POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

All things Rugby
Sawtooth the Beaver

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Sawtooth the Beaver »

Why does Sancho Panza follow Don Quixote?

The simple peasant who follows Don Quixote out of greed, curiosity, and loyalty, Sancho is the novel's only character to exist both inside and outside of Don Quixote's mad world.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Even his running mate thinks Mr Biden is a pervert.

Mr Biden is an old segregationist, racist.

That is your hero.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Now describe your hero.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Mick Mannock wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:58 pm Even his running mate thinks Mr Biden is a pervert.

That is your hero.
No, that’s you being a moron as per. It’s hilarious watching one of the boards worst racist shitbags accusing joe Biden of being racist. And pathetic.
Masterji

Post by Masterji »

Mick Mannock wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:49 pm
Masterji wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:28 pm
Mick Mannock wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:33 pm
AND-y wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:25 pm Steven Crowder, Sargon of Akkad and Paul Joseph Watson
Crowder is good.
https://www.youtube.com/c/Timcast/featured
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzTvzw ... hjQO2OmxMw Only one vid but interesting
https://www.youtube.com/c/NewsmaxtvLive/featured
https://www.youtube.com/c/DrSteveTurleyTV/featured
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ46mS ... vUr2gX0RPw

Just for starters. Some of these cover interesting news.

And I don't really care if anyone wishes to dismiss these sources.
When is the big challenge in the courts coming , I am still waiting. What happened to that women who was Trumps lawyer? I thought she had all the evidence.
Why not just follow the news?
I trust you as my source, so what's happening man. When are they going to court? Don't tell she turned out to be another Trump nutter?
Fat Old Git

Post by Fat Old Git »

Mick Mannock wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:58 pm Even his running mate thinks Mr Biden is a pervert.

That is your hero.
You're making the common mistake of thinking that if people think Trump is bad, they must absolutely love the alternative.

I also wonder about your repeated claims about Biden being a pervert. The worst we have seen are some slightly awkward pictures with children, usually presented out of context, of him trying to be affectionate or comforting. Yet you appear to leap to the conclusion that there must be sexual component to them.

I really hope you are only trolling and that it's not a reflection of your character.
Sefton

Post by Sefton »

Mick is projecting.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:05 am

That is your hero.
No, that’s you being a moron as per. It’s hilarious watching one of the boards worst racist shitbags accusing joe Biden of being racist. And pathetic.
I am not racist.

You probably are though.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Sefton wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:24 am Mick is projecting.
No.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Fat Old Git wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:21 am

That is your hero.
You're making the common mistake of thinking that if people think Trump is bad, they must absolutely love the alternative.

I also wonder about your repeated claims about Biden being a pervert. The worst we have seen are some slightly awkward pictures with children, usually presented out of context, of him trying to be affectionate or comforting. Yet you appear to leap to the conclusion that there must be sexual component to them.

I really hope you are only trolling and that it's not a reflection of your character.
OK, you are not a supporter of Biden. That is cool :thumbup:
CrazyIslander

Post by CrazyIslander »

That is your hero.
Unfortunately Biden turned out to be the Democrat nominee. The election was about voting Trump out. People would've voted in a can of tomato had it been the nominee.
CrazyIslander

Post by CrazyIslander »

Mick Mannock wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:30 am

That is your hero.
I am not racist.

You probably are though.
You have a Jamaican wife right?
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Mick Mannock wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:31 am
Sefton wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:24 am Mick is projecting.
No.
Of course you aren't. Because you're trolling. Someone who actually cared wouldn't be so impassionate.
Derwyn

Post by Derwyn »

Pennsylvania legislature will introduce a resolution, declaring the results of statewide electoral contests in the 2020 General Election to be in dispute
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Derwyn wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:03 am
Pennsylvania legislature will introduce a resolution, declaring the results of statewide electoral contests in the 2020 General Election to be in dispute
A spokesman for House Majority Leader Kerry Benninghoff, R-Centre County, repeated on Friday what his caucus leaders stated earlier; they are standing by tradition of the popular vote winner in the presidential race getting the electors.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

CrazyIslander wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:51 am

That is your hero.
I am not racist.

You probably are though.
No.
CrazyIslander

Post by CrazyIslander »

Mick Mannock wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:15 am

That is your hero.
I am not racist.

