Chat Forum
It is currently Sun May 31, 2020 2:24 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112898 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2734, 2735, 2736, 2737, 2738, 2739, 2740 ... 2823  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:21 am 

BillW wrote:
Hong Kong wrote:
BillW wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
He was a smart enough guy. Maybe a very smart guy. But he's certainly not now. He's a fool. You can see that.

I remember a clip at a baseball game, with Marla Maples. He was self-deprecating and smart. Like when he was interviewed in his forties and fifties. Now its word salad. The worst kind of nonsense. Dangerous nonsense.

Exhorting people to take unproven drugs. He got lucky with North Korea. Coronavirus doesn't have an ego.

How dumb is it get get triggered by a lie that you made up yourself?

You are as bad as merry used to be with his lying. At least, he stopped lying after being repeatedly called out by me for doing so. Do not lie bill...it’s very unbecoming

I'd never realised that presenting facts to a bunch of deranged twats could be so much fun.

When did you go off the reservation so completely bill? You used to be quite normal on the NZ thread.

So, these facts, have you got any that show that this drug you're fluffing has been proven to "save lives" as you claimed in an earlier post. Even the link you posted about the American Thoracic Society barely supports your position, they say there's no evidence it works but they think that it's worth "experimenting with in a public health crisis".

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:23 am 

fishfoodie wrote:
Hong Kong wrote:
BillW wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
He was a smart enough guy. Maybe a very smart guy. But he's certainly not now. He's a fool. You can see that.

I remember a clip at a baseball game, with Marla Maples. He was self-deprecating and smart. Like when he was interviewed in his forties and fifties. Now its word salad. The worst kind of nonsense. Dangerous nonsense.

Exhorting people to take unproven drugs. He got lucky with North Korea. Coronavirus doesn't have an ego.

How dumb is it get get triggered by a lie that you made up yourself?

You are as bad as merry used to be with his lying. At least, he stopped lying after being repeatedly called out by me for doing so. Do not lie bill...it’s very unbecoming

Hey; just ban the plum; no-one will care.

Hey piss off!!

I'm researching for a dissertation on "The Effects of the Full Moon on Trump Derangement Syndrome"
Give us a couple more hours and its all done.

Then you can go back to annoying your neighbours by howling at the moon.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:10 am 

Quote:
When did you go off the reservation so completely bill? You used to be quite normal on the NZ thread.

So, these facts, have you got any that show that this drug you're fluffing has been proven to "save lives" as you claimed in an earlier post. Even the link you posted about the American Thoracic Society barely supports your position, they say there's no evidence it works but they think that it's worth "experimenting with in a public health crisis".

I've never claimed proof that they worked only that doctors were using it extensively throughout the world and lots were claiming success.

Given that there is no medical treatment that has a label recommending use for combating Covid 19, it follows that virtually all treatments so far used are experimental and doctors are relying on the anecdotal evidence of others to formulate remedies.

Only a bunch of retards would ban the use of one of these treatments merely because Trump was hopeful that it would work.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:24 am 

If only there was a treatment available that could stop all these thousands of people around the world dying every day from this Covid-19

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:26 am 

BillW wrote:

Only a bunch of retards would ban the use of one of these treatments merely because Trump was hopeful that it would work.

Care to give some examples of people saying it should be banned for this reason? Or indeed anyone saying it should be banned at all?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:28 am 

Anonymous. wrote:
If only there was a treatment available that could stop all these thousands of people around the world dying every day from this Covid-19

Eventually there probably will be.
But meanwhile??

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:29 am 

Almost 2000 deaths yesterday in the US. Well over the one day record for a single country, if I'm not mistaken.

Trump's doing well, isn't he?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:31 am 

Masterji wrote:
The Optimist wrote:
Quote:
President Donald Trump has a “small financial interest” in the maker of an anti-malarial drug that he has been touting as a “game changer” in treating coronavirus, according to The New York Times. Over the past two weeks, Trump and his Fox News allies have aggressively promoted hydroxychloroquine as a potential cure, despite top infectious-disease expert Dr. Anthony Fauci and others urging caution and noting that there was not enough evidence of the drug’s efficacy.

The Times reports the president’s family trusts all have investments in a mutual fund whose largest holding is Sanofi, the manufacturer of Plaquenil, the brand-name version of hydroxychloroquine.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-reportedly-has-financial-interest-in-hydroxychloroquine-manufacturer?source=twitter&via=mobile

I am shocked at even the hint that Donny had any financial interest in the company. Nobody would have guessed that.

Of course you are. This is based on a NYT article, fluffed by HuffPo.

