Gavin Duffy

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Mick Mannock wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:45 pm
flaggETERNAL wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:00 pm
Gavin Duffy wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:47 pm
Mick Mannock wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:41 pm Image
What's the point of this?
Apparently the "ratio" on the video proves Biden didn't win the election.
Err...no.
What's the point of your post then?
DAC_

Post by DAC_ »

I see the assistant Health Minister gave her first speech. Was it about Covid? No, was it about the greater good of the nation? No. Was it about transgender issues? Yes.

:lol:
flaggETERNAL

Post by flaggETERNAL »

DAC_ wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:09 pm I see the assistant Health Minister gave her first speech. Was it about Covid? No, was it about the greater good of the nation? No. Was it about transgender issues? Yes.

The Biden administration are already showing by their actions they're serious about doing something about Covid. I'm sure they have time to talk about other issues. Also, haven't seen the speech yet but I'm gonna bet it wasn't all about transgender issues. One thing I know for certain, just like your God Emperor, Trumpers are known liars.
Jensrsa

Post by Jensrsa »

flaggETERNAL wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:20 pm
DAC_ wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:09 pm I see the assistant Health Minister gave her first speech. Was it about Covid? No, was it about the greater good of the nation? No. Was it about transgender issues? Yes.

The Biden administration are already showing by their actions they're serious about doing something about Covid. I'm sure they have time to talk about other issues. Also, haven't seen the speech yet but I'm gonna bet it wasn't all about transgender issues. One thing I know for certain, just like your God Emperor, Trumpers are known liars.
Biden announced that the US will require the basics that most other countries have been doing for months
Masterji

Post by Masterji »

Mick Mannock wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:20 pm
Floppykid wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:45 pm Did Mick make a flounce bet?
Yes, that is why I am still here :thumbup:
You are such a pussey. But let's face it all the MAGA crowd are pussies, you just happen to be the biggest one.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Speaking of MAGA, I was watching a documentary a couple of nights ago and the MAGA phrase was first used by Reagan back in 1980.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Also speaking of MAGA
MAGA should be properly understood as the product of a bored and restless middle class
:nod: :nod:
https://newlinesmag.com/argument/little-man-what-now/
Salient

Post by Salient »

Floppykid wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:31 pm Also speaking of MAGA
MAGA should be properly understood as the product of a bored and restless middle class
Yeap all those Trump supporters are middle class :roll: Some are, no one is denying that but the journalist is over simplifying a more complex issue to sell column space. And lets not forget that Trump isn't the only person at fault for firing up his supporters, a lot of newspaper space was spent reporting the stolen election rubbish.

Did enjoy this bit
A breadwinning doctor being forced to guarantee $25,000 because her idiot husband purloined a tchotchke from Congress under the banner of “Stop the Steal”
Mick that would be ironing mate.

Post by 4071 »

Fuck, they've finally worked it out.

Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Deep left plant :lol: :lol: These people are truly morons.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:59 pm
mightyreds wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:02 pm Sometimes crisis points in history can bring forth heroes, people willing to stand in a queue of one when those around them are living a lie - Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe, pressured by CIA management* to withdraw his Office's findings that China influenced the 2020 election, refuses to sign off on the report unless that information is included:

https://weatherinternal.com/breaking-re ... due-today/

* their justification? 'Because the information could help someone whose politics they don't like' - ie they attempted to suppress the truth in order to deceive, a clear breach of national security.
Ratcliffe's gone you idiot.
The dude seriously thinks Hugo Chavez helped Biden win.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Did they actually think he was a Republican? Did they not know he was friends with the Clintons?

Yer Man

Post by Yer Man »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:03 pm Deep left plant :lol: :lol: These people are truly morons.
And Hillary was a secret Right Wing revolutionary?

I'm confused :(
flaggETERNAL

Post by flaggETERNAL »

4071 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:01 pm Fuck, they've finally worked it out.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Poor Donald, they're turning on him now.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Pity they found out. It was perfect and he is a true patriot

Post by 4071 »

EverReady wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:16 pm Pity they found out. It was perfect and he is a true patriot
God bless you for your service, Don.

*salutes*
DOB

Post by DOB »

Salient wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:54 pm
Yeap all those Trump supporters are middle class :roll: Some are, no one is denying that but the journalist is over simplifying a more complex issue to sell column space. And lets not forget that Trump isn't the only person at fault for firing up his supporters, a lot of newspaper space was spent reporting the stolen election rubbish.

