ex-POTUS DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

All things Rugby
User avatar
CrazyIslander
Posts: 20336
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by CrazyIslander »

Salient wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:23 am
Whatever wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:48 am
puku wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:52 am So Trump has come out swinging against the Northern Spotted Owl now by have his administration roll back protections against logging old growth areas in the Pacific Northwest. One more deregulation.

At least he's not launching attacks against Iran...
After previously opening Alaska's Tongass Forest to logging, and of course pulling out of the Paris Climate Agreement. What would be his motivation for doing this in the last few days of his presidency? A one man campaign to destroy the environment? A childish ploy to create more problems for Biden?

Just when I think I couldn't have any more contempt for him, not just as president but as a human being. Yet 74 million people voted for him. Wish the owl hating bastard and his scumbag family would become extinct.
You really don't understand politics do you, in simple terms 74 million people didn't vote for Trump, a huge majority of those folk voted for the Republican candidate, you could have put up a pumpkin and the pumpkin would have got those votes.
Not really. The election was a referendum on Trump. It wasn't an election where many were undecided IMO. Hence the record turn out. People really wanted to show their love/hate for him and Trumpism. Many Republicans campaigned and voted for Biden.
User avatar
DOB
Posts: 20009
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by DOB »

CrazyIslander wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:13 am
flaggETERNAL wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:00 am The Dems probably felt they had no choice but to go for impeachment but it's in their best interest really to allow Trump to stay in politics. Guy would tear the GOP apart.
Nah. Sure some may leave. But 75 million still voted for him after 4 years of fumbling his way through and 300k+ Covid deaths etc etc.
Well, I think a big part of that 75mil is “Really? 4 years of this shit and the best the Dems can come up with is Joe fcuking Biden? Oh well, at least Trump is putting up right wing justices.”

I’m quite sure that a significant portion of Trump votes in November are having buyer’s remorse and being quiet about it. A bigger proportion are in denial and being loud about it, unfortunately, but, well...
User avatar
CrazyIslander
Posts: 20336
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by CrazyIslander »

DOB wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:33 am
CrazyIslander wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:13 am
flaggETERNAL wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:00 am The Dems probably felt they had no choice but to go for impeachment but it's in their best interest really to allow Trump to stay in politics. Guy would tear the GOP apart.
Nah. Sure some may leave. But 75 million still voted for him after 4 years of fumbling his way through and 300k+ Covid deaths etc etc.
Well, I think a big part of that 75mil is “Really? 4 years of this shit and the best the Dems can come up with is Joe fcuking Biden? Oh well, at least Trump is putting up right wing justices.”

I’m quite sure that a significant portion of Trump votes in November are having buyer’s remorse and being quiet about it. A bigger proportion are in denial and being loud about it, unfortunately, but, well...
I think that's too much to hope for. I think Trump has only given voice to sentiments already shared by these people. These people were already unhappy with how things are going - immigration, multiculturalism, losing jobs overseas, Islam etc etc. There's also old wounds held by descendants of the Confederates. These people basically want to tear the place down and reverse everything to perhaps to pre civil rights movement. The nutjobs voted into congress reflects that. They're choosing fanatics over moderates.
User avatar
4071
Posts: 5471
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by 4071 »

Ted. wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:31 am
4071 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:38 pm
jambanja wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:14 pm
Gavin Duffy wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:17 pm Who's most likely to play trump in the fillum?
Alec Baldwin
The guy who played Biff Tannin in the Back to the Future movies.


Or an orange pillowcase stuffed with sausage meat with a crayon clown face drawn on it.
Image
:lol:

Fliddy!

