Mick Mannock

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Mick Mannock »

Nice pun.

Are you Ok with media corruption?
Big Nipper

Post by Big Nipper »

Mick Mannock wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:40 am Nice pun.

Are you Ok with media corruption?
As you are the one making the accusation, you are goering to have to provide me with evidence of media corruption
Mr Mike

Post by Mr Mike »

trapper wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:49 am
iarmhiman wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:35 am If Trump wins , I console myself it's only 4 more years. Not like is Xi from China or Putin from Russia who are presidents for life.

Think Biden did enough though. Trump got no knockout punches in.
Biden did enough by not making a major gaffe And I reckon that's all he had to do. Not sure what to make of Trump, the man is full of confidence but didn't really reduce Biden to a blithering idiot which is what he obviously set out to do, so a win for Biden I guess. Either way, I don't think this debate changed anything.
:thumbup: to both.
CrazyIslander

Post by CrazyIslander »

Meanwhile there's a war between Armenia and Azerbaijan. It's a sure sign of the Trump administration is that there's no word from the US.Yet France and Turkey might be drawn in on opposite sides. Sign of the times.
MrJonno

Post by MrJonno »

Mick Mannock wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:46 am
Big Nipper wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:40 am
Mick Mannock wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:38 am
Sawtooth the Beaver wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:35 am if Trump wins we will all be sad for America and especially the planet.
That's fine. We can have different opinions.
Could you just admit that you are big fan of Trump and would vote for him in a heartbeat if you lived in the US
What a fucking stupid thing to write.
I can now see you are a total idiot-child.
Presumably this makes you a fan of BN
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

MrJonno wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:09 pm
Sawtooth the Beaver wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:35 am if Trump wins we will all be sad for America and especially the planet.
Could you just admit that you are big fan of Trump and would vote for him in a heartbeat if you lived in the US
I don't know what you mean. Some idiot thinks that living in the US gives voting rights.
6.Jones

Post by 6.Jones »

Mick Mannock wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:16 pm

I don't know what you mean. Some idiot thinks that living in the US gives voting rights.
Surely it's obvious what big nipple meant?
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Mr Mike wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:45 am
iarmhiman wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:35 am If Trump wins , I console myself it's only 4 more years. Not like is Xi from China or Putin from Russia who are presidents for life.

Biden did enough by not making a major gaffe And I reckon that's all he had to do. Not sure what to make of Trump, the man is full of confidence but didn't really reduce Biden to a blithering idiot which is what he obviously set out to do, so a win for Biden I guess. Either way, I don't think this debate changed anything.

:thumbup: , survival is a big win for Biden.

Next real bet is how long he’ll actually be president for.

And of course what actual policies the Dems are going to bring. I’ve no real idea.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

He will never take office.

Biden is total filth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiiSq7toqlQ

He is also old enough to die without much shock

He either loses (the best outcome), wins but gets removed, or wins and "dies"
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

6.Jones wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:19 pm
Mick Mannock wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:16 pm
Surely it's obvious what big nipple meant?
OK, if I lived a totally different life, in a totally different country, with totally different experiences, I might vote for Trump. Or I might not. How can I start to address his stupid point?
Big Nipper

Post by Big Nipper »

Mick Mannock wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:33 pm He will never take office.

Biden is total filth

THE SMOCKING GUN!!! HELLLZ YEAH!
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

And I don't look at this in terms of what he does, blue states and red states. They’re all the United States. And look at the states that are having such a spike in the coronavirus. They’re the red states.
Biden cannot remember what he said ten seconds earlier.

He is never going take office.
Lose
Be removed
Die

One of the three
Sawtooth the Beaver

Post by Sawtooth the Beaver »

corrupt media? it's all very mysterious, personally I'm foxed.
Last edited by Sawtooth the Beaver on Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheFrog

Post by TheFrog »

Some thought on the Hunter's laptop saga.

If this is true, and there is corruption and conflict of interest, this is a serious issue and one that should lead to Biden being held accountable for it and stepping down.

However, where I have a problem believing it is true (until I am proven wrong) is hereb:

- Trump used similar smear campaign against Clinton ("lock her up") to sink her but nothing came out of it. There was no jailing Clinton, no prosecution. Nothing.

- The source of this new find is Giuliani, the man who has already been involved with the Ukraine scandal and whose associates in the Ukraine business have been jailed

- There are previous with the Trump entourage tampering with witnesses. Difficult to then consider the new witnesses credible

- Apparently, this goes back to 2019 but nobody thought it would be ethical and moral to bring this up to the attention of the justice system and police back then, so that a proper inquiry would be run in due time and, if the material was confirmed to be true and the story valid, to make sure a criminal was adequately sentenced and possible corrupt candidate removed from the stage. No, apparently it made more sense to sit on it and bring it up just weeks before the election

For these reasons, I say this stinks the Trump/Giuliani desperate gambit.
P in VG

Post by P in VG »

Biden is total filth

redderneck

Post by redderneck »

Mick Mannock wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:03 pm
And I don't look at this in terms of what he does, blue states and red states. They’re all the United States. And look at the states that are having such a spike in the coronavirus. They’re the red states.

