Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:59 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108441 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2675, 2676, 2677, 2678, 2679, 2680, 2681 ... 2712  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:10 pm 

Anonymous. wrote:
Ted. wrote:
Quote:
Kanye West announces plan to run for US president, has Elon Musk's 'full support'

Uh oh, that's nasty.

Hope that splits the right wing crazy vote

In 2020? or 2024?

If it's this year, he could conceivably take support from Biden in terms of the youth vote.

It's not so much "though the looking glass, people" but full on President Comacho.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:52 pm 

If Kanye runs as an independent it will hurt Biden more than Trump you'd think.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:58 pm 

I thought Kanye was a Trump supporter?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:24 pm 

Sensible Stephen wrote:
I thought Kanye was a Trump supporter?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:12 pm 

I'd say nobody would be stupid enough to vote for West, but people voted Trump so an IQ over 75 puts people in the running with the voters

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:37 pm 

When I saw this yard sign in my neighborhood I must admit, Kanye West's name didn't immediately jump out at me

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:03 pm 

piquant wrote:
I'd say nobody would be stupid enough to vote for West, but people voted Trump so an IQ over 75 puts people in the running with the voters

Well yes.

If the last 4 years has taught us anything it's that you don't have to be particularly smart to be the President of the US of A.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:52 pm 

Rinkals wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
Ted. wrote:
Quote:
Kanye West announces plan to run for US president, has Elon Musk's 'full support'

Uh oh, that's nasty.

In 2020? or 2024?

If it's this year, he could conceivably take support from Biden in terms of the youth vote.

It's not so much "though the looking glass, people" but full on President Comacho.

it is America but if you intend voting Democrat why on earth would you vote for a Make America Great Again nutcase

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:18 am 

Trump is now claiming that 99% of covid-19 cases are totally harmless. The USA has had 2,976,662 cases and 132,549 deaths. It has been a while since I studied maths but I reckon that means a mortality rate of 4.45%. Not sure where Trump gets his 99% harmless.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:31 am 

Others would know better than me, but I am pretty sure that some of those who survive suffer significant degrees of lung damage etc.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:59 am 

Kiwias wrote:
Trump is now claiming that 99% of covid-19 cases are totally harmless. The USA has had 2,976,662 cases and 132,549 deaths. It has been a while since I studied maths but I reckon that means a mortality rate of 4.45%. Not sure where Trump gets his 99% harmless.

He might well be correct given the amount of asymptomatic cases that must be wandering around. But that ain’t a good thing obviously.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:01 am 

Sinkers wrote:
Kiwias wrote:

He might well be correct given the amount of asymptomatic cases that must be wandering around. But that ain’t a good thing obviously.

Does anyone believe that Trump actually knows the number of asymptomatic cases?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:39 am 

Kiwias wrote:
Sinkers wrote:
Kiwias wrote:

Considering testing is bad, absolutely not. But a stopped clock and all that - he might have ironically stumbled into actually being correct for a change.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:51 am 

So he will be happy with 3 million deaths in the US?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:30 am 

Sinkers wrote:
Kiwias wrote:

Then again he probably isn't

Quote:
Chest Computed Tomography Findings in Asymptomatic Patients with COVID-19

Background: Little is known about the damage to the respiratory system in asymptomatic patients with coronavirus disease (COVID-19). Objective: Herein, we evaluated the findings of chest computed tomography (CT) and radiography in patients with COVID-19 who were asymptomatic. Methods: We retrospectively investigated patients with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19 but who did not show any symptoms. Among the 139 patients with COVID-19 who were hospitalized, 10 (7.2%) were asymptomatic. Their chest CT and radiographic findings were analyzed. Results: In the results, all patients (100%) had ground glass opacity (GGO) on chest CT. Further, the GGO lesions were predominantly distributed peripherally and posteriorly in all patients. In 9 (90%) patients, the GGO lesions were combined with reticular opacity. Air-bronchogram due to bronchiolectasis surrounded by GGO was observed in 8 patients (80%). Additionally, the lung lesions were dominant on the right side in all patients. Conclusions: In conclusion, considering our results that the lung is affected in asymptomatic patients, it will be necessary to extend the indications of COVID-19 testing for effective management of COVID-19 during the pandemic.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 20096370v1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:05 am 

Anonymous. wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
Ted. wrote:
Quote:

Uh oh, that's nasty.