We've found our man.
User avatar
BokJock
Posts: 5640
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:30 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by BokJock »

Kiwias wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:12 am
CanNZ2000 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:03 am
merry! wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:54 am
Gavin Duffy wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:44 am What's obamagate you freak?
come on, man...you know...the thing..
any minute now Trump's private investigators will release damning evidence of Obama's birth certificate being a fake too.
Nah, they're having too much fun living the good life in Hawaii.
They are in for a big surprise when they invoice Trump for their time
User avatar
BokJock
Posts: 5640
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:30 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by BokJock »

flaggETERNAL wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:01 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:45 am
feckwanker wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:40 am Mick - gone
Santa- gone
Derwyn- gone
Merry keeps a loney vigil on the deck of the SS Trump as she slowly slips beneath the waves.
You forgot the original Trump cultist on this forum, Seneca of the Night, is also gone. Not only was he Trump's most loyal cult member during his Presidential term, but he spent years prior to Trump coming into office desperately trying to convince us all this Obama was born in Africa, and thus not even eligible to be the President.
Sen was a deeply unpleasant person who only got a pass because he could be funny at times.
Let's just say he probably wouldn't have been to horrified by the 6MWNE shirts...
User avatar
BokJock
Posts: 5640
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:30 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by BokJock »

flaggETERNAL wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:35 am
Harveys wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:18 am
merry! wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:42 am https://twitter.com/worldwirenews3/stat ... 81120?s=21

buckle up. :)
:lol:

The crazy in the comments is frightening. :uhoh:

It's fcuking hilarious! The idea that grown ass adults believe this :lol:
But they do, just conversing with an ex-teammate and he is still convinced THEY stole the election.

Also, apparently Jayden X was the real leader of the rebellion.

And also, what about those thugs in the BLM movement. Pelosi should be impeached for hypocrisy etc etc...

EDIT: he has just heard the Obamagate news :lol:
Mick Mannock
Posts: 25573
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Mick Mannock »

BokJock wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:14 am
flaggETERNAL wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:35 am
Harveys wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:18 am
merry! wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:42 am https://twitter.com/worldwirenews3/stat ... 81120?s=21

buckle up. :)
:lol:

The crazy in the comments is frightening. :uhoh:

It's fcuking hilarious! The idea that grown ass adults believe this :lol:
But they do, just conversing with an ex-teammate and he is still convinced THEY stole the election.

Also, apparently Jayden X was the real leader of the rebellion.

And also, what about those thugs in the BLM movement. Pelosi should be impeached for hypocrisy etc etc...

EDIT: he has just heard the Obamagate news :lol:
I did write that Sullivan was likely to be arrested. He has been.

No idea if he is the leader. Nor do you.
User avatar
BokJock
Posts: 5640
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:30 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by BokJock »

Let me help you, their leader is Donald Trump.

Surprised you haven't heard of him, he is quite famous
User avatar
MungoMan
Posts: 14107
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Coalfalls

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by MungoMan »

Mick Mannock wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:47 am
BokJock wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:14 am
flaggETERNAL wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:35 am
Harveys wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:18 am
merry! wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:42 am https://twitter.com/worldwirenews3/stat ... 81120?s=21

buckle up. :)
:lol:

The crazy in the comments is frightening. :uhoh:

It's fcuking hilarious! The idea that grown ass adults believe this :lol:
But they do, just conversing with an ex-teammate and he is still convinced THEY stole the election.

Also, apparently Jayden X was the real leader of the rebellion.

And also, what about those thugs in the BLM movement. Pelosi should be impeached for hypocrisy etc etc...

EDIT: he has just heard the Obamagate news :lol:
I did write that Sullivan was likely to be arrested. He has been.

No idea if he is the leader. Nor do you.
Whatever happened to the days way back, when the world was safe

And it seemed worth saving,

We search for leaders on our hands and knees

But don’t ask Michael, ‘cos he’s still crazy!

I said: “don’t waste time. these are the best years of our lives,”

I said: “don’t waste time, these are the best years of our lives.”
User avatar
4071
Posts: 5471
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by 4071 »

BokJock wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:14 am
flaggETERNAL wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:35 am
Harveys wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:18 am
merry! wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:42 am https://twitter.com/worldwirenews3/stat ... 81120?s=21

buckle up. :)
:lol:

The crazy in the comments is frightening. :uhoh:

It's fcuking hilarious! The idea that grown ass adults believe this :lol:
But they do, just conversing with an ex-teammate and he is still convinced THEY stole the election.

