POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

All things Rugby
Anonymous 1

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Kiwias wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:49 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:54 am Rudy keeps shouting and claiming wide spread voter fraud so the likes of Mick the loon can get a chubby but when he goes to court where he actually has to take an oath is he actually repeating those claims or trying to get things kicked out because of technicalities ?
He only does this outside the courtroom. Inside, he admits to the judge that these cases are not fraud cases.
So when the likes of Mick the Loon go on about fraud they either don't know they are being played like a fiddle or they are happy to go along with the lunacy
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Mick

Could you list the court cases Trump has brought where he alleges fraud (during the actual court case)?

I'm sure the others are exaggerating when they say there haven't been any so could I get your balance?
feckwanker

Post by feckwanker »

Mick Mannock wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:16 pm
feckwanker wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:14 pm
Mick Mannock wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:12 pm So despite the continued accusations of fraud, no one has given any credible evidence.
Fixed.
Child
:lol: :lol: I'll genuinely miss these intellectually stimulating interactions when you're gone in 51 days :(
feckwanker

Post by feckwanker »

CM11 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:22 pm Mick

Could you list the court cases Trump has brought where he alleges fraud (during the actual court case)?

I'm sure the others are exaggerating when they say there haven't been any so could I get your balance?
think I can answer this on behalf of Mick:

I'm too busy, do your own research.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

feckwanker wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:23 pm
Mick Mannock wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:12 pm So despite the continued accusations of fraud, no one has given any credible evidence.
Fixed.
Child
:lol: :lol: I'll genuinely miss these intellectually stimulating interactions when you're gone in 51 days :(
Your intellect consists of editing posts.

I will leave if the conditions are met.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

feckwanker wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:24 pm

I have not posted that Trump has brought court cases where he has alleged fraud. So why should I list them?
feckwanker

Post by feckwanker »

Mick Mannock wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:24 pm
feckwanker wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:23 pm
Fixed.
Child
Your intellect consists of editing posts.

I will leave if the conditions are met.
To date, they have been and the window during which they can change is rapidly closing.

Tick, tock....
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Mick Mannock wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:27 pm

I have not posted that Trump has brought court cases where he has alleged fraud. So why should I list them?
So there is no evidence of fraud?
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

CM11 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:29 pm

Is there not?
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Mick Mannock wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:30 pm

Is there not?
The logical conclusion is that there is not because you'd have thought it'd be presented by now in court?

Or do you have a good explanation as to why it has yet to make it to court?
La soule

Post by La soule »

Is there not?
This is getting a little but scary......
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Stop being scared then.

Go out and video the police or something
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Mick here is the link. The video is pretty illuminating and I can see why Trump linked it https://mobile.twitter.com/realdonaldtr ... 4939163648
La soule

Post by La soule »

Mick Mannock wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:38 pm Stop being scared then.

Or maybe it is just pitiful.

You hate copers too?
TheFrog

Post by TheFrog »

Mick Mannock wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:55 am As I wrote, your opinion is of no interest to me.

I think you are an unpleasant person.

Just consider that my response to any of your posts in future.
The trouble is that this summarizes why there can't be any debate. It is not just you to be fair. The moment insults fly and definitive judgements are casted, democracy and debate end.

The number 1 problem is that a lot of people don't care about other people's opinions, especially if they contradict their understanding of the world. These people won't listen to these contrary opinions, won't look at the supporting evidence sometimes provided and will continue digging in. At that point, there is no point arguing any longer. It is however sad because this prevents truth from prevailing, and people from progressing together toward greater enlightenment.

Now, to come back to the particular situation of the election, one can have faith in a particular analysis of the events. Faith is what it is. It is blind, doesn't need any evidence and again, there is no space for debate.

One can search for evidences so that one moves away from faith into critical thinking and search for the truth. So far, no evidence of widespread fraud was provided. It is to the extent that even Trump's lawyers have refrained from pleading fraud to the great surprise of the judges hearing them. There were a few events of minor discrepancies, which are not ideal but fall within what happens in any election and have no impact on the outcome of the vote, such is their limited reach.

In parallel, experts - whether neutral observers from abroad, or security experts - have stated that they did not witness anything of concern and that, on the contrary it was a very secure process. Organizers in their States, whether Republicans or Democrats, have also confirmed this.

One can chose to remain agnostic and it could be an easy refuge to try to rationalize a loss that one didn't wish or expect. But the amount of evidence provided so far leans toward a fair election and sensible people should at this stage move on.
TheFrog

Post by TheFrog »

4071 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:33 am A group of Republican voters - the Wisconsin Voters Alliance - have asked the Wisconsin Supreme Court to throw out the results of the election and allow the legislature to decide how to cast the state's electoral votes instead.

