Chat Forum
It is currently Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:56 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107037 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2574, 2575, 2576, 2577, 2578, 2579, 2580 ... 2676  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:47 pm 

Bogbunny wrote:
TheFrog wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
Fat Old Git wrote:
Has he really just called for some states to be liberated? Did I hear that right?

Trump is becoming more and more dangerous. This country is becoming more polarized by the dsy...

And all the Dems can come up with is a senile sex offender. :((

Most depressing if these are two of the best candidates that a great country can come up with as leader. :((

Trump is an incumbent so candidates from the party he hijacked don't count.As for the Dems the best candidates didn't put themselves forward. Plus neither of these women would have been amongst the best candidates for the job but possibly the two must likely people to beat Trump didn't want to run. Obama and Winfrey.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:54 pm 

UncleFB wrote:
wamberal99 wrote:
Chilli wrote:
Do the Trump supporters realise that these people are a reflection of them? This is how they are seen. This is how they are judged.

Before the Presidential election, Trump said something to the effect that he could shoot somebody in broad daylight and his supporters would still vote for him.

If that statement means anything at all, I think we can safely assume that his base does not care how they are seen, or how they are judged. What they care about is stacking the Supreme Court, doing away with abortion rights, protecting Israel from any sort of accountability for its subjugation of the Palestinian people, 2nd Amendment rights, exploiting the natural environment, killing off the Affordable Healthcare Act, the supremacy of the white segment of the population, and a return to the prosperity of the nineteen fifties.

He and his ideas (not to mention the faceless, menacing, billionaires who are funding his putsch, and his somewhat questionable relationship with Putin) put the whole world in danger.

Discipline is called for, not emotional rhetoric, thank you Joe. It all depends on you.

I think most of his base don't give a shit about that one ... some of them probably actually dislike that about him.

I doubt it, Israelis are whiter than Palestinians. I see nurses and doctors are coming out saying these nut jobs are putting nurses and peoples lives at risk, wonder how that plays out. My guess is Trump is doing what he does best, drag his base down to his level and reap the polling rewards, when you look at how leaders and citizens have reacted around the world and compare it to the US you really have to feel like it's an insane place...and that's not necessarily a cheap shot at Yanks, my US friends have alot worse things to say about the place right now, missus and I are glad not to be living there anymore especially with kids

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:58 pm 

Which Dem who would have been a better candidate didn’t contest the Primaries? There were 20+ of them when they started out.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:10 pm 

DOB wrote:
Which Dem who would have been a better candidate didn’t contest the Primaries? There were 20+ of them when they started out.

Anyone of a number of white male anti Trump billionaires. That possibly includes Bloomberg as he never really gave himself a chance. They needed to come in early like Trump did.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:13 pm 

DOB wrote:

I woulda like Beto Rourke probably or I guess Buttigieg

Last edited by ticketlessinseattle on Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pretty good conference from Cuomo, if it’s not been covered already.

Anonymous. wrote:
Trump is an incumbent so candidates from the party he hijacked don't count.As for the Dems the best candidates didn't put themselves forward. Plus neither of these women would have been amongst the best candidates for the job but possibly the two must likely people to beat Trump didn't want to run. Obama and Winfrey.

O2 would've manshamed him, prison style.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:16 pm 

6.Jones wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
Fat Old Git wrote:
Has he really just called for some states to be liberated? Did I hear that right?

If the way he namechecks the 2nd amendment that's most disturbing. That's not even code. He's actually calling for violent insurrection.

Expect to see more of it as the heat from the pandemic gets hotter. I do genuinely see parts of the US slipping into anarchy as the polarisation gets worse.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:21 pm 

ticketlessinseattle wrote:
DOB wrote:

Beto is out because "he's gurnna take our guns".

And I don't think America is ready for a male First Lady.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:22 pm 

Anonymous. wrote:
DOB wrote:

Anyone of a number of white male anti Trump billionaires. That possibly includes Bloomberg as he never really gave himself a chance. They needed to come in early like Trump did.

All those billionaires realized that they wouldn’t have won the Dem primary against experienced campaigners like Warren and Biden, or someone with a big devoted base like Bernie. If they wanted to run against Trump, they’d need to do it for the GOP ticket.

Bloomberg did it his way to give himself his best chance money-wise, and still got his clock cleaned.