Also, apparently Jayden X was the real leader of the rebellion.

And also, what about those thugs in the BLM movement. Pelosi should be impeached for hypocrisy etc etc...

EDIT: he has just heard the Obamagate news :lol:
You know, the one advantage of having mick on the forum was that you didn't have to go far to find out about the latest right-wing talking point, conspiracy theory or general fuckwittery.

He would be there, wallowing about in the stupider parts of the internet on our behalf, and then coming back here proudly presenting whatever dumb shit the right have decided to tell themselves this time.

He was a useful shit-miner.
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 31489
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Ali's Choice »

A question for American based posters.

Trump won the 2016 election based on promises to improve life for the poor, white rust-belt Americans who swung to him.

Would you say that the lives of poor, white Americans has tangibly improved over the last 4 years? And if so, can you please provide some detail?
ukjim
Posts: 2159
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by ukjim »

Ali's Choice wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:40 am And if so, can you please provide some detail?
Libs got owned or something...
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 31489
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Ali's Choice »

Interesting read.

According to this article Donald Trump is now completely pre-occupied with managing his legal challenges and affairs once he leaves office. Apparently there is a very long line of legal matters that will require his attention.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/14/poli ... index.html
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 41606
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Ali's Choice wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:48 am Interesting read.

According to this article Donald Trump is now completely pre-occupied with managing his legal challenges and affairs once he leaves office. Apparently there is a very long line of legal matters that will require his attention.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/14/poli ... index.html
Nixon resigned because he knew the senate were going to vote to convict. Looking at what Trump has got away with I wonder would the GOP vote against him if the circumstances were the same today.
User avatar
PCPhil
Posts: 2850
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:19 pm
Location: Capital of Mercia

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by PCPhil »

Ali's Choice wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:48 am Interesting read.

According to this article Donald Trump is now completely pre-occupied with managing his legal challenges and affairs once he leaves office. Apparently there is a very long line of legal matters that will require his attention.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/14/poli ... index.html
I say we should have a whip-round for him. I’ve got some old Italian lira hanging about somewhere.
Flyin Ryan
Posts: 10930
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Indiana

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Flyin Ryan »

CrazyIslander wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:13 am
flaggETERNAL wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:00 am The Dems probably felt they had no choice but to go for impeachment but it's in their best interest really to allow Trump to stay in politics. Guy would tear the GOP apart.
Nah. Sure some may leave. But 75 million still voted for him after 4 years of fumbling his way through and 300k+ Covid deaths etc etc.
Biden could see no improvement in Covid deaths, destroy the economy, curtail civil liberties on internet free speech, lose a war to China, and if he ran in 2024 would still receive the vast majority of votes he received this election because those people might not be happy with him but won't vote for a Republican.
User avatar
RodneyRegis
Posts: 16116
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by RodneyRegis »

Last edited by RodneyRegis on Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Gavin Duffy
Posts: 16876
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Gavin Duffy »

You're going down a mick shaped rabbit hole?
User avatar
EverReady
Posts: 36161
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by EverReady »

One video journalist twat definitely dilutes all the other Trump/Q/Russian lackeys types. Why am I not surprised another English Russian lackey is getting excited by it
User avatar
Gavin Duffy
Posts: 16876
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Gavin Duffy »

EverReady wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:42 pm
One video journalist twat definitely dilutes all the other Trump/Q/Russian lackeys types. Why am I not surprised another English Russian lackey is getting excited by it
This maajid nawaz chap seems to have some odd views
In January 2021 Nawaz signed an open letter to the FBI and other Western Intelligence agencies asking them to investigate the possibility that COVID-19 lockdowns were a "global fraud" promulgated by the Chinese Communist Party intended to "impoverish the nations" that implemented them
Mick Mannock
Posts: 25573
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Mick Mannock »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:36 pm
You're going down a mick shaped rabbit hole?
Jayden X / John Sullivan has been arrested.