A "Voters Alliance" that is demanding that the court deny voters a say. Of course.

https://www.wpr.org/lawsuit-asks-wiscon ... l-election
A group with Republican ties has asked the state Supreme Court to throw out the results of Wisconsin's presidential election and force the Legislature to certify the state's presidential electors instead.

The lawsuit was filed on behalf of a group called Wisconsin Voters Alliance, which tried unsuccessfully before the election to block $6.3 million in grant funding to help run elections in five Wisconsin cities. The group's attorneys include Erick Kaardal, a past officer for the Republican Party of Minnesota and a lawyer for The Thomas More Society, a Chicago-based conservative law firm.

While repeated studies have shown that voter fraud is rare, the lawsuit contends that tens of thousands of "illegal" votes were cast in Wisconsin's election, arguing that the only solution is to throw them all out.

"In elections other than the election of Presidential electors, the Court could order a second election," plaintiffs argue. "However, because the Presidential electors must be selected by December 14, 2020, there is not sufficient time to conduct such an election."

"However," the lawsuit continues, "Because the State Legislature retains plenary authority to select the Presidential electors, the Court can order that the State Legislature has the authority to select the Presidential electors by doing what State Legislatures did at the founding of our Republic – convene a session of the legislature and select the Presidential electors themselves."

Justices gave the Wisconsin Elections Commission, represented by the Wisconsin Department of Justice, until Friday to respond to the lawsuit. The court set a Monday deadline for anyone not named in the case to file amicus briefs.

The lawsuit comes as clerks in Dane and Milwaukee Counties oversee a partial presidential recount ordered by President Donald Trump at an estimated cost of $3 million, which the Trump campaign paid in advance. Trump's campaign wants to exclude the votes of tens of thousands of absentee voters in those counties.

A county canvass of election results completed before the recount started showed Biden defeating Trump by roughly 20,600 votes in Wisconsin.

Wisconsin Attorney General Josh Kaul, whose office is defending the Wisconsin Elections Commission, said the lawsuit sought to disenfranchise every Wisconsinite who voted in this year's presidential election.

"The Wisconsin Department of Justice will ensure that Wisconsin’s presidential electors are selected based on the will of the more than 3 million Wisconsin voters who cast a ballot," Kaul said.

It should never be forgotten just how insane many Republicans have become under the Trump regime. Any pretence at principles they once had has been completely ejected and replaced by overtly anti-democratic authoritarianism. They will either rationalise it or deny it in years to come, but this should be remembered. Because they are going to find it hard to be taken seriously when they criticise anyone now, having lowered the bar for acceptable behaviour to subterranean levels.
Insane or outright cynical. I hope many a Republican voter attached to the Republic will remember this. I really think it is time for a centrist party to rise in the US, as the vast majority of people, I believe, seek a centrist and pragmatic approach to policies. Instead we hear too much from the the extremes. Of course, their point of view matters, but I think it is blown out of proportion.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

La soule wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:14 pm
Mick Mannock wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:38 pm Stop being scared then.

Or maybe it is just pitiful.

You hate copers too?
I hope the UK police do not sink to the level of the French.
TheFrog

Post by TheFrog »

So what are your claims? You no longer claim there was fraud? So you acknowledge Biden was elected fair and square?
CM11

Post by CM11 »

TheFrog wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:03 pm

So what are your claims? You no longer claim there was fraud? So you acknowledge Biden was elected fair and square?
No, he's certain there's been fraud. Conveniently he doesn't have to prove same or cite examples where it has been proven. Like Trump claiming he's won 'by a lot' when facts say otherwise, Mick is claiming something where the opposite has been stated by those running the whole thing. And the beauty is, that doesn't matter because in his world the only thing that matters is what he believes. He doesn't actually have to prove anything. It's quite a display of mental gymnastics.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Fraud has been alleged.

Other irregularities have also been alleged.

I do not know if the election was fair, or legal, or constitutional.

None of that has yet been settled.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Please do not make claims for what I think CM11.
feckwanker

Post by feckwanker »

You don't even know what you think you tosser :lol:
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

feckwanker wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:24 pm You don't even know what you think you tosser :lol:
I know what I think about you - very little.
feckwanker

Post by feckwanker »

Mick Mannock wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:31 pm
feckwanker wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:24 pm You don't even know what you think you tosser :lol:
:lol: :lol:
DOB

Post by DOB »

Mick Mannock wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:14 pm Please do not make claims for what I think CM11.
You think there was fraud in the election.

