Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:52 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2524, 2525, 2526, 2527, 2528, 2529, 2530 ... 2835  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:47 pm 

Because Paul Ryan was a spineless twat

Because the turtle is simply an awful awful human being

And because Trump has photos of Lyndsay

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:38 pm 

Santa wrote:
NYT saying its a CIA agent. :lol: This is quite the story.

WH probably knows who it is. Its a small Venn diagram of people who’d have access to the mem con, have any involvement with Ukraine and attended any of the 2 meetings on it. Probably the he source of the leak to the nyt.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:01 pm 

Saint wrote:
Seneca of the Night wrote:
Saint wrote:
paddyor wrote:

Key word is IF, but even at that Trump is going to have to work hard to convince them.

In that sense it's irrelevant. From the perspective of a large chunk of the US electorate (and the entirity of the Trump voting electorate) any vote against Donny is just more proof that the system is out to get then. So, even with conclusive proof the likelihood ia that the Senate won't convict - and even if somehow you did get the supermajority that would just be more proof that they're put to get him.

There are precisely zero scenarios that Donnt doesn't pick up 35-40% at the next election as a minimum. Maybe if he's actually in jail he might only get 25%

35% in jail.

Nah, he'll lose at least 5% fir being in jail. Might lick up a couple of points fro.druggiez who recognise one of their own tjough

I'm not entirely convinced.

The BBC were doing a straw poll in Pittsburg this evening, and close on everybody they asked (I think there was a youngish girl in sunglasses who bucked the trend) was adamant that it was a set up and Trump was innocent. And that included two black women.

Alright, it WAS Pittsburg, but still...

And that's the issue for me: you can't rely on the American electorate to do the sensible thing. Trying to impeach Trump could backfire and swing voters in his favour. For me it's cast iron. Trump has admitted asking Zelensky to investigate his prospective opponent in the Presidential election (even boasted about it) and soliciting a foreign Government to assist you in elections in the US is illegal.

Having said that, one thing that's become very clear over the last three years is that the laws do not apply to the POTUS.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:53 pm 

Schiff is a very weird dude: https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status ... 63713?s=19

He basically just makes up his own version of the transcript. He's not the full quid.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:03 pm 

Trying too hard Sen

This is Superbad for your boy.

Ingraham struggling to help, the Friends struggling to help.

So many deflections being thrown around, even your beta attempted some weird thesis on the inner workings has of human communication.

Rudy is f**king losing it - he called himself “just a country lawyer”

Senate will be pussies though and he will probably survive

It is entertaining as fudge though

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:15 pm 

saffer13 wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
The taflon Don may have met his match this time.

This time. Not the last few times, but this time...must be it. :nod:

You think must or are you just being a tosser. Just asked as it's not what I said.

BTW

Are you still pretending not to be a supporter ?

There are no "supporters" in this mess. Of the two, I will vote republican so by default I guess that makes me a Trump supporter right. Impossible to vote republican and not be default be voting for him. Either Repub or independent I guess would be my vote. Make of it what you will.

What would it take for you not to vote Trump? Anything? Anything at all? Are you Americans that tribal? And there's no guess about it. You are a Trump supporter. You just aren't courageous enough to be proud of it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:20 pm 

Mr Mike, is what is being talked about here case dependent or the Original OLC ruling?

https://twitter.com/bradheath/status/1177341624826892296?s=21

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:21 pm 

Giuliani is all over the shop....he can hear the bus coming me thinks.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:43 am 

The last administration meddled in Libya, killed their leader & left a power vacuum that facilitated a 21st century slave trade. If you’re mad at a phone call because the TV told you to be, impeach yourself.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:17 am 

paddyor wrote:
Santa wrote:

WH probably knows who it is. Its a small Venn diagram of people who’d have access to the mem con, have any involvement with Ukraine and attended any of the 2 meetings on it. Probably the he source of the leak to the nyt.

