Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:15 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113081 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2658, 2659, 2660, 2661, 2662, 2663, 2664 ... 2828  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:12 am 

Wilson's Toffee wrote:
TheFrog wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:
This same hysterical outpourings was made countless times before the 2016 elections.

No need to rush your abortions/sex changes and emigrate to Canada/Cuba/Venezuela, just chill and live on, The Don will retire from the POTUS office after his next term.

Quite possibly.

And we can all relax. Khameini will die, Kim Jung Un too although a bit later and nothing may happen. Why the need to sanction these countries then?

And why the need to sanction Trump?

Wonder if those countries would have been less insistent on acquiring nuclear power and working towards their own destiny, had the USA shown a somewhat less inclination to build and sustain an empire

Not quite in the case of Iran who have to deal with the nuclear threat posed by Israel. May be more so for North Korea.

Generally any regime feeling threatened by countries having the bomb will want to develop it for their own safety.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:14 am 

The Bolton drama finally unfolding.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:21 am 

Ted. wrote:

Interesting, obviously.

The best people.

But hey, what about crooked Hillary eh? Have they locked her up yet?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:19 am 

TheFrog wrote:
The Bolton drama finally unfolding.

Seems a bit dodgy, maybe somebody in the WhiteHouse leaking the draft. Still we also have Lev Parnas's attorney stating he has further videos of Trump also... I'd laugh if at the end of this trial and the Senate throws out the case, the Dems simply re-impeach.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:02 am 

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2019/03/ ... -explained

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:29 am 

Fat Old Git wrote:
Ted. wrote:

Interesting, obviously.

The best people.

It must be soon. Mind, the old biddy is yesterday's news surely, even for conservatives?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:38 am 

Ted. wrote:

Interesting, obviously.

All that shows is how rattled the Deep State are by MAGA.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:39 am 

Ted. wrote:
Fat Old Git wrote:
Ted. wrote:

Interesting, obviously.

The best people.

It must be soon. Mind, the old biddy is yesterday's news surely, even for conservatives?

That table has already been posted by one of you loons earlier on in the thread. It seems staggering that it doesn't actually get interpreted the way it should be, especially given someone on this very page thinks it would be funny if the Dems turned around and impeached him again straight away. At this stage you guys should be ashamed of yourself. Your views are now completely disgusting.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:47 am 

Did the Donald have Epstein nixed?

https://play.stuff.co.nz/details/_6126610285001

Or was it the Prince?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:49 am 

Seneca of the Night wrote:
Ted. wrote:
Fat Old Git wrote:
Ted. wrote:

Interesting, obviously.

The best people.

That table has already been posted by one of you loons earlier on in the thread. It seems staggering that it doesn't actually get interpreted the way it should be, especially given someone on this very page thinks it would be funny if the Dems turned around and impeached him again straight away. At this stage you guys should be ashamed of yourself. Your views are now completely disgusting.

Surely it's worth reiterating the scandalous and deeply corrupt nature of US politics? Of course it is, some people are a bit slow on the uptake, or are being wilfully ignorant for whatever purpose.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:55 am 

Fair play to Trump for being so brazen in plagiarising Obama's condolences to the Bryant family. Still if he's going to start copying his predecessor that's a good thing and not to be criticised

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:59 am 

Ted. wrote:

Surely it's worth reiterating the scandalous and deeply corrupt nature of US politics? Of course it is, some people are a bit slow on the uptake, or are being wilfully ignorant for whatever purpose.

No no no. Only the GOP is corrupt. Your table proves it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:30 am 

You wind ups are getting a bit stale Sen. You're beginning to sound like you might have a few tinfoil accessories in your wardrobe.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:40 am 

So this is pretty juicy. Popcorn at the ready.

This has been very conveniently timed and set up by some moles inside the WH. Being a plum to everyone you interact with does come back to bite you in the ass eventually.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/26/us/politics/trump-bolton-book-ukraine.html

Quote:
The submission to the White House may have given Mr. Trump’s aides and lawyers direct insight into what Mr. Bolton would say if he were called to testify at Mr. Trump’s impeachment trial. It also intensified concerns among some of his advisers that they needed to block Mr. Bolton from testifying, according to two people familiar with their concerns.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:55 am 

Rumham wrote:
So this is pretty juicy. Popcorn at the ready.

