Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2700, 2701, 2702, 2703, 2704, 2705, 2706 ... 2708  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:11 pm 

Santa wrote:
Trump has no power to delay the election you fucktards.

We know that. It's Trump who doesn't. But everyone is a fucktard but him?

You really are a cretin.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:17 pm 

Waratah wrote:
Santa wrote:

You really are a cretin.

It's a wind up. Plenty of time x cheeky little monkey = Senta

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:28 pm 

Here's a good explainer.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.co ... index.html

Let's circle back on this later.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:28 pm 

piquant wrote:
4071 wrote:
ticketlessinseattle wrote:
that Biden is still making gains and now marginally ahead of orange shitgibbon in Texas while literally sitting in a bunker and saying nothing has got to scare the sh1t out of Trump

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politic ... ils-biden/

It's why he's trying to tempt Joe out.

Trump managed to win in 2016 because people so many people voted against Clinton. As long as Joe stays out of the way, people will not vote against him.

At the stage, Trump can only gain by Biden coming out and being a public figure who can be attacked.

Voted against Clinton and for Trump, or voted against Clinton and for Stein (ignoring for a moment the number of votes for Stein Vs Johnson)? And were either of those problems actually as big as the lower voter turnout period?

The low voter turnout was probably a reflection on what 2 horrible candidates were put forward.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:30 pm 

puku wrote:
Poor old Satan, laboring under the misconception that there are posters posting who think Trump has the power to delay the 2020 election. Fücktard indeed.

We all know, well apart from wee Satan, that Trump knows that he is fücked and made his tweet to:

1) distract from the historical 33% contraction in the US economy

2) distract from the fact that Herman Cain, who attended Trump's Tulsa gig and who tested positive for SARS-Cov2 a week later, died today from Covid-19

3) lay the ground work for an excuse if he loses the 2020 election.

The later goes to his thinking on what he thinks his real chances are.

I heard 32.9%, so you may want to curtail your gross exaggeration. The rest all sounds about right

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:33 pm 

Biffer29 wrote:
There's probably someone who knows a hell of a lot more than me about consitutional law, but I saw something a while back saying that even if the election was delayed, Trump and Pence's terms come to an end regardless and a president is appointed by congress. Anyone know if that's right?

12th Amendment contingency.

It's not a matter of delaying the election, but disputing the result. In the event that no candidate achieves a 270 electoral vote majority, it goes to Congress. Each state receives 1 vote each, regardless of population (the basis for the electoral college). It's possible in this scenario Trump would win, as the GOP control a majority of state legislatures.

If enough GOP-controlled states refused to honour the results in their states, on the basis, say, of suspected electoral fraud, and their electoral college delegates declined to award their votes to the winner, it's possible Biden would not reach 270.

It's very unlikely, but it's possible, and you would be brave to bet against the GOP pulling any possible stunt to engineer this outcome.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:44 pm 

The White House has called the press corps in. Trump has nothing in his schedule for the next hour. Suggestion is he's going to start a press conference as soon as Obama starts speaking at John Lewis' funeral in the hope that cable news channels will cover him instead of the funeral.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:20 pm 

4071 wrote:
More people who identified as Democrat voted for Trump than people who identified as Republican voted for Clinton. And surveys of peoples attitudes showed that more people thought that Trump was unsuited to be president than they did Clinton, but more of the people who thought that he was unsuited voted for him anyway. I don't have the figures to hand, but something like 40% of people who thought that Trump was unsuited to be President or didn't have the temperament for the job voted for him anyway. That figure was FAR lower for Clinton - something like 10%.

It seemed that a lot of people held their nose and voted Trump because they didn't want Clinton, or because they didn't think he would win. Now he has a record in politics (and an extraordinary record of failure at that) he no longer has the advantage of being a protest vote or a hail mary vote. He has to run based on his performance, rather than his rhetoric.

This is one of a number of exit polls suggesting that 10-12% of those who voted for Bernie Sanders in the 2016 primaries voted for Trump in the election. On the face of it this would seem to represent extraordinary spite, which isn't so unrealistic if you've experienced the angry fanaticism of a lot of Sanders supporters.

Like similar articles this one presents several caveats. One which isn't canvassed, but to my mind could be a legitimate factor, is the number of GOP voters in open primaries who were always going to vote for Trump but voted for Sanders in the primaries on the basis Trump had a better chance of beating him than Clinton. Even if you split the difference, though, and call it 1 in 20 Sanders primary voters who voted Trump out of spite, it could still have been significant in crucial swing states.

There's so much that applied to 2016 which favoured Trump, but doesn't in 2020, and so much more since... Biden would have to fudge up immensely between now and November to lose this.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:25 pm 

Biffer29 wrote:
The White House has called the press corps in. Trump has nothing in his schedule for the next hour. Suggestion is he's going to start a press conference as soon as Obama starts speaking at John Lewis' funeral in the hope that cable news channels will cover him instead of the funeral.

