All things Rugby
TheFrog

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by TheFrog »

Santa wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:37 am
merry! wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:24 am 52-48

a great day for lovers of freedom around the world. :thumbup:
The world feels juat a little safer today. :thumbup:
A little bit more hypocrisy... before claiming the moral high ground again. Meh...

I think the Dems have now a moral obligation to pack the court.
Mr Mike

Post by Mr Mike »

CrazyIslander wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:28 am I wonder if the Dems win both houses whether they could impeach ACB due to the improper process of her nomination.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

BokJock wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:43 pm
Fat Old Git wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:22 pm
4071 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:04 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:23 pm
TheFrog wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:48 am Interesting analysis

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... tudy-trump
Nothing surprising tbf. You'd have to be someone like Mick not to get it.
I think Mick gets it.

The strong correlation between support for Trump and pro-autocratic attitudes has been well-understood for some time.

These people (even the ones that rather amusingly claim to be libertarian) have a preference for autocracy and a fear of the wrong autocrat getting in. The likes of Mick and Santa clearly justify their support for Trump by creating a fictional autocratic Left and pretending that only their autocrat can prevent the other autocrat from getting in.

It apparently never occurs to them that there is an alternative to autocracy.
Tbf, I'm not convince that Mick and Santa are really Trump supporters and not just low grade trolls who want to believe they're scoring cool points and winding people up.
I really so hope so, it would be properly sad if they were actually this gullible
Many millions of people are ☹️
jamesfreeman

Post by jamesfreeman »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:12 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:23 pm
Nothing surprising tbf. You'd have to be someone like Mick not to get it.
I think Mick gets it.

The strong correlation between support for Trump and pro-autocratic attitudes has been well-understood for some time.

These people (even the ones that rather amusingly claim to be libertarian) have a preference for autocracy and a fear of the wrong autocrat getting in. The likes of Mick and Santa clearly justify their support for Trump by creating a fictional autocratic Left and pretending that only their autocrat can prevent the other autocrat from getting in.

Tbf, I'm not convince that Mick and Santa are really Trump supporters and not just low grade trolls who want to believe they're scoring cool points and winding people up.
I really so hope so, it would be properly sad if they were actually this gullible
Over 60,000,000 and no trump is not the orange hitler or satan. Just a lot of rank and file Republican voters as well as the weirdo base trump built up in 2016...
Short Man Syndrome

Post by Short Man Syndrome »

If Trump happens to make a miraculous recovery from an apparently fatal head wound, and lose his right arm and right eye in the same incident, I would not be surprised at all. AT ALL.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

jamesfreeman wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:52 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:12 am

I think Mick gets it.

Over 60,000,000 and no trump is not the orange hitler or satan. Just a lot of rank and file Republican voters as well as the weirdo base trump built up in 2016...
It's the rank and file Republicans (including a former president) who refuse to vote for him who I understand. I wish like some others they would vote Democrat to hammer home the point.
fonzeee

Post by fonzeee »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:41 am It's the rank and file Republicans (including a former president) who refuse to vote for him who I understand. I wish like some others they would vote Democrat to hammer home the point.
Tbf the confirmation of a third(!) conservative justice in four years just a few hours ago could certainly be said to vindicate the hold-your-nose-and-vote-for-whoever's-wearing-the-red-tie voters.

Lots of "ends justifying the means" rationalizations in this day and age, on both sides.
fonzeee

Post by fonzeee »

TheFrog wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:32 pm
fonzeee wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:34 pm I'll be damned if I'm going to go back through this thread but I presume the looming confirmation of ACB has been discussed?

I see Murkowski, who said she wouldn't vote for the confirmation, is going to vote to confirm. Some semantic excuse about disapproving of the process but approving the fitness of the nominee.
How's the family keeping by the way? Worried you haven't shared a few updates on your cousins.
Oh they're doing well, thanks for asking. While some were fretting over emails and "debates" and some sort of popularity contest run amok, they've headed south and are presently soaking up in the sun in Covidville, FL.

We have so much to learn from them.
fonzeee

Post by fonzeee »

"Hey girls, did you remember to vote? It's really important"

Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

fonzeee wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:58 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:41 am It's the rank and file Republicans (including a former president) who refuse to vote for him who I understand. I wish like some others they would vote Democrat to hammer home the point.
Tbf the confirmation of a third(!) conservative justice in four years just a few hours ago could certainly be said to vindicate the hold-your-nose-and-vote-for-whoever's-wearing-the-red-tie voters.

Lots of "ends justifying the means" rationalizations in this day and age, on both sides.
Biden is unacceptable to some Dems. They will not vote Trump, but will also not support Biden due to his stance on abortion.
Jim Lahey

Post by Jim Lahey »

Sleepy Joe versus The Donald

Please tell me 2024 will likely have a couple of serious candidates.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Jim Lahey wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:46 am Sleepy Joe versus The Donald

Please tell me 2024 will likely have a couple of serious candidates.
Candace v Big Mike
Derwyn

Post by Derwyn »

I’d imagine Don Jnr is eyeing up the hot seat. And probably Ted Cruz.

