Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:30 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112975 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2726, 2727, 2728, 2729, 2730, 2731, 2732 ... 2825  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:46 am 

Seneca of the Night wrote:
penguin wrote:
ticketlessinseattle wrote:
my favourite is when he was at the CDC ie CENTER FOR DISEASE CONTROL and opened with, I was just looking at Fox News, great news channel by the way and I think I've got some of the stats from them :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you're at the fcuking CDC surrounded by the top experts on the topic and you quote stats you think you got from Fox News :lol:

I feel like at some point Fauci is going to be there, listening to the usual tsunami of nonsense, and there will be a moment...seemingly inconsequential amongst the vast swathes of shite that spew from Trump, but it will be the tiny straw that breaks the camel's back, at which point Fauci will try to beat Trump to death with a microphone and have to be dragged off by the secret service, screaming 'SHUT THE F*CK UP...YOU F*CKING MORON'.

PROJECTION

Well...obviously.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:46 am 

BTW, Tucker still doesn't think he's gonna make it. His latest theory is that Dem operatives will be trying to work out how to parachute Andrew Cuomo in. Though they could also choose a running mate to be President. Joe bails within weeks of gaining office.

Can't see Joe lasting a term.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:53 am 

BillW wrote:
penguin wrote:
my favourite is when he was at the CDC ie CENTER FOR DISEASE CONTROL and opened with, I was just looking at Fox News, great news channel by the way and I think I've got some of the stats from them :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you're at the fcuking CDC surrounded by the top experts on the topic and you quote stats you think you got from Fox News :lol:

I feel like at some point Fauci is going to be there, listening to the usual tsunami of nonsense, and there will be a moment...seemingly inconsequential amongst the vast swathes of shite that spew from Trump, but it will be the tiny straw that breaks the camel's back, at which point Fauci will try to beat Trump to death with a microphone and have to be dragged off by the secret service, screaming 'SHUT THE F*CK UP...YOU F*CKING MORON'.

Fauci, as time goes on, appears to be gaining respect for Trump and getting increasingly annoyed with the mischievous hacks trying to drive a wedge between them.
He's looking worn out though.

He might be happier with the response now that Trump is upping his game, if you want to translate that as 'gaining respect' that's up to you. I think the respect started at a pretty low ebb, so it's possible he has 'gained respect' but still is thought of as an egotistical dipshit at the same time.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:57 am 

BillW wrote:
penguin wrote:

Fauci, as time goes on, appears to be gaining respect for Trump and getting increasingly annoyed with the mischievous hacks trying to drive a wedge between them.

I simply read it as Fauci is too professional to publicly contradict the leader of his nation during a time of crisis. I don't think anyone except Fauci knows what Fauci thinks of Trump. To be frank, it's a good thing that it's irrelevant - Trump is President, for better or for worse, so like it or lump it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:03 pm 

penguin wrote:
BillW wrote:
penguin wrote:

He might be happier with the response now that Trump is upping his game, if you want to translate that as 'gaining respect' that's up to you. I think the respect started at a pretty low ebb, so it's possible he has 'gained respect' but still is thought of as an egotistical dipshit at the same time.

Sounds about right, though he's surely still pissed off when the media look to play games of driving that wedge rather than reporting facts which can save lives. In years to come he'll be one of any number of people whose memoirs detail Trump as very likely the stupidest person they've ever met, and certainly the thickest in authority

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:09 pm 

piquant wrote:
Sounds about right, though he's surely still pissed off when the media look to play games of driving that wedge rather than reporting facts which can save lives. In years to come he'll be one of any number of people whose memoirs detail Trump as very likely the stupidest person they've ever met, and certainly the thickest in authority

Sure - I don't disagree with that (about the media's attempts to drive wedges).

The second part, I'm sure it will be an interesting read one day...but I disagree that Trump is entirely stupid. I've said it before, probably on this thread somewhere, that Trump is intellectually lazy, disinterested in others and impossibly arrogant - the result looks a lot like stupidity, but I think he'd be intellectually capable of grasping what he's told if he cared, or didn't think he knew best already. It may seem a small distinction considering the end result, but actually it makes him all the sadder. If you're dumb as a rock then it's no disgrace to say stupid things and make bad decisions. Trump on the other hand....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:34 pm 

I tell you one thing, listening to the never ending self-interested bleating of mid-wit liberals whinging and bitching about their person not being in charge in this crisis, and where their person is in charge falling over themselves in orgasmic praise verging on idolatrous hypnotic cult behaviour is one of the more tedious aspects of this crisis.

