Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:02 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109482 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2692, 2693, 2694, 2695, 2696, 2697, 2698 ... 2738  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:12 pm 

Nice bit of whataboutery.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:23 pm 

piquant wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
piquant wrote:
Just not actively sought by the President and then with evidence of that being hidden on the grounds of national security when really it's only politically embarrassing before going on to obstruct legitimate investigations and behaving disgustingly toward those who've sought an investigation or testified to their knowledge of the facts. But apart from that it's par for the course

Wasn't Muller's conclusion that Trump's team were interested in courting Russian assistance (as confirmed by Trump himself to George Stephanopoulos) but that they were too thick to understand the Russian overtures on the matter?

Bokkom is right that we've been over this before, but clearly the passage of time has simply served to erase what happened in the past and replace it with a version more acceptable to Trump's base.

Fwiw I think they phrased it along the lines of their being similar goals between Team Orange and those Russians aiming to advance a Trump win but there wasn't evidence of coordinating those efforts. And tbf you might suggest it showed intelligence not stupidity not to leave one open to possible criminal charges, whether intentionally by actually choosing not to engage in such acts or by sufficiently hiding the evidence
I think what he was referring to was Mueller’s decision to not prosecute Trump Jr. because they couldn’t prove he acted "willfully" to violate applicable campaign finance law. That was the basis for some of the “too dumb” stories.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:57 am 

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/02/former-clinton-advisor-warns-mike-bloomberg-before-you-put-hillary-on-your-ticket-better-hire-a-taster/

dick morris did not kill himself.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:58 am 

6.Jones wrote:
Ted. wrote:
:lol: Suggestions are now facts, even inconvenient facts. None of these people who are commentating on here know a blind bit about evidence, giving or presenting it, or care. They're just lairs and/or ignorant fools. This BW chap though takes the cake. Has anyone worked out whose' multi he is?

I'm Woodacus.

:x

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:00 am 

zt1903 wrote:
Ted. wrote:
zt1903 wrote:
Seneca of the Night wrote:
Tucker went huge on Roger Stone tonight. Lead story. Everyone is corrupt, etc etc. Trump MUST issue an immediate pardon, says tucker.

I don't think he'll pardon Stone. I think he's more useful to Trump as a symbol of the corruption of the "do nothing Dems".

Following on from your earlier reply to me, man there is so much wrong with both replies, but especially that right there, I can only hope you are taking the piss. Ha ha ha! :thumbup:

Not taking the piss, just think you’ve missed the point.

I’m not saying that he is symbolic at all, just that this is how Trump is using the situation. Gives him ammunition for his tweets about swamp things, 12 angry democrats, the Mueller witch hunt, Russia hoax. Etc. Why pardon him when he’s more useful this way.

Well, for a start, it's nasty and very unbecoming. :uhoh:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:35 am 

Ted. wrote:
6.Jones wrote:
Ted. wrote:
:lol: Suggestions are now facts, even inconvenient facts. None of these people who are commentating on here know a blind bit about evidence, giving or presenting it, or care. They're just lairs and/or ignorant fools. This BW chap though takes the cake. Has anyone worked out whose' multi he is?

I'm Woodacus.

I'm sorry Ted, I really did mean to stop trolling the TDS types, because it's rather too ' fish in a barrel' to be completely sporting. But , fvck me , it's hard to resist when the inconvenient facts keep on coming.

''Roger Stone jury foreperson's anti-Trump social media posts surface after she defends DOJ prosecutors
Gregg Re By Gregg Re | Fox News''

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/roger- ... -media.amp

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:43 am 

Those with the worst case of TDS seem to be the ones who mention it the most.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:47 am 

Backwoodsman1 wrote:
Ted. wrote:
6.Jones wrote:
Ted. wrote:

I'm Woodacus.

I'm sorry Ted, I really did mean to stop trolling the TDS types, because it's rather too ' fish in a barrel' to be completely sporting. But , fvck me , it's hard to resist when the inconvenient facts keep on coming.

