Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:48 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107064 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2673, 2674, 2675, 2676, 2677
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:37 pm 

Re the eagle on the Trump re-election t-shirt. To me it looks more pigeon that bald eagle.

Reminds me of this painting of the seal that I saw in the Trinity church in lower Manhattan a few years back. I like the industriousness of the wild turkey more than the carrion loving habits of the bald eagle.

Spoilered for size

Spoiler: show

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:04 am 

55,000 new cases of COVID-19 in the USA over the past 24 hours. Donald Trump boasted that the "China virus" would be eradicated from the USA by Easter. Could one of the Kool-Aid drinkers explain the disparity between what Trump said and what has happened? Was he just trolling lefties? Or is this all part of his plan to make America great again?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:31 am 

And the US death toll is now 132K. :(

What a fecking shitshow.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:49 am 

Big events planned in South Dakota and DC to celebrate 4 July.

Trump is just trolling now.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:02 am 

Trump campaigning in front of thousands of adoring fans, with no social distancing in place. On the same day that the USA had 55,000 confirmed new infections. History students will study this period of American history in awe and disbelief.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:03 am 

dam0 wrote:

Do we call it trolling when so many people are dying?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:06 am 

Kiwias wrote:
dam0 wrote:

Do we call it trolling when so many people are dying?

Seneca assured me years ago that it was trolling. He told me that Trump's words and actions are entirely about trolling lefties, and if you get angry or react to him then he has won and you're his plaything, his bitch, his private dancer. 132, 000 deaths in the USA is just him trolling lefties.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:11 am 

Has anybody seen this article on ABC News?

Kimberly Guilfoyle, Donald Trump Jr.'s girlfriend, tests positive for coronavirus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:03 am 

Ali's Choice wrote:
Trump campaigning in front of thousands of adoring fans, with no social distancing in place. On the same day that the USA had 55,000 confirmed new infections. History students will study this period of American history in awe and disbelief.

In Tulsa campaign staff (there is film of it) went around removing the 'do not sit here' social distancing stickers from the seats before the event.

Pointlessly as it turned out as far as expected attendance goes :lol:

For the Mt. Rushmore event they've realised the temporary seats are movable.....so have joined them together with tape - or they might have used the unwanted free masks, not sure.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:13 am 

Fat Old Git wrote:

What a fecking shitshow.

I think you'll find that President Trump is handling it "fine".

Better than some Western leaders, anyway...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:28 am 

Rinkals wrote:
Fat Old Git wrote:

What a fecking shitshow.

Is he still boasting that other leaders are always calling him for advice on how to deal with coronavirus?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:53 am 

Fangle wrote:
Ted. wrote:
Petros wrote:
Ted. wrote:
shanky wrote:

No one is saying that Fangle

But directing ALL production to one single market, is actually counter productive, no? For political reasons

Precisely.

As an aside, given then age and relatively, until now, cost effectiveness of this drug, I imagine the company who developed it have well and truly recovered their costs.

While there is an obvious profit motive for anyone in the pharmacy game, I believe it is incumbent on them to not take undue advantage of situations like a pandemic, during which they are going to gain handsomely regardless. It's not very Christian to rort and gouge your way through a health crisis.

There is no way Gilead will have recovered their costs on remdesivir. It has been licensed for about 1 month and has never been marketed prior to that. It is not an old drug. The first patent related to it was only filed in July 2010.

Sorry,, I was thinking of the steroid that has seen some success in reducing symptoms. My second point still stands. Being in the health game suggests some standards of proprietary in civilised societies. While I don't blame them for favouring their home country, depriving the rest of the world of the opportunity is not a good look. I hope countries have a very long memory for this sort of actions.

On a personal level as I am in a high risk category, I hope that the USA keeps enough stock so I can have access to the drug should I need it.

If it is effective I hope my government can secure enough of the drug for anybody who may need it.

