ex-POTUS DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

All things Rugby
Ali's Choice

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Ali's Choice »

fonzeee wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:00 am
dam0 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:52 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:38 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:29 am Americans are sadly reaping what they sowed back in 2016 when they voted for Donald Trump to be their President. He was clearly unfit to lead, yet American voters flocked to him. Poor leaders destroy organisations, and Trump is doing a great job destroying the United States.
:thumbup:
Yep well said AC
Oh will you all fudge off and use your brains. Not only did most people not vote for him, most people who voted didn't vote for him.

Not everything is some morality tale. Sometimes you get f**ked and the credits roll.
Enough Americans voted for Donald Trump for him to be elected in 2016. He won the Electoral College by a big margin. He was a career crook who boasted about sexual assault on film, and yet enough Americans still voted for him. He warned during his Presidential debates with Hillary Clinton that he would not accept the outcome of an election if he lost, and yet enough Americans still voted for him.

Americans somehow thought they were different, that they could elect someone who was uniquely unfit to lead a country, and somehow there wouldn't be a cost. Well there has been a cost. Your Capitol Building was stormed today. The Confederate flag was flown in your building of government. Your Senators and Congressmen were huddled on the floor, scared and afraid. 380,000 victims of COVID-18 have lost their lives. This is the cost of electing an incompetent leader.

As an aside, was today's insurrection and storming of Capitol Hill part of Trump's plan to make America great again?
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

C69 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:48 pm
Mick Mannock wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:47 pm
Raison D'etre wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:45 pm BREAKING NEWS:

Fox are reporting that the ace OAN News influencer, Mick Mannock, has broken into the Capitol with a suspicious device. Crying "Death or Freedom" and "Remember remember the 6th of Januember" he tied himself to Mitch McConnell's just discovered backbone and promised to blow the whole place to Kingdom Come before the Deep State Stasi wrestled him to the ground. More to follow...
Is this your first foray into the pile-on?

Well done fella :thumbup:
What is this pile on?
No doubt, it 's one of Mick's tawdry fantasies. x(
jambanja

Post by jambanja »

Ali's Choice wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:29 am Americans are sadly reaping what they sowed back in 2016 when they voted for Donald Trump to be their President. He was clearly unfit to lead, yet American voters flocked to him. Poor leaders destroy organisations, and Trump is doing a great job destroying the United States.
Yep well said AC
Oh will you all fudge off and use your brains. Not only did most people not vote for him, most people who voted didn't vote for him.

Not everything is some morality tale. Sometimes you get f**ked and the credits roll.
Enough people voted for him to become President, if they hadn’t we wouldn’t have had to endure the last 4 years of the idiot, which says to me that something is broken in the world’s biggest democracy, Trump ffs what was it that made enough people to vote for him, the mind boggles
Jensrsa

Post by Jensrsa »

The Senate rejected the effort (92-7) to cancel Pennsylvania’s votes without any debate.
https://www.wvtm13.com/article/congress ... /35137046#
fonzeee

Post by fonzeee »

Ali's Choice wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:15 am
Yep well said AC

Enough Americans voted for Donald Trump for him to be elected in 2016. He won the Electoral College by a big margin. He was a career crook who boasted about sexual assault on film, and yet enough Americans still voted for him. He warned during his Presidential debates with Hillary Clinton that he would not accept the outcome of an election if he lost, and yet enough Americans still voted for him.

Americans somehow thought they were different, that they could elect someone who was uniquely unfit to lead a country, and somehow there wouldn't be a cost. Well there has been a cost. Your Capitol Building was stormed today. The Confederate flag was flown in your building of government. Your Senators and Congressmen were huddled on the floor, scared and afraid. 380,000 victims of COVID-18 have lost their lives. This is the cost of electing an incompetent leader.

As an aside, was today's insurrection and storming of Capitol Hill part of Trump's plan to make America great again?
You are as culpable for the election of Donald Trump as I am. Same as Gandhi, Marlon Brando, or the actual Ali Williams.
Kiwias

Post by Kiwias »

Who is this berk screaming that there was massive fraud but telling everyone who believes that the election was fair that they should show the evidence that there was no fraud? It is the people claiming fraud who have to show evidence there was, something they failed miserably in around 60 individual court cases.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

fonzeee wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:26 am You are as culpable for the election of Donald Trump as I am. Same as Gandhi, Marlon Brando, or the actual Ali Williams.
I'm not blaming you personally mate.
Demilich

Post by Demilich »

Guy in blue is Jon Schaffer - who is a fairly famous rhythm guitarist/band leader of the metal band Iced Earth (and "super-group" Demons & Wizards). While not full-on mainstream, Iced Earth are one of the most well-known bands in that next tier just below - you'd find their albums and merch in big department stores, they headline their own world tours, they grace the cover of metal magazines and they occasionally hit the billboard charts etc.