''Roger Stone jury foreperson's anti-Trump social media posts surface after she defends DOJ prosecutors
Gregg Re By Gregg Re | Fox News''

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/roger- ... -media.amp

Probably the singular significant achievement of the Obama presidency: the complete takeover of the administrate and judicial bureaucracy by the Dems and a naked politicisation of it. Two tier justice system now in operation. I doubt it can be fixed.

It's a bit like the Blair govennemt, which continues to exercise its power from beyond the grave with its control of quangos and upper reaches of civil service, diplomacy, etc. So complete is this boomer dominance that ready replacememts are not apparent. It's like australian cricket team after Warne etc - seconds have just gone off to do something else.

Problem across West.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:49 am 

Trump looking to assemble govt of chads and beckies (Karens / AWFLs = dems) to fix.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:34 am 

While we have something of a downtime in the action, it's worth reminding certain posters of the contents of the Wikileaks Podesta e-mails , with respect to the reliability of the media !

hacker Guccifer 2.0 in October revealed which journalists were cozy with the Clinton campaign. Included in the leak was a list of reporters who attended an off-the-record cocktail party with Clinton campaign strategist Joel Benenson, a list that included several New York Times reporters and Thrush.

Another document in the leak revealed the campaign’s strategies for placing stories with friendly journalists and described the New York Times’ Maggie Haberman (who was then with Politico) as a “friendly journalist.”

A memo reportedly created by traveling press secretary Nick Merrill stated, “We are all in agreement that the time is right place a story with a friendly journalist in the coming days that positions us a little more transparently while achieving the above goals.”

“We have has a very good relationship with Maggie Haberman of Politico over the last year. We have had her tee up stories for us before and have never been disappointed,” the memo continued. “While we should have a larger conversation in the near future about a broader strategy for reengaging the beat press that covers HRC, for this we think we can achieve our objective and do the most shaping by going to Maggie.”

Follow Hasson on Twitter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:06 pm 

Backwoodsman1 wrote:
While we have something of a downtime in the action, it's worth reminding certain posters of the contents of the Wikileaks Podesta e-mails , with respect to the reliability of the media !

hacker Guccifer 2.0 in October revealed which journalists were cozy with the Clinton campaign. Included in the leak was a list of reporters who attended an off-the-record cocktail party with Clinton campaign strategist Joel Benenson, a list that included several New York Times reporters and Thrush.

Another document in the leak revealed the campaign’s strategies for placing stories with friendly journalists and described the New York Times’ Maggie Haberman (who was then with Politico) as a “friendly journalist.”

A memo reportedly created by traveling press secretary Nick Merrill stated, “We are all in agreement that the time is right place a story with a friendly journalist in the coming days that positions us a little more transparently while achieving the above goals.”

“We have has a very good relationship with Maggie Haberman of Politico over the last year. We have had her tee up stories for us before and have never been disappointed,” the memo continued. “While we should have a larger conversation in the near future about a broader strategy for reengaging the beat press that covers HRC, for this we think we can achieve our objective and do the most shaping by going to Maggie.”

Follow Hasson on Twitter

What are your thoughts on Q?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:59 pm 

They are everywhere :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:26 pm 

Backwoodsman1 wrote:

Follow Hasson on Twitter

Mmm... pretty much business as usual for any prominent politician... or did I miss the point?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:54 pm 

TheFrog wrote:
Backwoodsman1 wrote:

Follow Hasson on Twitter

Mmm... pretty much business as usual for any prominent politician... or did I miss the point?

I'm not sure there is a point. It's not as if Trump doesn't pick and choose who might be friendly to him in the media. Or go out of his way to try and discredit and journo or media outlet that doesn't sing his praises.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:05 pm 

Seneca of the Night wrote:
One of the main features of this thread is the posting of devastating destructive gotcha memes in which the never trumpers think they are DESTROYING the trumpers when in actual fact they are taking precisely the wrong message from it.

Take HK's characteristically stupid meme: Buttigeg is by far and away better qualified for President for Trump because look at all these awards and degrees and elite institutions he has behind him: the man has been groomed for leadership by the elites at our very best academies. How can you not accept that?

