ex-POTUS DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

All things Rugby
dam0

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by dam0 »

Ali's Choice wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:43 am Charges against individuals who stormed the Capitol Building are starting to trickle through. Staggeringly, they all seem to be members of right wing organisations, gun clubs and faux-militant groups such as the Proud Boys. No Antifa members so far, but I'm sure their arrests will happen as the FBI's work progresses.
Nope.

The FBI has a well known historical bias against right wing people and in favour of left wing people. The FBI will give the members of Antifa a pass for the insurrection and only arrest the right wingers.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

It's been both funny and scary watching the Trump mob turn on conservatives such as Lindsey Graham and Mike Pence, for not supporting Trump's effort to overturn the election result. These GOP figures thought they could tame the deplorables, yet the mob has now turned on them.
Zico

Post by Zico »

The MAGA dickheads are taking aim at meerkats rather than the Al Murhikans that pay for Senators
grievous

Post by grievous »

Zico wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:59 am Image

The MAGA dickheads are taking aim at meerkats rather than the Al Murhikans that pay for Senators
:?: :?: :?:

Post by 4071 »

shanky wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:29 am
Floppykid wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:22 am https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/sta ... 4310982660

hes fukin banned m8
BREAKING: The president has been suspended from Twitter, per Twitter.
:lol:

From the same page

https://twitter.com/declanwalsh/status/ ... 7217199105

“Who’s the Banana Republic now?” Asks Kenyan newspaper. :lol:
Indian newspaper headline: Coup Klux klan: Don Triggers Mob & Rob Bid

https://twitter.com/krupali/status/1347604674346536960

It's nice that the world is able to laugh so openly at the US.
Yer Man

Post by Yer Man »

shanky wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:44 am
Zico wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:40 am The Islamic preacher related to the Bali bombing has been released. One of those things that happen under cover of another outrage.
Yes. Awful. He claims he’ll go back to being peaceful, if you’re willing to believe that.
We're still talking about Trump, right?

Post by 4071 »

Ali's Choice wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:58 am It's been both funny and scary watching the Trump mob turn on conservatives such as Lindsey Graham and Mike Pence, for not supporting Trump's effort to overturn the election result. These GOP figures thought they could tame the deplorables, yet the mob has now turned on them.
German conservatives thought that they could use and control Hitler in their bid to ensure leftists did not gain power.

That went well.
merry!

Post by merry! »

less than two weeks to go apparently...and the panic is palpable. :lol:
flaggETERNAL

Post by flaggETERNAL »

merry! wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:14 am less than two weeks to go apparently...and the panic is palpable. :lol:
From you and your fellow Trumpers yes
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now, Lock Him Up!
merry!

Post by merry! »

flaggETERNAL wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:19 am
merry! wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:14 am less than two weeks to go apparently...and the panic is palpable. :lol:
From you and your fellow Trumpers yes
:roll:
TheFrog

Post by TheFrog »

4071 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:49 pm
TheFrog wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:17 pm
BokJock wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:58 pm
TheFrog wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:56 pm May be true. Do you have the numbers?

So far, I understand 4 protesters died and 1 policeman died.

Were the violent thugs the core of the movement or were they a very small minority? Those are important and fair questions to be asked, just as we all agree it is unfair to paint BLM as looters and rioters.
What was the aim of the BLM protests?

What was the aim of this "protest"?
I don't know what was the aim of this protest. What I know is that it became taking over the Capitol in a nig show of force. And that is not acceptable. There will be people who will pay for this and be held accountable for it thanks to the extensive footage over the event and courtesy of their own live steaming on Instagram, Facebook, Whatsapp etc...

For sure, a number of these people were quite happy to take down the Democratic system. But was this the view of the majority? I don’t have any idea.

