Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113078 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2659, 2660, 2661, 2662, 2663, 2664, 2665 ... 2827  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:11 pm 

BokJock wrote:
Quote:
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
6h
The Democrat controlled House never even asked John Bolton to testify. It is up to them, not up to the Senate

No surprise but that is such an easily provable lie

I really hope they call his bluff

For any previous impeachments have the house done the investigation or has the AG always appointed a special prosecutor? I know for Clinton they basically just took the report from the special prosecutor into the house and recalled the same witnesses to say the same things. And all that before the Senate can of course conduct their own trial, call witnesses including new ones and seek whatever evidence they will

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:13 pm 

Wilson's Toffee wrote:
As I intimated - Trump is guilty, (in the eyes of some beholders) no matter what.

No presumption of innocence extended, no burden of proof on accusers - an old time witch hunt. When are they breaking out the pitchforks ?

Surely it depends on whether asking a foreign power to investigate your political opponents by withholding military aid was a high crime or misdemeanor, as defined by the constitution? Are you saying it isn't, or that he didn't do it?

Last edited by 6.Jones on Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:14 pm 

6.Jones wrote:
It's not that easy bein' orange
Having to spend each day the color of the leaves
When I think it could be nicer bein' blue or yellow or green
Or something much more colorful like that

Teddy's kid?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:17 pm 

6.Jones wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:
As I intimated - Trump is guilty, (in the eyes of some beholders) no matter what.

No presumption of innocence extended, no burden of proof on accusers - an old time witch hunt. When are they breaking out the pitchforks ?

Surely it depends on whether asking a foreign power to investigate your political opponents by withholding military aid was a high crime or misdemeanor, as defined by the constitution? Are you saying it isn't, or that he didn't do it?

Of course it is and of course he is guilty of it. SON and his multi's I can understand but Wilsons Toffee is an attorney FFS.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:18 pm 

sorCrer wrote:
6.Jones wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:

Of course it is and of course he is guilty of it.

Well, this should all be pretty easy then.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:26 pm 

sorCrer wrote:
6.Jones wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:

Of course it is and of course he is guilty of it. SON and his multi's I can understand but Wilsons Toffee is an attorney FFS.

The constitution isn't clear on what a high crime and misdemeanour are, but they certainly left enough room that Trump's actions can be labeled as such. Also whilst it's the office which makes the crime high it probably doesn't need to be too serious, else why note it alongside misdemeanours?

That said, and despite the outstanding speech from Schiff supporting Trump's removal, I'm still not sure given where the country is on the issue he should be removed from office. I'd much prefer the Senate voted for a censure, though given how Trump has turned against Matt Gaetz I cannot imagine the GOP are even up for a censure without Trump signing off on it

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:44 pm 

Seneca of the Night wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
6.Jones wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:

It probably would be in a proper court rather than the circus that is the US political system.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:47 pm 

Censure of Trump would have made the road forward a lot clearer.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:58 pm 

blah blah blah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:04 pm 

I have to say this is rock star stuff. It reminds me of Simon & Garfunkel in Central Park -

rock star....Simon & Garfunkel

Face.
Palm.

FFS.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:19 pm 

saffer13 wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
I think that Trump's record as a manager of business is pretty well documented.

Yes, he should have brought you in as a consultant.

There's plenty of evidence of Trump's underhand dealings and his record of shafting subcontractors and illega practices.

But it's no surprise that you are keen to close your eyes to them.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:20 pm 

blah blah blah

That's your best post in ages. :P

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:25 pm 

sorCrer wrote:
6.Jones wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:

Happy endings must come at the end of something,' the Walrus pointed out. 'If they happen in the middle of a story, or an adventure, or the like, all they do is cheer things up for awhile.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:43 pm 

BillW wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
6.Jones wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:

Happy endings must come at the end of something,' the Walrus pointed out. 'If they happen in the middle of a story, or an adventure, or the like, all they do is cheer things up for awhile.

Tis the voice of the Lobster: I heard him declare
'You have baked me too brown, I must sugar my hair.'
As a duck with its eyelids, so he with his nose
Trims his belt and his buttons, and turns out his toes.
When the sands are all dry, he is gay as a lark,
And will talk in contemptuous tones of the Shark:
But, when the tide rises and sharks are around,
His voice has a timid and tremulous sound.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:48 pm 

Jay Cee Gee wrote:
I have to say this is rock star stuff. It reminds me of Simon & Garfunkel in Central Park -

rock star....Simon & Garfunkel

Face.
Palm.

FFS.

This is not ROCK? Red in tooth and claw? Does this not remind you of Kenneth Starr putting the case of the defence of the President? I cannot help you now. You are on your own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrcwRt6J32o

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:27 pm 

Patrick Philbin making some devastating thrusts here. He is a cavalier and young knight errant.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:42 pm 

she'd rather not be talking about hunter and burisma, but since the dems mentioned them 400 times last week.. :lol:

(schifty also mentioned the dnc server, Clinton's server and crowdstrike in his opening statement. just saying..)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:04 pm 

Pam Bondi is nailing this so hard, Biden will be the one getting impeached by the end of the week.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:10 pm 

Bondi the one who took money from the now disbanded and disgraced Trump Foundation not to investigate Trump University, is that correct?

All the best people! Fill the swamp!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:23 pm 

piquant wrote:
Bondi the one who took money from the now disbanded and disgraced Trump Foundation not to investigate Trump University, is that correct?