Well, the situation is this: our elites actually think that a swotty gitty twatty howdie dudie walking TED TALK fake twat is a leader of men and nations. And that's the kind of person they are pumping out of these institutions to lead us and to perform those jobs.

IT IS A JOKE. And the people know it.

Which is why they elect Private Bonespurs, that MAN of steel, courage and integrity...

Fixxed.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:09 pm 

Limbaugh is correct about Mayor Pete. The Septics will never elect a gay man. Too many evangelicals, rednecks and homophobes in the US.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:13 pm 

obelixtim wrote:
Limbaugh is correct about Mayor Pete. The Septics will never elect a gay man. Too many evangelicals, rednecks and homophobes in the US.

I wonder if that's why he's running now, so young, and without the experience a lot of people would look for in a leader, running against Trump might give him a shot he'd never get because of the hangups many will have about his sexuality

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:34 am 

Nice flyby at the Daytona 500.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:37 am 

Fat Old Git wrote:
TheFrog wrote:
Backwoodsman1 wrote:

Follow Hasson on Twitter

I'm not sure there is a point. It's not as if Trump doesn't pick and choose who might be friendly to him in the media. Or go out of his way to try and discredit and journo or media outlet that doesn't sing his praises.

Yep, I think you missed it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:50 am 

Or perhaps I'm just being kind.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:26 am 

Quote:
Yet Trump — who doesn't read or digest detailed intelligence assessments, according to current and former officials — says he operates on instinct. "I have a gut, and my gut tells me more sometimes than anybody else's brain can ever tell me," he said in answer to a question about the economy during an interview in November 2018.

Scary, in other words tRump guesses. He can't stomach facts or names, doesn't know where countries are, yet he goes on gut instinct. Certainly a rotund gut. Merika!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:13 am 

So the media says we're about to see Trump unleashed. He's already unhinged. Doesn't sound stable to me. Would that make him unmoored?

Will he drift away into the sunlit uplands of dementia, like a cloud?

Or melt, and fall to the ground?

Either way, it's gonna be one helluva ride [with apologies to Sandra Bullock in Gravity].

I have a bad feeling about this mission.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:51 am 

@ Jonsey, Look at The Optimist and Ted's posts, I don't think they are quite ready to learn that a highly planned military intelligence op has matters in hand and that they are going to be very disappointed with the outcome !!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:01 am 

The Optimist wrote:
Quote:
Yet Trump — who doesn't read or digest detailed intelligence assessments, according to current and former officials — says he operates on instinct. "I have a gut, and my gut tells me more sometimes than anybody else's brain can ever tell me," he said in answer to a question about the economy during an interview in November 2018.

Scary, in other words tRump guesses. He can't stomach facts or names, doesn't know where countries are, yet he goes on gut instinct. Certainly a rotund gut. Merika!

But this sort of behaviour only extends to thing like nuclear weapons, going back to him taking office some of his military briefers tried to explain how nuclear weapons actually worked and Trump curtailed the briefing saying something along the lines of 'yeah, yeah I know all that', despite patently not having a clue.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:52 am 

piquant wrote:
The Optimist wrote:
Quote:

But this sort of behaviour only extends to thing like nuclear weapons, going back to him taking office some of his military briefers tried to explain how nuclear weapons actually worked and Trump curtailed the briefing saying something along the lines of 'yeah, yeah I know all that', despite patently not having a clue.

He has all the clues needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Elhyo-_fR0E

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:25 am 

Trump has set the bar so low that not yet using nukes is seen as measured restraint.
All his diabolical behaviour so far has come despite him knowing he needs to appeal to moderates again to get re-elected. An unleashed Trump with 4 years of nothing to lose is going to be something.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:54 pm 

The letter being signed by former DoJ officials calling on Barr to resign is now well over 1,000 signatories and these are people affiliated to both major parties. Somehow they've gotten the impression Barr is what some might describe as corrupt, or at the very least working for Trump and not the people.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:46 pm 

piquant wrote:
The letter being signed by former DoJ officials calling on Barr to resign is now well over 1,000 signatories and these are people affiliated to both major parties. Somehow they've gotten the impression Barr is what some might describe as corrupt, or at the very least working for Trump and not the people.