Should be a fairly high-profile case to follow to see what punishments are meted out. :lol:
wamberal

Post by wamberal »

Try as I might, I simply cannot comprehend how the Federal Parliamentary building in a first world country can be stormed by a gang of thugs, encouraged by the Head of farking State.
Flockwitt

Post by Flockwitt »

One thing's for sure. Whoever was in charge of the police needs their head to roll, or if they were given specific orders to act as they did the individual needs to be held to account.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Yas!!, SE Cupp is on CNN :thumbup:
fonzeee

Post by fonzeee »

Ali's Choice wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:28 am
fonzeee wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:26 am You are as culpable for the election of Donald Trump as I am. Same as Gandhi, Marlon Brando, or the actual Ali Williams.
Well I know man, just saying that it's wrong to imply that it's somehow just for all 330 million of us to receive some sort of collective comeuppance, "reaping what we've sown".

Sorry, I guess I'm being overly sensitive tbh.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

So do all the US Senators and Congressmen and women who were huddled together scared and afraid have Trump Derangement Syndrome?
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

fonzeee wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:37 am
Well I know man, just saying that it's wrong to imply that it's somehow just for all 330 million of us to receive some sort of collective comeuppance, "reaping what we've sown".

Americans are by far the biggest victims of Trump. It's been horrible to see so many of you suffer from afar. But Trump did not elect himself and tens of millions of Americans need to be held to account for his Presidency.
fonzeee

Post by fonzeee »

Ali's Choice wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:40 am

Americans are by far the biggest victims of Trump. It's been horrible to see so many of you suffer from afar. But Trump did not elect himself and tens of millions of Americans need to be held to account for his Presidency.
Honestly part of fixing it is taking those people's grievances seriously. I mean, yeah, the QAnon guy shouting at the Capitol Hill cop today is probably beyond the pale, but I really believe we can do more to work with the Trump base.

Nobody wants to swallow their pride though. It's all very discouraging.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

fonzeee wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:47 am Honestly part of fixing it is taking those people's grievances seriously. I mean, yeah, the QAnon guy shouting at the Capitol Hill cop today is probably beyond the pale, but I really believe we can do more to work with the Trump base.

How can anyone take the election fraud grievances seriously?
fonzeee

Post by fonzeee »

Ali's Choice wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:49 am
fonzeee wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:47 am Honestly part of fixing it is taking those people's grievances seriously. I mean, yeah, the QAnon guy shouting at the Capitol Hill cop today is probably beyond the pale, but I really believe we can do more to work with the Trump base.

I'm talking more the grievances that made them prey for a Trump-like character in 2015. Shit that was decades in the making.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

What do you have in mind?
Harveys

Post by Harveys »

Mick Mannock wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:00 am

What do you have in mind?
They could each be forced to read this whole thread for a start. x(
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

:lol:

That must be what AC had in mind
Flockwitt

Post by Flockwitt »

Demilich wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:32 am Image

Guy in blue is Jon Schaffer - who is a fairly famous rhythm guitarist/band leader of the metal band Iced Earth (and "super-group" Demons & Wizards). While not full-on mainstream, Iced Earth are one of the most well-known bands in that next tier just below - you'd find their albums and merch in big department stores, they headline their own world tours, they grace the cover of metal magazines and they occasionally hit the billboard charts etc.

Should be a fairly high-profile case to follow to see what punishments are meted out. :lol:
Doing a damn good job as a false flag Antifa member.
AnkleTap

Post by AnkleTap »

Muttonbirds wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:09 am At this point, with four deaths inside the Capitol, only 5 people have been arrested for anything other than breaking curfew. It was horrible to see how soft the DC police were with these thugs.

Today is the starkest display of white privilege ever. x(
As much as it would make your dick hard for once to see these dudes getting shot to shit, it might be difficult the following week to dissuade the Chinese from doing similar in Hong Kong. I would imagine the advice from on top would be "Get the fudge out of the way, here comes an own goal hatrick."
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Yep well said AC

who said most people voted for the man who did a fine job ?
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

fonzeee wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:50 am

I'm talking more the grievances that made them prey for a Trump-like character in 2015. Shit that was decades in the making.
what grievances can make you prey for an obvious loon to be your president

Last edited by Anonymous 1 on Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
obelixtim

Post by obelixtim »

Flockwitt wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:18 am

Prepare to spend a good few years in the pen. How thick were these idiots. Faces captured on video. The FBI and courts are going to have quite a bit of work after today.
terangi48

Post by terangi48 »