You probably are though.
No.
Reported
TheFrog

Post by TheFrog »

Trump determined to leave his mark on history by making sure all Federal inmates sentenced to death are executed before Biden is sworn in. Indeed, as Biden is against the death penalty and may seek to abolish it, Trump shows his grandeur by leaving no hope for these men.

What a lovely character and grand figure.
If all the executions scheduled since July are completed, the Trump administration will have put the most federal inmates to death during a presidential transition since 1884
feckwanker

Post by feckwanker »

CM11 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:11 am
A spokesman for House Majority Leader Kerry Benninghoff, R-Centre County, repeated on Friday what his caucus leaders stated earlier; they are standing by tradition of the popular vote winner in the presidential race getting the electors.
:lol: christ almighty.
Slim 293

Post by Slim 293 »

Also...
The proposed resolution, if it gets introduced, has only a short life since the legislative session ends on Monday, Nov. 30. All pending bills and resolutions will die at its conclusion.
:lol:
shanky

Post by shanky »

Pa also has a law that dictates exactly that. So, awful nice of them to honour that ‘tradition’.

In reality, they’d have to repeal that law in order to pick faithless electors. That would then be challenged in the State Courts.
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

CrazyIslander wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:56 am
Mick Mannock wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:15 am

I am not racist.

You probably are though.
No.
Reported
:lol:
Kiwias

Post by Kiwias »

Jenna Ellis is a total nutjob. From her twitter feed on 23 June this year:
I’m going on record now:

If they try to cancel Christianity, if they try to force me to apologize or recant my Faith, I will not bend, I will not waver, I will not break.

On Christ the solid Rock I stand.

And I’m proud to be an American.
dam0

Post by dam0 »

Link to the PA case Appeals court judgment (via Twitter)

https://twitter.com/steve_vladeck/statu ... 01792?s=19

I recommend taking the time to read it. It's an extraordinary refutation of every aspect of that Trump case, written in colorful language.

The Trump lawyers appear foolish and naive. The judgment was written by a Trump appointee and signed onto by 2 Bush appointed judges.

I cannot see the Supreme Court bothering to take this case on.
Whatever

Post by Whatever »

Kiwias wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:56 am Jenna Ellis is a total nutjob. From her twitter feed on 23 June this year:
I’m going on record now:

If they try to cancel Christianity, if they try to force me to apologize or recant my Faith, I will not bend, I will not waver, I will not break.

On Christ the solid Rock I stand.

And I’m proud to be an American.
I'm so inspired I feel a song coming on....

I thank my lucky stars
To be living here today
'Cause the flag still stands for freedom
And they can't take that away
And I'm proud to be an American
Where at least I know I'm free
And I won't forget the men who died
Who gave that right to me
And I'd gladly stand up next to you
And defend Her still today
'Cause there ain't no doubt
I love this land
God Bless the U.S.A.

I just hope poor paranoid Jenna can keep her faith and her freedom. Happy holidays, Jenna!
Short Man Syndrome

Post by Short Man Syndrome »

Yeah! USA! USA! USA!!

When it comes crashing down and it hurts inside
You gotta take a stand - it don't hurt to hide

If you hurt my friends then you hurt my pride - I gotta be a man I can't let it slide

I am a real American, fight for the rights of every man
I'm a real American -fight for what's right - fight for your life

I feel strong for very long I don't take trouble for very long I've got something
deep inside of me courage is the thing that sets us free
Repeat chorus x 2
If you hurt my friends then you hurt my pride I gotta be a man I can't let
them slide
ovalball

Post by ovalball »

Trump paid $3M for a recount in two Wisconsin counties - the recount has increased the Biden Victory margin. Thanks DiaperDon - money well spent.
Working Class Rugger

Post by Working Class Rugger »

ovalball wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:09 am Trump paid $3M for a recount in two Wisconsin counties - the recount has increased the Biden Victory margin. Thanks DiaperDon - money well spent.
This is getting funnier by the day.
dam0

Post by dam0 »

ovalball wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:09 am Trump paid $3M for a recount in two Wisconsin counties - the recount has increased the Biden Victory margin. Thanks DiaperDon - money well spent.
Perhaps they got the money from this guy:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 440272002/
Kiwias

Post by Kiwias »

dam0 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:22 am Link to the PA case Appeals court judgment (via Twitter)

I recommend taking the time to read it. It's an extraordinary refutation of every aspect of that Trump case, written in colorful language.