Did enjoy this bit
A breadwinning doctor being forced to guarantee $25,000 because her idiot husband purloined a tchotchke from Congress under the banner of “Stop the Steal”
Tbf, the vast, vast majority of that newspaper space was reporting that "The President continued his false claim that the election was stolen..." I don't think I've heard of any reputable newspaper that supported the recounts.

Oh, and the Trump/deep left plant theory at least makes a ton more sense than Trump-as-white knight destroyer of international lizard people pedophile sex-trafficing rings.
Working Class Rugger

Post by Working Class Rugger »

flaggETERNAL wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:13 pm

I can add to it. He's talking of launching his own party. The Patriot Party. If it splits the Republican base even a little that would be enough to almost guarantee the Dems would win most if not all of the closest House/Senate and potentially Presidential elections in the future.

My God. It's genius. Who knew? Trump of all people. The clandestine Dems operative and saviour. :lol: :lol: :lol:
TheFrog

Post by TheFrog »

Working Class Rugger wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:07 am

I can add to it. He's talking of launching his own party. The Patriot Party. If it splits the Republican base even a little that would be enough to almost guarantee the Dems would win most if not all of the closest House/Senate and potentially Presidential elections in the future.

My God. It's genius. Who knew? Trump of all people. The clandestine Dems operative and saviour. :lol: :lol: :lol:
The impeachment conviction vote in the Senate will be comedy. Because the GOP need so much to get rid if him, yet they can't openly target him...
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

DOB wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:45 pm
Salient wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:54 pm

Did enjoy this bit
Tbf, the vast, vast majority of that newspaper space was reporting that "The President continued his false claim that the election was stolen..." I don't think I've heard of any reputable newspaper that supported the recounts.

Oh, and the Trump/deep left plant theory at least makes a ton more sense than Trump-as-white knight destroyer of international lizard people pedophile sex-trafficing rings.
Don't forget the pizza.
Fat Old Git

Post by Fat Old Git »

I wonder if concerns about losses at is hotel were why he didn't want to encourage locking down and not travelling...
Donald Trump steps out of the White House and into a company in crisis

Donald Trump returns to his company this week as it faces a deepening crisis, with key properties bleeding revenue and its bankers, lawyers and customers fleeing the company.

Financial disclosure forms, filed by the former president as he left office, revealed that his hotels, resorts and other properties had lost more than NZ$166 million in revenue last year, as the Covid-19 pandemic forced long-term closures and kept customers home.

Those losses were worst in the places where Trump could least afford it: His Washington hotel, which has a $236m loan outstanding, saw revenue drop more than 60 per cent. His Doral resort in Miami - also carrying a huge debt load - saw a 44 per cent drop.

On Thursday (local time), the company's troubles grew: One of its banks and one of its law firms said they would cut their ties with the Trump Organisation. They are the latest in a string of vendors and customers who severed their relationships with the company after January 6, when a mob of Trump supporters, egged on by the president, attacked the US Capitol.

Now, Trump returns to a business remade in the image of the country he led: beleaguered, indebted and toxically politicised.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/ ... -in-crisis
Whatever

Post by Whatever »

TheFrog wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:10 am
Working Class Rugger wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:07 am

The impeachment conviction vote in the Senate will be comedy. Because the GOP need so much to get rid if him, yet they can't openly target him...
Can they have a secret vote, or perhaps they all turn up in disguise? It's a bit pathetic how scared they are of *President Trump. He has totally alpha'ed them all. Only Mitt and a couple of others will go up against him.
koroke hangareka

Post by koroke hangareka »

That article made me think of a woman I once knew. A good woman, who wouldn't have been seen dead at a Trump rally; she once told me she wanted to make a difference. When I meanly asked her what difference specifically, she didn't have one. She was in fact in quest of a difference to make.
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

EverReady wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:37 pm He said he would bail if Biden was elected, then inaugurated, then inaugurated with no proper legal challenges, then with any legal challenges, then with back of fag packet challenges, then something about paedos
Yer Man

Post by Yer Man »

TheFrog wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:10 am The impeachment conviction vote in the Senate will be comedy. Because the GOP need so much to get rid if him, yet they can't openly target him...
It would be ironic if the GOP to went to the Senate Leader and begged them to bring the Impeachment before the Senate - because they needed to flush away Donny even more than the Dems did.
obelixtim

Post by obelixtim »

If Donny is indicted, charged and convicted of crimes, whether state or federal, wouldn't that disqualify him from ever running again anyway?

Can a convicted felon run for any federal office?