Obviously all suffering from TDS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:55 pm 

BokJock wrote:
piquant wrote:

A number of them have worked with Barr in the past obviously, and I suspect prior to Barr's return to the AG's office would have signed a letter saying he respected the office he worked for whether or not they also agreed with his conservative political take. I know it's been said over and over that Trump corrupts and drags others down to his levels, but it is astonishing to see how happily complicit so many are.

Edit - I don't know if the letter is signed by any former Attorneys General

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:24 pm 

I see Trump got record numbers to turn out and vote for him during the Republican primaries, this despite there isn't any credible opposition. Whatever else you might care to say about him, he's an effective politician. And he's got a loaded war chest... the friggin' guy was charging over 1/2 million US dollars to attend a fund raising dinner, which people paid.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:47 pm 

piquant wrote:

Deep State.

Spoiler: show

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:49 pm 

piquant wrote:
BokJock wrote:
piquant wrote:

A number of them have worked with Barr in the past obviously, and I suspect prior to Barr's return to the AG's office would have signed a letter saying he respected the office he worked for whether or not they also agreed with his conservative political take. I know it's been said over and over that Trump corrupts and drags others down to his levels, but it is astonishing to see how happily complicit so many are.

Edit - I don't know if the letter is signed by any former Attorneys General

You are some kind of sucker. You just keep going back for more. Again and again.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:51 pm 

Flockwitt wrote:
I see Trump got record numbers to turn out and vote for him during the Republican primaries, this despite there isn't any credible opposition. Whatever else you might care to say about him, he's an effective politician. And he's got a loaded war chest... the friggin' guy was charging over 1/2 million US dollars to attend a fund raising dinner, which people paid.

Mike Bloomberg is reported to be very concerned about Trump's spending powers.

Actually, in a lot of US election races if you don't spend all the campaign money you can simply keep it, just one of the very odd ways the US has legalised corruption, does that apply to Presidential races? Which is to say is Trump going to have to decide between spending on his campaign and having some actual money for a change?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:17 am 

Flockwitt wrote:

It was not record numbers for primaries, but it's large numbers in comparison to what incumbent presidents with not serious challengers normally get. Think the Obama 2012 NH Democrat number was between a quarter to a third.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:45 am 

Flyin Ryan wrote:
Flockwitt wrote:

It was not record numbers for primaries, but it's large numbers in comparison to what incumbent presidents with not serious challengers normally get. Think the Obama 2012 NH Democrat number was between a quarter to a third.

Trump got more than Obama did in both Iowa and NH. Whatever... just wanted to make the point. Trumps base is still rock solid.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:12 am 

piquant wrote:
Flockwitt wrote:

Actually, in a lot of US election races if you don't spend all the campaign money you can simply keep it, just one of the very odd ways the US has legalised corruption, does that apply to Presidential races? Which is to say is Trump going to have to decide between spending on his campaign and having some actual money for a change?

You mean American money rather than Russian money?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:26 am 

zt1903 wrote:

You're a weirdo . What sort of Scot would actually be giving it the ra ra for a properly odd US President.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:41 am 

EverReady wrote:
zt1903 wrote:

You're a weirdo . What sort of Scot would actually be giving it the ra ra for a properly odd US President.

Was Trump even there in 2004?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:58 am 

piquant wrote:
Flockwitt wrote:

I doubt he's concerned. More likely amused. He has an actual $62.8b. He's spent $350m on warming up. The Republican National Committee have raised about $300 m in total. That's about one month's interest on Bloomberg's personal fortune. It's the Democrats who are worried. Bloomberg will be laughing. He could outspend Trump by 10x and it'd still be less than he swings on the markets each year. He's a beast. Financially speaking. If only he wasn't another complete cnut he'd be the perfect candidate.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:06 am 

You seem impressed by wealth. Good for you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109482 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2692, 2693, 2694, 2695, 2696, 2697, 2698 ... 2738  Next