The whistleblower did not attend the meetings or witness any of the alleged behaviour themselves.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:17 am 

Seneca of the Night wrote:
Schiff is a very weird dude: https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status ... 63713?s=19

He basically just makes up his own version of the transcript. He's not the full quid.

That is excruciating and strange behaviour. Totally baffling.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:29 am 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:04 am 

flaggETERNAL wrote:
What would it take for you not to vote Trump? Anything? Anything at all? Are you Americans that tribal? And there's no guess about it. You are a Trump supporter. You just aren't courageous enough to be proud of it.

He's conservative. He can either sit out or vote Republican. It would be unreasonable to expect him (or the rest of the ~45% of the electorate that votes conservative) to punch a ballot for Elizabeth Warren or Bernie Sanders.

I'll most likely be sitting out the next one anyway. Though I probably deserve to lose my registration after voting for Clinton. If Bernie gets the nomination I might show up for the fun of it.

Who the fudge still wants to vote Democrat after the last three years? I honestly can't believe you people are still glued to this nonsense. But as the impeachment movement proves so vividly, there are vast numbers of people that have no f**king clue how tiring all of this shit has been. Seriously, how out of touch are the Democrats to think anybody wants more of this?

I pray this is just a gambit to tank Joe, as it's preferable to the realization that one of our two major parties is really this myopic.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:26 am 

Santa wrote:
paddyor wrote:
Santa wrote:

The whistleblower did not attend the meetings or witness any of the alleged behaviour themselves.

alleged :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:56 am 

Santa wrote:
Communication is probabilistic. In my theory there are 5 main steps involved in spoken comunication:
1. Ordering the mind to give a coherent message
2. Translating what is in the mind into the right words
3. Saying those words
4. The listener hearing all of the words
5. The listener understanding all of the words in the same way as the communicator meant them

At any point there might be a breakdown in one or more steps such that what the communicator intends to communicate is actually miscommunicated or misunderstood.

Even writing this will be to much for some on here to understand.

:lol:

jaysus, desperate times call for desperate men...

Last edited by Taranaki Snapper on Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:14 am 

fonzeee wrote:
flaggETERNAL wrote:

He's conservative. He can either sit out or vote Republican. It would be unreasonable to expect him (or the rest of the ~45% of the electorate that votes conservative) to punch a ballot for Elizabeth Warren or Bernie Sanders.

I'll most likely be sitting out the next one anyway. Though I probably deserve to lose my registration after voting for Clinton. If Bernie gets the nomination I might show up for the fun of it.

Who the fudge still wants to vote Democrat after the last three years? I honestly can't believe you people are still glued to this nonsense. But as the impeachment movement proves so vividly, there are vast numbers of people that have no f**king clue how tiring all of this shit has been. Seriously, how out of touch are the Democrats to think anybody wants more of this?

I pray this is just a gambit to tank Joe, as it's preferable to the realization that one of our two major parties is really this myopic.

Wow, Just WOW

The GOP must love voters like you.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:30 am 

nothing wrong here. No sireee!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:41 am 

Kiwias wrote:
fonzeee wrote:
flaggETERNAL wrote:

Wow, Just WOW

Don't worry, I'm in one of the ~40 states whose vote is already decided. So thankfully I've been saved from having to think about which of the two parties actually cares more about the country.

Just think about the sheer amount of energy, the manhours, that have been expended over the last few years to remove this guy from office, both within and without the Democratic party. FFS we invaded and partially destroyed a f**king country with less thought.

The way you spend your time reveals what you care about. The Dems have made it clear what they prioritize.

Last edited by fonzeee on Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:43 am 

fonzeee wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
fonzeee wrote:
flaggETERNAL wrote:

Wow, Just WOW

Don't worry, I'm in one of the ~40 states whose vote is already decided. So thankfully I've been saved from having to think about which of the two parties actually cares more about the country.

Just think about the sheer amount of energy, the manhours, that have been expended over the last few years to remove this guy from office, both within and without the Democratic party. FFS we invaded and partially destroyed a f**king country with less thought.

