Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:28 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2805, 2806, 2807, 2808, 2809, 2810, 2811 ... 2831  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 12:37 pm 

4071 wrote:
Oh, by the way, on the subject of open corruption and abuse of power, did we do this yet?

Trump is threatening to block federal funding to Michigan if election officials there do not retreat from measures meant to facilitate mail-in voting. Basically a quid-pro-quo like Ukraine - withholding funds in order to secure a personal benefit. He's clearly learned his lesson.

It's a new one to me, and it sure reads like a clear cut case of corruption

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 1:12 pm 

BokJock wrote:
Can one you (non?) Trump supporters please summarise Obamagate for me?

I genuinely can't figure out what Barry has supposedly done, but I have a right wing mate that is convinced that this is a slam dunk that Obama was evil and should go to jail.

He also seems to be very excited by some tapes of Biden that have Joe saying things to the Ukranian president that from everything I can work out was already public knowledge....

For decades, secret agent Donald Trump has been locked in an epochal battle of good vs. evil with the notorious criminal mastermind, Joey B. B and his sidekick, the evil genius Saddam Hussein Obama had tried to frame Donald in a sting operation that went wrong, resulting in Donald becoming president. Now the sordid details are coming to light. They illegally tapped the Don's wires, and sicced their lackeys in the intelligence and law enforcement communities onto the Donald's incorruptible security advisor, and soon-to-be head of the FBI, Mike Flynn, using powers presidents don't have, unless they're the Donald, who is now being forced to assume total control of the nation in pursuit of truth, honesty, and the American way.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 1:15 pm 

piquant wrote:
4071 wrote:
Oh, by the way, on the subject of open corruption and abuse of power, did we do this yet?

Trump is threatening to block federal funding to Michigan if election officials there do not retreat from measures meant to facilitate mail-in voting. Basically a quid-pro-quo like Ukraine - withholding funds in order to secure a personal benefit. He's clearly learned his lesson.

they all seem to roll into one after a while

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 1:16 pm 

6.Jones wrote:
BokJock wrote:

I genuinely can't figure out what Barry has supposedly done, but I have a right wing mate that is convinced that this is a slam dunk that Obama was evil and should go to jail.

He also seems to be very excited by some tapes of Biden that have Joe saying things to the Ukranian president that from everything I can work out was already public knowledge....

For decades, secret agent Donald Trump has been locked in an epochal battle of good vs. evil with the notorious criminal mastermind, Joey B. B and his sidekick, the evil genius Saddam Hussein Obama had tried to frame Donald in a sting operation that went wrong, resulting in Donald becoming president. Now the sordid details are coming to light. They illegally tapped the Don's wires, and sicced their lackeys in the intelligence and law enforcement communities onto the Donald's incorruptible security advisor, and soon-to-be head of the FBI, Mike Flynn, using powers presidents don't have, unless they're the Donald, who is now being forced to assume total control of the nation in pursuit of truth, honesty, and the American way.

all pretty obvious when you spell it out like that

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 1:24 pm 

6.Jones wrote:
BokJock wrote:

Obama has been caught in possession of a presidency whilst being black.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 1:48 pm 

BokJock wrote:
6.Jones wrote:
BokJock wrote:

all pretty obvious when you spell it out like that

Oh, I thought it was the fact that Obama told all concerned when he heard about the Flynn calls that everything must be done above board.
As this was a totally alien concept to Trump he assumed it was some sort of euphemism for doing something illegal. Totally unlike the Don, who is a winner in all per capita discussions.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 1:57 pm 

BokJock wrote:
piquant wrote:
4071 wrote:

:nod:

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 2:18 pm 

WHO report on the cardiotoxicity of antimalarials 2016

page 36

Quote:
1.What is the frequency of sudden death attributable to the cardiotoxicity of different antimalarial medicines?

Halofantrine has been associated with >30 sudden deaths attributed to cardiotoxicity. This is the only antimalarial considered to have an unacceptable risk.

