ex-POTUS DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

All things Rugby
Floppykid

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Floppykid »

https://twitter.com/GeoffRBennett/statu ... 7929217024
NEWS: Richard Barnett, who was seen sitting at a desk in Speaker Pelosi’s office, has been arrested in Arkansas and charged with entering and remaining on restricting grounds, violent entry, and theft of public property -- NBC's Pete Williams reports.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

!!! NEW: Justice Dept. has charged West Virginia state delegate with illegally entering US Capitol. Derek Evans
https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/stat ... 8199212035

They're hopefully going to make a show of these idiots.
Flockwitt

Post by Flockwitt »

CrazyIslander wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:58 pm Meanwhile more than 4,000 covid deaths today.
What? What did you say? Speak up man!
flaggETERNAL

Post by flaggETERNAL »

There is a certain irony in seeing Graham being chased by the very people he enabled. Also...why is there always an extremely loud, bleach blonde at all these things?
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

flaggETERNAL wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:54 pm
There is a certain irony in seeing Graham being chased by the very people he enabled. Also...why is there always an extremely loud, bleach blonde at all these things?
Just a lifetime of being humoured, not told she's dumb often enough.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

https://twitter.com/JanNWolfe/status/13 ... 3478492163
House Democrats plan to introduce articles of impeachment against Trump on Monday -
@Reuters
Flockwitt

Post by Flockwitt »

Whatever wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:02 pm House Dems holding a call about impeachment now.

They wanted the 25th but Iron Mike has refused, so impeachment it is. Wonder how many Rep Senators will be onboard.

Pelosi has also spoken to Gen Mark Milley about her concerns about Trump and the nuclear codes.
The nuclear codes is a bit of news flashing, but the impeachment is interesting. Old Mitch is not a happy chappy his temple was defiled. His wife resigns on the spot and Moscow Mitch has said some nasty things about Cruz and co. About the only time in his entire tenure he's shown any spine and genuine spirit.

Loved the shouting out of Lindsey Graham. Couldn't happen to a nicer group of people, this split between the 'strong and the weak'. Long may it shaft the GOP, those who object to what happened and those who'll go to the grave singing Trump's praises.
Zico

Post by Zico »

The nuclear codes are not the real threat it's the potential that the Orange scumbag will order covert operations designed to provoke retaliation and an escalation the next admin would have to deal with.
CrazyIslander

Post by CrazyIslander »

He asked for their votes and they gave it to him. Now they own him.
CrazyIslander

Post by CrazyIslander »

Flockwitt wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:49 pm
CrazyIslander wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:58 pm Meanwhile more than 4,000 covid deaths today.
What? What did you say? Speak up man!
Sorry, I thought it was way down on the agenda priority.
merry!

Post by merry! »

Floppykid wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:07 pm https://twitter.com/JanNWolfe/status/13 ... 3478492163
House Democrats plan to introduce articles of impeachment against Trump on Monday -
@Reuters
i'd be crapping myself if i was them too.

pence should be arrested first though. :)
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

merry! wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:46 pm
Floppykid wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:07 pm https://twitter.com/JanNWolfe/status/13 ... 3478492163
@Reuters

Took you a couple of days to score some more crack, clearly.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

Boxcar Ira wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:09 am
Muttonbirds wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:53 am
dam0 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:50 am
flaggETERNAL wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:47 am I reckon it's in the Dems best interest not to impeach him. Let him try and run in 2024, either as a Republican or an independent. Works out for them either way.
I agree. They won't convict him so it's a waste of time anyway.
Is it a waste? It's incumbent upon the Democrats to crush this stain on humanity. Otherwise when he tries to come back people will ask why something wasn't done earlier.
It's a tough one. You could easily make a martyr of him.

I think the senior Dems are just giving him enough rope to hang himself at the moment and he did that. I'll be amazed now if he could run with the Republicans in 2024.

They need to focus on Cruz and Hawley. Cruz is an utter slime ball - that post on the dead cop and how the terrorists should be prosecuted. I genuinely feel sorry for the mob and that woman who was shot inside. Led on by people who know so much better.
Pence is starting to look like a demi-god in all this. The very type of strong-armed saviour Americans gag for.