DOB wrote:

Anon said the best Dems didn’t run. Beto and Pete both ran and got beaten, so he must think there’s better out there than them. At least Buttegieg put up a decent showing and lasted longer than a lot of others.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:26 pm 

Uncle Fester wrote:
6.Jones wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
Fat Old Git wrote:

If the way he namechecks the 2nd amendment that's most disturbing. That's not even code. He's actually calling for violent insurrection.

Expect to see more of it as the heat from the pandemic gets hotter. I do genuinely see parts of the US slipping into anarchy as the polarisation gets worse.

Trump's gift (and the only real talent I will concede) is his polarising influence.

Mind you, it's a gift that will probably only work in the US; elsewhere it would most likely work as a unifying agent.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:32 pm 

DOB wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
DOB wrote:

All those billionaires realized that they wouldn’t have won the Dem primary against experienced campaigners like Warren and Biden, or someone with a big devoted base like Bernie. If they wanted to run against Trump, they’d need to do it for the GOP ticket.

Bloomberg did it his way to give himself his best chance money-wise, and still got his clock cleaned.

As I said they needed to come in early like Trump did. Bllomberg gave himself no chance

Quote:
Donald Trump’s Presidential Run Was Long in the Making
Planning for Republican campaign began soon after Barack Obama’s victory in 2012
By Heather Haddon
March 2, 2016 7:27 pm ET

Donald Trump and a small team of confidants began planning his White House bid just weeks after Mitt Romney’s 2012 loss to President Barack Obama.

The businessman trademarked his “Make America Great Again” slogan in November 2012, according to federal records.

Last edited by Anonymous. on Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:36 pm 

Rinkals wrote:
DOB wrote:

I believe the husband of a President is called the First Man, gay men not being male ladys.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:38 pm 

Anonymous. wrote:
DOB wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
DOB wrote:

As I said they needed to come in early like Trump did. Bllomberg gave himself no chance

Quote:
Planning for Republican campaign began soon after Barack Obama’s victory in 2012
By Heather Haddon

Donald Trump and a small team of confidants began planning his White House bid just weeks after Mitt Romney’s 2012 loss to President Barack Obama.

The businessman trademarked his “Make America Great Again” slogan in November 2012, according to federal records.

Bloomberg had every chance. All he needed was one world class debate performance. He didn't have the skills to do that.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:40 pm 

6.Jones wrote:

This is the #MeToo era. Everyone who's old enough to be senile is a sex offender.

Yes, there is an element of risk here that people abuse this opportunity to drag people in the mud, for whatever reason, revenge, jealousy, opportunistic behavior or political gain.

But after there was such an outcry among Democrats about Brett Kavanaugh's own alleged murky past, the decent thing would be for Biden to step down while justice does its work and let someone who is free from any concern take over. A good opportunity for the Dems to overhaul things as well.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:43 pm 

Rinkals wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:
6.Jones wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
Fat Old Git wrote:

Trump's gift (and the only real talent I will concede) is his polarising influence.

Mind you, it's a gift that will probably only work in the US; elsewhere it would most likely work as a unifying agent.

It is a dangerous gift to play right now, with a country that is descending into the biggest crisis since 1929. If you drive violence in a country where misery is about to hit million of people, you are the worst cynical politician in a long time.

It is a good calculation though, because people who fear for their security are likely to turn to Republicans and guns supporting politicians for support and protection.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:49 pm 

6.Jones wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
DOB wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
DOB wrote:

Quote:
By Heather Haddon

Bloomberg had every chance. All he needed was one world class debate performance. He didn't have the skills to do that.

Agreed he didn't have the skills or experience to jump in at the deep end and swim with the sharks. Would have been much better served spending a few years getting grilled and doing behind the scenes prep. It was all a bit rushed. All the shit that came his way in the debates would have been on him already. He gave himself no chance

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:38 pm 

6.Jones wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
DOB wrote:

I believe the husband of a President is called the First Man, gay men not being male ladys.

I bow to your superior knowledge.

Either way, I'm not sure that the US is sufficiently broad-minded.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:43 pm 

TheFrog wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:
6.Jones wrote:
Kiwias wrote:

It is a dangerous gift to play right now, with a country that is descending into the biggest crisis since 1929. If you drive violence in a country where misery is about to hit million of people, you are the worst cynical politician in a long time.

It is a good calculation though, because people who fear for their security are likely to turn to Republicans and guns supporting politicians for support and protection.

On the contrary, come November this will all have been forgotten and the President will resume gutting health boards, dismantling clean-air initiatives and allocating tax cuts and income streams to his friends and relations.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:50 pm 

I think you are naive if you believe normal life will resume in November. The impact of the economic crisis will be huge and go deep.

