Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:09 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1779, 1780, 1781, 1782, 1783, 1784, 1785 ... 2679  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9527
Deadtigers wrote:
zt1903 wrote:
You know that “use of the seal” stuff is false, right?

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss ... esidential


Not false, just not enforced as usually these businesses are not directly connected with the president as they are in this case.


:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:56 pm
Posts: 9503
Avenatti seems a good bloke.

Quote:
Michael Avenatti’s law firm was ordered Tuesday to pay $10 million to a former partner who sued after the firm missed the first installment of a payment owed to him under a bankruptcy settlement reached in January, the Los Angeles Times reports.

As part of the bankruptcy settlement, Avenatti agreed to pay $4.85 million to Jason Frank — a former lawyer at his Newport Beach firm — but did not complete the first $2 million installment, which he personally guaranteed would be paid by last week, according to a lawsuit Frank filed earlier this month in California Superior Court.

The Justice Department revealed during the Tuesday hearing that Avenatti also defaulted on $2.4 million in back taxes he personally owed under a separate bankruptcy settlement. Avenatti, who has paid $1.5 million of the total, has blamed the unpaid taxes on an unnamed payroll company.

The settlement was the result of an arbitration process carried out by three retired judges, which found that the firm, Eagan Avenatti, “acted with malice, oppression and fraud” in concealing its revenue numbers from Frank. Under the negotiated terms, Avenatti agreed that “a $10M unsecured claim” would be held against him if he failed to follow through on the payments owed to Frank.


https://www.nationalreview.com/news/mic ... r-partner/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10238
Location: Texas
Applicable to so much
Quote:
Tacky, But Not Criminal


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm
Posts: 18088
Santa wrote:
Avenatti seems a good bloke.

Quote:
Michael Avenatti’s law firm was ordered Tuesday to pay $10 million to a former partner who sued after the firm missed the first installment of a payment owed to him under a bankruptcy settlement reached in January, the Los Angeles Times reports.

As part of the bankruptcy settlement, Avenatti agreed to pay $4.85 million to Jason Frank — a former lawyer at his Newport Beach firm — but did not complete the first $2 million installment, which he personally guaranteed would be paid by last week, according to a lawsuit Frank filed earlier this month in California Superior Court.

The Justice Department revealed during the Tuesday hearing that Avenatti also defaulted on $2.4 million in back taxes he personally owed under a separate bankruptcy settlement. Avenatti, who has paid $1.5 million of the total, has blamed the unpaid taxes on an unnamed payroll company.

The settlement was the result of an arbitration process carried out by three retired judges, which found that the firm, Eagan Avenatti, “acted with malice, oppression and fraud” in concealing its revenue numbers from Frank. Under the negotiated terms, Avenatti agreed that “a $10M unsecured claim” would be held against him if he failed to follow through on the payments owed to Frank.


https://www.nationalreview.com/news/mic ... r-partner/

You're not a fan of people who go thru bankruptcy?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:56 pm
Posts: 9503
Shut. The gate...

http://thehill.com/policy/national-secu ... nd-special

Quote:
House conservatives introduced a resolution on Tuesday calling for the appointment of a second special counsel to investigate possible misconduct by the Department of Justice and the FBI during the 2016 presidential race.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10237
Location: I. S. Of The Bronx
Santa wrote:
Avenatti seems a good bloke.

Quote:
Michael Avenatti’s law firm was ordered Tuesday to pay $10 million to a former partner who sued after the firm missed the first installment of a payment owed to him under a bankruptcy settlement reached in January, the Los Angeles Times reports.

As part of the bankruptcy settlement, Avenatti agreed to pay $4.85 million to Jason Frank — a former lawyer at his Newport Beach firm — but did not complete the first $2 million installment, which he personally guaranteed would be paid by last week, according to a lawsuit Frank filed earlier this month in California Superior Court.

The Justice Department revealed during the Tuesday hearing that Avenatti also defaulted on $2.4 million in back taxes he personally owed under a separate bankruptcy settlement. Avenatti, who has paid $1.5 million of the total, has blamed the unpaid taxes on an unnamed payroll company.