'I just want to say that all those president guys were totally wrong, was a funeral but you know say what you want, it's your funeral so whatever but I wanted to go but I thought respect no I won't bring all the attention away like those guys. Hope he rests in heaven. God bless him and I don't think he even agreed with mail in voting if you look at his record'

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:31 pm 

Waratah wrote:
Santa wrote:

You really are a cretin.

his logic stands up ; anyone who thinks Trump can delay the election is a fcuktard....Trump thinks he can delay the election....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:07 pm 

ticketlessinseattle wrote:
Waratah wrote:
Santa wrote:

You really are a cretin.

his logic stands up ; anyone who thinks Trump can delay the election is a fcuktard....Trump thinks he can delay the election....

No, you’ve got it all wrong, Trump, like Fox or Santa just ask questions.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:16 pm 

Run flags up poles

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:10 pm 

Waratah wrote:
This is one of a number of exit polls suggesting that 10-12% of those who voted for Bernie Sanders in the 2016 primaries voted for Trump in the election. On the face of it this would seem to represent extraordinary spite, which isn't so unrealistic if you've experienced the angry fanaticism of a lot of Sanders supporters.

"On the face of it" perhaps.

But something to consider is that in 2008 more people who backed Hillary Clinton in the Primaries voted for McCain in the election than Sanders voters switched to Trump in 2016. An analysis reported in the Washington Post found that up to 25% of Clinton supporters in 2008 voted for McCain (the racist ones, most likely). For Sanders supporters who went for Trump the figures comes in between 6-12%.

It might not be that unusual for swing voters in an election to switch party if their favoured candidate does not get the nomination, and it's stretching it to put it down the angry fanaticism of Sanders supporters (though, yes, many of them can be angry fanatics).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:11 pm 

How the hell do people sit through a full press conference with Trump. He is rambling on and on. I gave up trying to listen to him after a few minutes. He must be really worried about losing this election with all the crap he is spewing out. I think pushing the whole election postponement thing might be a very flawed tactic. Makes him look even weaker. Elections was held during wars, etc before and no previous president ever pushed for postponement, what a "brave wartime" president he is. But hey, his zombie followers will eat all that crap up.

Last edited by bok_viking on Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:23 pm 

[*]
AlanBengio wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Trump just called for a delay in 2020 presidential elections
The cause? Frauds
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Either He is really totally deranged or decided to go the Chavez route despite claiming otherwise

No, no, no. He is "just asking questions", apparently.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:24 pm 

Waratah wrote:
Biffer29 wrote:
There's probably someone who knows a hell of a lot more than me about consitutional law, but I saw something a while back saying that even if the election was delayed, Trump and Pence's terms come to an end regardless and a president is appointed by congress. Anyone know if that's right?

12th Amendment contingency.

It's not a matter of delaying the election, but disputing the result. In the event that no candidate achieves a 270 electoral vote majority, it goes to Congress. Each state receives 1 vote each, regardless of population (the basis for the electoral college). It's possible in this scenario Trump would win, as the GOP control a majority of state legislatures.

If enough GOP-controlled states refused to honour the results in their states, on the basis, say, of suspected electoral fraud, and their electoral college delegates declined to award their votes to the winner, it's possible Biden would not reach 270.

It's very unlikely, but it's possible, and you would be brave to bet against the GOP pulling any possible stunt to engineer this outcome.

They don’t even need to hold elections.

The States can simply appoint delegates as the State majority wishes.

30 republican states + covid emergency = opportunity

All perfectly constitutional, and how they all used to appoint delegates up to the 1840s, before elections became the norm.

Last edited by shanky on Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:25 am 

Trump took the horrendous economic news out of the mainstream news by talking about the election date. He says something stupid and controversial to hide bad news every time.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:29 am 

Masterji wrote:
Trump took the horrendous economic news out of the mainstream news by talking about the election date. He says something stupid and controversial to hide bad news every time.

I don't think he's that Machiavellian, I think there's just a decent crossover between 'Trump says something dumb and controversial' and 'Negative story breaks that relates to Trump' cause those two things happen all the f**king time.

I think he says dumb shit cause he's wilfully ignorant, has poor impulse control and wants to be centre of attention all the time.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:34 am 

And there we have it...

Trump calls for a delay due to Covid, knowing full well the Constitution has no mechanism for such a delay (a material delay that is, past 20th Jan. And if that happens, we're onto Tahs 12th Amendment thing.)

So then he ramps up the rhetoric on mail-in voting.

The next step in this process will be him calling on the States to ‘come up with a solution’ (wink wink) knowing (again, full well) that the blue states will opt for mail-in voting and the red states might be able to be bullied into taking a vote in the statehouse, or going to in-person voting.