I am convinced part of this crowd are idiots who really feel robbed thanks to the lies they have been served in the last months. There are a lot of people in this crowd who are people who are lost about their future and that of their children, who grew to hate the Washington "Swamp" because they feel their life standards and future were being threatened by greedy politicians who didn't seem to care about them. They are idiots, they do not think far but unfortunately you will find plenty of this in any population. And what they grow to believe is what they are served by influencers around them. And these people are as much criminals for having invaded the Capitol (and should be held accountable) as they are victims of people who manipulated them into becoming this crowd. These manipulators unfortunately are likely to get away with this.

Then, yes, there is a core of racist, fascist, and other ultra rights movements who saw in Trump the opportunity to take down democracy. Those are rats who deserve hounding until we get rid of them. The rest of the crowd deserves help as much as they deserve a strong kick up their back side to learn about respecting institutions and not listening to lies.
Certainly the vast majority pottering around the building were harmless. They probably never really expected to get inside, and their tough words online are probably just that - they are keyboard warriors.

The fact that they seemed to have no aims, were happy to be caught on camera, and were engaging quite pleasantly with the police in many cases suggests that - at best - they didn't really know what they were getting into. They had no great criminal intent, and - having been trained to see the police as being on their side - probably found it hard to understand that they were in an illegal conflict situation.

However, there were some at the protest with nefarious intent. Obviously there's the guy who planted pipe bombs outside the DNC and RNC offices. Funnily enough, his face was well covered and he's not readily identifiable.

There's another mystery guy, masked up, wearing gloves, carrying cable ties and with some kind of holstered weapon. He has made himself far harder to identify as well. I wonder what he was planning?
I agree with you.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Panic about what?
flaggETERNAL

Post by flaggETERNAL »

Floppykid wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:26 am
Panic about what?
The Disco
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

paddyor

Post by paddyor »

Google suspending Parler form the google play store
Taranaki Snapper

Post by Taranaki Snapper »

We regret to report Trump is at it again on Twitter

Donald Trump, after being permanently suspended from Twitter under his personal account @theREALDonaldTrump, has tried to hijack the official presidential account @POTUS to tweet his grievances.

Twitter is quickly deleting the posts before they can be shared, but users briefly could see messages from Trump slamming Twitter for coordinating with Democrats and the “radical left” to “silence” the president.

The social media platform had already said it will remove any new postings from Trump to @POTUS. If Trump attempts to make a new account, it will also be permanently suspended “at first detection,” according to Twitter’s rules.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/liv ... ve-updates

It's all gone a bit QP... :lol:
merry!

Post by merry! »

Taranaki Snapper wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:55 am

Donald Trump, after being permanently suspended from Twitter under his personal account @theREALDonaldTrump, has tried to hijack the official presidential account @POTUS to tweet his grievances.

Twitter is quickly deleting the posts before they can be shared, but users briefly could see messages from Trump slamming Twitter for coordinating with Democrats and the “radical left” to “silence” the president.

The social media platform had already said it will remove any new postings from Trump to @POTUS. If Trump attempts to make a new account, it will also be permanently suspended “at first detection,” according to Twitter’s rules.

there are other ways..

DOB

Post by DOB »

flaggETERNAL wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:28 am
Floppykid wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:26 am
Panic about what?
The Disco
In the streets of Washington?
Whatever

Post by Whatever »

Taranaki Snapper wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:55 am

This is just heartbreaking. :((

Poor Donald. They've taken away all his devices.
Zico

Post by Zico »

4071 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:08 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:58 am It's been both funny and scary watching the Trump mob turn on conservatives such as Lindsey Graham and Mike Pence, for not supporting Trump's effort to overturn the election result. These GOP figures thought they could tame the deplorables, yet the mob has now turned on them.
German conservatives thought that they could use and control Hitler in their bid to ensure leftists did not gain power.

That went well.
The family of Georg Hansen was denied an army pension from the West German government after WWII because he was dishonourably discharged from the Wehrmacht before being executed for being part of a plot to kill the head of state Adolf Hitler. His courts martial judges survived the war.

Alexander Vindman hasn't been rewarded for standing up to a dictator in modern times.
obelixtim

Post by obelixtim »

Zico wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:27 am
4071 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:08 am

That went well.
The family of Georg Hansen was denied an army pension from the West German government after WWII because he was dishonourably discharged from the Wehrmacht before being executed for being part of a plot to kill the head of state Adolf Hitler. His courts martial judges survived the war.