The settlement was the result of an arbitration process carried out by three retired judges, which found that the firm, Eagan Avenatti, “acted with malice, oppression and fraud” in concealing its revenue numbers from Frank. Under the negotiated terms, Avenatti agreed that “a $10M unsecured claim” would be held against him if he failed to follow through on the payments owed to Frank.


https://www.nationalreview.com/news/mic ... r-partner/


First it was send Rudy out there but he lost. Then it was who was paying him, no this.

This is the same administration that hired PIs to go after former Obama staff member now private citizens and dig up dirt so as to smear them and their poo-pooing of the cancellation of the Iran deal.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... clear-deal


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10237
Location: I. S. Of The Bronx
Santa wrote:
Shut. The gate...

http://thehill.com/policy/national-secu ... nd-special

Quote:
House conservatives introduced a resolution on Tuesday calling for the appointment of a second special counsel to investigate possible misconduct by the Department of Justice and the FBI during the 2016 presidential race.


Lets see Devin and his clown car make the DoJ do it. This is all GOP Kayfabe.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:56 pm
Posts: 9503
Deadtigers wrote:
Santa wrote:
Avenatti seems a good bloke.

Quote:
Michael Avenatti’s law firm was ordered Tuesday to pay $10 million to a former partner who sued after the firm missed the first installment of a payment owed to him under a bankruptcy settlement reached in January, the Los Angeles Times reports.

As part of the bankruptcy settlement, Avenatti agreed to pay $4.85 million to Jason Frank — a former lawyer at his Newport Beach firm — but did not complete the first $2 million installment, which he personally guaranteed would be paid by last week, according to a lawsuit Frank filed earlier this month in California Superior Court.

The Justice Department revealed during the Tuesday hearing that Avenatti also defaulted on $2.4 million in back taxes he personally owed under a separate bankruptcy settlement. Avenatti, who has paid $1.5 million of the total, has blamed the unpaid taxes on an unnamed payroll company.

The settlement was the result of an arbitration process carried out by three retired judges, which found that the firm, Eagan Avenatti, “acted with malice, oppression and fraud” in concealing its revenue numbers from Frank. Under the negotiated terms, Avenatti agreed that “a $10M unsecured claim” would be held against him if he failed to follow through on the payments owed to Frank.


https://www.nationalreview.com/news/mic ... r-partner/


First it was send Rudy out there but he lost. Then it was who was paying him, no this.

This is the same administration that hired PIs to go after former Obama staff member now private citizens and dig up dirt so as to smear them and their poo-pooing of the cancellation of the Iran deal.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... clear-deal


Either that or the LA Times doing a bit of digging about a figure who is currently in the public eye a bit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:56 pm
Posts: 9503
Deadtigers wrote:
Santa wrote:
Shut. The gate...

http://thehill.com/policy/national-secu ... nd-special

Quote:
House conservatives introduced a resolution on Tuesday calling for the appointment of a second special counsel to investigate possible misconduct by the Department of Justice and the FBI during the 2016 presidential race.


Lets see Devin and his clown car make the DoJ do it. This is all GOP Kayfabe.


Well he's making the DoJ brief him and other Republicans on spygate. The Democrats were against the meeting so they aren't going.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... ussia-docs


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5797
Hong Kong wrote:
Spoiler: show
Image


In related news:

Quote:
Sinkhole develops on White House lawn

A sinkhole has developed on the White House’s North Lawn, reporters observed Tuesday.

Voice of America’s Steve Herman and Breitbart’s Charlie Spiering shared photos on Twitter of the sinkhole, which is located just outside the entrance to the briefing room.

Spoiler: show
Image



It's clearly not a sinkhole though; it's actually just a new entrance; so it's easier for Bannon to come up from the 7th circle, to the WH.


Last edited by fishfoodie on Tue May 22, 2018 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10237
Location: I. S. Of The Bronx
Santa wrote:
Deadtigers wrote:
Santa wrote:
Shut. The gate...

http://thehill.com/policy/national-secu ... nd-special

Quote:
House conservatives introduced a resolution on Tuesday calling for the appointment of a second special counsel to investigate possible misconduct by the Department of Justice and the FBI during the 2016 presidential race.


Lets see Devin and his clown car make the DoJ do it. This is all GOP Kayfabe.