How may States does he need to persuade? Not many...Florida, Texas

Conspiracy assured....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:19 am 

Mail in voting will lead to a rigged election, but making it difficult for voters to get to a polling booth to physically vote won't.

What a truely great example of democracy. And that's before we consider a man called Gerry...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:43 am 

The number of people losing their shit if he gets re-elected will be astronomical :lol:

All it really takes is Biden making an arse of himself or Biden being physically incapable of becoming President and then the Dems all turning on each other. I don't think either scenario is too far into the realms of impossibility.

I think too many people are thinking him losing is a foregone conclusion. Certainly all the news outlets quoting polls of him losing popularity in southern states etc., don't take into account the black swan effect.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:51 am 

Alright friends now where were we...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:51 am 

Jim Lahey wrote:
The number of people losing their shit if he gets re-elected will be astronomical :lol:

All it really takes is Biden making an arse of himself or Biden being physically incapable of becoming President and then the Dems all turning on each other. I don't think either scenario is too far into the realms of impossibility.

I think too many people are thinking him losing is a foregone conclusion. Certainly all the news outlets quoting polls of him losing popularity in southern states etc., don't take into account the black swan effect.

I think the opposite. While I don't discount the possibility of Biden shitting his pants during a debate or Trump just outright winning, I think a lot of people are probably overestimating Trump's due the nature of his win 2016. Most other candidates (even incumbents) with his polling numbers would be outright dismissed at this stage.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:54 am 

Santa wrote:

You were assuming the position other people had taken and being a sneering dickhead. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:54 am 

I will be surprised and amused if Trump wins.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:57 am 

He's still in the driving seat. He can pull all the levers

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:09 am 

Quote:

snafu

enjoy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:25 am 

Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Masterji wrote:

I don't think he's that Machiavellian, I think there's just a decent crossover between 'Trump says something dumb and controversial' and 'Negative story breaks that relates to Trump' cause those two things happen all the f**king time.

I think he says dumb shit cause he's wilfully ignorant, has poor impulse control and wants to be centre of attention all the time.

I have been saying this for almost 4 years now: in spite of Seneca's claims, Trump is no 4D chess grandmaster.

He may have people sufficiently aware to spot an opening when he stumbles into it, but it should be obvious that he doesn't have the smarts to plan that sort of thing as a tactical maneuver.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:29 am 

Sawtooth the Beaver wrote:
Quote:

snafu

enjoy

I am. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:29 am 

Santa wrote:

You also can see 4 moves ahead of everyone. It's a sight to behold! I think I can speak for everyone when I say I had no idea what Trump was up to at all. Like I don't want to make you feel any more special than you are but I think you are the most intelligent person on this bored. That's it. No debate really. I think you might have a post graduate degree of some description. I'm just throwing that out there.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:31 am 

:lol:
Love a good everready burn.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:34 am 

Santa like most trolls just needs the negative attention.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:41 am 

Sefton wrote:
Santa like most trolls just needs the negative attention.

As an arsehole myself I know when people are using the possibility of "trolling" to create some plausible deniability to their odious views. He isn't a troll, he's a piece of shit.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:42 am 

EverReady wrote:
Santa wrote:

You also can see 4 moves ahead of everyone. It's a sight to behold! I think I can speak for everyone when I say I had no idea what Trump was up to at all. Like I don't want to make you feel any more special than you are but I think you are the most intelligent person on this bored. That's it. No debate really. I think you might have a post graduate degree of some description. I'm just throwing that out there.

I think that, since the demise of Seneca, Santa sees a vacancy for being the bored's resident chthonic intellectual.

Unfortunately he doesn't have the wit to carry it off.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:30 am 

EverReady wrote:
He's still in the driving seat. He can pull all the levers

Toot toot.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:41 am 

This thread. :lol: :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:11 am 

It's worth remembering that on the eve of the 2016 election he claimed the election was rigged. He didn't need vote by mail to start this voter fraud nonsense. It's very simple, if he loses it's rigged. In fact he will cry fraud anyway as he did in '16 when he said he actually won the popular vote.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:02 pm 

I'm thinking that Trumps tweet yesterday about the Suburban Lifestyle Dream could be a huge tweet and the topic could be one of the key election issues. If he hammers that he could get some real traction.

It's certainly more significant than some old nonsense about delaying elections, which he actually doesn't have the power to do.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:04 pm 

Santa wrote:
I'm thinking that Trumps tweet yesterday about the Suburban Lifestyle Dream could be a huge tweet and the topic could be one of the key election issues. If he hammers that he could get some real traction.

It's certainly more significant than some old nonsense about delaying elections, which he actually doesn't have the power to do.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You really are a thick dipshit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:07 pm 

Big Nipper wrote:
Santa wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You really are a thick dipshit

He honestly is starting to remind me of the ‘Leave Britney alone’ guy

:lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2700, 2701, 2702, 2703, 2704, 2705, 2706 ... 2708  Next