On the 10th I posted a link to his full video and his "affiliations"

This is not a rabbit hole. He was there. He filmed it. He can be heard inciting people. He is not a Trump supporter.

Maajid Nawaz is one of the few journalists taking an interest in seeking truth. He is smeared for doing so.
User avatar
EverReady
Posts: 36161
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by EverReady »

Mick is on it Gav. I think we all see what really happened here. Micks right wing affiliates are so fücking stupid one single black guy managed to lead them into the Capitol and cause chaos. They all need their car keys taken off them
User avatar
UncleFB
Posts: 13660
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by UncleFB »

4071 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:26 am
BokJock wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:14 am
flaggETERNAL wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:35 am
Harveys wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:18 am
merry! wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:42 am https://twitter.com/worldwirenews3/stat ... 81120?s=21

buckle up. :)
:lol:

The crazy in the comments is frightening. :uhoh:

It's fcuking hilarious! The idea that grown ass adults believe this :lol:
But they do, just conversing with an ex-teammate and he is still convinced THEY stole the election.

Also, apparently Jayden X was the real leader of the rebellion.

And also, what about those thugs in the BLM movement. Pelosi should be impeached for hypocrisy etc etc...

EDIT: he has just heard the Obamagate news :lol:
You know, the one advantage of having mick on the forum was that you didn't have to go far to find out about the latest right-wing talking point, conspiracy theory or general fuckwittery.

He would be there, wallowing about in the stupider parts of the internet on our behalf, and then coming back here proudly presenting whatever dumb shit the right have decided to tell themselves this time.

He was a useful shit-miner.
Nice one dude, you candymanned Mick back. :lol:
User avatar
CrazyIslander
Posts: 20336
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by CrazyIslander »

Flyin Ryan wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:18 pm
CrazyIslander wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:13 am
flaggETERNAL wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:00 am The Dems probably felt they had no choice but to go for impeachment but it's in their best interest really to allow Trump to stay in politics. Guy would tear the GOP apart.
Nah. Sure some may leave. But 75 million still voted for him after 4 years of fumbling his way through and 300k+ Covid deaths etc etc.
Biden could see no improvement in Covid deaths, destroy the economy, curtail civil liberties on internet free speech, lose a war to China, and if he ran in 2024 would still receive the vast majority of votes he received this election because those people might not be happy with him but won't vote for a Republican.
The dam has broken on Covid deaths. Trump needed to nip it in the bud nearly a year ago like Obama did with the ebola outbreak. Biden is just there limit the damage and clean up. It was Trump's response that was the problem. He actively tried to mislead the people on it and opposed the experts.

War with China on trade? Don't know what anyone can do about it tbh. Unless they put up tarriffs on Chinese imports.

Republicans are the minority. They suppress Democrat voters who are the majority.
User avatar
RodneyRegis
Posts: 16116
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by RodneyRegis »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:36 pm
You're going down a mick shaped rabbit hole?
It's not really a rabbit hole. It's hardly a massive amount of work to find solid evidence of Antifa involvement.
User avatar
Whatever
Posts: 1243
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Rockyville, Merryland

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Whatever »

Salient wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:23 am
Whatever wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:48 am
puku wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:52 am So Trump has come out swinging against the Northern Spotted Owl now by have his administration roll back protections against logging old growth areas in the Pacific Northwest. One more deregulation.

At least he's not launching attacks against Iran...
After previously opening Alaska's Tongass Forest to logging, and of course pulling out of the Paris Climate Agreement. What would be his motivation for doing this in the last few days of his presidency? A one man campaign to destroy the environment? A childish ploy to create more problems for Biden?

