Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:06 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2572, 2573, 2574, 2575, 2576, 2577, 2578 ... 2681  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:51 pm 

BokJock wrote:
Laura Ingraham is just like Hannity.

I genuinely can’t think of a worse insult

She's certainly special. At the risk of being sexist, there's a certain kind of woman attracted to Trump. It manifests in the hair. Perhaps it's the hair, reaching out...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:58 pm 

Rinkals wrote:
Blake wrote:
6.Jones wrote:
In 2015, Bill Gates warned that the greatest risk to humanity was not nuclear war but an infectious virus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Af6b_wyiwI

Now he's being targeted by Laura Ingraham and Infowars et al as the author of the virus.

Quote:
The idea spread. From February to April, conspiracy theories involving Mr. Gates and the virus were mentioned 1.2 million times on social media and television broadcasts, according to Zignal Labs. That was 33 percent more often, it said, than the next-largest conspiracy theory: that 5G radio waves cause people to succumb to Covid-19.

Infowars said he had a patent for the virus, based on a patent for sequencing a different coronavirus [because...coronavirus]. Now Gates is going to make up some of the shortfall of WHO funding.

Funny old world.

Found this analysis by 'n data scientist on Twitter quite interesting:
https://twitter.com/conspirator0/status ... 9266492416
(it's a multi-post thread)

It is a great visualization of the re-enforcing conspiracy web/bubble these folks are stuck in. Not something that we didn't know, just an interesting way of showing it using Twitter data.

I see from that, that, not only is Gates secretly promoting the virus in order to become wealthy on the back of a cure, but that Fauci is in his pay to pursue an agenda to cripple the US economy.

Makes perfect sense!

It's definitely true. My brother is CEO of the Gates Foundation and its a fact that sometime around 1979 he spat in my spaghetti when he had a cold.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:48 pm 

Anonymous. wrote:
fonzeee wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
What I find really odd is the amount of Americans who think he's doing an excellent job.

Goey was suggesting on the Virus thread that Trump has been better than a lot of Western Leaders, although he claims not to be a supporter. I cannot think of a single Western Nation that has been as badly served by it's leaders.

I don't think any Americans on this forum, or anyone aside from the MAGAs in real life, think he's doing an "excellent" job. But most think he's been fine; even puku who's pretty well established that he loathes Trump argued that he deserved to be in the "mediocre" bracket on Groucho's "world leaders leaderboard" thread (though that was a few weeks ago, perhaps he's changed his mind?).

Not great, not bad, but fine. But then again the Bored Yanks are not nearly as concerned with press briefings and tweets as everyone else here.

Once again though, the relevant response measures are mostly powers that belong to the states.

Are you just on about the economy and don't care about anything else because when it comes to setting the tone for racist bigotry he is right up there and that makes him a shit president. Unless that is you are OK with that or not care for him to be mediocre

This is your president
https://youtu.be/bMZnemqsCdI?t=2

Harsh, but fair.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:53 pm 

Without knocking anyone, I'd like to say a few words in defence of our American poster friends

It must be tough having everyone take free swings at your country. A few jibes would be Ok but I know I'd crack the shits after a while

Yes, Trump isn't 'America' but it must feel like it when everyone is going for it, every day

None of this is meant to excuse Trump who really is a bit of a cock in truth, but it's more of a shout-out to our rugby family of Yanks.

:thumbup:

Peace.

(Phraseology shamelessly stolen from the genius that is Randy Newman. Watch.. https://youtu.be/E0EAwSpTcM4)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:10 pm 

shanky wrote:
Without knocking anyone, I'd like to say a few words in defence of our American poster friends

It must be tough having everyone take free swings at your country. A few jibes would be Ok but I know I'd crack the shits after a while

Yes, Trump isn't 'America' but it must feel like it when everyone is going for it, every day

None of this is meant to excuse Trump who really is a bit of a cock in truth, but it's more of a shout-out to our rugby family of Yanks.

Peace.