Having said that, it has its own pleasures if you just roll with the suffering of your enemies. :thumbup:

there's little else to do while the realignment is ongoing.

their world order is gone, and trying to make sense of the dissonance is pointless.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:34 pm 

inactionman wrote:
BillW wrote:
penguin wrote:

I simply read it as Fauci is too professional to publicly contradict the leader of his nation during a time of crisis. I don't think anyone except Fauci knows what Fauci thinks of Trump. To be frank, it's a good thing that it's irrelevant - Trump is President, for better or for worse, so like it or lump it.

that picture of Fauci face palming in the midst of one of orange shitgibbons daily bollickology does hint at what he thinks.....when they guy in charge of this sh1tstorm is putting his hands all over his face its not exactly a vote of confidence

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:35 pm 

penguin wrote:
slick wrote:
penguin wrote:

Something has to make all this worthwhile

I mean it wouldn't exactly be the piercing clarity of a 'have you no decency sir', but it would be a wonderful moment.

Marvellous :lol: and you can tell from his expression that he's pretty close to doing it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:36 pm 

penguin wrote:
piquant wrote:

Sure - I don't disagree with that (about the media's attempts to drive wedges).

The second part, I'm sure it will be an interesting read one day...but I disagree that Trump is entirely stupid. I've said it before, probably on this thread somewhere, that Trump is intellectually lazy, disinterested in others and impossibly arrogant - the result looks a lot like stupidity, but I think he'd be intellectually capable of grasping what he's told if he cared, or didn't think he knew best already. It may seem a small distinction considering the end result, but actually it makes him all the sadder. If you're dumb as a rock then it's no disgrace to say stupid things and make bad decisions. Trump on the other hand....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:00 pm 

so apparently the US has all the test kits it needs - the state governors just dont know it
https://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics ... vpx-nr.cnn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:27 pm 

The brass neck on this guy

Quote:
Donald Trump tears into Boris Johnson’s failure to respond early to coronavirus crisis, warning it would have been ‘catastrophic’ to simply ‘ride it out’

Donald Trump has claimed Boris Johnson's early approach to the coronavirus outbreak would have been 'very catastrophic' for the UK if he had not changed tack.

The US President suggested the Prime Minister had initially looked to 'ride out' the virus in an approach which would have caused 'a lot of death'.

Mr Trump's press conference criticism appeared to be a reference to the claim that the UK had previously been following a plan for so-called 'herd immunity'.

His comments could potentially sour relations between Downing Street and the White House given the British government has disputed that developing 'herd immunity' was ever its goal.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ponse.html

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:02 pm 

Anonymous. wrote:

Quote:
Donald Trump tears into Boris Johnson’s failure to respond early to coronavirus crisis, warning it would have been ‘catastrophic’ to simply ‘ride it out’

Donald Trump has claimed Boris Johnson's early approach to the coronavirus outbreak would have been 'very catastrophic' for the UK if he had not changed tack.

The US President suggested the Prime Minister had initially looked to 'ride out' the virus in an approach which would have caused 'a lot of death'.

Mr Trump's press conference criticism appeared to be a reference to the claim that the UK had previously been following a plan for so-called 'herd immunity'.

His comments could potentially sour relations between Downing Street and the White House given the British government has disputed that developing 'herd immunity' was ever its goal.

Oh dear.

merry! wrote:
Quote:
The United States is ready to supply a large number of ventilators needed by its friends and allies in their fight against the coronavirus pandemic, President Donald Trump said on Friday.

that's us.. :smug:

Mind you, I'm not sure that he has enough for the US, though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:23 pm 

Anonymous. wrote:

Quote:

As many of the fan boys of the 2 are mutual, who will the losers chose.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:09 pm 

merry! wrote:
Quote:
The United States is ready to supply a large number of ventilators needed by its friends and allies in their fight against the coronavirus pandemic, President Donald Trump said on Friday.

If you were giving The Donald a bj and he told you he wouldn't cum in your mouth you'd believe him wouldn't you.

Quote:
'Where are the ventilators?' New York governor Andrew Cuomo begs the US government to spring into action, says it's missing 'the magnitude of the problem'
New York governor Andrew Cuomo stressed the state's need for ventilators and criticized the US government for not providing more resources to New York during a press conference Tuesday.

New York State, which usually operates with several thousand ventilators under normal conditions, now requires a total of 30,000 to meet the increased needs due to the coronavirus outbreak, the governor said.
https://www.businessinsider.com/new-yor ... ?r=US&IR=T

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:17 pm 

Masterji wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:

Quote:

As many of the fan boys of the 2 are mutual, who will the losers chose.

