Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:32 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113034 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2661, 2662, 2663, 2664, 2665, 2666, 2667 ... 2826  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:43 pm 

6.Jones wrote:
Seneca of the Night wrote:
the fat brothers

Seneca launches his bid for the 2024 presidency.

I was the master of nicknames at school. I made up well over half of the ones that stuck.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:51 pm 

merry! wrote:
BokJock wrote:
merry! wrote:
what a coincidence.. :uhoh:

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/guess-who-was-charge-reviewing-boltons-leaked-book-nsc

no doubt the leakers' accounts of what's inside the draft are as accurate as schifty's account of the phone call.

I can't figure out why someone wrote that story.

what or who is zerohedge?

EDIT: the "article" was written by someone calling themselves Tyler Durden - I am an idiot for clicking on a link from Merry

:lol:

breitbart better for you..?

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/01/26/source-alexander-vindmans-brother-yevgeny-clears-publications-by-nsc-officials/

doesn't change the fact that those ukrainian twins are well dodgy..

What the state dept needs to do is ban people from working on any continent in which they have even one grandparent born. They've been big on using people who speak the language or know some local people, but all that happens is you get hopelessly corrupted people like these clowns, who are executing their own policy based on some historical animus or ancient blood slight that is mostly completely incomprehensible to their peers or the American people, but means they are hopelessly compromised.

The modern USA is now a crazy cosmopolitan mix of people loosely calling themselves Americans, but in many ways resembles a back packer hostel with nukes, and lots of carpet baggers are scrambling for positions of influence so they can extract a revenge of some sort on their tribal enemies using the cover of the US military and statecraft.

If the fat brothers want to work in US National Security or diplomacy, send them to Peru or Angola. That Ambassador woman should have been in Tierra del Fuego or Yap.

yep, it's a crazy situation. wasn't one of them offered the Ukrainian secretary of defence job or something.

if that's the level of closeness, there's something seriously wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:53 pm 

6.Jones wrote:
the fat brothers

I was the master of nicknames at school. I made up well over half of the ones that stuck.

Speaking of fat, I'm surprised by how much of a chubster Jay Sekulow is. He has Clark Kent's head on Donald Trump's body.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:55 pm 

merry! wrote:

The wrong sort of decorated military personnel?

I've not actually seen or heard of anything they've done wrong. There are some scurrilous rumours, but that hardly seems a sane starting point let alone a position to move forward from in judgement

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:57 pm 

piquant wrote:
merry! wrote:

I've not actually seen or heard of anything they've done wrong. There are some scurrilous rumours, but that hardly seems a sane starting point let alone a position to move forward from in judgement

good enough to impeach a president though, eh..

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:58 pm 

merry! wrote:
piquant wrote:
merry! wrote:

I remain unconvinced it's a case for impeachment. But Trump wasn't impeached because of the Vindman's, not even if one or both of them have acted as whistleblowers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:59 pm 

6.Jones wrote:
6.Jones wrote:
the fat brothers

Speaking of fat, I'm surprised by how much of a chubster Jay Sekulow is. He has Clark Kent's head on Donald Trump's body.

I would probably recommend Trump goes with 'The Brothers Fat', rather than the fat brothers. Catchier. Trump could do some good riffs about how they stole Pencil Neck Schiff's neck fat.

Last edited by Seneca of the Night on Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:59 pm 

piquant wrote:
merry! wrote:
piquant wrote:
merry! wrote:

I remain unconvinced it's a case for impeachment. But Trump wasn't impeached because of the Vindman's, not even if one or both of them have acted as whistleblowers

he's been impeached on hearsay.

that's the best sort of evidence these days.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:03 pm 

piquant wrote:
merry! wrote:

I am pretty sure that the Russian disinformation ministry is gearing up to produce plenty of these.

My FB feed has a pretty misogynistic piece about women who are against Trump and their inability to think for themselves, which seems to have Glavset all over it.