Lose
Be removed
Die

One of the three
Hey, let's just have a die-off. I'd be cool with that. Trump, as the sitting PRES obviously gets to tee off first.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

TheFrog wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:05 pm Some thought on the Hunter's laptop saga.

If this is true, and there is corruption and conflict of interest, this is a serious issue and one that should lead to Biden being held accountable for it and stepping down.

However, where I have a problem believing it is true (until I am proven wrong) is hereb:

- Trump used similar smear campaign against Clinton ("lock her up") to sink her but nothing came out of it. There was no jailing Clinton, no prosecution. Nothing.

- The source of this new find is Giuliani, the man who has already been involved with the Ukraine scandal and whose associates in the Ukraine business have been jailed

- There are previous with the Trump entourage tampering with witnesses. Difficult to then consider the new witnesses credible

- Apparently, this goes back to 2019 but nobody thought it would be ethical and moral to bring this up to the attention of the justice system and police back then, so that a proper inquiry would be run in due time and, if the material was confirmed to be true and the story valid, to make sure a criminal was adequately sentenced and possible corrupt candidate removed from the stage. No, apparently it made more sense to sit on it and bring it up just weeks before the election

Who knows. It might be.
Did you make the "sitting on information for long means it stinks" argument in relation to the Trump tax story?

For whatever reason, Bobulinski testifies to the Senate Committee today
TheFrog

Post by TheFrog »

CrazyIslander wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:52 am Meanwhile there's a war between Armenia and Azerbaijan. It's a sure sign of the Trump administration is that there's no word from the US.Yet France and Turkey might be drawn in on opposite sides. Sign of the times.

This is a serious issue and illustrate Trump's handling of foreign policy. In this case, pretend the issue doesn't exist hoping that won't affect his reelection and go away on it's own. Reminds me when he was trying to play down Iran's shooting of US drones or North Korea firing of missiles ("it's ok", he would say, "those are not ICBM and Kim is not breaking his promises to me" - who give a shit about Koreans and Japanese, he?)

The Armenia-Azebadjian war has the potential to spill out, and involves Russia, Turkey on one side with the French on the other side. The USA are sitting on the fence but still providing aid to Azerbadjian.

This could turn nasty.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

TheFrog wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:22 pm
CrazyIslander wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:52 am Meanwhile there's a war between Armenia and Azerbaijan. It's a sure sign of the Trump administration is that there's no word from the US.Yet France and Turkey might be drawn in on opposite sides. Sign of the times.

This is a serious issue and illustrate Trump's handling of foreign policy. In this case, pretend the issue doesn't exist hoping that won't affect his reelection and go away on it's own. Reminds me when he was trying to play down Iran's shooting of US drones or North Korea firing of missiles ("it's ok", he would say, "those are not ICBM and Kim is not breaking his promises to me" - who give a shit about Koreans and Japanese, he?)

The Armenia-Azebadjian war has the potential to spill out, and involves Russia, Turkey on one side with the French on the other side. The USA are sitting on the fence but still providing aid to Azerbadjian.

This could turn nasty.
I have not been following this, but smash Turkey.
TheFrog

Post by TheFrog »

Mick Mannock wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:17 pm
TheFrog wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:05 pm Some thought on the Hunter's laptop saga.

Who knows. It might be.
Did you make the "sitting on information for long means it stinks" argument in relation to the Trump tax story?

With respect to Trump tax story, the issue is different. Trump has been fighting in court for years now to prevent any investigation into his tax returns. So there is actually a due justice process on-going and the one slowing it down is Trump.

In addition, he has been promising American people that he would release his tax returns soon... for years again... we are not sure whether he will first share his health care plan (due soon too... despite 4 years in power working to undo Obama's work) or his tax returns.

So really, for the Trump tax, he is the one living it to rot and only has himself to blame.

And in this case, really, one can't help thinking "what does he have to hide?"

Of course, he deserves like any other person, to have a fair legal treatment of this affair. But could he actually let justice do its job?
TheFrog

Post by TheFrog »

Who knows. It might be.

Same Senate committee who cleared Biden of any wrong doing in Ukraine not long ago.
TheFrog

Post by TheFrog »

Mick Mannock wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:25 pm

This could turn nasty.
Trump won't let it happen. Erdogan is his best pal. He is the man with whom he has talked most during his presidency.

Trump has a special thing for Turkey. Ask the Kurds who were fighting the ISIS war on the ground for the allies. They remember that Trump removed US troops from Syria and allowed Turkey to smash them.

That's how Trump attributes his allies.
Whatever

Post by Whatever »

Mick Mannock wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:25 pm

This could turn nasty.
Breaking news of a "Credible intelligence warning" this morning for Americans in Turkey.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

TheFrog wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:28 pm

Who knows. It might be.