(Phraseology shamelessly stolen from the genius that is Randy Newman. Watch.. https://youtu.be/E0EAwSpTcM4)
Apologist.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:10 pm 

ticketlessinseattle wrote:
fonzeee wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
What I find really odd is the amount of Americans who think he's doing an excellent job.

Goey was suggesting on the Virus thread that Trump has been better than a lot of Western Leaders, although he claims not to be a supporter. I cannot think of a single Western Nation that has been as badly served by it's leaders.

I don't think any Americans on this forum, or anyone aside from the MAGAs in real life, think he's doing an "excellent" job. But most think he's been fine; even puku who's pretty well established that he loathes Trump argued that he deserved to be in the "mediocre" bracket on Groucho's "world leaders leaderboard" thread (though that was a few weeks ago, perhaps he's changed his mind?).

Not great, not bad, but fine. But then again the Bored Yanks are not nearly as concerned with press briefings and tweets as everyone else here.

Once again though, the relevant response measures are mostly powers that belong to the states.

mediocre with one third of the worlds case ?

Currently 40% of the world's active cases.

The WHO and Obama clearly have a lot to answer for....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:18 pm 

Mr Mike wrote:
shanky wrote:

Peace.

Apologist.

Mute point surely. The goodwill didn't extend to frightful and probable gangbanger illegals, like you.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:47 pm 

shanky wrote:

Peace.

Yes.

That's what I would have thought.

TBH, I half-hoped he'd win in 2016 just for the lutz.

But it really has been beyond a joke now and it is no longer amusing (if it ever was). Tump is totally cringemaking and the daily reports of his stupidity have long since reached the point where surely most people would feel acute embarrassment at being represented by him at any level.

Which is why the prospect of him winning another 4 years is absolutely appalling.

I'm not American (obviously!), so the prospect on Trump inflicting more damage on that country in terms of the erosion of institutions by the appointment of managers with a vested interest in seeing that institution fail, the ramping up of the debt (which will have to be paid sometime in the future) to assist billionaires with tax cuts and other crass measures including the cutting of funds to fight diseases like the Corona Virus is no skin off my nose.

I just find it incomprehensible. We knew he was a crook before he took office. He had 4 bankruptcies and a trail of stiffed contractors to prove it. Why anyone thought that this failed businessman would make a good President is hard to fathom.

But here we are.

And he has a very good chance of a second term.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:26 pm 

Trump now urging his support to ignore stay home orders and take to the streets - "Liberate Minnesota Virginia & Michigan"
And his fanatical following actually bought his faux rage at WHO not taking it seriously enough :blush:
His total command over the red caps makes Scientology's powers of persuasion look 3rd rate.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:48 pm 

Rinkals wrote:
shanky wrote:

Peace.

Yes.

That's what I would have thought.

TBH, I half-hoped he'd win in 2016 just for the lutz.

But it really has been beyond a joke now and it is no longer amusing (if it ever was). Tump is totally cringemaking and the daily reports of his stupidity have long since reached the point where surely most people would feel acute embarrassment at being represented by him at any level.

Which is why the prospect of him winning another 4 years is absolutely appalling.

I'm not American (obviously!), so the prospect on Trump inflicting more damage on that country in terms of the erosion of institutions by the appointment of managers with a vested interest in seeing that institution fail, the ramping up of the debt (which will have to be paid sometime in the future) to assist billionaires with tax cuts and other crass measures including the cutting of funds to fight diseases like the Corona Virus is no skin off my nose.

I just find it incomprehensible. We knew he was a crook before he took office. He had 4 bankruptcies and a trail of stiffed contractors to prove it. Why anyone thought that this failed businessman would make a good President is hard to fathom.

But here we are.

And he has a very good chance of a second term.