According to Trump’s financial disclosure, he owns between $1,000 - $15,000 of Dodge & Cox fund.
Dox & Cox’s fund has 2.9% of its money in Sanofi.
Trump owns 2.9% of btw $1,000 - $15,000.
Trump owns $29 to $435 of stock.

This is about as bad at the time when he was enriching himself by having some secret service guys staying at his Scottish hotel on stopovers from the local airport. That turned out to be less that 500 bucks too.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:33 am 

TDS is a nice bit of deflection. The reality is that it is weirder that people are NOT upset by having such an ignorant narcissist in charge of the US, doing as much damage as he is. Trump Supporter Psychosis should be a 'thing' - one suffered by fools, gladly it seems.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:38 am 

Short Man Syndrome wrote:
TDS is a nice bit of deflection. The reality is that it is weirder that people are NOT upset by having such an ignorant narcissist in charge of the US, doing as much damage as he is. Trump Supporter Psychosis should be a 'thing' - one suffered by fools, gladly it seems.

I agree, seemingly intelligent people who believe everything Trump utters despite there being zero actual evidence supporting of any of his claims. It's as if they genuinely believe he is the world's leading expert on every single topic.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:51 am 

I do not know Ali. We make chess jokes at Trumps expense, calling him a 4D chess master, all very tongue in cheek. If you play chess for any time you realise that unless you spend a significant percentage of you attention on what you opponent is thinking you will probably fail. So, as far as I can tell, the intelligent half is reeling from loss after loss in this fight. Why can they not form a strategy? They have near total media domination and the social media companies largely made by them and they get to make the rules.

Why do they keep come second to the thick?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:53 am 

UncleFB wrote:

Pretty easy to spot when they start going down the Fox News rabbit hole.

Quite often it's older men with more time on their hands.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:02 am 

BillW wrote:
Quote:

I've never claimed proof that they worked only that doctors were using it extensively throughout the world and lots were claiming success.

Given that there is no medical treatment that has a label recommending use for combating Covid 19, it follows that virtually all treatments so far used are experimental and doctors are relying on the anecdotal evidence of others to formulate remedies.

This is what you wrote:
Quote:
Doctors all over the globe are administering it.
And it's saving lives.

There's a whole bunch of people on this thread saying hey it will be cool if this works, but we just don't know yet and hopefully clinical trials will show it does, and then there's you flapping around (with the odd Trump can do know wrong poster in support) and claiming that anyone who disagrees with you or asks your for more information has TDS.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:02 am 

RuggaBugga wrote:
UncleFB wrote:

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:11 am 

UncleFB wrote:
RuggaBugga wrote:
UncleFB wrote:

If blaming the messenger can stabilise the cognitive dis-equilibrium that you are experiencing at this time of the lunar cycle, I say go for it fellas.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:14 am 

AnkleTap wrote:
I do not know Ali. We make chess jokes at Trumps expense, calling him a 4D chess master, all very tongue in cheek. If you play chess for any time you realise that unless you spend a significant percentage of you attention on what you opponent is thinking you will probably fail. So, as far as I can tell, the intelligent half is reeling from loss after loss in this fight. Why can they not form a strategy? They have near total media domination and the social media companies largely made by them and they get to make the rules.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:22 am 

FOG, assume that is true, an intelligent group might try and form a strategy. I see the strategy as being to label the right as racist or dumb, whilst sticking up a candidate suffering from dementia.

The only thing that makes sense is they are trying to fail.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:44 am 

AnkleTap wrote:
FOG, assume that is true, an intelligent group might try and form a strategy. I see the strategy as being to label the right as racist or dumb, whilst sticking up a candidate suffering from dementia.

The only thing that makes sense is they are trying to fail.

and let's face it, they've had plenty of practice.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:05 am 

Kayleigh MacEneny is the new press secretary.

fudge me

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:20 am 

Fat Old Git wrote:
AnkleTap wrote:

It is not doubt but certainty that drives you mad.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:22 am 

The f**king margins! Wrong login HongKong.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:41 am 

Short Man Syndrome wrote:

Yes.

Though surely, TDS could as equally apply to them.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:52 am 

TheFrog wrote:
Fat Old Git wrote:
AnkleTap wrote:

It is not doubt but certainty that drives you mad.

There's nothing wrong with that on my screen, TF. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:58 am 

Fat Old Git wrote:
AnkleTap wrote:

I must be intelligent.
I doubt that those words are true.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:00 am 

:lol: and just like that Fat old Git disappears in a cloud of logic.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:31 am 

AnkleTap wrote:
As do you.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:43 am 

AnkleTap wrote:

You sound quite confident of that, but I have my doubts.

:P

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:46 am 

BillW wrote:
Fat Old Git wrote:
AnkleTap wrote:

I must be intelligent.
I doubt that those words are true.