Same Senate committee who cleared Biden of any wrong doing in Ukraine not long ago.
No idea. Does a previous clearance matter?
ticketlessinseattle

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

Lose
Be removed
Die

One of the three
if an independent physician did a total check up on both the Donald and Biden who do you think he'd say is likely to die first ?
Big Nipper

Post by Big Nipper »

ticketlessinseattle wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:37 pm

Lose
Be removed
Die

One of the three
if an independent physician did a total check up on both the Donald and Biden who do you think he'd say is likely to die first ?
Well clearly Trump has been chugging down on Adrenochrome so he will live forever if QAnon is to be believed
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Lose
Be removed
Die

One of the three
What? :lol:
BokJock

Post by BokJock »

Lose
Be removed
Die

One of the three
You'd have a hard time convincing me that a 6ft 3, 239lbs man is not the healthiest president of all time...
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

Santa wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:18 am So there are two issues with this HB story: first the contents of the story itself and second the behaviour of the media and the second one is potentially the most consequential because without the second we don't get to the first.

The content
Looks a bit dodge in some ways. Definitely worth exploring to find the facts.

The Media
Almost without exception the media has not only failed to look at this, they have refused to and some have even tried to obstruct it. And that has all been done with the aim of having one candidate elected over the other. There is a story here that merits investigation. Even if it all turns out to be bollocks it needs to be investigated to determine that. That is precisely the media's role. Their only role. The whole reason why they enjoy all of the protections that they have. But they have decided to not perform their role in order to get a preferred candidate elected.

It is one thing to report with a slant. That is not what has happened here. Instead we have had actual disinformation from the media. Deliberate disinformation and downright obstruction. Some of you cannot even see that that is a bad thing. Millions can't. And that is why we are all f**ked.
THe content is dodgy. Thats why the WSJ printed the story in it's opinion pages and the news part debunked it.
Derwyn

Post by Derwyn »

This could turn nasty.
I hear every french soldier is equipped with a white flag.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

bimboman wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:25 pm
Mr Mike wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:45 am

:thumbup: , survival is a big win for Biden.

Next real bet is how long he’ll actually be president for.

And of course what actual policies the Dems are going to bring. I’ve no real idea.
I think he'll be 4 years max. He could die in the job making Kamala president.
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

Micks meltdown on this thread is something special. Not a Trump fan though.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

The Nagarno Karabakh one is very interesting.

Russia: Want a frozen conflict. Won't back either side
Turkey: Explicitly backing Azerbaijan and may end up joining the war

Here is the one no one is talking about: Iran

You would think they would back Azerbaijan: Shia Islam, massive Azeri diaspora in Iran.

They are covertly backing Armenia as they f**king hate Turkey and are on opposite sides in the Syrian war.

France will back Armenia.
Santa

Post by Santa »

paddyor wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:12 pm
Santa wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:18 am So there are two issues with this HB story: first the contents of the story itself and second the behaviour of the media and the second one is potentially the most consequential because without the second we don't get to the first.

The content
Looks a bit dodge in some ways. Definitely worth exploring to find the facts.

The Media
Almost without exception the media has not only failed to look at this, they have refused to and some have even tried to obstruct it. And that has all been done with the aim of having one candidate elected over the other. There is a story here that merits investigation. Even if it all turns out to be bollocks it needs to be investigated to determine that. That is precisely the media's role. Their only role. The whole reason why they enjoy all of the protections that they have. But they have decided to not perform their role in order to get a preferred candidate elected.

It is one thing to report with a slant. That is not what has happened here. Instead we have had actual disinformation from the media. Deliberate disinformation and downright obstruction. Some of you cannot even see that that is a bad thing. Millions can't. And that is why we are all f**ked.
THe content is dodgy. Thats why the WSJ printed the story in it's opinion pages and the news part debunked it.
Wrong. The content is what it is. You're talking about a difference of analysis.

There was a question about whether the content was real and that seems to have been answered: it appears that it (or some of it) is. So the position that it is disinformation was so made up that it is more-or-less a lie. The fact that the media took that line is a complete derogation of its role.

The second question is what does the content mean, and that is where the conflict between the two reports is. It's a difference of analysis. As more content comes to light the analysis will improve, which is not to say that we will get a clear answer.

And again, the media in general is not bothered to try, and it it is motivated purely by political concerns in taking that view.

This is super basic stuff. Please stop getting it wrong.

And while you're at it please point out the debunked bits.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

paddyor wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:14 pm Micks meltdown on this thread is something special. Not a Trump fan though.

More history.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

paddyor wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:14 pm Micks meltdown on this thread is something special. Not a Trump fan though.
What is your definition of meltdown, boy?
Big Nipper

Post by Big Nipper »

Mick Mannock wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:57 pm
Are you channeling your inner Wilson's Toffee?

Post by 4071 »

Biden is total filth

Fascinating how someone who has so relentlessly defended outright corruption is able to so transparently lie about having a moral standpoint now.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Big Nipper wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:03 pm
Mick Mannock wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:57 pm
Are you channeling your inner Wilson's Toffee?

Was he a commander when you were bad?
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

4071 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:04 pm

Biden is total filth

Fascinating how someone who has so relentlessly defended outright corruption is able to so transparently lie about having a moral standpoint now.

Indeed it is.