In 2020? or 2024?

it is America but if you intend voting Democrat why on earth would you vote for a Make America Great Again nutcase

Because you are young and both Biden and Trump are in their seventies. You may also be a fan.

Did you read my post? I specifically referred to the youth vote.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:18 am 

Rinkals wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:

Because you are young and both Biden and Trump are in their seventies. You may also be a fan.

I read your post and I remember being young and old cunts taking us for idiots. Kanye West getting into the game and saying he is new and will bring fresh ideas could be attractive but he isn't new into the game is he. He has already shown himself to be a MAGA.

Last edited by Anonymous. on Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:20 am 

RuggaBugga wrote:
Santa wrote:
terangi48 wrote:

Was just looking at the Worldometer Table..........and wondered if the largest death rates are linked to...

* Population

* Health systems

* Leadership

* Medical Expertise or lack of

Stop with the pussyfooting around tell us about New Zealand.

Why don't you give us your take on the numbers then expert? With particular emphasis on say the top five? No links, just Santa's own thoughts laid bare for all to marvel at.

Not that you will of course because you're full of shit.

P.S. please don't play the man because we all know how much you hate that.

No reply yet? Colour me surprised :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:46 am 

Kiwias wrote:
Sinkers wrote:
Kiwias wrote:

No one actually knows the proportions of asymptomatic cases, as the numbers seem to vary so wildly that it's hard to pin it down. The WHO has put it at 80%, but that appears to be at the high end of a range of figures. There have been plenty of mass tests on people exposed to covid-19 who have been tested regardless of symptoms. And proportions of asymptomatics appear to range from 30-80%.

Perhaps it's non-fatal to 99% (maybe even 99.5%), but that does not mean harmless.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:00 am 

Anonymous. wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:

I read your post and I remember being young and old cunts taking us for idiots. Kanye West getting into the game and saying he is new and will bring fresh ideas could be attractive but he isn't new into the game is he. He has already shown himself to be a MAGA.

That implies that wanting to "Make America Great Again" is somehow a tarnished agenda, but a lot of Americans seem to view that as a desirable objective. Even the youth.

Your original statement was that you thought (or you hoped) that West might fracture Trump's support, but I'm of the opinion that Trump's support (such as remains) is pretty steadfast, and the only campaign he will damage is Biden's.

We have already seen that being a celebrity is the fastest way to the White House and I don't doubt that Kanye West will accrue a significant amount of votes, but I doubt they'll come at Trump's expense.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:18 am 

Rinkals wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:

That implies that wanting to "Make America Great Again" is somehow a tarnished agenda, but a lot of Americans seem to view that as a desirable objective. Even the youth.

Your original statement was that you thought (or you hoped) that West might fracture Trump's support, but I'm of the opinion that Trump's support (such as remains) is pretty steadfast, and the only campaign he will damage is Biden's.

We have already seen that being a celebrity is the fastest way to the White House and I don't doubt that Kanye West will accrue a significant amount of votes, but I doubt they'll come at Trump's expense.

FFS

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:28 am 

Rinkals wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:

I suspect something similar, actually.

Obviously the hardcore Trump support - consisting of QAnon conspiracy theorists, racists, pensioners and kleptocrats - will not be swayed by Kanye. Each for different reasons. But some of the voters who will be going to Biden purely as a vote against Trump and his appalling record as president may instead be swayed to vote against Trump by going to Kanye instead.

I'm not sure that MAGA is as tainted as Trump is personally. There may be people who still stick to the vague ideas behind MAGA, but are disillusioned by Trump's record. They might be polling for Biden against Trump because Trump's done a terrible job. But they might be tempted to third party by someone who is more closely aligned with them than Biden is.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:28 am 

Rinkals wrote:
I don't doubt that Kanye West will accrue a significant amount of votes, but I doubt they'll come at Trump's expense.