So how do you go about getting rid of a mentally unstable dangerous lunatic like Trump? Rely solely on the ballot box?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:03 am 

Kiwias wrote:
So how do you go about getting rid of a mentally unstable dangerous lunatic like Trump? Rely solely on the ballot box?

I don't really give a shit about removing him; he is not the problem. Let's be honest, has the man on the street's life been changed anymore in the past two and a half years than during Obama's eight (as a result of the actions of the president)? No. Of course that shouldn't be surprising as the president (or at least two as weak as those two) has little ability to change anything or influence the parties that actually could.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:06 am 

fonzeee wrote:
flaggETERNAL wrote:

Not sure why you're having a go at me? If saffer13 will vote for the GOP solely because they're conservatives likee him and for no other reason that's kinda sad.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:10 am 

flaggETERNAL wrote:
Not sure why you're having a go at me? If saffer13 will vote for the GOP solely because they're conservatives likee him and for no other reason that's kinda sad.

Sorry if it reads that way, wasn't having a go at you at all. Only really addressing you in the first paragraph actually.

The "you people" is just the thread regulars generally. No idea if you're one as I've pretty much migrated to the Dem Nom thread for my political talk. I think this thread is actually still my "most posted" though according to my profile.

Last edited by fonzeee on Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:13 am 

fonzeee wrote:
Kiwias wrote:

I don't really give a shit about removing him; he is not the problem. Let's be honest, has the man on the street's life been changed anymore in the past two and a half years than during Obama's eight (as a result of the actions of the president)? No. Of course that shouldn't be surprising as the president (or at least two as weak as those two) has little ability to change anything or influence the parties that actually could.

The answer is different to what you think. but then again there has been a concerted effort to keep you dumb enough to not notice.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:16 am 

Yeah Fonz some guy on the other side of the world knows more about what’s happening here than you do. Listen to him.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:16 am 

Sprig wrote:
fonzeee wrote:
Kiwias wrote:

The answer is different to what you think. but then again there has been a concerted effort to keep you dumb enough to not notice.

Look, I don't like playing this card, but:

Quote:

And that's not Boston, Lincolnshire.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:21 am 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:28 am 

Bowens wrote:
Yeah Fonz some guy on the other side of the world knows more about what’s happening here than you do. Listen to him.

"but i can reed the newz from here too"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:35 am 

fonzeee wrote:
Bowens wrote:

But you can't smell the coffee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:43 am 

Jimmy Dore and Aaron Mate do a good job of breaking this whole thing down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1BsWtp1d6w

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:53 am 

flaggETERNAL wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
saffer13 wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
The taflon Don may have met his match this time.

This time. Not the last few times, but this time...must be it. :nod:

You think must or are you just being a tosser. Just asked as it's not what I said.

BTW

Are you still pretending not to be a supporter ?

There are no "supporters" in this mess. Of the two, I will vote republican so by default I guess that makes me a Trump supporter right. Impossible to vote republican and not be default be voting for him. Either Repub or independent I guess would be my vote. Make of it what you will.

Just as an aside, Saffer was boasting about how much money Trump had raised for his 2020 campaign a few thousand pages or so back. I asked him if he had contributed and, although he denied it, I didn't find his denial convincing. :blush:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:10 am 

Anonymous. wrote:
fonzeee wrote:
Bowens wrote:

I wonder how they dismiss the fact the around half the US electorate agrees with someone from Wellington?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:11 am 

Fat Old Git wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
fonzeee wrote:
Bowens wrote:

I wonder how they dismiss the fact the around half the US electorate agrees with someone from Wellington?

If you have an opinion on US politics half of the electorate agrees with you. It's not that impressive.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:13 am 

Dismissing an opinion based on location would seem a bit silly then.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:17 am 

fonzeee wrote:
flaggETERNAL wrote:

Yes, I think that sort of attitude was borne out by the BBC in Pittsburg last night.