Plus, the virus will still be around. The only saving grace could be a cure. Then, at least on this level, life could go back to normal. But without a medecine that reduces the number of people needing ICU, in November, we still be discussing balance between lockdown and conditional release...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:51 pm 

And if that happens...then they all deserve each other... but

Sadly though, for the rest of us, our interest isn't distant or theoretical. Our markets are dependent on US markets. Our exports are based on our currency related to the USD.

So, unless we're going to switch to President Xi (does anyone recommend this?) then we're better off hoping for a stable America, lunatic president or no.

Pax Americana is still valid for a while yet.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:05 pm 

shanky wrote:

Sadly though, for the rest of us, our interest isn't distant or theoretical. Our markets are dependent on US markets. Our exports are based on our currency related to the USD.

So, unless we're going to switch to President Xi (does anyone recommend this?) then we're better off hoping for a stable America, lunatic president or no.

But if the Americans no longer want to run a Pax Americana, we will have to adapt. Trump is certainly pushing this hard, and his first target is Europe.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:09 pm 

6.Jones wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:

O2 would've manshamed him, prison style.

If wishes were fishes, we would all cast nets.

Anon and Trump are in agreement. The democrats have the talent according to the orange god, but none of them want to run against him.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:22 pm 

TheFrog wrote:
shanky wrote:

But if the Americans no longer want to run a Pax Americana, we will have to adapt. Trump is certainly pushing this hard, and his first target is Europe.

I've thought about this and I'm not sure I agree. Sorry.

They're happy to take the benefits (reserve currency) but they're no longer willing to provide legions to protect the empire.

All fine of course, it's their choice. It probably accelerated the new world order to the detriment of the client states (most of us) but we've only got ourselves to blame.

For example. The EU couldn't even help Italy when it needed it most...

So, here we are. What have the Romans done for us?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:52 pm 

TheFrog wrote:
I think you are naive if you believe normal life will resume in November. The impact of the economic crisis will be huge and go deep.

Plus, the virus will still be around. The only saving grace could be a cure. Then, at least on this level, life could go back to normal. But without a medecine that reduces the number of people needing ICU, in November, we still be discussing balance between lockdown and conditional release...

Yes, but any cure will be thanks to Trump rather than because of him.

You know how these things work; most people with an ounce of sense will understand that Trump's failures have aggravated the crisis, but your average Patriotic American will feel that Trump has saved the day. Don't forget that it's his name on the paychecks.

Also to bear in mind is that there were a shitload of jobs lost during this pandemic. Are those jobs lost worth the lives saved? Probably have been a lot more people dying if the measures had not been taken, but how do we know for sure? Trump will say that panic measures by Democrats were responsible for the jobs lost, but it's difficult to offset the lives saved because these are not the quantifiable.

I think this pathogen has been a huge boon for Trump: even if he'd played it deliberately (and I certainly don't credit him with the intelligence needed to do so), it couldn't have worked out any better for him.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:15 pm 

Chilli wrote:
AnkleTap wrote:
Chilli wrote:
Do the Trump supporters realise that these people are a reflection of them? This is how they are seen. This is how they are judged.

Sorry Chilli. Zero fucks given.

No doubt..........is this you below?

Spoiler: show

I wonder if you realise Chilli that what you see in the picture is a Bernie bro getting a photo opp in front of some trump supporters. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:03 pm 

AnkleTap wrote:
Chilli wrote:
AnkleTap wrote:
Chilli wrote:

Sorry Chilli. Zero fucks given.

No doubt..........is this you below?

I wonder if you realise Chilli that what you see in the picture is a Bernie bro getting a photo opp in front of some trump supporters. :lol:

Quote:
This photograph was taken a month earlier at a protest in Boise, Idaho. Twitter user @notaxiwarrior first shared this image on March 2, 2020, along with the following caption:

Today I witnessed a bunch of trump supporters crashing a peaceful rally I was attending with my family. They were profane, disrespectful & crowded behind a nazi flag. Not one trumpster confronted him on his racism. They all stood behind him of course, showing their true selves

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/swast ... -michigan/

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:04 pm 

Rinkals wrote:
AnkleTap wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
:blush: Just looked, 49% of your entire posting history has been made on this thread. You're not just human scum, you're a f**king troll bot!

Straight onto ignore you go.

Bye then. There is not a lot of rugby on.