I expect more as the Presidential campaign heats up.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:05 pm 

piquant wrote:
merry! wrote:
piquant wrote:
merry! wrote:

I've been struggling to follow it, but didn't one of the fatties give the whistleblower the rough outline of the call, which then got Chinese whispered to ole pencil neck who turned it into a spaghetti western script?

Incidentally, I liked the story the other day that the whistleblower hosted a meeting in the white house in 2016 with Ukrainian officials to discuss the Bidens and Burisma. He swiped them all in and that's on the White House logs apparently. Hilarious.

Electric chair for these idiots before this is all out.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:06 pm 

Is bondi the one who doesn’t know Lev Parnas either?

Last edited by houtkabouter on Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:09 pm 

merry! wrote:
piquant wrote:
merry! wrote:
piquant wrote:
merry! wrote:

You can't say it is or it isn't, it depends on context. Supposing of course one understands what hearsay evidence even is, those claiming hearsay in and of itself is not reliable and shouldn't be used are using a trope based on ignorance or simply lying.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:10 pm 

So if I can summarise the Republican worldview. Putin's an ally, the best friend America could hope for. Corruption in Ukraine can be traced back to the Biden crime family, from when America had an African born Muslim as president. This was facilitated by two Ukrainian military officers, the suspiciously named Vindman brothers, who are currently deviously impersonating American military officers by wearing their uniforms in the White House. At the same time as all this was happening the Clinton crime family was cashing in on Hillary's position as Secretary of State by soliciting illegal donations from world leaders and laundering these through a global child prostitution ring based out of a pizza restaurant and managed using a Ukrainian email server co-located in the Clinton's Washington home. Did I miss anyone?

Last edited by 6.Jones on Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:11 pm 

houtkabouter wrote:
Is bondi the one day ho doesn’t know Lev Parnas either?

I don't understand these points. Firstly, you need to stick to the topic. Secondly, if I was a greasy dude with a bad toupee who existed in the margins of the political and intelligence world and went everywhere with a recording device on, never knowing when or why I needed some leverage, be it financial or legal, I would make it literally a key part of my job description to make sure I was hobnobbing with the powerful people I was looking to either get paid by or to doublecross, depending on how fate dealt its hands, and in particular I would be ensuring there were photographs.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:18 pm 

piquant wrote:
merry! wrote:

You can't say it is or it isn't, it depends on context. Supposing of course one understands what hearsay evidence even is, those claiming hearsay in and of itself is not reliable and shouldn't be used are using a trope based on ignorance or simply lying.

trouble with folk like you is you take everything so literally.

weekends must be a blast.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:21 pm 

So not a fixer for Trump who shows up everywhere Trump had/has dodgy dealings.

Rather a dodgy guy who coincidentally showed up in Trumps world frequently.

Okay, got it.

That makes so much sense.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:24 pm 

merry! wrote:
piquant wrote:
merry! wrote:

I think piquant was speaking metaphorically.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:25 pm 

merry! wrote:
BokJock wrote:
merry! wrote:

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/guess-who-was-charge-reviewing-boltons-leaked-book-nsc

no doubt the leakers' accounts of what's inside the draft are as accurate as schifty's account of the phone call.

I can't figure out why someone wrote that story.

what or who is zerohedge?

EDIT: the "article" was written by someone calling themselves Tyler Durden - I am an idiot for clicking on a link from Merry

breitbart better for you..?

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/01/26/source-alexander-vindmans-brother-yevgeny-clears-publications-by-nsc-officials/

What the state dept needs to do is ban people from working on any continent in which they have even one grandparent born. They've been big on using people who speak the language or know some local people, but all that happens is you get hopelessly corrupted people like these clowns, who are executing their own policy based on some historical animus or ancient blood slight that is mostly completely incomprehensible to their peers or the American people, but means they are hopelessly compromised.

The modern USA is now a crazy cosmopolitan mix of people loosely calling themselves Americans, but in many ways resembles a back packer hostel with nukes, and lots of carpet baggers are scrambling for positions of influence so they can extract a revenge of some sort on their tribal enemies using the cover of the US military and statecraft.