One of my closest friends is a Texan, my boss is American, my sister in law and my ex-sister in law are Americans. Unlike the ones on here none of them are defenders of Trump though.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:17 pm 

Cabbage wrote:
Trump now urging his support to ignore stay home orders and take to the streets - "Liberate Minnesota Virginia & Michigan"
And his fanatical following actually bought his faux rage at WHO not taking it seriously enough :blush:
His total command over the red caps makes Scientology's powers of persuasion look 3rd rate.

fudge me :x

Come on Trumpsters, defend this nonsense

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:19 pm 

Cabbage wrote:

Take to the streets to with their guns to defend their guns

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:24 pm 

Cabbage wrote:

Vive la revolution!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:28 pm 

They kinda have a kicking coming after electing Trump, let's be frank.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:42 pm 

Really is hard to feel sorry for them - they have the leaders they deserve.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:41 pm 

Floppykid wrote:
Gamed the system, wasn't elected with the popular vote or without help from Russia tbf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:48 pm 

Demilich wrote:

That goes both ways though as they clearly have decent leadership in many states which they also elect.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:11 pm 

Cabbage wrote:

Hopefully the virus does the world a favour and removes these retards from the gene pool. Along with the Imbecile in Chief.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:11 pm 

Cabbage wrote:

Hopefully the virus does the world a favour and removes these retards from the gene pool. Along with the Imbecile in Chief.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:19 pm 

Petej wrote:
Demilich wrote:

That goes both ways though as they clearly have decent leadership in many states which they also elect.

Which is also why so many here can “cope” so effectively with the current administration. State and Local politics are often more impactful in a day to day sense than federal leadership, particularly with other checks and balances in place and still functioning.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:32 pm 

Mr Mike wrote:
Petej wrote:
Demilich wrote:

Which is also why so many here can “cope” so effectively with the current administration. State and Local politics are often more impactful in a day to day sense than federal leadership, particularly with other checks and balances in place and still functioning.

It's one of the oddities of the US political system. In this case one person who I think comes out it all pretty well is Pelosi. Even with the impeachment, while aspects of it are debatable, I thought she handled it as best she might in the circumstances, she was obliged to act. She hasn't resorted to the brinkmanship and holding government to ransom like Ted Cruz's antics with Obama. The wheels of governance have kept going in no small part due to her influence in Congress.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:38 pm 

Flockwitt wrote:
Mr Mike wrote:
Petej wrote:
Demilich wrote:

It's one of the oddities of the US political system. In this case one person who I think comes out it all pretty well is Pelosi. Even with the impeachment, while aspects of it are debatable, I thought she handled it as best she might in the circumstances, she was obliged to act. She hasn't resorted to the brinkmanship and holding government to ransom like Ted Cruz's antics with Obama. The wheels of governance have kept going in no small part due to her influence in Congress.

Pelosi is twice the man Donald is TBF

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:46 pm 

Flockwitt wrote:
Mr Mike wrote:
Petej wrote:
Demilich wrote:

Up until impeachment she had played it exceptionally well and the fact she folded on that just demonstrates how intense the pressure from the progressive wing must have become.

People like Lindsey Boylan launching primary challenges against Nadler really spooked the cattle.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/awards/ ... vp-AAHy74w

Last edited by Mr Mike on Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:47 pm 

BokJock wrote:
Cabbage wrote:

fudge me :x

Come on Trumpsters, defend this nonsense

"It's fake news and you're just suffering from TDS!"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:23 pm 

Ouch :shock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkTJLS60A_c

stick a fork in the shitgibbon, he's done !

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:40 pm 

Floppykid wrote:

Hillary has a kicking coming to her, for sure. Her inept campaigning, crowned by her totally idiotic "deplorables" quote is what did it.

Last edited by wamberal99 on Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:41 pm 

From Hiding in Plain Sight...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:43 pm 

wamberal99 wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

Hillary has a kicking. Her inept campaigning, crowned by her totally idiotic "deplorables" quote is what did it.

That and the FBI shit.
And she's absolute had a kicking.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:49 pm 

wamberal99 wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

Hillary has a kicking. Her inept campaigning, crowned by her totally idiotic "deplorables" quote is what did it.

I thought Hillary campaigned okay. She certainly made an effort, and the fact that she won the popular national vote by over a million suggests that others felt the same way. Her "deplorables" comment was regrettable and a mistake, but it's also fact. Huge swathes of Trump's supporters are absolute human scum.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:49 pm 

Cabbage wrote:

81% in a survey support continuing with Social Distancing. :!:

The Shitgibbon showed the populace where he places their personal safety; when he was rallying against any kind of lockdown measures.