The Trump lawyers appear foolish and naive. The judgment was written by a Trump appointee and signed onto by 2 Bush appointed judges.

Bibas' opening comments are brutal.
Spoiler: show
[quote]2 BIBAS, Circuit Judge.
Free, fair elections are the lifeblood of our democracy. Charges of unfairness are seri-ous. But calling an election unfair does not make it so. Charges require specific allegations and then proof. We have neither here.

The Trump Presidential Campaign asserts that Pennsylvania’s 2020 election was unfair. But as lawyer Rudolph Giuliani stressed, the Campaign “doesn’t plead fraud. . . . [T]his is not a fraud case.” Mot. to Dismiss Hr’g Tr. 118:19–20, 137:18. Instead, it objects that Pennsylvania’s Secretary of State and some counties restricted poll watchers and let voters fix technical defects in their mail-in ballots. It offers nothing more.
This case is not about whether those claims are true. Rather, the Campaign appeals on a very narrow ground: whether the District Court abused its discretion in not letting the Campaign amend its complaint a second time. It did not.
Most of the claims in the Second Amended Complaint boil down to issues of state law. But Pennsylvania law is willing to overlook many technical defects. It favors counting votes as long as there is no fraud. Indeed, the Campaign has already litigated and lost many of these issues in state courts.
The Campaign tries to repackage these state-law claims as unconstitutional discrimina-tion. Yet its allegations are vague and conclusory. It never alleges that anyone treated the Trump campaign or Trump votes worse than it treated the Biden campaign or Biden votes. And federal law does not require poll watchers or specify how they may observe. It also says nothing about curing technical state-law errors in ballots. Each of these defects is fatal, and the proposed Second Amended Complaint does not fix them. So the District Court properly denied leave to amend again.
Nor does the Campaign deserve an injunction to undo Pennsylvania’s certification of its votes. The Campaign’s claims have no merit. The number of ballots it specifically challenges is far smaller than the roughly 81,000-vote margin of victory. And it never claims fraud or that any votes were cast by illegal voters. Plus, tossing out millions of mail-in ballots would be drastic and unprecedented, disenfranchising a huge swath of the electorate and upsetting all down-ballot races too. That remedy would be grossly disproportionate to the procedural challenges raised. So we deny the motion for an injunction pending appeal[/quote]
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

Mick Mannock wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:33 am
Fat Old Git wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:21 am

That is your hero.

OK, you are not a supporter of Biden. That is cool :thumbup:
I doubt there are very many Biden supporters here, at all.

The 'support' will be simply a reflection of peoples' view that anything is better than Trump. In light of the fact that Biden was the only viable contender, being the Democrats selection, he was the one tasked in most peoples minds with ousting Trump, which is precisely what he has done.

It's quite possible that had the GOP put an alternative up to Trump to contest the primaries, that that person would have been many peoples preferred choice. As an aside, that would have been a very interesting situation had the GOP had the balls to serve up that scenario. I am of the view that Trump would have hosed it regardless, such is the derangement of his supporters and the fear that is right up the GOP as far as it can go.
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

dam0 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:22 am Link to the PA case Appeals court judgment (via Twitter)

:thumbup:
I thought this bit was particularly interesting and possibly something that Santa Baby, Mad Mick and Merry might like to spend an hour or tow studying.
The Campaign had to plead plausible facts, not just conclusory allegations. Plain-tiffs must do more than allege conclusions. Rather, “a complaint must contain sufficient factual matter, accepted as true, to ‘state a claim to relief that is plausible on its face.’ ... (citations) “Threadbare recitals of the elements of a cause of action, supported by mere conclusory statements, do not suffice.” ...

To start, note what it does not allege: fraud. Indeed, in oral argument before the District Court, Campaign lawyer Rudolph Giuliani conceded that the Campaign “doesn’t plead fraud.” ...

Though it alleges many conclusions, the Second Amended Complaint is light on facts.
There's lots more where that came from.
Fat Old Git

Post by Fat Old Git »

The fact that they claim huge fraud outside of the courts and then don't claim it in the court should be an eye opener for trumpeteers. But much like flat feathers and the anti-vav crowd any evidence to the contrary of their belief causes them to dumb down even further.
dam0

Post by dam0 »

Ted. wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:35 am

I thought this bit was particularly interesting and possibly something that Santa Baby, Mad Mick and Merry might like to spend an hour or tow studying.
The Campaign had to plead plausible facts, not just conclusory allegations. Plain-tiffs must do more than allege conclusions. Rather, “a complaint must contain sufficient factual matter, accepted as true, to ‘state a claim to relief that is plausible on its face.’ ... (citations) “Threadbare recitals of the elements of a cause of action, supported by mere conclusory statements, do not suffice.” ...