Are there any precedents for that?
CrazyIslander

Post by CrazyIslander »

The GOP will be hoping Trump has a falling out with MAGA. Not pardoning the rioters might be the trigger.
TheFrog

Post by TheFrog »

Yes, there are undoubtedly a number of Senate Republicans who would love to see Trump sidelined in the future, in order to pave the way for their own presidential ambitions. But they won’t act on it, since they cannot afford to alienate hard-core MAGA folk by condemning a man whose reelection all of them supported.
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article ... ntasy.html

They are shutting their pants for a second time. After t he 6th, many were up for it, such had been their fear to be executed by the .mob.

But as this memory vanes and they see that their base remains firmly pro-Trump, they fear a backlash. There has already been a backlash for Liz Cheney.

And once again, the chief coward is Lindsey Graham.
Whatever

Post by Whatever »

Yer Man wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:44 am
TheFrog wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:10 am The impeachment conviction vote in the Senate will be comedy. Because the GOP need so much to get rid if him, yet they can't openly target him...
It would be ironic if the GOP to went to the Senate Leader and begged them to bring the Impeachment before the Senate - because they needed to flush away Donny even more than the Dems did.
Pelosi will deliver the articles of impeachment to the Senate on Monday.
Yer Man

Post by Yer Man »

Whatever wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:24 pm
Good for her, but irrelevant.
It's up to the Senate to decide when they look at those articles.
Whatever

Post by Whatever »

Yer Man wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:57 pm
Whatever wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:24 pm
Good for her, but irrelevant.
It's up to the Senate to decide when they look at those articles.
Presiding officer (prob John Roberts) will be sworn in Tues pm, arguments expected to begin Wednesday.

McConnell did want another week. Does seem unlikely that there will be 17 Republicans who will vote against *President Trump, in which case I think the Dems should be concentrating on more pressing matters (stimulus, swearings in etc).
Whatever

Post by Whatever »

BBC journo at the press briefing asking Psaki about the Churchill bust that *Presdient Trump took from the White House. :lol:

He's really just has a base criminality, doesn't he? Can we at least get him for theft?
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Ted Bundy was a staunch republican. Staunch. This is important new information.
fonzeee

Post by fonzeee »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:08 pm Ted Bundy was a staunch republican. Staunch. This is important new information.
So was Al Bundy (obviously)

https://youtu.be/cA5HSVRJpZA
Zico

Post by Zico »

Whatever wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:02 pm BBC journo at the press briefing asking Psaki about the Churchill bust that *Presdient Trump took from the White House. :lol:

He's really just has a base criminality, doesn't he? Can we at least get him for theft?
I'm pretty sure government buildings around the world have a tight inventory, in case staff steal shit.

The weird one I heard was when the Orange scumbag ordered a bunch of items to be taken from the US embassy residence in Paris, where he was staying for the Armistice Day event he didn't attend.
It's all property of the US government and accounted for, probably on the way back to Paris now.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Republican members of Congress are moving to impeach Joe Biden.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/gop- ... ?r=US&IR=T
Whatever

Post by Whatever »

Ali's Choice wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:07 pm Republican members of Congress are moving to impeach Joe Biden.

I doubt they will get the 17 they need.

Meanwhile it's been announced that Butch Bowers will be *President Trump's lawyer for the trial. A shame he isn't sticking with Rudi...

Can we get someone to change this thread's title to "The Impeachment and other Criminal Charges against *President Trump" to keep that all in 1 thread, and anything else US political in the Biden thread?
BokJock

Post by BokJock »

Ali's Choice wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:07 pm Republican members of Congress are moving to impeach Joe Biden.

Along with filing the articles of impeachment, Greene asked supporters to text and sign a petition and donate funds to her impeachment filing, though language on the donations page specifies that the donations are being made to “Greene for Congress” and “will be used in connection with federal elections.”
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Whatever wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:22 pm

Meanwhile it's been announced that Butch Bowers will be *President Trump's lawyer for the trial. A shame he isn't sticking with Rudi...

Can we get someone to change this thread's title to "The Impeachment and other Criminal Charges against *President Trump" to keep that all in 1 thread, and anything else US political in the Biden thread?
The Biden thread has been Irished. May as well just merge it into the Irish rugby thread and be done with.
Last edited by Ali's Choice on Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Ali's Choice wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:39 pm
Whatever wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:22 pm

The Biden thread has been Irished. May as well call just merge it into the Irish rugby thread and be done with.
Someone has to fight back against english fascism.