Now he's expecting them to come out of those lockdowns; when he's already showed them he doesn't give a shit about them; just the DOW & NASDAQ.

If he'd resisted the urge to make everything about himself; & just opened up the daily briefings, & just let the experts do their stuff; he'd be much better off. But his pathetic ego won't let him ever not have everything be about him.

Now he's made all the bad bits about him; becasue he just couldn't step into the background.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:50 pm 

She also eviscerated him on the debate stage.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:59 pm 

Floppykid wrote:
She also eviscerated him on the debate stage.

Yup, I watched all the debates and despite his blatant attempts to bully her, she did very well.

The reality is that after 8 years of Obama, enough Americans were ready for a conservative change to elect Trump. They blamed Liberalism, intellectualism and immigration for their poverty, despair and frustrations and were ready to vote for anyone who wasn't a Democrat. Come November they will have the opportunity to decide whether they are better off in 2020 than they were at the end of the Obama era.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:02 am 

Ali's Choice wrote:
wamberal99 wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

I thought Hillary campaigned okay. She certainly made an effort, and the fact that she won the popular national vote by over a million suggests that others felt the same way. Her "deplorables" comment was regrettable and a mistake, but it's also fact. Huge swathes of Trump's supporters are absolute human scum.

The problem with Hillary dates back years.

If I had to pick a moment in time when she became unelectable, this would be the one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NULkwDWjbmc

I was working in the US, at the time; & I couldn't believe the level of abuse, that a supposed, first world, modern country could throw at a woman; for obviously deciding that what she was getting out of a relationship, was more important than the other person having an minor affair.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:17 am 

Ali's Choice wrote:

One would hope that "she made an effort". In fact, she did not make enough of an effort in states like Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania apparently. Her campaign either ignored or overruled signals coming from places like this that she was in deep trouble.

As for your characterisation of "huge swathes" of Trump's supporters being "human scum", I hope that Biden does not hold this sort of prejudice, or use this sort of language. I want him to win, and that will only come if he treats the whole electorate with respect, unlike Hillary.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:21 am 

fishfoodie wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
wamberal99 wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

If I had to pick a moment in time when she became unelectable, this would be the one:

I was working in the US, at the time; & I couldn't believe the level of abuse, that a supposed, first world, modern country could throw at a woman; for obviously deciding that what she was getting out of a relationship, was more important than the other person having an minor affair.

Except she never became unelectable. Despite all her negatives and despite the campaign errors, she generated a great deal of support and probably would have been elected if it weren't for Comey's letter.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:25 am 

Jay Cee Gee wrote:
fishfoodie wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
wamberal99 wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

Except she never became unelectable. Despite all her negatives and despite the campaign errors, she generated a great deal of support and probably would have been elected if it weren't for Comey's letter.

She started out standing in a hole, that, Comey's letter was enough to make deep enough to lose her an Electoral College rigged to give States with a small population an unequal vote.

Biden might be an imbecile; but at least the hole he's standing in, isn't as deep, or as long established as Hillarys

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:28 am 

fishfoodie wrote:
She started out standing in a hole, that, Comey's letter was enough to make deep enough to lose her an Electoral College rigged to give States with a small population an unequal vote.

Biden might be an imbecile; but at least the hole he's standing in, isn't as deep, or as long established as Hillarys

Yep, I'd agree with that.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:31 am 

I don't think Biden's an imbecile at all.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:37 am 

Floppykid wrote:
I don't think Biden's an imbecile at all.

Pick a phrase; thick, idiot, moron, cretin, intellectual non-entity; Biden is one of these.

He's also sufficiently lacking in self-awareness just to STFU, & not make it obvious how thick he is.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:39 am 

Would it matter that much if he was? It doesn't seem to be an issue with much of the US electorate.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2572, 2573, 2574, 2575, 2576, 2577, 2578 ... 2681  Next