PS. While not quite in your league, Fangle, I'm not exactly a spring chicken either. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:06 am 

Ted. wrote:
Fangle wrote:
Ted. wrote:
Petros wrote:
Ted. wrote:
Precisely.

As an aside, given then age and relatively, until now, cost effectiveness of this drug, I imagine the company who developed it have well and truly recovered their costs.

While there is an obvious profit motive for anyone in the pharmacy game, I believe it is incumbent on them to not take undue advantage of situations like a pandemic, during which they are going to gain handsomely regardless. It's not very Christian to rort and gouge your way through a health crisis.

There is no way Gilead will have recovered their costs on remdesivir. It has been licensed for about 1 month and has never been marketed prior to that. It is not an old drug. The first patent related to it was only filed in July 2010.

Sorry,, I was thinking of the steroid that has seen some success in reducing symptoms. My second point still stands. Being in the health game suggests some standards of proprietary in civilised societies. While I don't blame them for favouring their home country, depriving the rest of the world of the opportunity is not a good look. I hope countries have a very long memory for this sort of actions.

On a personal level as I am in a high risk category, I hope that the USA keeps enough stock so I can have access to the drug should I need it.

If it is effective I hope my government can secure enough of the drug for anybody who may need it.

PS. While not quite in your league, Fangle, I'm not exactly a spring chicken either. ;)

That was actually part of what I was saying in a previous post; namely that the drug is available in generic form, but not in the US or in Europe.

Fangle's objection to that was that Gilead is entitled to make money on their R&D and producing generic drugs impinges on their right to make a profit.

It does mean that your Government can probably secure some if your life needs saving, though.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:20 am 

Kiwias wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
Fat Old Git wrote:

What a fecking shitshow.

Is he still boasting that other leaders are always calling him for advice on how to deal with coronavirus?

He's clearly doing a phenomenal job.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:29 am 

In a slightly different note, Trump's comment about why the Mt Rushmore fireworks are no longer a fire rush. "What's going the burn? It's all rock."

You'd think a stable genius might be able to work it out.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:54 am 

Fat Old Git wrote:
In a slightly different note, Trump's comment about why the Mt Rushmore fireworks are no longer a fire rush. "What's going the burn? It's all rock."

You'd think a stable genius might be able to work it out.

He must have instructed the Forest Service to rake the forest floors in the surrounding area.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:55 am 

Fat Old Git wrote:

What a fecking shitshow.

When you had 5 of the biggest Democrat states sending CoVid patients to nursing homes - its no wonder.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:27 am 

kiwinoz

Agreed, in the early days but the latest surge in cases has nothing to do with that.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:03 pm 

Kiwias wrote:
kiwinoz

Agreed, in the early days but the latest surge in cases has nothing to do with that.

Consistency of opinion occasionally requires the discarding of facts.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:42 pm 

4071 wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
kiwinoz

We were taking about the death toll at 132k so my point stands. It was essentially mandated murder.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:42 pm 

kiwinoz wrote:
Fat Old Git wrote:

What a fecking shitshow.

When you had 5 of the biggest Democrat states sending CoVid patients to nursing homes - its no wonder.

Yes indeed. Apart from that the response to the pandemic had phenomenal. And fortunately almost all of the cases have been contained to those 5 democrat states.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:53 pm 

kiwinoz wrote:
4071 wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
kiwinoz

We were taking about the death toll at 132k so my point stands. It was essentially mandated murder.

No-one is disagreeing with you. But that does not explain the shape of the curve of new cases in the US, which never dropped back to anywhere close to the initial stages and is now surging to absurd levels.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:26 pm 

Kiwias wrote:
Has anybody seen this article on ABC News?

Kimberly Guilfoyle, Donald Trump Jr.'s girlfriend, tests positive for coronavirus

Only two degrees of separation now.
Fingers crossed.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:45 pm 

Tucker Carlson now being announced as a likely candidate for 2024. Trump's successor they say.

Scary thought because he is a Trump with a brain.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107064 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2673, 2674, 2675, 2676, 2677