Despite the 4 weeks of investigation since the election, to go on top of a government that was on high alert beforehand due to Trump’s paranoia, turning up virtually no evidence of fraud in an election that Biden won by 7 million votes and 70 points in the electoral college, you are still clinging onto this chance that Rudy is going to find 100,000 fake ballots in Pittsburgh or Madison or Atlanta.

What you’re not getting is that it’s not up to us or Biden to prove to you that the election wasn’t stolen. It’s up to Giuliani and Trump to prove that it was. And since they haven’t been able to do that so far, the best thing for all concerned would be to shut up about it and let us get on with criticizing Biden’s choice for head of the EPA.
El Homerino

Post by El Homerino »

feckwanker wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:36 pm
Mick Mannock wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:31 pm
TheFrog

Post by TheFrog »

Mick Mannock wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:13 pm

Fraud has been alleged.

Other irregularities have also been alleged.

I do not know if the election was fair, or legal, or constitutional.

None of that has yet been settled.
So far, no evidence of fraud has been presented. Of all the court cases that have been presented by Trump Campaign's lawyers, none supported fraud.

What do they wait for to bring forward the evidence of fraud? What would be the rationale for not demonstrating fraud in court?

When do you believe things will be settled ?
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Micky Looney just looning around
Masterji

Post by Masterji »

Is there not?
I bet you feel a right tit these days. Not one iota of proof, just Trump trying to scam cash out of his poor, brain dead supporters. Whats happening with the evidence his lawyer promised?
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Mick Mannock wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:14 pm Please do not make claims for what I think CM11.
You're happy to make plenty of claims without evidence. I'm comfortable making claims about what you think with that in mind. Prove me wrong. Denying it or claiming no evidence exists to prove my statement isn't enough (although I'm fecking stumped as to what will actually convince you a claim isn't accurate).
AND-y

Post by AND-y »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:27 pm Micky Looney just looning around
As a looney I resent him being thrown in with us.
Sawtooth the Beaver

Post by Sawtooth the Beaver »

So far, no evidence of fraud has been presented. Of all the court cases that have been presented by Trump Campaign's lawyers, none supported fraud.

What do they wait for to bring forward the evidence of fraud? What would be the rationale for not demonstrating fraud in court?

When do you believe things will be settled ?
Don't answer this, it's a trap :) , best just to keep on spoofing.
MrJonno

Post by MrJonno »

Masterji wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:00 pm

Is there not?
I bet you feel a right tit these days. Not one iota of proof, just Trump trying to scam cash out of his poor, brain dead supporters. Whats happening with the evidence his lawyer promised?
I suspect the sad pathetic truth is that rather than feeling like a tit, he most likely feels like he is being smart.

It seems to be the position of trumpists that anyone who doesn't question the election is unable to think for themselves. The only way to truly think for yourself is to blindly accept whatever sh1te spews forth from Trumps mouth or mouthpieces. You sheeple will believe anything presented with sufficient proof but they have faith and that takes commitment and mental gymnastics that you idiots can only dream of.... the fact that those dreams are nightmares is besides the point.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Masterji wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:00 pm

Is there not?
I suggest you avoid betting then. You will only lose money.
Masterji

Post by Masterji »

I will but answer my points. Thanks.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Masterji wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:36 pm I will but answer my points. Thanks.
What would you like me to answer?

I cannot promise that I do have any answers though.
DOB

Post by DOB »

Mick Mannock wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:15 pm I suggest you avoid betting then. You will only lose money.
Speaking of, how much of the free money do you stand to collect from all the bookies when Trump gets sworn in for his 2nd term?
BokJock

Post by BokJock »

The Army has that server that the confiscated in that raid they did on a private business in Germany.

Things are all gonna change pretty quick any moment now and then Biden, Kamala, the DNC, the MSM (including Fox) and Antifa are going to be left with egg on their faces.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

DOB wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:41 pm
Mick Mannock wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:15 pm I suggest you avoid betting then. You will only lose money.
Speaking of, how much of the free money do you stand to collect from all the bookies when Trump gets sworn in for his 2nd term?
Nothing
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

BokJock wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:51 pm The Army has that server that the confiscated in that raid they did on a private business in Germany.

Things are all gonna change pretty quick any moment now and then Biden, Kamala, the DNC, the MSM (including Fox) and Antifa are going to be left with egg on their faces.
There is loads of rumour.

But only rumour.