Just when I think I couldn't have any more contempt for him, not just as president but as a human being. Yet 74 million people voted for him. Wish the owl hating bastard and his scumbag family would become extinct.
You really don't understand politics do you, in simple terms 74 million people didn't vote for Trump, a huge majority of those folk voted for the Republican candidate, you could have put up a pumpkin and the pumpkin would have got those votes.
Oh no, I understand the politics here in the US where I live just fine, especially as I talk with people who vote here; don't need any observations from afar. My point, which I thought was clear, is that Trump's name is on the ballot and 74 million voted for him. A large number vote specifically for Trump, many/most vote Republican (incl one-issue voters like anti-abortion) or simply vote against the Dems, but they still voted to re-elect this individual despite what they had seen during the last 4 years. Many 'true' Republicans refused to vote for Trump this time but he still got 74 million, and that is staggering.
Last edited by Whatever on Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
RodneyRegis
Posts: 16116
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by RodneyRegis »

EverReady wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:04 pm Mick is on it Gav. I think we all see what really happened here. Micks right wing affiliates are so fücking stupid one single black guy managed to lead them into the Capitol and cause chaos. They all need their car keys taken off them
There were how many people there? And how many do you think actually got into the building?
Mick Mannock
Posts: 25573
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Mick Mannock »

RodneyRegis wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:28 pm
Gavin Duffy wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:36 pm
You're going down a mick shaped rabbit hole?
It's not really a rabbit hole. It's hardly a massive amount of work to find solid evidence of Antifa involvement.
Not evidence unless tested in court, you absolute mega-Nazi
User avatar
RodneyRegis
Posts: 16116
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by RodneyRegis »

RodneyRegis wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:28 pm
Gavin Duffy wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:36 pm
You're going down a mick shaped rabbit hole?
It's not really a rabbit hole. It's hardly a massive amount of work to find solid evidence of Antifa involvement.
"Rabbit hole"

https://www.justice.gov/opa/page/file/1354781/download

I'm sure this guy was acting alone, and Antifa/BLM/CNN have distanced themselves from his actions.
Mick Mannock
Posts: 25573
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Mick Mannock »

Mick Mannock wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:58 am Some video of the disgraceful scenes on the 6th.

And I do think them disgraceful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfiS8Ms ... 1610266578

The "journalist" John Sullivan - AKA Jayden X - is remarkably vocal for someone just there to document.

This is his channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfXh9p ... VCo2F52Z-A

He might be going to jail.
Yup.
User avatar
merry!
Posts: 7568
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: emmerdale

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by merry! »

feckwanker wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:40 am Mick - gone
Santa- gone
Derwyn- gone
Merry keeps a loney vigil on the deck of the SS Trump as she slowly slips beneath the waves.
the war against the deep state has been going since 1485.

never surrender! :P
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 41606
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Mick Mannock wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:41 pm
Mick Mannock wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:58 am Some video of the disgraceful scenes on the 6th.

And I do think them disgraceful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfiS8Ms ... 1610266578

The "journalist" John Sullivan - AKA Jayden X - is remarkably vocal for someone just there to document.

This is his channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfXh9p ... VCo2F52Z-A

He might be going to jail.
Yup.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Trump
User avatar
koroke hangareka
Posts: 3158
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by koroke hangareka »

RodneyRegis wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:30 pm
EverReady wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:04 pm Mick is on it Gav. I think we all see what really happened here. Micks right wing affiliates are so fücking stupid one single black guy managed to lead them into the Capitol and cause chaos. They all need their car keys taken off them
There were how many people there? And how many do you think actually got into the building?
And how many were Antifa and how many were bona fide Trump supporters?
Mick Mannock
Posts: 25573
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Mick Mannock »

merry! wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:45 pm
feckwanker wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:40 am Mick - gone
Santa- gone
Derwyn- gone
Merry keeps a loney vigil on the deck of the SS Trump as she slowly slips beneath the waves.
the war against the deep state has been going since 1485.

never surrender! :P
I agree.

Best not to get into arguments with those who seem to thrive on it.

Take a few days off just to watch them. Have a laugh at their weirdness, but never forget that they are dangerous authoritarians
User avatar
BokJock
Posts: 5640
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:30 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by BokJock »

I would happily support the arrest of the leader of Antifa for the crime of sedition, based on what his/her follower is alleged to have got up to on the 6th.
User avatar
merry!
Posts: 7568
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: emmerdale

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by merry! »

Mick Mannock wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:48 pm
merry! wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:45 pm
feckwanker wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:40 am Mick - gone
Santa- gone
Derwyn- gone
Merry keeps a loney vigil on the deck of the SS Trump as she slowly slips beneath the waves.
the war against the deep state has been going since 1485.

never surrender! :P
I agree.