Tulsi Gabbard will the Democrats best bet. A candidate that would bring in votes from the centre left and the centre right.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Derwyn's fingering the pulse
Derwyn

Post by Derwyn »

EverReady wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:58 am Derwyn's fingering the pulse
Morning sweet cheeks x
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Derwyn wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:59 am
Morning sweet cheeks x
I'm going for a poo. Finger that
Derwyn

Post by Derwyn »

EverReady wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:07 am
Derwyn wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:59 am
Morning sweet cheeks x
I'm going for a poo. Finger that
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Mick Mannock wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:36 am

Biden is unacceptable to some Dems. They will not vote Trump, but will also not support Biden due to his stance on abortion.
Mr Biden's key message: We will protect a woman's right to choose and fight to keep access to abortion legal.

When was the last time these Dems voted for a Democratic presidential candidate ?
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:49 am
Mick Mannock wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:36 am

Mr Biden's key message: We will protect a woman's right to choose and fight to keep access to abortion legal.

When was the last time these Dems voted for a Democratic presidential candidate ?
Probably 2016. Almost certainly 2012
https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-democr ... 1596755305
It is paywalled.
Catman

Post by Catman »

4 more years of George Lopez :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj0DRjlfvhw

Post by 4071 »

Mick Mannock wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:50 pm
4071 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:36 pm
Mick Mannock wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:33 pm
bimboman wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:29 pm 4071, repeats some stunning research and mathematics....

There’s some other versions out there.

Brilliant.
Whatever he is up to, I am not clicking any more of his speciality links.
Political Science Quarterly.

A journal of Public and International Affairs, published since 1886 by the Academy of Political Science.

I know, I know. Fake News.

Whatever.
The requested file is available at this link only for 10 minutes.
Still gives this result.
Yes, the requested file was only available at the link for 10 minutes. I'm not sure if you understand how time works, but if that 10 minute period had already expired in the past, then it wasn't going to be any less expired a week later.

However, you could look at the root of the URL and work out the source (even if I hadn't told you the source), and I included the names of the people who contributed to the study. It wouldn't take a genius to work out how to find the information.

Not that you would read it anyway.

Nor would you need to - I posted it for Bimbo to ignore, rather than you, as he was the one who had demanded the information under the mistaken belief that such studies didn't exist.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

4071 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:58 am
bimboman wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:29 pm 4071, repeats some stunning research and mathematics....

There’s some other versions out there.

Brilliant.

A journal of Public and International Affairs, published since 1886 by the Academy of Political Science.

Whatever.
Still gives this result.
Yes, the requested file was only available at the link for 10 minutes. I'm not sure if you understand how time works, but if that 10 minute period had already expired in the past, then it wasn't going to be any less expired a week later.

However, you could look at the root of the URL and work out the source (even if I hadn't told you the source), and I included the names of the people who contributed to the study. It wouldn't take a genius to work out how to find the information.

Nor would you need to - I posted it for Bimbo to ignore, rather than you, as he was the one who had demanded the information under the mistaken belief that such studies didn't exist.
It would be nice if you stopped being such a prissy self-important little pansy.
I am not sure there is anyone on here who takes themselves so seriously as you do.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Mick Mannock wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:53 am
It is paywalled.
I actually thought you were not one of these posters

Post by 4071 »

Sure, it's "both sides"

Right.

Post by 4071 »

Mick Mannock wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:02 am
4071 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:58 am

Whatever.
Still gives this result.

It would be nice if you stopped being such a prissy self-important little pansy.
I am not sure there is anyone on here who takes themselves so seriously as you do.
Homophobia on top of the paedo obsession.

I'm not sure being here is good for your mental health. You might need a little lie-down.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

I withdraw "pansy."
I will substitute "boring, dull, prig."
Derwyn

Post by Derwyn »

Order! Order! Would the right honourable gentleman please withdraw that remark.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Derwyn wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:19 am Order! Order! Would the right honourable gentleman please withdraw that remark.
Could I call him "scum?"
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

TheFrog wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:03 am

A little bit more hypocrisy... before claiming the moral high ground again. Meh...

Dangerous and frankly ignorant nonsense.

Anyway I wonder who gets today’s Paedo accusation
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Mullet 2 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:25 am

Hunter Biden

Post by 4071 »

Mick Mannock wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:12 am I withdraw "pansy."
I will substitute "boring, dull, prig."
:thumbup:
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

He on the ballot?
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Let's see if Trump gets a bounce on the back of this supreme court appointment.

I'm hoping it gets every Dem out to vote.

Post by 4071 »

Mick Mannock wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:28 am
Mullet 2 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:25 am

Hunter Biden
And not the guy who was accused of raping a child (who then withdrew the claim after threats from Trump's acolytes), and who has been caught on camera making sexually inappropriate comments about a 10-year old girl and who has actually admitted deliberately walking in on underage girls whilst they are getting changed?

He's fine, right?
Derwyn

Post by Derwyn »

Mullet 2 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:30 am He on the ballot?
I think it is now established that sleepy Joe is up to his eyeballs in corruption.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

iarmhiman wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:33 am Let's see if Trump gets a bounce on the back of this supreme court appointment.

I'm hoping it gets every Dem out to vote.
Christians don't need him now.

Only tolerated a chronic adulterer who gets pissed on both literally and figuratively by Russians to get some Conservatives on the court.

Job done.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Derwyn wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:35 am
I think it is now established that sleepy Joe is up to his eyeballs in corruption.
It won't make a difference this time. I think the supreme court announcement could get more conservative undecided voters to vote for Trump.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

It hasn't really but do carry on.

This disgrace to GOP politics will be gone in a week.
CrazyIslander

Post by CrazyIslander »

That smear tactic worked against Hilary last time but don't think people will be fooled twice now that they've gotten to know Donald better.