Where are you from, as a matter of interest? I seem to remember that you were an ex-Rhodesian, but I may be confusing you with another poster.

I think he is from NZ originally but now lives in England

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:05 pm 

Snopes :lol:

Breathe ...... :lol: :lol: :lol: He even has a Dead Kennedys top on with a crossed out Swastika on it.

From Wiki :- Dead Kennedys are an American punk rock band that formed in San Francisco, California, in 1978.The band was one of the defining hardcore punk bands during its initial eight-year run.Dead Kennedys' lyrics were usually political in nature, satirizing establishment political figures and authority in general.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:22 pm 

AnkleTap wrote:
Snopes :lol:

Breathe ...... :lol: :lol: :lol: He even has a Dead Kennedys top on with a crossed out Swastika on it.

From Wiki :- Dead Kennedys are an American punk rock band that formed in San Francisco, California, in 1978.The band was one of the defining hardcore punk bands during its initial eight-year run.Dead Kennedys' lyrics were usually political in nature, satirizing establishment political figures and authority in general.

The original uploader did so on the day of the protest. When and where were the other pictures uploaded. Shame can't see the blokes face clearly in the original picture or what he is wearing.

Last edited by Anonymous. on Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:23 pm 

Kiwias wrote:

Yeah, nah.

I live about a kilometre from the Governor's mansion in St Paul. Road my bike over to check out the protest.
A couple hundred people milling around. I saw one idiot nearly get run over as he tried to block a car traveling down Summit Ave.

I'm sure Walz was swayed :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:24 pm 

BokJock wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
AnkleTap wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
:blush: Just looked, 49% of your entire posting history has been made on this thread. You're not just human scum, you're a f**king troll bot!

Straight onto ignore you go.

Bye then. There is not a lot of rugby on.

Where are you from, as a matter of interest? I seem to remember that you were an ex-Rhodesian, but I may be confusing you with another poster.

I think he is from NZ originally but now lives in England

Oh good.

I was afraid he was one of ours.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:25 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:27 pm 

To Anon. Use Occams razor. To Rinkals, BockJock thinks I am Seneca.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:34 pm 

AnkleTap wrote:

C'mon man. Somewhat prescient lyrics I gotta say.

Safe to say they were no fans of Governor Moonbeam Brown at the time.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:35 pm 

AnkleTap wrote:

Trump supporters and swastikas at Bernei rallies is a thing isn't it

Quote:
March 6th

Senator Bernie Sanders has responded to an incident at a recent rally in Phoenix, Arizona during which a man unfurled a swastika flag while Mr Sanders spoke.

“I heard people booing but I didn’t realise [what happened] until I left the stage. I speak not only as a Jewish American but on behalf of US troops who died fighting Nazism. It’s horrific, it’s beyond disgusting to see, in the United States of America, that people would show the emblem of Hitler and I was shocked to hear that later,” he said to a press gaggle at the Phoenix airport.

The man was tossed out of the venue, using the n-word towards a black Sanders supporter on his way out of the building.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 84171.html

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:41 pm 

I am not sure if you are being this way on purpose Anon, so I will assume you are sincere.

Evidence seems to suggest this was a counter protester at a Trump rally. Chilli was trying to label me a NAZI by comparing me to what looks like some kind of Bernie Bro.

Off to work to try catch more corona, and for some reason their IP range is banned. Enjoy the peace :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:44 pm 

AnkleTap wrote:

Frankly I don't care who you are.

I was just worried you might be one of ours.

I don't think you fully understand how Occam's razor works.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:53 pm 

Ironic Nazis according to Fox News

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:44 pm 

AnkleTap wrote:
I am not sure if you are being this way on purpose Anon, so I will assume you are sincere.

Evidence seems to suggest this was a counter protester at a Trump rally. Chilli was trying to label me a NAZI by comparing me to what looks like some kind of Bernie Bro.

Off to work to try catch more corona, and for some reason their IP range is banned. Enjoy the peace :)

As I said the original uploader says it was a Trump supporter who gatecrashed a rally with other Trump supporters and it was uploaded on the day of the rally March 2nd (the date is a fact) The pictures making it seem to be a Bernie supporter seem to have been uploaded in the last 2 days which is well over a month later. It's impossible to tell if it's the same bloke but it would seem unlikely they were taken on March 2 and just posted. They are probably staged or shopped.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107037 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2574, 2575, 2576, 2577, 2578, 2579, 2580 ... 2676  Next