If the fat brothers want to work in US National Security or diplomacy, send them to Peru or Angola. That Ambassador woman should have been in Tierra del Fuego or Yap.

This is one of your wind up posts, Shirley?!?

Claiming the twins and "that ambassador woman" are corrupt based on nothing is Beckist or Hannityesque.

Stick with Tucker, he gets it right sometimes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:25 pm 

houtkabouter wrote:

Okay, got it.

It's not a coincidence though is it. Can you imagine how many dodgy guys inveigle their way into Trump's world? He must be the world's greatest magnet for those types. There's probably a force field around him now, but it's probably taken a while to get that built.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:28 pm 

houtkabouter wrote:

Okay, got it.

Only if you are completely gullible.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:28 pm 

houtkabouter wrote:

Isn't that Nunes?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:31 pm 

6.Jones wrote:
merry! wrote:
piquant wrote:
merry! wrote:

you would. :P

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:34 pm 

houtkabouter wrote:

Okay, got it.

It's not a coincidence though is it. Can you imagine how many dodgy guys inveigle their way into Trump's world? He must be the world's greatest magnet for those types. There's probably a force field around him now, but it's probably taken a while to get that built.

We don't have to imagine, they keep turning up arrested and on the news

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:45 pm 

merry! wrote:
6.Jones wrote:
merry! wrote:
piquant wrote:
merry! wrote:

you would. :P

I for one am fully behind Seneca's bid for the presidency.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:49 pm 

6.Jones wrote:
I for one am fully behind Seneca's bid for the presidency.

President of where? Israel? Ireland?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:57 pm 

6.Jones wrote:
merry! wrote:
piquant wrote:
merry! wrote:

I think this supporting Trump on this thread and in real life either don't understand hearsay evidence or lie about it. Then again this is the crowd worried their microwaves are watching them, so maybe the delusional, paranoid and conspiratorial ramblings should be viewed with more sympathy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:00 pm 

BokJock wrote:
houtkabouter wrote:

Okay, got it.

We don't have to imagine, they keep turning up arrested and on the news

There's actually a documentary made about the force field around Trump. Something to do with forests on a moon called Endor, but I forget the details.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:33 pm 

BokJock wrote:
houtkabouter wrote:

Isn't that Nunes?

There are photos of him with her.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:50 pm 

It’s quite funny to watch the mental gymnastics performed to connect Joe Biden to the Ukraine scandal.

Yet all the pictures, videos and documents connecting Lev Parnas to Trump, are so blithely ignored.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:56 pm 

houtkabouter wrote:
It’s quite funny to watch the mental gymnastics performed to connect Joe Biden to the Ukraine scandal.

Yet all the pictures, videos and documents connecting Lev Parnas to Trump, are so blithely ignored.

If Trump was guilty, would he have allowed pictures to be taken with these people? Clearly innocent.

Conversely Biden has never been seen talking to numerous criminals so you know that the deep state is protecting him. Clearly guilty.

As far as mental gymnastics go that is the standard Fox dismount...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:37 pm 

Quote:
Other Trump allies are also echoing this line, declaring that if Bolton is called, then “the floodgates are opened.

Republicans messages : interesting because this kind of implies that they are pretty sure dirt will come out of a Bolton testimony under oath, in other terms, they seem to worry that Trump is actually guilty, and that the only response is atomic war and therefore bringing Hunter Biden into the battle.

Says so much about how much they trust their President's honesty, and may explain why the "cover up" accusations did hit a sensitive point with them....

Leftist source for context :

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/01/27/romney-trial-impeachment-senate-trump-107171

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:46 pm 

houtkabouter wrote:

Okay, got it.

Like flies to shit I reckon.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:52 pm 

TheFrog wrote:
Quote:
Other Trump allies are also echoing this line, declaring that if Bolton is called, then “the floodgates are opened.