I do, though I also didn't imagine people could actually bring themselves to vote for someone so obviously corrupt, thick and unpleasant as Trump.

Has West made any practical moves to actually register anywhere as an option people could vote for? Because there is some slim chance he just wants his name in the news

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:46 am 

Anonymous. wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:

FFS

I really don't know what your issue is with that.

I suspect that you have accepted the Bimbo's notion that I'm a moron (although Bimbo claims that I'm not sufficiently intelligent to be considered moronic) and that you tend to judge my posts on that basis.

Which is fine: you can call me a moron, or worse if you like.

But if you simply say "FFS", then I have no idea of what your issue is with my post, no opportunity to explain what I mean and the debate cannot go forward. Perhaps you don't want it to go forward?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:00 pm 

piquant wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
I don't doubt that Kanye West will accrue a significant amount of votes, but I doubt they'll come at Trump's expense.

I do, though I also didn't imagine people could actually bring themselves to vote for someone so obviously corrupt, thick and unpleasant as Trump.

Has West made any practical moves to actually register anywhere as an option people could vote for? Because there is some slim chance he just wants his name in the news

As I understand it, they look at his wealth and assume that

a) he's a smart businessman and
b) that he is already so rich that (in rather flawed logic) he is incorruptible. I'm told that his salary as President is paid to charity, although Trump's history of donating to charity does have a pretty dismal track record.

As I mentioned to Anon, I'm specifically referring to the youth vote which will find it a lot easier to identify with KW than either Biden or Trump. The BLM agitators, too, may feel that he can represent them better than Biden (old, white male) or Trump (old, white idiot).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:14 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:20 pm 

Rinkals wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:

FFS

I really don't know what your issue is with that.

I suspect that you have accepted the Bimbo's notion that I'm a moron (although Bimbo claims that I'm not sufficiently intelligent to be considered moronic) and that you tend to judge my posts on that basis.

Which is fine: you can call me a moron, or worse if you like.

But if you simply say "FFS", then I have no idea of what your issue is with my post, no opportunity to explain what I mean and the debate cannot go forward. Perhaps you don't want it to go forward?

A MAGA is a Trump supporter. It's not the same thing as sitting down with someone and asking them would you like to make America great gain. You've got a president who inherited a booming economy in the longest run of economic growth the country had ever seen. As far as making America great again was concerned he just had to not fuck up what he inherited. He has royally f**ked the country over and made it more divided than it's been for decades. He has made the country a laughing stock around the world. Hes turned a blind eye to Russia offering bounties on US servicemen while asking for Russia to be readmitted to the G7. Yet his supporters still walk around with those MAGA hats on their noggins.

No the Agenda isn't tarnished but post Trump someone is going to have to make America great again.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:18 pm 

If you are saying that KW is tarnished goods because he wore a red hat and sat on Donald Trump's lap, I'm not sure I agree with you.

By declaring that he's available to run against Trump, he's pretty well disassociated himself from the man, but retained the patriotic trappings which took Trump to office in the first place.

Anyone who voted for Trump in 2016 but who has now been turned off Trump and who would now be voting for Biden, can now see a candidate who would be closer to what he wanted in 2016.

Also, the BLM protesters will see someone who they feel is a better bet than some aged old white man.

I hope that explains my reasoning for suspecting that Biden will see his share of the vote diminish, while Trump's remains constant.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:23 pm 

Rinkals wrote:
piquant wrote:
Rinkals wrote:

b) that he is already so rich that (in rather flawed logic) he is incorruptible. I'm told that his salary as President is paid to charity, although Trump's history of donating to charity does have a pretty dismal track record.

As I mentioned to Anon, I'm specifically referring to the youth vote which will find it a lot easier to identify with KW than either Biden or Trump. The BLM agitators, too, may feel that he can represent them better than Biden (old, white male) or Trump (old, white idiot).

But will he actually be an option for anyone to vote for? When this story broke there was nothing to suggest that would be the case, leaving West just wanted some publicity as the only thing to take from it

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:41 pm 

piquant wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
piquant wrote:
Rinkals wrote:

But will he actually be an option for anyone to vote for? When this story broke there was nothing to suggest that would be the case, leaving West just wanted some publicity as the only thing to take from it

Possibly.