Dihydroartemisinin-piperaquineand artemether-lumefantrine have been the most intensively studied antimalarial drugs. There have been no sudden deaths attributed to cardiotoxicity followingartemether-lumefantrine. One possible sudden cardiac death associated with dihydroartemisinin-piperaquine was reported among~200000 individuals with close follow-up treatedinclinical studies of malaria treatment, prevention, control and elimination. This is consistent with the risk of fatal cardiotoxicity associated with other QT/QTcinterval-prolonging medicinesin current use(see section 3.1.1).

Despite hundreds of millions of doses administered in the treatment of malaria,there have been no reports of sudden unexplained death associated with quinine, chloroquine or amodiaquine, although each drug causes QT/QTcinterval prolongation. Unfortunately, there are relatively few prospective studies of the electrocardiographic effects of these drugs.Intravenous chloroquine,quinine and quinidine may cause lethal hypotension if administered too rapidly. Large doses (>3.5mg base/kg) of intramuscular or subcutaneous chloroquine may also cause hypotension.

Having taken it when overlanding through Africa many years ago I dont recall me or any others taking it having any side effects

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 2:29 pm 

BokJock wrote:
piquant wrote:
4071 wrote:

It is odd he virtually makes a self-defence out of shitting the bed so often people do lose track. I would have thought it would doom him to miserable defeat, and yet...

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 2:51 pm 

piquant wrote:
BokJock wrote:
piquant wrote:
4071 wrote:

It is odd he virtually makes a self-defence out of shitting the bed so often people do lose track. I would have thought it would doom him to miserable defeat, and yet...

You lose track of what's a nothingburger and what's genuinely serious, so it all ends up blending into a miserable mess with an assumption that none of it matters. if there were issues then he would paradoxically be in a lot more trouble, because the focus would stick

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 2:57 pm 

Saint wrote:
piquant wrote:
BokJock wrote:
piquant wrote:
4071 wrote:

You lose track of what's a nothingburger and what's genuinely serious, so it all ends up blending into a miserable mess with an assumption that none of it matters. if there were issues then he would paradoxically be in a lot more trouble, because the focus would stick

Which I suppose might result in him being the first candidate to release a video of him and/or some Russian prostitutes pissing on a bed to distract from other worse actions during a campaign. And that would be preferable to starting a war

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 3:44 pm 

Didn’t Mitt say that “When everything is an outrage, nothing is an outrage”?

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 5:03 pm 

kiwinoz wrote:
WHO report on the cardiotoxicity of antimalarials 2016

page 36

Quote:
1.What is the frequency of sudden death attributable to the cardiotoxicity of different antimalarial medicines?

Halofantrine has been associated with >30 sudden deaths attributed to cardiotoxicity. This is the only antimalarial considered to have an unacceptable risk.

Dihydroartemisinin-piperaquineand artemether-lumefantrine have been the most intensively studied antimalarial drugs. There have been no sudden deaths attributed to cardiotoxicity followingartemether-lumefantrine. One possible sudden cardiac death associated with dihydroartemisinin-piperaquine was reported among~200000 individuals with close follow-up treatedinclinical studies of malaria treatment, prevention, control and elimination. This is consistent with the risk of fatal cardiotoxicity associated with other QT/QTcinterval-prolonging medicinesin current use(see section 3.1.1).

Despite hundreds of millions of doses administered in the treatment of malaria,there have been no reports of sudden unexplained death associated with quinine, chloroquine or amodiaquine, although each drug causes QT/QTcinterval prolongation. Unfortunately, there are relatively few prospective studies of the electrocardiographic effects of these drugs.Intravenous chloroquine,quinine and quinidine may cause lethal hypotension if administered too rapidly. Large doses (>3.5mg base/kg) of intramuscular or subcutaneous chloroquine may also cause hypotension.