To start, note what it does not allege: fraud. Indeed, in oral argument before the District Court, Campaign lawyer Rudolph Giuliani conceded that the Campaign “doesn’t plead fraud.” ...

Though it alleges many conclusions, the Second Amended Complaint is light on facts.
My favourite line:

"It's alchemy cannot transmute lead into gold."

Imagine being the lawyer and having your lawsuit described as alchemy. Ouch.
Working Class Rugger

Post by Working Class Rugger »

Fat Old Git wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:43 am The fact that they claim huge fraud outside of the courts and then don't claim it in the court should be an eye opener for trumpeteers. But much like flat feathers and the anti-vav crowd any evidence to the contrary of their belief causes them to dumb down even further.
Having read the comments on the Jenna Ellis tweet 'dumb down' is an apt description of the delusions around the decisions of the PA. courts and the ability of the Supreme Court to actually do anything.
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

dam0 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:54 am
Ted. wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:35 am

My favourite line:

"It's alchemy cannot transmute lead into gold."

Imagine being the lawyer and having your lawsuit described as alchemy. Ouch.
:blush:

It's worth quoting the whole passage (my bold).
Voters, not lawyers, choose the President. Ballots, not briefs, decide elections. The bal-lots here are governed by Pennsylvania election law. No federal law requires poll watchers or specifies where they must live or how close they may stand when votes are counted. Nor does federal law govern whether to count ballots with minor state-law defects or let voters cure those defects. Those are all issues of state law, not ones that we can hear. And earlier lawsuits have rejected those claims.

Seeking to turn those state-law claims into federal ones, the Campaign claims discrimination. But its alchemy cannot transmute lead into gold. The Campaign never alleges that any ballot was fraudulent or cast by an illegal voter. It never alleges that any defendant treated the Trump campaign or its votes worse than it treated the Biden campaign or its votes. Calling something discrimination does not make it so.
The language is unequivocal. To my untutored eye the judge(s) are not pulling any punches.
dam0

Post by dam0 »

Working Class Rugger wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:27 am
Fat Old Git wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:43 am The fact that they claim huge fraud outside of the courts and then don't claim it in the court should be an eye opener for trumpeteers. But much like flat feathers and the anti-vav crowd any evidence to the contrary of their belief causes them to dumb down even further.
Having read the comments on the Jenna Ellis tweet 'dumb down' is an apt description of the delusions around the decisions of the PA. courts and the ability of the Supreme Court to actually do anything.
I'm not sure about in the US, but in NZ if any lawyer made the comment that Jenna Ellis made about a judge in a case they are connected with, they might well lose their practising certificate.

"and me on Third Circuit’s opinion:

The activist judicial machinery in Pennsylvania continues to cover up the allegations of massive fraud."

That is a disgraceful thing for a lawyer to say about a sitting judge. She knows better than that (presumably she has read the decision at least), and I think she should face consequences by the law society (or whatever they have over there).
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

dam0 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:12 am
I'm not sure about in the US, but in NZ if any lawyer made the comment that Jenna Ellis made about a judge in a case they are connected with, they might well lose their practising certificate.

The activist judicial machinery in Pennsylvania continues to cover up the allegations of massive fraud."

That is a disgraceful thing for a lawyer to say about a sitting judge. She knows better than that (presumably she has read the decision at least), and I think she should face consequences by the law society (or whatever they have over there).
You'd be up for review in NSW, that's for sure.

Not the land of the free, because freeze peaches.
dam0

Post by dam0 »

Ted. wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:40 am
The language is unequivocal. To my untutored eye the judge(s) are not pulling any punches.
Yeah those are very strong comments. Almost injudicious comments.

I'm not sure but it may be that perhaps US decisions are written in a more direct fashion than I am used to. Even allowing for that the judgments don't withhold their scorn.
Kiwias

Post by Kiwias »

dam0 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:12 am

Is she even aware that the three judges were all appointed by GOP presidents?