Alexander Vindman hasn't been rewarded for standing up to a dictator in modern times.
I think Vindman will be in a good place once Joe takes the reins.
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

This is ridiculous. The first reply to Hillary C is from a blue tick Dean Browning. :lol: He tried to play a multi on Twitter and got mixed up. Going from white conservative to gay black man. What a jack ass.

shanky

Post by shanky »

4071 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:05 am
shanky wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:29 am
Floppykid wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:22 am https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/sta ... 4310982660

hes fukin banned m8
BREAKING: The president has been suspended from Twitter, per Twitter.

From the same page

https://twitter.com/declanwalsh/status/ ... 7217199105

“Who’s the Banana Republic now?” Asks Kenyan newspaper. :lol:
Indian newspaper headline: Coup Klux klan: Don Triggers Mob & Rob Bid

https://twitter.com/krupali/status/1347604674346536960

It's nice that the world is able to laugh so openly at the US.
dam0

Post by dam0 »

YOYO wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:32 am
This is ridiculous. The first reply to Hillary C is from a blue tick Dean Browning. :lol: He tried to play a multi on Twitter and got mixed up. Going from white conservative to gay black man. What a jack ass.

That was from November:

https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2020/11/1 ... -black-man
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

dam0 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:42 am
YOYO wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:32 am

That was from November:

https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2020/11/1 ... -black-man
:lol: . Just shows are nuts the social media world is and considering it’s still quite a new thing to humanity. Something drastic is going to have to be done to bring humans back to normality.
DOB

Post by DOB »

Ancient Spartan kings are rising from their graves to applaud such Laconianism.
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

fonzeee wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:03 pm
UncleFB wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:30 am I'm a dumb bitch? ;) Been called worse ...

Anyway, agree with the bold.

Fonzee: I was regularly sent on the ground pics during the BLM protest from friends in 5 US cities. None of them expressed the fear from the protestors you're saying you had, your experience appears not to be everyone's experience. BLM was a protest movement that likely got out of control at times. Do you really think what happened yesterday was the same? These guys took over your second most prominent govt building filled with most of your pollies.

As an aside it's a wee bit unbelievable that they could get into your govt buildings like that. That mob wouldn't even be able to get into NZ's parliament if they tried that in NZ.

And at any rate, I was commenting on your bleeding hearts comment and the footage they were getting heated up about in comparison to this. Trying to break through a door into an area with politicians is different from bonking an old man who was in your face a minute ago but walking away. (Which is not to say there weren't times when police needed to use legitimate violent tactics during BLM). Your comment on them not having a real threat of violence is preposterous, especially when contrasted with your claims about the danger of BLM protests. You're straying into Mick, Derwyn, Mighty Reds and Sen territory with that comment.
It may not have been everyone's experience, but it wasn't exactly uncommon. You may not be willing or able to say, but I would simply like to know how close these friends were to the flashpoints of these riots...

My old workplace is on School Street in Downtown Boston and was literally right next door to places that were smashed up. My boss and his wife live in nearby North End and could actually hear the unrest, and most definitely were frightened. My college friends who still live near my old stomping grounds in Midtown St. Louis near my alma mater SLU also saw looting and rioting firsthand. My hometown (about 10 minutes from Ferguson) flared up again as well. If I got any more specific I would probably doxx myself. So unless I'm somehow unique and this is all a coincidence, which I doubt, this shit was not at all uncommon, even if it wasn't necessarily ubiquitous. I'm glad your friends had somewhere safe to retreat to (hell, I'll admit that I was safe where I live; if I didn't work there and know these people I might have thought everything was okay), but that's just not true for everyone. And FFS we're talking about St. Louis and Boston, nevermind proper flashpoints like Minneapolis, Seattle, Portland, etc. I doubt either of those places even made the national news.