Jeepers.....what a clusterf****.........when I turned on tv this arvo, thought I'd stumbled on a new Vikings series. There was definitely something dodgy about the low level security there today!
Demilich

Post by Demilich »

obelixtim wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:32 am
Flockwitt wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:18 am

Prepare to spend a good few years in the pen. How thick were these idiots. Faces captured on video. The FBI and courts are going to have quite a bit of work after today.
Time to start feverishly scanning the footage for any sign of that wank-stain Dave Mustaine... :lol:
Varsity Way

Post by Varsity Way »

Whole thing can be traced back to this IMO.....

https://youtu.be/LKi9V0hj7eI
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

Got no idea what fonzeee voted in 2016 and nor do I want to. But he has said in the past that Trump is useful.
Fat Old Git

Post by Fat Old Git »

terangi48 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:41 am Jeepers.....what a clusterf****.........when I turned on tv this arvo, thought I'd stumbled on a new Vikings series. There was definitely something dodgy about the low level security there today!
I thought that the US couldn't get any more bonkers. The US said "hold my beer...".
Jensrsa

Post by Jensrsa »

He forgot to list Trump
Schaffer has listed Tom Schaffer, Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, Samuel Adams, Patrick Henry, Stephen Toboz, Steve Harris, Ronnie James Dio, Hansi Kürsch, Aaron Russo, G. Edward Griffin and Ron Paul as people who inspire him.
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

AnkleTap wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:18 am
Muttonbirds wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:09 am At this point, with four deaths inside the Capitol, only 5 people have been arrested for anything other than breaking curfew. It was horrible to see how soft the DC police were with these thugs.

As much as it would make your dick hard for once to see these dudes getting shot to shit, it might be difficult the following week to dissuade the Chinese from doing similar in Hong Kong. I would imagine the advice from on top would be "Get the fudge out of the way, here comes an own goal hatrick."
:? Does it make your dick hard when a black man is killed by US police?
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

So four people died in or around that building and they still came back and worked as if nothing happened?
mightyreds

Re: OFFICIAL U.S. Election Thread: TRUMP vs. HILLARY

Post by mightyreds »

Auckman wrote: Thu May 05, 2016 1:09 am If Hillary can solve her minor (but potentially serious) blue collar working class male voter problem, she'll destroy Trump.

Her criminal activities won't disadvantage her at all, in a country when you can scam a whole majority out of their vote, and then celebrate getting away with it.
Muttonbirds

Re: OFFICIAL U.S. Election Thread: TRUMP vs. HILLARY

Post by Muttonbirds »

mightyreds wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:00 am
Auckman wrote: Thu May 05, 2016 1:09 am If Hillary can solve her minor (but potentially serious) blue collar working class male voter problem, she'll destroy Trump.

Her criminal activities won't disadvantage her at all, in a country when you can scam a whole majority out of their vote, and then celebrate getting away with it.
That's quite a quote. How many others are you going to drag up from 2016, mightyroids?
not_english

Post by not_english »

Got to love twitter

DOB

Post by DOB »

fonzeee wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:50 am

Obama and Biden tried to give them affordable health care, reduce the deficit and stablized the economy so jobs would come back in a steady predictable rate without booms and busts. Sure, it wasn’t perfect, but it could have been a lot worse. As we just saw.
Petros

Post by Petros »

Muttonbirds wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:09 am Wow, what a car crash. Amazing scenes in the Senate today.

One of the most depressing things was the weakness of the security. It's as if they were deliberately under powered and ambushed.

At this point, with four deaths inside the Capitol, only 5 people have been arrested for anything other than breaking curfew. It was horrible to see how soft the DC police were with these thugs.

It was reported that the Acting Defense Secretary had refused requests to provide National Guard reinforcements before the protest
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:13 am Anyho, that's the end of the US as the world's leading superpower I guess.
Money and military are the building blocks of a superpower. Obviously the self-respect of the nations leader is not one fo those, otherwise the USA would have been in the dumps 3 or 4 years ago.
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

Petros wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:06 am
Muttonbirds wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:09 am Wow, what a car crash. Amazing scenes in the Senate today.

One of the most depressing things was the weakness of the security. It's as if they were deliberately under powered and ambushed.

At this point, with four deaths inside the Capitol, only 5 people have been arrested for anything other than breaking curfew. It was horrible to see how soft the DC police were with these thugs.

It was reported that the Acting Defense Secretary had refused requests to provide National Guard reinforcements before the protest
Thanks. That makes sense. So broadly it was a set up by Trump and his campaign to have a spectacular insurrection on the Capitol. Never been done before! Macabre and deadly theatre. Should be a hanging offence for Trump.
Last edited by Muttonbirds on Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.