Yet he enabled Trump right through his presidency and shouldn't be allowed to distance himself so easily, simply for showing spine at the very end.
puku

Post by puku »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:51 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You reap what you sow Lindsey.
CanNZ2000

Post by CanNZ2000 »

In some positive news. Perdue has conceded to Ossoff in the Georgia Senate race.
Fat Old Git

Post by Fat Old Git »

Floppykid wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:57 pm
The big Q on the back of her "I ❤ Trump" T-Shirt is a clue I suspect.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Fat Old Git wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:57 pm
Personality disorder and no one paying her attention anymore.
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

fonzeee wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:36 pm
EverReady wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:25 pm Fonzee it was not under control. You are trying to find evidence to support your point and I can very very easily refute it. Its all a bit apologisty
Perhaps "essentially under control" wasn't the right way to put it, but I really don't buy this idea that it was a massacre waiting to happen. They weren't harmless because they're good people, they were harmless because they're nothing more than LARPers on a field trip.

It was the most limp-wristed pathetic "coup" ever attempted if that is what it was supposed to be. Extremely gay, and not in the good way.
They were screaming, "Burn it down!" and beat a cop to death with a fire extinguisher :?

You see what you want to see, I guess.
Last edited by Muttonbirds on Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ovalball

Post by ovalball »

Utterly disgusting from Trump MAGA supporters. This is what his behaviour breeds.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2021/ ... os-angeles
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Muttonbirds wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:01 pm
fonzeee wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:36 pm
EverReady wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:25 pm Fonzee it was not under control. You are trying to find evidence to support your point and I can very very easily refute it. Its all a bit apologisty
Perhaps "essentially under control" wasn't the right way to put it, but I really don't buy this idea that it was a massacre waiting to happen. They weren't harmless because they're good people, they were harmless because they're nothing more than LARPers on a field trip.

It was the most limp-wristed pathetic "coup" ever attempted if that is what it was supposed to be. Extremely gay, and not in the good way.
They were screaming, "Burn it down!" and beat a cop to death with a fire extinguisher :?

You see what you want to see, I guess.
They also disrupted the functioning of the democratic process.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Muttonbirds wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:54 pm
Boxcar Ira wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:09 am
Muttonbirds wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:53 am
dam0 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:50 am
flaggETERNAL wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:47 am I reckon it's in the Dems best interest not to impeach him. Let him try and run in 2024, either as a Republican or an independent. Works out for them either way.
I agree. They won't convict him so it's a waste of time anyway.
Is it a waste? It's incumbent upon the Democrats to crush this stain on humanity. Otherwise when he tries to come back people will ask why something wasn't done earlier.
It's a tough one. You could easily make a martyr of him.

I think the senior Dems are just giving him enough rope to hang himself at the moment and he did that. I'll be amazed now if he could run with the Republicans in 2024.

They need to focus on Cruz and Hawley. Cruz is an utter slime ball - that post on the dead cop and how the terrorists should be prosecuted. I genuinely feel sorry for the mob and that woman who was shot inside. Led on by people who know so much better.
Pence is starting to look like a demi-god in all this. The very type of strong-armed saviour Americans gag for.

Yet he enabled Trump right through his presidency and shouldn't be allowed to distance himself so easily, simply for showing spine at the very end.
He didn't show a spine. A desperate Trump told him to throw himself under the bus and he said fuck that
Sefton

Post by Sefton »

Fat Old Git wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:57 pm
It’s how I imagine Mick acting.
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:05 pmHe didn't show a spine. A desperate Trump told him to throw himself under the bus and he said fuck that
Agreed, but he's being sold as some sort of strong saviour of the nation right now. The Republicans will be looking on with massive interest with respect to their future strategy.
CanNZ2000

Post by CanNZ2000 »

Exhibit 1 on why Congress needs to impeach Trump a second time.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-hav ... sion-video
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

ovalball wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:01 pm Utterly disgusting from Trump MAGA supporters. This is what his behaviour breeds.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2021/ ... os-angeles
Micks wife doesnt think that was racially motivated
puku