The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Believe it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:47 am 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:20 am 

Zico wrote:
fonzeee wrote:
In any case, Trump has undoubtedly, unwittingly or otherwise, smoked out some nasty players and, through the sheer repulsiveness of his nature to those who never quite got over the swirlie they got in seventh grade, exposed the limitations of many who have miraculously, unbelievably, gotten within arms reach of the levers of power. He is essentially Washington's enema (lame joke incoming), and his presidency has taught us a lot about how the establishment and especially its media compatriots operate.

Being a pragmatist, I don't care how much of this is intentional.

f**king idiot. :roll:

Can't say I expect much more from you.

Look, if you can't see the sheer mass of blood, sweat, and tears that have been expended in the past three and half years on utter nonsense from the self-styled "sane party" and its media, at the expense of literally anything productive, nothing I say will change your mind. Eight years of whining about how the big mean GOP couldn't just let St. Barry run everything the way he wanted (as if he could organize a handjob in a whorehouse...nice speeches though), only to unleash upon us a deluge of bullshit that made the reactionary Tea Party conniption look like a literal tea party in comparison. It has been utterly f**king unbearable. More importantly, it has caused American politics and political discourse to essentially grind to a halt. And this is from the party whose whole shtick is that they care about you.

Anyone who wants can look back at my post history; I actually held my nose and voted for Hillary because even though she's useless at best and fairly crooked at worst, at least the "good guy" blue-ties would control the executive and hopefully, just maybe, we could at least get the ball rolling on some domestic stuff that needs doing and at that point was still more likely to come from the left (although it's not clear why I thought a third consecutive Democratic presidential term would be different). And granted, I was only 16 when Obama got in, but I'll admit I huffed all that HOPE and CHANGE bullshit too. I ain't proud, but it is what it is.

You realize that for all of the bitching about Trump, some Chinese peasant who chucked a pangolin into his chow mein caused immeasurable magnitudes more damage to Americans' daily lives than your beloved "shitgibbon". In fact, brace yourself for this, but it turns out life under Trump is not terribly different than life under Obama. Problem is, I was told one would usher in the Age of Aquarius, and the other would lead to the apocalypse. Funny that. But at least now it's there for all to see, if you're willing and, what was the term you used to describe your Trump-hating American friends...broad-minded?

And yet, do you think we'll hear 1/10th as much ire directed towards China from the media and Democrats as we've heard directed towards our own president over the past few years? Fat f**king chance. And that should tell you something.

Last edited by fonzeee on Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:28 am 

BillW wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:

Eventually there probably will be.
But meanwhile??

BillW wrote:
Doctors all over the globe are administering it.
And it's saving lives.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:01 am 

Seneca of the Night wrote:
That is my take, observing your great country from the outside in. I find it astonishing just how much many American elites seem to despise the great mass of their own countrymen. That is not a good sign.

Thing is, there's more than enough different about conservative white America for them to hate, but the way our (upper-middle-class-and-up American) brains work, a key similarity there that permits hatred that would otherwise be tempered by taboos against racism, xenophobia, etc.

The aftermath of the 2016 election was interesting. I had a pretty right-on professor who came dangerously close to the no-fly zone when he lamented in class that "the African-American community still has problems with sexism and won't vote for a female president."

Which, I mean, is true. But sexism is very bad. Being a sexist makes you a bad person. But the black community is rife with sexism. Would that mean thaaf dfuiw3 sad@#fds **BOOM**

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:14 am 

fonzeee wrote:
That is my take, observing your great country from the outside in. I find it astonishing just how much many American elites seem to despise the great mass of their own countrymen. That is not a good sign.

Thing is, there's more than enough different about conservative white America for them to hate, but the way our (upper-middle-class-and-up American) brains work, a key similarity there that permits hatred that would otherwise be tempered by taboos against racism, xenophobia, etc.

The aftermath of the 2016 election was interesting. I had a pretty right-on professor who came dangerously close to the no-fly zone when he lamented in class that "the African-American community still has problems with sexism and won't vote for a female president."

Which, I mean, is true. But sexism is very bad. Being a sexist makes you a bad person. But the black community is rife with sexism. Would that mean thaaf dfuiw3 sad@#fds **BOOM**

Yeah only 88% of black voters chose the female candidate

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:27 am 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... s-briefing

Lets see how his supporters put their usual spin on his threat and then his lie.