Even if you don't want to believe me, a quick glance at Wiki attributes 19 deaths to these protests. God knows how many injured. Literally billions in property damage; incalculable damage to the community itself. I feel people are getting hung up on the righteousness (or lack thereof) of the underlying message behind each incident of unrest, but that is not what determines the danger at hand.

I say there was no real threat of violence because unlike in the summer where it was everywhere and everyone was fair game, the protestors here targeted a specific place. A heavily fortified place. And if you don't believe that the situation was essentially under control, check out this video when the lady got shot: not only are there at least half a dozen men armed with automatic weapons standing literally feet away from the victim, but they are actually leaving the scene to go somewhere else. When the girl is shot, there isn't a crowd of people trying to break through, she'd taken it upon herself like the proverbial drunk chick at the party. About a minute and a half in you see a gaggle of cops milling about beyond the barricade to see what was going on; it wasn't like this guy was the last line of defense. The girl herself was unarmed. The shooting brought not a volley of responding gunfire but a bunch of whiney bitches playing it up as if they were the victims. Everyone has their phone out, as far as they're concerned it's just all one big laugh.

Which follows. I mean, look at the images throughout the day, they have a vibe of revelry. I tend to think security services noted this. People walking around as if they're on a tour, phones out, flags waving, putting their feet up on congressmen's desks, stealing the speaker's podium with a shit-eating grin, etc. I don't mean to say this to defend these cunts, I say this to point out that they're just a big bunch of play-acting privileged pussies who never in a million years would have had the balls to pull some proper shit. Even the cop who died basically collapsed in his office after the fact AFAIK.

I'm not saying that these people wouldn't have liked to have perpetrated great violence in their fantasies. But in reality they lacked the ability, due to their own cowardice and the preparedness of the Secret Service and police. So yes, I don't consider them to have posed much of a threat to anything other than our international reputation.

Although, again, that doesn't mean I'd have shed a single tear if they were put down like dogs. And just because that girl didn't necessarily pose a threat of violence doesn't mean that cop didn't respond 100% appropriately.
Seriously dude, your attempts do downplay this are quite astounding. A group of people took over your Capitol building and you're making light of it. Seriously, security took measures when a mob were attempting to smash down a door. The fact that more of these dickheads weren't killed is actually astounding.

And seriously, you make light of this while comparing it with BLM which arose out of a sparked incident which saw a man killed while in police custody in plain sight, combined with recent flare ups in the proceeding years, and ongoing social issues generally due to racism, systemic or otherwise. It also happened throughout the country. With protests of that number of course the damage is going to be a lot higher than this one incident where most of law enforcement just stood by. This entire situation was brought about by a megalomaniac and his sycophants stirring up shit because they lost an election fair and square, it's no comparison with how BLM protests kicked off.
Fat Old Git

Post by Fat Old Git »

Floppykid wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:28 am https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/sta ... 1246169089

What an utter cuck.
It's a bit bizarre given making the big tech such as Twitter companies libel for the content their users post would have seen him and Trump banned after their first dishonest post. Or even one ones that were just questionable and might expose them litigation from whoever they were posting about.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

UncleFB wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:24 am Seriously dude, your attempts do downplay this are quite astounding. A group of people took over your Capitol building and you're making light of it. Seriously, security took measures when a mob were attempting to smash down a door. The fact that more of these dickheads weren't killed is actually astounding.

And seriously, you make light of this while comparing it with BLM which arose out of a sparked incident which saw a man killed while in police custody in plain sight, combined with recent flare ups in the proceeding years, and ongoing social issues generally due to racism, systemic or otherwise. It also happened throughout the country. With protests of that number of course the damage is going to be a lot higher than this one incident where most of law enforcement just stood by. This entire situation was brought about by a megalomaniac and his sycophants stirring up shit because they lost an election fair and square, it's no comparison with how BLM protests kicked off.
Fonzee has been one of the most prolific apologists for Donald Trump on this forum. He's not MM or Santa crazy, but he represents the calmer, more publically acceptable and palatable wing of the Trump movement. Fonzee has always been quick to defend Trump and his supporters, and promote Trump's conspiracy theories. And he has been quicker to condemn the Dems for anything they do wrong, and blame them for the anger and entitlement shown by Trump's base. Fonzee's desperate attempts to create a false equivalence between the sacking of the Capitol Building, and murder & assault of law enforcements officers, and the BLM protests is just further evidence of the far-right, ultra conservative agenda that Fonzee continually promotes on this forum. The mods should seriously consider banning posters like Fonzee, Mick Mannock, Santa and Derwyn, just as Twitter as banned Donald Trump.
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