Having taken it when overlanding through Africa many years ago I dont recall me or any others taking it having any side effects

Maloprim used to loosen my stomach and givee a small headache for a few hours. Or, it could have been the extra beer....

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 5:18 pm 

Mr Mike wrote:
Didn’t Mitt say that “When everything is an outrage, nothing is an outrage”?

Something like that, I have in mind he meant it along the lines of cool it, you still need to work with us no matter your thoughts on how helpful we were with Obama in place. And he's right, they they're to do a job not be the party of 'no'

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 5:19 pm 

6.Jones wrote:
BokJock wrote:

Obamagate is the gate into pizzagate..
ps I'd be happy if anyone (orange shitgibbon supporter or not) could explain it

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 5:22 pm 

piquant wrote:
BokJock wrote:
piquant wrote:
4071 wrote:

in his defence he was being sarcastic

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 6:28 pm 

ticketlessinseattle wrote:
piquant wrote:
BokJock wrote:
piquant wrote:
4071 wrote:

in his defence he was being sarcastic

It is possible he'd describe shitting the bed as an act of sarcasm

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 11:38 pm 

He really does have the best words and the best brain.

Quote:
“I tested very positively in another sense. So, this morning, yeah, I tested positively toward negative, right? No, I tested perfectly this morning. Meaning I tested negative. But that’s the way it’s taken, positively toward the negative.”

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 12:08 am 

Kiwias wrote:

Quote:
“I tested very positively in another sense. So, this morning, yeah, I tested positively toward negative, right? No, I tested perfectly this morning. Meaning I tested negative. But that’s the way it’s taken, positively toward the negative.”

Stephen Sondheim said it best : "Send in the Clowns!"

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 12:19 am 

Kiwias wrote:

Quote:

In another sense? I get a headache reading that. I blame my 5G wireless connection

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 12:20 am 

wamberal99 wrote:
Kiwias wrote:

Quote:

Don't worry.
They're here.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 12:20 am 

wamberal99 wrote:
Kiwias wrote:

Quote:

"Don't bother, they're here."

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 12:24 am 

Kiwias wrote:

Quote:

I know it's often characteristic of an American to use 20 words when 5 will do...but fwck me.

Did you take a test today Mr President?
Yes, and it was negative.

Next question.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 12:25 am 

Trump doesn't even do joined up thinking, much less writing.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 1:09 am 

ticketlessinseattle wrote:
6.Jones wrote:
BokJock wrote:

Obamagate is the gate into pizzagate..
ps I'd be happy if anyone (orange shitgibbon supporter or not) could explain it

Obamagate can't be explained, because it doesn't exist. Bit that's got nothing to do withe reality. Hilary got killed by 9 investigations into Benghazi. The fact that they couldn't pin anything was ultimately irrelevant. There were 9 investigations in the public eye, so ultimately the end result simply didn't matter. The same for Obamagate - throw the mud often and repeatedly and the truth simply doesn't matter anymore.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 3:11 am 

BillW wrote:
People need reminding that it was front line medical personell who first touted Hydrochloroquine in this pandemic, not Trump.

He just made sure that America had adequate supplies and defended the right of frontline medical staff to take it as a prophylactic.

This was enough to enrage the fake news channels and trigger the TDS echo chambers and so began one of the more bizarre episodes of this era.

The politicisation of a medical treatment.

If Trump hadn't mentioned it few people outside of the medical profession would know what it was or even care.

Totally weird.

It may well be that TDS is not the cause of this phenomenon but the only other plausible explanation is improbable.

Given the large population of anti-Trumpers it is unlikely that such a big proportion of them could have been dropped on their heads in childhood.

I don't think anyone thought this was an original idea from Trump. It's what he has done with the idea that has caused criticism. He taken an idea was under discussion and had been used in desperation based on some very limited tests outside of the human body which showed it might inhibit the virus (something bleach also does) . An idea that most of the medics involved would be the first to say is unproven and needed far more study. He's expanded on that idea based on no real evidence, and used it to to try and downplay the seriousness of the crisis. That it's under control and a miracle cure is probably already available.