Best not to get into arguments with those who seem to thrive on it.

Take a few days off just to watch them. Have a laugh at their weirdness, but never forget that they are dangerous authoritarians
yup, i take a few days off every so often, then lob in a grenade or two and watch their gymnastics.

olga korbut would be proud.
User avatar
message #2527204
Posts: 13976
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Ultracrepidaria

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by message #2527204 »

BokJock wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:56 pm I would happily support the arrest of the leader of Antifa for the crime of sedition, based on what his/her follower is alleged to have got up to on the 6th.
Who's the leader of Antifa?
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 41606
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Anonymous 1 »

merry! wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:56 pm
yup, i take a few days off every so often, then lob in a grenade or two and watch their gymnastics.

olga korbut would be proud.
That is so funny. What you think are grenades everyone else just laughs at. Your boy has just been losing day after day for months. It's great to see business dropping Trump like a stone in recent days. You probably see that as winning
:lol:
Flyin Ryan
Posts: 10930
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Indiana

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Flyin Ryan »

Flyin Ryan wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:42 am
towny wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:20 am
Flyin Ryan wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:51 pm
TheFrog wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:47 pm

There should be a law that makes people accountable for their lies.
Well, online anonymity has to disappear then.

Online freedoms are going to be clamped down on and restricted in the aftermath of this. It's inevitable, and it's not just going to be the bad ones that will apply to. Senate Democrats signaled that way and Republicans before this were wanting digital media reform anyway (just a different type of reform). Already read a thing this morning the EU Parliament acted in this sphere.
The EU reforms are awful. They achieved none of the actual outcomes they were after and effectively made the problems they were trying to fix work.

If you outlaw ‘lying’ then you are going against the 1st Amendment - now the government can arrest you for what you say. Freedom of speech is dead - now only speech that is ‘true’ is free.
So who becomes the arbiter of what is true? The Trump appointed judges? Trump himself? Do we set up a Truth Commission or perhaps a Council of Public Safety? Is it Mark Zuckerberg and Jack Dorsey that decides?

Truth isn’t clear cut. What are things that all people can agree is true? Man walked on the moon? The earth is round? The theory of evolution? Jesus is lord? Trump incited a riot?

In reality, truth is usually subjective. Sometimes it comes down to different viewpoints seeing a ‘fact’ very differently. It’s a slippery slope.

Do you want ‘lying’ to be a crime when Donald Trump gets to decide what is true?
Was thinking about this this evening. If misinformation should be removed by platforms, all these things and people that post them should in theory be forcibly removed to remain logically consistent:

-9/11 Truthers
-we never landed on the moon people
-pretty much all JFK conspiracy theorists
-everyone that disputed the 2000 and 2004 elections in the U.S.
I found 2 perfect test cases for this, the first is more perfect than the 2nd.

"Loose Change" documentary on how 9/11 was an inside job - yes or no, should this be deleted from YouTube?

the film "JFK" - Oliver Stone has an individual in the film say Vice President Lyndon Johnson was part of a deep state plot to assassinate Kennedy, what should happen to this film? Stone can in theory hide behind theatrical license but this "based on a true story" film aids a real conspiracy that people think

9/11 and JFK are probably the 2 closest parallels to the situation of today and how though they are in the past affect things negatively. 9/11 Truthers through shaping a vision of government that it could get away with a plot murdering thousands of people in order to pass legislation or get a war they wanted. It's not a far stretch of the mind's rationale to jump from "the Bush administration did 9/11" to "the deep state stole this election". JFK even though we're 58 years on, once you think the state can assassinate its democratically-elected leader and get away with it, you can believe anything you're told the state does, like steal an election.
Last edited by Flyin Ryan on Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Post Reply