Republicans messages : interesting because this kind of implies that they are pretty sure dirt will come out of a Bolton testimony under oath, in other terms, they seem to worry that Trump is actually guilty, and that the only response is atomic war and therefore bringing Hunter Biden into the battle.

Says so much about how much they trust their President's honesty, and may explain why the "cover up" accusations did hit a sensitive point with them....

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/01/27/romney-trial-impeachment-senate-trump-107171

It's pretty moot how much of a stink the GOP provide about Biden's son IMHO and one with plenty of connotations a) it's a tacit admission that their initial line of defense for Trump was off the mark and trying to now pitch that Trump's actions needed to be done to counter the past corruption is fragile, if Bolton comes in and that then provides the impetus for Mulvaney who contradict that narrative it won't fly plus b) highly dangerous in that it'll appeal to sections the 'base' but be highly unpopular with a lot of the US general public, Biden is still a popular guy in many ways and trying drag his son through the mud to save Trump's skin is as risky as impeachment was for the Dems.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:32 pm 

Flockwitt wrote:
TheFrog wrote:
Quote:

It's pretty moot how much of a stink the GOP provide about Biden's son IMHO and one with plenty of connotations a) it's a tacit admission that their initial line of defense for Trump was off the mark and trying to now pitch that Trump's actions needed to be done to counter the past corruption is fragile, if Bolton comes in and that then provides the impetus for Mulvaney who contradict that narrative it won't fly plus b) highly dangerous in that it'll appeal to sections the 'base' but be highly unpopular with a lot of the US general public, Biden is still a popular guy in many ways and trying drag his son through the mud to save Trump's skin is as risky as impeachment was for the Dems.

The general public is not paying attention to the details of this. If you're a Democrat you're "hang the bastard". If you're a Republican you're "this is all a coup". The apolitical don't care and think they're all crooks. There is hardly anyone in this country that is watching all this, taking in the data with a straight face, and viewing it with a level of nuance. If those kinds of individuals were higher in number, C-SPAN would have higher ratings throughout the year.

I for one welcome President Pence. It'd ensure Sanders loses in November. :lol:

(I think at minimum the 4 suspected Republicans will force McConnell to have Bolton testify.)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:00 pm 

Flyin Ryan wrote:
Flockwitt wrote:
TheFrog wrote:
Quote:

The general public is not paying attention to the details of this. If you're a Democrat you're "hang the bastard". If you're a Republican you're "this is all a coup". The apolitical don't care and think they're all crooks. There is hardly anyone in this country that is watching all this, taking in the data with a straight face, and viewing it with a level of nuance. If those kinds of individuals were higher in number, C-SPAN would have higher ratings throughout the year.

I for one welcome President Pence. It'd ensure Sanders loses in November. :lol:

(I think at minimum the 4 suspected Republicans will force McConnell to have Bolton testify.)

Yes, at this point you might think Bolton will take center stage. The contortions on the GOP side not to go through with the impeachment from there will be curious. Guess they'll go for the doesn't reach impeachable conduct route.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:07 pm 

Their arguments saying that have already started.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:13 pm 

Some chutzpah Netanyahu & Trump have. Declaring their 2 state solution to the world.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:36 pm 

sorCrer wrote:
Some chutzpah Netanyahu & Trump have. Declaring their 2 state solution to the world.

Are you an anti-semite?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:44 pm 

sorCrer wrote:

Are you an anti-semite?

No.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:45 pm 

merry! wrote:
merry! wrote:

Bolton's probably going to deny this before the day is out. His lawyer and publishers are not happy. If he has any wriggle room on the content I reckon he'll take it. He won't want to be associated with the loser chuckle brothers, who are probably headed for the guillotine now.

yep, while I can see Bolton wanting to have a dig at trump, I can't see him wanting to be seen as a man who betrayed the president.

too much of a patriot for that, I reckon.

If he feels that the president has done wrong and has betrayed his office and the American people than then being a patriot would see him acting against Trump.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113034 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2661, 2662, 2663, 2664, 2665, 2666, 2667 ... 2826  Next