This has been very conveniently timed and set up by some moles inside the WH. Being a plum to everyone you interact with does come back to bite you in the ass eventually.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/26/us/politics/trump-bolton-book-ukraine.html

Quote:
The submission to the White House may have given Mr. Trump’s aides and lawyers direct insight into what Mr. Bolton would say if he were called to testify at Mr. Trump’s impeachment trial. It also intensified concerns among some of his advisers that they needed to block Mr. Bolton from testifying, according to two people familiar with their concerns.

So what's going on here?.
Bolton says that Trump blocked aid to Ukraine.
Ukraine says it didn't happen.
Who would an impartial person believe?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:18 am 

The money due to Ukraine was eventually released, well partially, but the financial records show it was significantly delayed. We don't know the reason for the delay, the Whitehouse and OMB have refused to say, but it'd be illegal for the money to have been so delayed because Trump said to delay it. Whether Mulvaney has an adequate reason we don't know, it's hard to see why it'd be a secret if there was a legal reason, but it is possible they've not broken the law even if common sense suggests they have

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:00 am 

Re the Lev Parnas video...

...If any of you guys are managers or own your own business, how many of your employees have you threatened to fire on the spot after talking to a guy you have never met before at a charity dinner and then later gone through with that dismissal despite not remember who the guy was that convinced you to fire that employee?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:13 am 

I think that Trump's record as a manager of business is pretty well documented.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:43 pm 

What I find amusing in this scenario is how anyone can think that Ukraine is now free to tell the truth.

History shows that Trump never forgives a perceived slight.

Ukraine is f**ked if they don’t support him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:46 pm 

houtkabouter wrote:
What I find amusing in this scenario is how anyone can think that Ukraine is now free to tell the truth.

Ukraine is weak. A road apple. A sitting duck.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:52 pm 

Yet we are being told to listen to what Ukraine says.

Poor fuckers are being used by GOP again. Not quite satisfied by the f**king over Trump handed out to support his precious fictions. GOP wants to fudge them over some more and put them right in the middle of the highway.

Poor buggers.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:52 pm 

houtkabouter wrote:

Ukraine is weak. A road apple. A sitting duck.

Considering that they are in a insurgent war with Russia, it would seem that you are right.

The last thing they need to do is give the Americans a reason to shaft them.

Mind you, Trump has shown that he doesn't need a reason to shaft any of his allies as the Kurds have found out to their cost.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:00 pm 

Rinkals wrote:
I think that Trump's record as a manager of business is pretty well documented.

Yes, he should have brought you in as a consultant.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:12 pm 

So, do we think the requisite number of Republicans will flip to hear from Bolton? Are Romney, Collins and co going to do their normal 'I'm very concerned....but carry on' or will they actually risk throwing more fuel on the fire?

Bolton has done wonders for his book sales - I'm sure the publishers are delighted.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:33 pm 

penguin wrote:
So, do we think the requisite number of Republicans will flip to hear from Bolton? Are Romney, Collins and co going to do their normal 'I'm very concerned....but carry on' or will they actually risk throwing more fuel on the fire?

Bolton has done wonders for his book sales - I'm sure the publishers are delighted.

Given Bolton is basically saying Trump is (a) a liar, (b) a liar, or (c) a liar, then no, I cannot see the GOP wanting witnesses.

The real danger isn't this issue as it stands though, the country is split as it is on the issue and on how they intend to vote such I don't see the trial in the Senate (or lack of) having much affect on the future, it's already factored in. What Trump and the GOP really don't want is to dodge witnesses and new evidence at this stage however and then be dogged by new revelations all the way into the election, whether that's further stories on Bidengate or other stories that have been hidden in the name of national security that are really only damaging to Trump

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:48 pm 

piquant wrote:
penguin wrote:

Given Bolton is basically saying Trump is (a) a liar, (b) a liar, or (c) a liar, then no, I cannot see the GOP wanting witnesses.