Post by puku »

Muttonbirds wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:09 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:05 pmHe didn't show a spine. A desperate Trump told him to throw himself under the bus and he said fuck that
Agreed, but he's being sold as some sort of strong saviour of the nation right now. The Republicans will be looking on with massive interest with respect to their future strategy.
One of the few Republicans with name recognition to come out of this shit show with a burnished reputation is Mittens. I don't see him running in 2024 though.
Demilich

Post by Demilich »

If it looks like he is going to be impeached and then convicted in the senate and prevented from holding office again, the ultimate power move has got to be pardoning all his supporters that stormed the capitol. Will win back those that think he's currently bitching out and cement his legacy with the rest.
CanNZ2000

Post by CanNZ2000 »

Demilich wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:23 pm If it looks like he is going to be impeached and then convicted in the senate and prevented from holding office again, the ultimate power move has got to be pardoning all his supporters that stormed the capitol. Will win back those that think he's currently bitching out and cement his legacy with the rest.
I think he has to be. Congress has to send that message, if they don't, then they risk a more competent President trying a similar stunt in the future. Too dangerous to just 'let it go.' Even if the actual Senate vote happens after Biden is sworn in, still do it.

With the 2 Dems joining congress soon, they should have 50 yes votes, will the get 17 Republicans to go with it? Probably.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

puku wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:14 pm
One of the few Republicans with name recognition to come out of this shit show with a burnished reputation is Mittens. I don't see him running in 2024 though.
Somebody named after a kitten probably wouldn't have much political staying power tbf.
Flockwitt

Post by Flockwitt »

puku wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:14 pm
You might wish he would. Cruz is the one to watch out for. The author of government shut downs is cunning enough to wriggle through this and climb back on top of the dung heap. If it hadn't been for Trump rearing his orange head Cruz fully intended to leverage off of the same base in 2016 and may well have got there, he'd played his set up well. He may yet get the primary votes that a centrist GOP candidate wouldn't come 2024.
Flockwitt

Post by Flockwitt »

CanNZ2000 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:26 pm
Demilich wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:23 pm If it looks like he is going to be impeached and then convicted in the senate and prevented from holding office again, the ultimate power move has got to be pardoning all his supporters that stormed the capitol. Will win back those that think he's currently bitching out and cement his legacy with the rest.
I think he has to be. Congress has to send that message, if they don't, then they risk a more competent President trying a similar stunt in the future. Too dangerous to just 'let it go.' Even if the actual Senate vote happens after Biden is sworn in, still do it.

With the 2 Dems joining congress soon, they should have 50 yes votes, will the get 17 Republicans to go with it? Probably.
I said and argued the same point a few pages back now. And as commented Mitch is not best pleased. No, not at all. The whitewash is being kept behind closed doors for now. Let's see what happens next week.
CanNZ2000

Post by CanNZ2000 »

Biden on Trump coming to his inauguration: “It’s a good thing, him not showing up.”

Biden on Pence coming to his inauguration: “He’s welcome.”
:lol:
ovalball

Post by ovalball »

The Republicans would be mad not to impeach him - they really need shot of Trump and now is the perfect time - they'll have 4 years to quieten down the MAGA mob.
CanNZ2000

Post by CanNZ2000 »

ovalball wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:35 pm

The Republicans would be mad not to impeach him - they really need shot of Trump and now is the perfect time - they'll have 4 years to quieten down the MAGA mob.
Agree. I think they will actually do it too.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

pardoning the people who made the impeachment voters cower under their desks. :thumbup:
Demilich

Post by Demilich »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:37 pm
pardoning the people who made the impeachment voters cower under their desks. :thumbup:
The optics are so fucking Alpha it'll bring back Sneaker.
flaggETERNAL

Post by flaggETERNAL »

The police in this video possibly felt there were too many Trumpers for them to stop but it is bizarre watching them stand aside and let them through.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1347644915090673674
Masterji

Post by Masterji »

merry! wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:46 pm
@Reuters

They are a day too late. Should have started the proceedings on Wednesday evening