He is a piece of shit. :thumbdown: x(

Last edited by Chilli on Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:37 am 

The behavior of a South African Trump supporter...................

https://www.iol.co.za/capetimes/news/i- ... s-46425256

x( :thumbdown:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:50 am 

Anonymous. wrote:
fonzeee wrote:

Yeah only 88% of black voters chose the female candidate

I didn't realise it was that low.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:58 am 

fonzeee wrote:
Zico wrote:
fonzeee wrote:
In any case, Trump has undoubtedly, unwittingly or otherwise, smoked out some nasty players and, through the sheer repulsiveness of his nature to those who never quite got over the swirlie they got in seventh grade, exposed the limitations of many who have miraculously, unbelievably, gotten within arms reach of the levers of power. He is essentially Washington's enema (lame joke incoming), and his presidency has taught us a lot about how the establishment and especially its media compatriots operate.

Being a pragmatist, I don't care how much of this is intentional.

f**king idiot. :roll:

Can't say I expect much more from you.

Look, if you can't see the sheer mass of blood, sweat, and tears that have been expended in the past three and half years on utter nonsense from the self-styled "sane party" and its media, at the expense of literally anything productive, nothing I say will change your mind. Eight years of whining about how the big mean GOP couldn't just let St. Barry run everything the way he wanted (as if he could organize a handjob in a whorehouse...nice speeches though), only to unleash upon us a deluge of bullshit that made the reactionary Tea Party conniption look like a literal tea party in comparison. It has been utterly f**king unbearable. More importantly, it has caused American politics and political discourse to essentially grind to a halt. And this is from the party whose whole shtick is that they care about you.

Anyone who wants can look back at my post history; I actually held my nose and voted for Hillary because even though she's useless at best and fairly crooked at worst, at least the "good guy" blue-ties would control the executive and hopefully, just maybe, we could at least get the ball rolling on some domestic stuff that needs doing and at that point was still more likely to come from the left (although it's not clear why I thought a third consecutive Democratic presidential term would be different). And granted, I was only 16 when Obama got in, but I'll admit I huffed all that HOPE and CHANGE bullshit too. I ain't proud, but it is what it is.

You realize that for all of the bitching about Trump, some Chinese peasant who chucked a pangolin into his chow mein caused immeasurable magnitudes more damage to Americans' daily lives than your beloved "shitgibbon". In fact, brace yourself for this, but it turns out life under Trump is not terribly different than life under Obama. Problem is, I was told one would usher in the Age of Aquarius, and the other would lead to the apocalypse. Funny that. But at least now it's there for all to see, if you're willing and, what was the term you used to describe your Trump-hating American friends...broad-minded?

And yet, do you think we'll hear 1/10th as much ire directed towards China from the media and Democrats as we've heard directed towards our own president over the past few years? Fat f**king chance. And that should tell you something.

Much - not all - but much of the TDS stuff exhibited on this thread is thinly masked anti-americanism. The Democratic elite is liked over Trump or anyone GOP for that matter because it too is anti-american. This is an unsustainable state of affairs for the Democratic party. Eventually the voters cotton on to it.

Anyway, good post. It's clear the actual Americans on here (and that doesn't include frothing expat residents) take a much more nuanced view to the Trump phenomenon. There's a really important power struggle going on - pretty existential really as it kind of comes down to whether America is a country, with a core population, or something else completely.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:02 am 

UncleFB wrote:
RuggaBugga wrote:
UncleFB wrote:

It's how they control you. They keep you too busy to have the time to understand what is really going on. It's why the "experts" keep getting side swiped by events. They're (expert's not 'them') too busy in this frantic age to see what is coming down the pipe.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:24 am 

UncleFB wrote:
RuggaBugga wrote:
UncleFB wrote:

It's how they control you. They keep you too busy to have the time to understand what is really going on. It's why the "experts" keep getting side swiped by events. They're (expert's not 'them') too busy in this frantic age to see what is coming down the pipe.

I blame the education system.
A lot of these posters claim to be university graduates.
I left school when I was fourteen years old so there's every chance there's something I'm missing, but most appear to be appallingly ignorant to me.

Quote:
“One of the painful signs of years of dumbed-down education is how many people are unable to make a coherent argument. They can vent their emotions, question other people’s motives, make bold assertions, repeat slogans—anything except reason.”

Thomas Sowell

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:34 am 

BillW wrote:
UncleFB wrote:
RuggaBugga wrote:
UncleFB wrote:

I blame the education system.
A lot of these posters claim to be university graduates.
I left school when I was fourteen years old so there's every chance there's something I'm missing, but most appear to be appallingly ignorant to me.

Quote:
“One of the painful signs of years of dumbed-down education is how many people are unable to make a coherent argument. They can vent their emotions, question other people’s motives, make bold assertions, repeat slogans—anything except reason.”

Thomas Sowell

Surely not!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112898 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2734, 2735, 2736, 2737, 2738, 2739, 2740 ... 2823  Next