As to making sure their was adequate supply? 50 million doses or something like that wasn't it. So that's about a 6th of the US population covered for today using it in the way Trump suggested. What are you going to do tomorrow? What are those who actually need it for it's intended purpose going to do?

But no, it's TDS to even ask these questions.

It would be great if it turned out that it did indeed provide all of the benefits that Trump has claimed it does. But there is currently much more evidence suggesting that is not the case, than there is suggesting it might be. Not that Trump's ego will allow him or his dedicated followers to actually look at the evidence with any sort of impartiality.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 4:53 am 

Plus, Trump making sure it’s available for people who want to take it to treat/prevent Covid( against which it is unproven) is making it harder to find for people who do need it (to treat diseases against which it is proven).

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 7:19 am 

Merry Billnutjob wrote:
DOB wrote:
Plus, Trump making sure it’s available for people who want to take it to treat/prevent Covid( against which it is unproven) is making it harder to find for people who do need it (to treat diseases against which it is proven).
I've been taking hydroxy for 7 weeks and I ain't got no coroni yet. Thanks be to Don

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 7:40 am 

I've been drinking beer and I haven't caught it either.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 9:05 am 

I haven't been drinking beer and I haven't caught it either.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 9:10 am 

I've been drinking gin and tonics...purely for the medicinal qualities of the quinine. We are fighting off malaria aren't we? I lose track...

Can't actually get hold of the hydroxychloroquine anyway so I'm going for the next best, and tastiest, thing.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 9:16 am 

I've taken chloroquine when traveling in malaria-ridden areas of SE Asia. Horrible shit; gives you the strangest dreams/nightmares and makes you extremely sensitive to sunburn. Not something I'd be taking for fun.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 9:26 am 

Kiwias wrote:

Quote:

Donald Rumsfeld would be turning in his grave, if he was dead.

There are positive positives, and positive negatives, and negative positives, and is that a bird?

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 9:55 am 

6.Jones wrote:
Kiwias wrote:

Quote:

Donald Rumsfeld would be turning in his grave, if he was dead.

There are positive positives, and positive negatives, and negative positives, and is that a bird?

:lol: yeah, but its the unknown negatives that you need to be wary of

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 10:07 am 

Fat Old Git wrote:
I've been drinking beer and I haven't caught it either.

Some journalist HAS to make that statement to teetotal Trump. Please!

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 10:53 am 

Kiwias wrote:

Quote:

I mean, yeah, but you can't vote for Biden because he is the senile one.

Remember how much Bush Jr was mocked for the "fool me once, can't get fooled again" line...that would constitute a success for Trump in terms of coherency.

Are we absolutely sure English is Trump's first language?

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 11:00 am 

Biden's also the one who's dodgy with women right? Was he the creepy one? It's hard to keep track.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 11:09 am 

Fat Old Git wrote:
Biden's also the one who's dodgy with women right? Was he the creepy one? It's hard to keep track.

Biden is definitely creepy - the hair smelling thing is weird as hell. Against a normal candidate it would really hurt him...against Trump he's still got a lot of sexual assaulting to do to get close to his tally, and hair sniffing isn't going to cut it.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 11:18 am 

BokJock wrote:
Kiwias wrote:

Quote:

I mean, yeah, but you can't vote for Biden because he is the senile one.

Remember how much Bush Jr was mocked for the "fool me once, can't get fooled again" line...that would constitute a success for Trump in terms of coherency.

Are we absolutely sure English is Trump's first language?

And remember Dan Quayle got mocked hard for spelling potato wrong? And we thought that was dumb. I guess Trump speaks whatever shitgibbons speak.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 12:41 pm 

:lol:

bless 'em..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2805, 2806, 2807, 2808, 2809, 2810, 2811 ... 2831  Next