You have a lot of difficulty staying on topic.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:25 pm 

piquant wrote:

Yeah, piquant - Bondi is rock royalty on a par with Jewel.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:32 pm 

Jay Cee Gee wrote:
piquant wrote:

Just so we're clear, you do realise the Simon & Garfunkel post was a joke right? I'd have though that comparing Ken Starr to Pericles might have been the giveaway. But it seems not.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:47 pm 

Pam Bondi is nailing this so hard, Biden will be the one getting impeached by the end of the week.

Obama in the frame now.. :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:49 pm 

BokJock wrote:
Quote:
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
6h
The Democrat controlled House never even asked John Bolton to testify. It is up to them, not up to the Senate

No surprise but that is such an easily provable lie

I really hope they call his bluff

That man... :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:51 pm 

Kenny Starr is knocking it out of the park. I have to say this is rock star stuff. It reminds me of Simon & Garfunkel in Central Park - it has that kind of sense of occasion and drama about it. He's hitting all the right notes, and I can certainly say it's a privilege to be alive for this, and if I could swap places with someone listening to the funeral oration of Pericles, well I don't think I would.

:lol:

Damn' Seneca, I am glad you are here to provide quality entertainment.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:55 pm 

Wilson's Toffee wrote:

Are you sincere or just playing along?

How are you suppose to prove anything when you are denied legal discovery under the fallacious excuse of Executive Priviledge?

Best we can conclude at this stage is that there are a number of information that point toward him being guilty, but no hard concrete proof.

And that the defendant is withholding all proofs of his innocence because of Executive Privilege.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:56 pm 

Jay Cee Gee wrote:
piquant wrote:

Just so we're clear, you do realise the Simon & Garfunkel post was a joke right? I'd have though that comparing Ken Starr to Pericles might have been the giveaway. But it seems not.

Too late, intention is irrelevant on the internet. You are now locked in as a pasty milquetoast who thinks Wings were the greatest rock stars ever and thinks that adding salt and pepper to something makes it spicy.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:59 pm 

Quote:
Seth Abramson
@SethAbramson
·
5m
PS3/ Trump lawyer Pam Bondi's argument may well go down as one of the most disreputable, disgusting events ever to occur in the well of the United States Senate, and it should be said by *every* GOP senator that it *backfired significantly* by bringing the Senate into low repute

High praise. :thumbup: Knocked it out of the park. :nod:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:01 am 

Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
piquant wrote:

Too late, intention is irrelevant on the internet. You are now locked in as a pasty milquetoast who thinks Wings were the greatest rock stars ever and thinks that adding salt and pepper to something makes it spicy.

You don't like Uncle Albert and Live and Let Die?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:09 am 

merry! wrote:

When has he not been in the frame?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:24 am 

Kiwias wrote:
merry! wrote:

not heard accusations of obama "corruption" in such an official setting before.

some folk even believe his to be the most scandal free administration.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:26 am 

merry! wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
merry! wrote:

not heard accusations of "corruption" in such an official setting before.

He has two Grammys and a Nobel Peace Prize. Many want him to be President for Life.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:30 am 

kiwinoz wrote:
merry! wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
merry! wrote:

not heard accusations of "corruption" in such an official setting before.

He has two Grammys and a Nobel Peace Prize. Many want him to be President for Life.

clint eastwood nailed him. something about the Obama administration being the biggest fraud foisted on the American people.

always knew clint was a good guy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:34 am 

TheFrog wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:

How are you suppose to prove anything when you are denied legal discovery under the fallacious excuse of Executive Priviledge?

Best we can conclude at this stage is that there are a number of information that point toward him being guilty, but no hard concrete proof.

And that the defendant is withholding all proofs of his innocence because of Executive Privilege.

But. I thought Schiff HAD all the proof ?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:38 am 

Wilson's Toffee wrote:
TheFrog wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:

Where did he say so?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:47 am 

TheFrog wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:
TheFrog wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:

Where did he say so?

he claimed to have 'overwhelming evidence'..

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-impeachment-schiff/schiff-focus-on-overwhelming-evidence-in-trump-impeachment-idUSKBN1YC0GP

we're still waiting though.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:00 am 

TheFrog wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:
TheFrog wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:

Where did he say so?

Schiff has always said that. Russian collusion "all the proof" for 3 years was his mantra. He lies more than Trump tweets.

Now he's moved West to Ukraine. Watch out Poland!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:56 am 

sorCrer wrote:
6.Jones wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:

Well, we all know the senate isn't voting on the facts or the law, any more than the house did. This play's audience is the public.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:03 am 

sorCrer wrote:
6.Jones wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:

:shock:
Seriously?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:31 am 

On the subject of the general public being the audience, I wonder how much this thread of people reflects American society? [Apart from being aliens of course - we'd be in cages in an instant if we tried to cross over from our various countries.]

We have our Republicans, for whom the truth is whatever Trump does. We have our Democrats, who simply want Trump out, and whatever he does is a crime [aided, I have to say, by the fact that everything he does is at least obnoxious.] We have our religious okes, who only want the end times to come on their watch. A few alt.right fanatics. A few woken snowflakes. [Actually are there really any woke people on here? I'm probably the closest and I'm not woke]. A couple of crunchy conservatives. A few wary Jews, to complain about everything [it's broken.... it's broken]. All we lack is African Americans and an indigenous casino owner. We are America!

So who are we voting for with our monopoly votes in the election?

My clown car is on Bloomberg.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113078 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2659, 2660, 2661, 2662, 2663, 2664, 2665 ... 2827  Next