If he takes votes from anyone, though, I suspect it'll be from Biden. Trump's voters are probably already committed.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:35 pm 

Rinkals wrote:
piquant wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
piquant wrote:
Rinkals wrote:

Possibly.

If he takes votes from anyone, though, I suspect it'll be from Biden. Trump's voters are probably already committed.

Only likely to be true if Trump's vote has already been reduced to a hard core rump, in which case he's going to lose anyway. But I suspect there is still some fat there.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:51 pm 

Rinkals wrote:
piquant wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
piquant wrote:
Rinkals wrote:

Possibly.

Or at least, they should be....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:59 pm 

koroke hangareka wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
piquant wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
piquant wrote:

Possibly.

Only likely to be true if Trump's vote has already been reduced to a hard core rump, in which case he's going to lose anyway. But I suspect there is still some fat there.

Do you think that fat would move to Kanye West?

As I see it, Biden's support is contingent on the fact that he's "not Trump". He is, however, a seventy-something old white guy with a speech impediment and a son who might be involved in murky undertakings, so he's not that far off.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:25 pm 

Rinkals wrote:
Possibly.

Are you supposing he takes votes from the black vote, the youth vote, or some mix thereof? And what % of those are likely voters? I think he's a non factor, especially when Biden is so popular with black voters

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:32 pm 

piquant wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
Possibly.

Are you supposing he takes votes from the black vote, the youth vote, or some mix thereof? And what % of those are likely voters? I think he's a non factor, especially when Biden is so popular with black voters

I hope you're right.

However Americans do seem to be pretty enamored of celebrity politicians and, although I doubt he'd be sufficiently popular to win a Presidential election, I don't think he would be roundly ignored.

I would expect him to pick up mainly the youth vote and I would imagine (I'm no expert, this is all surmising) that black voters would see him as being more likely to address their issues, particularly with respect to judicial injustice and police brutality than either Trump or Biden.

Both of those groups would probably be more likely to support Biden than Trump.

So, I'd imagine that his intervention (should he proceed) would be more likely to assist Trump than Biden.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:02 pm 

Rinkals wrote:
piquant wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
Possibly.

I hope you're right.

However Americans do seem to be pretty enamored of celebrity politicians and, although I doubt he'd be sufficiently popular to win a Presidential election, I don't think he would be roundly ignored.

I would expect him to pick up mainly the youth vote and I would imagine (I'm no expert, this is all surmising) that black voters would see him as being more likely to address their issues, particularly with respect to judicial injustice and police brutality than either Trump or Biden.

So, I'd imagine that his intervention (should he proceed) would be more likely to assist Trump than Biden.

And given that Kanye is a Trumpist, and this could boost both Trump's campaign (especially if he went for Biden and left Trump alone) and Kanye's profile, it might be a win-win for him and his big orange daddy.

Maybe Trump knows not to ask foreign governments to help him win, just ask Kanye.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:17 pm 

4071 wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
piquant wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
Possibly.

I hope you're right.

And given that Kanye is a Trumpist, and this could boost both Trump's campaign (especially if he went for Biden and left Trump alone) and Kanye's profile, it might be a win-win for him and his big orange daddy.

Maybe Trump knows not to ask foreign governments to help him win, just ask Kanye.

My thinking exactly.

It wouldn't surprise me if Trump's own re-election team cooked this up between them.

(Is that maybe a conspiracy theory too far?)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:24 am 

puku wrote:
When I saw this yard sign in my neighborhood I must admit, Kanye West's name didn't immediately jump out at me

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:10 am 

I just had a "Latinos for Trump" Zoom chat appear on my FB feed, and among the 4 Latinos they picked to best represent the campaign they included, I shit you not, Mike Pence's nephew John.

Sound was off, so I don't know what they were talking about. John does have a better tan than his uncle (or dad).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:05 am 

The GOP won't have 2 candidates in KW and Shitgibbon. KW would only stand as an independent, and he will be insignificant.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108441 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2675, 2676, 2677, 2678, 2679, 2680, 2681 ... 2712  Next