As this is an invention of the reactionary left, we can let them chose .

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:35 pm 

Boris and Trump lost now.

Edit : Ah I see we are the losers who voted for them.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:10 pm 

Anonymous. wrote:
If you were giving The Donald a bj and he told you he wouldn't cum in your mouth you'd believe him wouldn't you.

enough of your fantasies.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:03 pm 

merry! wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
merry! wrote:
Quote:

Admit it. You've made yourself look a right tit believing another one of his boasts.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:29 pm 

Anonymous. wrote:
merry! wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
merry! wrote:
Quote:

Admit it. You've made yourself look a right tit believing another one of his boasts.

you think the uk is not a friend and ally of the usa anymore?

okay.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:36 pm 

merry! wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
merry! wrote:
The Donald wrote:

okay.

Admit it. You've made yourself look a right tit believing his boast about supplying their "friends and allies" with ventilators.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:39 pm 

Anonymous. wrote:
merry! wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
merry! wrote:
The Donald wrote:

okay.

Admit it. You've made yourself look a right tit believing his boast about supplying their "friends and allies" with ventilators.

:lol:

editing the bit i emphasised/underlined? you're a very naughty boy.

admit it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:41 pm 

Anonymous. wrote:
merry! wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
merry! wrote:
The Donald wrote:

okay.

As long as they gave him some dirt on Biden, it would be true. But no quid pro quo. No sir...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:57 pm 

‘Well, son of a bitch, he got fired’

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=331534534386311

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:06 pm 

merry! wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:10 pm 

merry! wrote:

Who to believe. I know Merry will believe The Donald but Merry has a history of believing the shit that comes out of the Dons mouth.

Quote:
At the heart of Congress' probe into the president's actions is his claim that former Vice President and 2020 Democratic frontrunner Joe Biden strong-armed the Ukrainian government to fire its top prosecutor in order to thwart an investigation into a company tied to his son, Hunter Biden.

But sources ranging from former Obama administration officials to an anti-corruption advocate in Ukraine say the official, Viktor Shokin, was ousted for the opposite reason Trump and his allies claim.

It wasn't because Shokin was investigating a natural gas company tied to Biden's son; it was because Shokin wasn't pursuing corruption among the country's politicians, according to a Ukrainian official and four former American officials who specialized in Ukraine and Europe.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/poli ... 785620002/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:20 pm 

Anonymous. wrote:
merry! wrote:

Who to believe. I know Merry will believe The Donald but Merry has a history of believing the shit that comes out of the Dons mouth.

Quote:
At the heart of Congress' probe into the president's actions is his claim that former Vice President and 2020 Democratic frontrunner Joe Biden strong-armed the Ukrainian government to fire its top prosecutor in order to thwart an investigation into a company tied to his son, Hunter Biden.

But sources ranging from former Obama administration officials to an anti-corruption advocate in Ukraine say the official, Viktor Shokin, was ousted for the opposite reason Trump and his allies claim.

It wasn't because Shokin was investigating a natural gas company tied to Biden's son; it was because Shokin wasn't pursuing corruption among the country's politicians, according to a Ukrainian official and four former American officials who specialized in Ukraine and Europe.

a partisan congressional investigation, obama officials, corrupt ukrainians...or a power mad biden himself, bragging.

who to believe?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:36 pm 

merry! wrote:
a partisan congressional investigation, obama officials, corrupt ukrainians...or a power mad biden himself, bragging.

who to believe?

How about a newspaper report from 2016 detailing why the EU and IMF also wanted Shokin gone, and who he was actually investigating/not investigating?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/e ... -1.2591190

Quote:

The European Union has welcomed the dismissal of Ukraine’s scandal-ridden prosecutor general and called for a crackdown on corruption, even as the country’s political crisis deepened over efforts to form a new ruling coalition and appoint a new prime minister.

Ukraine’s parliament voted overwhelmingly to fire Viktor Shokin, ridding the beleaguered prosecutor’s office of a figure who is accused of blocking major cases against allies and influential figures and stymying moves to root out graft.

Spoiler: show
“This decision creates an opportunity to make a fresh start in the prosecutor general’s office. I hope that the new prosecutor general will ensure that [his] office . . . becomes independent from political influence and pressure and enjoys public trust,” said Jan Tombinski, the EU’s envoy to Ukraine.