I can see how debilitating this might be, but it does seem a little bizarre to blame Trump's behaviour on the Democrats. I think they've been forced to act against him by repeated transgression; almost as if he is daring them or actively seeking a reaction from them.

Pelosi's reluctance has been pretty obvious, but the danger is that future Presidents will feel emboldened by Trump's disregard of congressional restraint and even push it further. The Democrats (well, the other branches of the Executive but, realistically, it's just the Democrats) either have to hold the President to account or allow the power to be concentrated in the President and lose the ability to contain him from doing anything he wants. We have pretty much established that he is above the law.

Can you imagine, for example, if Lindsey Graham were to run and be elected? He could virtually do what he wanted with that power. At least Trump is too dumb to be able to use it effectively; anyone with a little intelligence could establish a real dictatorship.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:23 am 

Fat Old Git wrote:

As if their agreement has anything to do with the veracity of the opinion...

But no, good point, location would lend no insight into the experience of the average "man on the street". How could I possibly have a more thorough understanding of the place I actually live than someone in the South Pacific?

FFS

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:42 am 

fonzeee wrote:
Kiwias wrote:

I suppose that is apposite.

Trump's assault on laws which regulate business and protect the environment is obviously good for business and one cannot say that there have been any obvious ill-effects from his various Trade Wars.

And this is important for the man in the street.

However, I don't think things are quite as rosy as they appear. For one thing, the debt has ballooned and that has to be paid back at some point, right? the smart man doesn't ignore his maxed out credit cards when calculating his wealth, does he? Also, Obama's laws put in place to prevent a repeat of 2008 have been or are being repealed, which, again, is good for business, but exposes the economy to risk*.

The point I am making is that, while the currently stable economy might be a good reason for voting for Trump, I'm not sure it's all positive.

*Just to disclaim that I'm not an economics expert and am open to correction on this.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:43 am 

fonzeee wrote:
Fat Old Git wrote:

But no, good point, location would lend no insight into the experience of the average "man on the street". How could I possibly have a more thorough understanding of the place I actually live than someone in the South Pacific?

FFS

That wasn't the arguement though.

What by the way is the average man on the street? And why would we give your opinion more weight on their experience than others also living in the US who disagree with your view on their experience?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:58 am 

Fat Old Git wrote:
fonzeee wrote:
Fat Old Git wrote:

FFS

That wasn't the arguement though.

What by the way is the average man on the street? And why would we give your opinion more weight on their experience than others also living in the US who disagree with your view on their experience?

What was the argument? I said the man on the street's experience hasn't changed in Trump's term anymore than Obama's, he said "wrong". If you want to say anecdotal (as if it's really that f**king hard to believe), fine, but do you have even any "big picture" statistical counter evidence? Even the WaPo is iffy on that. Shall I even bother asking if he has any personal experiences to back this up, however brief?

You don't have to believe a single thing I say. But you could also use your brain and ask yourself if, considering the negligible measurable differences between Obama's term and Trump's (some favoring Trump's anyways, it would seem from the link), it is reasonable to believe that not only have Americans' lives changed, and not only for the worst, but also because of the actions of the President (as I originally said)?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:59 am 

fonzeee wrote:
Fat Old Git wrote:

FFS

Your point is a good one, namely that, although the rest of the World may have an opinion, but they are not entitled to vote so they need to be aware of the opinions of those who are.

We can all read the news and follow developments on Capitol Hill, but it's difficult to get a feeling of the mood of the electorate from distance.

From our perspective, we can see the danger, not only to your democracy, but to your standing in the World as your President continues to isolate you from your allies and cosy up to your enemies.

And this does impact us if the Country which is the leader of the 'Free World' retreats into it's shell and isolates itself.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:03 am 

fonzeee wrote:
Fat Old Git wrote:

FFS

Fallacious, much. :?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2524, 2525, 2526, 2527, 2528, 2529, 2530 ... 2835  Next