Ali's Choice wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:33 am
UncleFB wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:24 am Seriously dude, your attempts do downplay this are quite astounding. A group of people took over your Capitol building and you're making light of it. Seriously, security took measures when a mob were attempting to smash down a door. The fact that more of these dickheads weren't killed is actually astounding.

Fonzee has been one of the most prolific apologists for Donald Trump on this forum. He's not MM or Santa crazy, but he represents the calmer, more publically acceptable and palatable wing of the Trump movement. Fonzee has always been quick to defend Trump and his supporters, and promote Trump's conspiracy theories. And he has been quicker to condemn the Dems for anything they do wrong, and blame them for the anger and entitlement shown by Trump's base. Fonzee's desperate attempts to create a false equivalence between the sacking of the Capitol Building, and murder & assault of law enforcements officers, and the BLM protests is just further evidence of the far-right, ultra conservative agenda that Fonzee continually promotes on this forum. The mods should seriously consider banning posters like Fonzee, Mick Mannock, Santa and Derwyn, just as Twitter as banned Donald Trump.
TBH, I've never really noticed Fonzee to be this pro Trump etc before. TBF, he usually has some interesting thoughts re rugby not coming from a rugby country.

It's funny, I think some Enz and some Mods were discussing how tiresome a poster would have to be before getting a ban and I think they cited Mutton as an example. Surely Mick, Mightyreds and Derwyn have well surpassed that level of tiresome. Although clearly Mightyreds and Derwyn have to be straight up parody accounts such as their idiocy. Sen has been rather quiet lately.
fonzeee

Post by fonzeee »

UncleFB wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:37 am

TBH, I've never really noticed Fonzee to be this pro Trump etc before. TBF, he usually has some interesting thoughts re rugby not coming from a rugby country.

It's funny, I think some Enz and some Mods were discussing how tiresome a poster would have to be before getting a ban and I think they cited Mutton as an example. Surely Mick, Mightyreds and Derwyn have well surpassed that level of tiresome. Although clearly Mightyreds and Derwyn have to be straight up parody accounts such as their idiocy. Sen has been rather quiet lately.
Explain how this is pro-Trump.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Seems internet slueths have found the ziptie guy.
I'll not repost here in case its wrong but it seems fairly right tbh.
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

fonzeee wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:39 am
UncleFB wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:37 am

Explain how this is pro-Trump.
Shouldn't you be responding to AC not me?
fonzeee

Post by fonzeee »

Name a single Trump conspiracy I've promoted.

As I've said before, you're quite knowledgeable about rugby but unfortunately it has come at the price of knowing fuck all about literally anything else.
Zico

Post by Zico »

fonzeee wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:45 am
As I've said before, you're quite knowledgeable about rugby but unfortunately it has come at the price of knowing fuck all about literally anything else.
Some balls on you to turn up today.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

fonzeee wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:45 am Name a single Trump conspiracy I've promoted.

I think you've always been an apologist for Donald Trump and his supporters. You've always excused the violent and bigoted behaviour of Trump's base, blaming the 'conditions' that exist in America. You've justified their hatred and justified their anger. Well these people who you have lovingly supported and made excuses for over the past 4 years just stormed your Capitol Building, trashed it and assaulted and killed law enforcement officers for pleasure. Because they felt like doing it. You need to own this Fonzee. You can't do a Lindsey Graham and step away from supporting Trump at the 11th hour.
Zico

Post by Zico »

fonzeee wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:45 am

You're a racist.