“There is still a lack of tangible results of investigations into serious cases . . . as well as investigations of high-level officials within the prosecutor general’s office,” he added.

Mr Tombinski said the EU was also concerned about the resignation or dismissal of several “reform-oriented” prosecutors and reports that Mr Shokin’s office was investigating a “highly-respected” anti-corruption group – an obvious reference to Kiev’s Anti-Corruption Action Centre, which had fiercely criticised Mr Shokin.

In what appeared to be his last act before dismissal, Mr Shokin sacked his deputy, Davit Sakvarelidze, who had repeatedly called for his boss to be fired.

Mr Sakvarelidze, a Georgian who was also chief prosecutor in the Odessa region, said his dismissal by Mr Shokin was part of “a cleansing of people who are prepared every day to fight corruption and the old guard without compromise”.

Crime and corruption
Mikheil SaakashviliRussia
“In this case, the president, as guarantor of the constitution, should express his opinion explicitly, clearly and sharply,” Mr Saakashvili said.

“And not because it will benefit any one of us, but for the sake of the statehood, integrity and glorious future of Ukraine.”

Ukrainian president Petro Poroshenko is under huge pressure to appoint a new prosecutor general with a strong anti-corruption reputation, and to back investigations into the shadowy affairs of major businessmen and politicians.

The EU and United States are demanding as much, amid a political crisis that has paralysed reforms in Ukraine and jeopardised vital funding from international lenders.

Mr Poroshenko’s eponymous bloc is seeking to forge a new ruling coalition with the People’s Front party of current prime minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk and the Fatherland group led by former premier Yulia Tymoshenko.

Parliamentary speaker Volodymyr Groysman, a close ally of Mr Poroshenko, is the leading candidate to replace Mr Yatseniuk, who has refused to step down until a new coalition agreement is signed.

Ms Tymoshenko demanded on Tuesday that deputies approve several laws to “regulate” the situation in the country before any coalition deal is agreed.

Anton Gerashchenko, a prominent member of People’s Front, responded by saying that “you won’t build a European coalition through blackmail”.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/30/worl ... cutor.html

Quote:
As the problems festered, Kiev drew increasingly sharp criticism from Western diplomats and leaders. In a visit in December, Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. said corruption was eating Ukraine “like a cancer.” Christine Lagarde, the managing director of the International Monetary Fund, which props up Ukraine financially, said last month that progress was so slow in fighting corruption that “it’s hard to see how the I.M.F.-supported program can continue.”

With this pressure mounting, Parliament on Tuesday voted by a comfortable margin to remove Mr. Shokin.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:41 pm 

DOB wrote:
merry! wrote:

who to believe?

How about a newspaper report from 2016 detailing why the EU and IMF also wanted Shokin gone, and who he was actually investigating/not investigating?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/e ... -1.2591190

Quote:

The European Union has welcomed the dismissal of Ukraine’s scandal-ridden prosecutor general and called for a crackdown on corruption, even as the country’s political crisis deepened over efforts to form a new ruling coalition and appoint a new prime minister.

Ukraine’s parliament voted overwhelmingly to fire Viktor Shokin, ridding the beleaguered prosecutor’s office of a figure who is accused of blocking major cases against allies and influential figures and stymying moves to root out graft.

Spoiler: show
“This decision creates an opportunity to make a fresh start in the prosecutor general’s office. I hope that the new prosecutor general will ensure that [his] office . . . becomes independent from political influence and pressure and enjoys public trust,” said Jan Tombinski, the EU’s envoy to Ukraine.

“There is still a lack of tangible results of investigations into serious cases . . . as well as investigations of high-level officials within the prosecutor general’s office,” he added.

Mr Tombinski said the EU was also concerned about the resignation or dismissal of several “reform-oriented” prosecutors and reports that Mr Shokin’s office was investigating a “highly-respected” anti-corruption group – an obvious reference to Kiev’s Anti-Corruption Action Centre, which had fiercely criticised Mr Shokin.

In what appeared to be his last act before dismissal, Mr Shokin sacked his deputy, Davit Sakvarelidze, who had repeatedly called for his boss to be fired.

Mr Sakvarelidze, a Georgian who was also chief prosecutor in the Odessa region, said his dismissal by Mr Shokin was part of “a cleansing of people who are prepared every day to fight corruption and the old guard without compromise”.

Crime and corruption
Mikheil SaakashviliRussia
“In this case, the president, as guarantor of the constitution, should express his opinion explicitly, clearly and sharply,” Mr Saakashvili said.