The real danger isn't this issue as it stands though, the country is split as it is on the issue and on how they intend to vote such I don't see the trial in the Senate (or lack of) having much affect on the future, it's already factored in. What Trump and the GOP really don't want is to dodge witnesses and new evidence at this stage however and then be dogged by new revelations all the way into the election, whether that's further stories on Bidengate or other stories that have been hidden in the name of national security that are really only damaging to Trump

The GOP don't, but I'm wondering if the perennial, if not quite anti-Trump, then certainly not whole-hearted supporters take the chance to 'do the right thing' and play to their more moderate constituencies, so they can claim they are the impartial jurors that they are all supposed to be. A little exercise in protecting themselves.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:50 pm 

Quote:
Trump considers the spelling of Kyrgyzstan a hostile act directed personally at him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:15 pm 

the hearings resume..

mitch & co come prepared today.

Spoiler: show

:P

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:24 pm 

Quote:
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
6h
The Democrat controlled House never even asked John Bolton to testify. It is up to them, not up to the Senate

No surprise but that is such an easily provable lie

I really hope they call his bluff

Last edited by BokJock on Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:26 pm 

piquant wrote:
The money due to Ukraine was eventually released, well partially, but the financial records show it was significantly delayed. We don't know the reason for the delay, the Whitehouse and OMB have refused to say, but it'd be illegal for the money to have been so delayed because Trump said to delay it. Whether Mulvaney has an adequate reason we don't know, it's hard to see why it'd be a secret if there was a legal reason, but it is possible they've not broken the law even if common sense suggests they have

The timeline, with the aid released after the whistleblower report was known, is all too convenient. There's no particular doubt about Trump's guilt. It is only a question of what the GOP are prepared to whitewash... this is paid politics, no doubt most of the elected officials would have done the same in not dis-similar circumstances. But the GOP are caught in a cleft stick of their own making. They can't blink, or have a single crack in the unified wall.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:30 pm 

Flockwitt wrote:
piquant wrote:

The timeline, with the aid released after the whistleblower report was known, is all too convenient. There's no particular doubt about Trump's guilt. It is only a question of what the GOP are prepared to whitewash... this is paid politics, no doubt most of the elected officials would have done the same in not dis-similar circumstances. But the GOP are caught in a cleft stick of their own making. They can't blink, or have a single crack in the unified wall.

Ja. They have to buckle down and prove Trump's innocence.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:35 pm 

Kenny Starr is knocking it out of the park. I have to say this is rock star stuff. It reminds me of Simon & Garfunkel in Central Park - it has that kind of sense of occasion and drama about it. He's hitting all the right notes, and I can certainly say it's a privilege to be alive for this, and if I could swap places with someone listening to the funeral oration of Pericles, well I don't think I would.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:37 pm 

BokJock wrote:
Quote:
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
6h
The Democrat controlled House never even asked John Bolton to testify. It is up to them, not up to the Senate

No surprise but that is such an easily provable lie

I really hope they call his bluff

The Shitgibbon's legal team has been threatening to claim executive privilege, so as to block any testimony from Bolton.

If the Democrats try to force the issue; it'll go all the way to the Supreme Court; the Court that the GOP has been stuffing with lackeys, for the last three years !!

If the case for executive privilege goes to the Court; & the Court finds for the Shitgibbon; then that will put an end to any impeachment, against this, & any future President. It would be devastating.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:42 pm 

Wilson's Toffee wrote:
Flockwitt wrote:
piquant wrote:

Bit difficult when he is clear as day guilty.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:48 pm 

sorCrer wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:
Flockwitt wrote:
piquant wrote:

Of what?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:53 pm 

houtkabouter wrote:

But one day, they might have to contend with another president. Note the 'might'.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:57 pm 

sorCrer wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:
Flockwitt wrote:
piquant wrote:

Of what?

Of a crime that was not committed, against a victim that says that no crime was committed.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:08 pm 

sorCrer wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:
Flockwitt wrote:
piquant wrote:

Of what?

being orange.

[/racism]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:09 pm 

As I intimated - Trump is guilty, (in the eyes of some beholders) no matter what.

No presumption of innocence extended, no burden of proof on accusers - an old time witch hunt. When are they breaking out the pitchforks ?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:10 pm 

It's not that easy bein' orange
Having to spend each day the color of the leaves
When I think it could be nicer bein' blue or yellow or green
Or something much more colorful like that

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113081 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2658, 2659, 2660, 2661, 2662, 2663, 2664 ... 2828  Next