“And not because it will benefit any one of us, but for the sake of the statehood, integrity and glorious future of Ukraine.”

Ukrainian president Petro Poroshenko is under huge pressure to appoint a new prosecutor general with a strong anti-corruption reputation, and to back investigations into the shadowy affairs of major businessmen and politicians.

The EU and United States are demanding as much, amid a political crisis that has paralysed reforms in Ukraine and jeopardised vital funding from international lenders.

Mr Poroshenko’s eponymous bloc is seeking to forge a new ruling coalition with the People’s Front party of current prime minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk and the Fatherland group led by former premier Yulia Tymoshenko.

Parliamentary speaker Volodymyr Groysman, a close ally of Mr Poroshenko, is the leading candidate to replace Mr Yatseniuk, who has refused to step down until a new coalition agreement is signed.

Ms Tymoshenko demanded on Tuesday that deputies approve several laws to “regulate” the situation in the country before any coalition deal is agreed.

Anton Gerashchenko, a prominent member of People’s Front, responded by saying that “you won’t build a European coalition through blackmail”.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/30/worl ... cutor.html

Quote:
As the problems festered, Kiev drew increasingly sharp criticism from Western diplomats and leaders. In a visit in December, Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. said corruption was eating Ukraine “like a cancer.” Christine Lagarde, the managing director of the International Monetary Fund, which props up Ukraine financially, said last month that progress was so slow in fighting corruption that “it’s hard to see how the I.M.F.-supported program can continue.”

With this pressure mounting, Parliament on Tuesday voted by a comfortable margin to remove Mr. Shokin.

nope, don't have much confidence in the eu institutions or european media either. they're all corrupt.

sorry.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:45 pm 

Anonymous. wrote:
merry! wrote:

Quote:

merry! wrote:

why would i believe anything the don says? most of what he says is designed to wind up folk like you.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:46 pm 

merry! wrote:

You can't take Joe Biden's words as evidence.

You need the news media and TDS posters to explain to you what those words actually mean.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:48 pm 

BillW wrote:
merry! wrote:

You can't take Joe Biden's words as evidence.

You need the news media and TDS posters to explain to you what those words actually mean.

:lol: :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:48 pm 

merry! wrote:

who to believe?

Admit it. You've made yourself look a right tit believing his bullshit about why Biden pressured them to get rid of Shokin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:55 pm 

btw, DOB, i'm not deliberately being difficult. i just don't have any confidence in the politicians and media anymore. i do genuinely believe that most of the people in positions of power in the west these days are corrupt.

i know that you were being reasonable, and i appreciate that. :thumbup:

anon: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:08 pm 

This briefing is pretty bizarre even by Trump standards.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:10 pm 

Merry.
A construct for the Mary Mungo and Midge fledgling.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:18 pm 

merry! wrote:
btw, DOB, i'm not deliberately being difficult. i just don't have any confidence in the politicians and media anymore. i do genuinely believe that most of the people in positions of power in the west these days are corrupt.

That's a not-unreasonable position to take, and I can accept that someone would think that.

To then turn around and not apply same judgement to Donald Trump, despite all evidence to the contrary and every word that's come out of his mouth since he started campaigning for the job (and before, come to think of it) is just the purest form of either idiocy or lunacy, and I'm not sure which applies more to you, or if it's both equally.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:26 pm 

DOB wrote:
merry! wrote:

That's a not-unreasonable position to take, and I can accept that someone would think that.

To then turn around and not apply same judgement to Donald Trump, despite all evidence to the contrary and every word that's come out of his mouth since he started campaigning for the job (and before, come to think of it) is just the purest form of either idiocy or lunacy, and I'm not sure which applies more to you, or if it's both equally.

oh, i thought you were reasonable.

my mistake.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:27 pm 

merry! wrote:
DOB wrote:
merry! wrote:

oh, i thought you were reasonable.

my mistake.

I was.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:31 pm 

for the hard of thinking...

merry! wrote:
houtkabouter wrote:
merry! wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
Post-facts.

:lol:

FACT.

So you believe Trump?

he's a businessman/politician. why on earth would I believe anything he says?

I wish him well though. the establishment needs a kicking and he seems to like brexit Britain, so he'll do for me.

https://forum.planetrugby.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=72244&p=4639303&hilit=+houtkabouter#p4639303

(from over 3 years ago, when i first posted on this thread)

having said that, he makes more sense then the droning TDS weirdos here. :nod:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112975 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2726, 2727, 2728, 2729, 2730, 2731, 2732 ... 2825  Next