Well he's making the DoJ brief him and other Republicans on spygate. The Democrats were against the meeting so they aren't going.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... ussia-docs


Can't blame the Dems when Nunes was suppose to recuse himself but didn't and it seems whenever the DoJ give the House GOP anything, it gets leaked. If you want to see how an investigation is properly run, look to the Senate. The Senate guys have to represent whole states so they have to be much fairer than House guys with their 80 percent red districts so you get this farce of Nunes and Co.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 29028
Location: SOB>Todd
A business partner of Michael Cohen's just flipped.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 11:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11126
Location: The centre of The Horrendous Space Kablooie!
I see Pruitt had selected members of the media ejected from the recent discussions to decide how much his buddies can poison people.

Banana republic.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 11:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5797
The Man Without Fear wrote:
I see Pruitt had selected members of the media ejected from the recent discussions to decide how much his buddies can poison people.

Banana republic.


You really have to wonder what shit that guy has on Trump, that he still hasn't been fired.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 12:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10237
Location: I. S. Of The Bronx
fishfoodie wrote:
The Man Without Fear wrote:
I see Pruitt had selected members of the media ejected from the recent discussions to decide how much his buddies can poison people.

Banana republic.


You really have to wonder what shit that guy has on Trump, that he still hasn't been fired.


Supposedly the Religicons and Big Business have written letters begging Trump not to fire him. They love the guy. I am sure they have occasional dropped a stack of bills, by accident of course, as they walked through the oval office too.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 12:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 29028
Location: SOB>Todd
Deadtigers wrote:
fishfoodie wrote:
The Man Without Fear wrote:
I see Pruitt had selected members of the media ejected from the recent discussions to decide how much his buddies can poison people.

Banana republic.


You really have to wonder what shit that guy has on Trump, that he still hasn't been fired.


Supposedly the Religicons and Big Business have written letters begging Trump not to fire him. They love the guy. I am sure they have occasional dropped a stack of bills, by accident of course, as they walked through the oval office too.

He's pretty much the antithesis of what he's meant to be.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5768
Floppykid wrote:
Deadtigers wrote:
fishfoodie wrote:
The Man Without Fear wrote:
I see Pruitt had selected members of the media ejected from the recent discussions to decide how much his buddies can poison people.

Banana republic.


You really have to wonder what shit that guy has on Trump, that he still hasn't been fired.


Supposedly the Religicons and Big Business have written letters begging Trump not to fire him. They love the guy. I am sure they have occasional dropped a stack of bills, by accident of course, as they walked through the oval office too.

He's pretty much the antithesis of what he's meant to be.


He is doing what he was put there to do, not create new law via interpretation, but to administer the legislation

After the next elections the democrats should have the opportunity improve and clarify those laws (or just complain about Pruitt)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 40662
Anonymous. wrote:
Deadtigers wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
The lesson here is not to speak any language other than English when in the US

First that racist ICE-calling lawyer in NYC.

Now this.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... anish.html


They are emboldened by the rise of Trump. You see the racist lady that shouted that a guy in a car had a gun even though he didn't? Thankfully the guy had a witness.

I don't think there has ever been a time where that border control guy wouldn't have thought he had reasonable suspicion to question them


Speaking Spanish has always been grounds for reasonable suspicion?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Posts: 37066
Location: Planet Rock
A hair loon for your kids ?

Quote:
Image

A commemorative coin issued by the White House ahead of the planned summit between President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has been widely criticised.

The coin describes the summit as "peace talks" and depicts a square-jawed Mr Trump sternly facing his North Korean counterpart.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44217116


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 2:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10237
Location: I. S. Of The Bronx
Floppykid wrote:
A business partner of Michael Cohen's just flipped.


He was facing 5 felony charges, each with a 25 year sentence but now is getting 5 years probation. I have seen enough law and order episodes to know Jack Mccoy look alike Mueller wouldn't make that kind of deal unless he had something good to


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 2:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Posts: 37066
Location: Planet Rock
Kiwias wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
Deadtigers wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
The lesson here is not to speak any language other than English when in the US

First that racist ICE-calling lawyer in NYC.

Now this.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... anish.html


They are emboldened by the rise of Trump. You see the racist lady that shouted that a guy in a car had a gun even though he didn't? Thankfully the guy had a witness.

I don't think there has ever been a time where that border control guy wouldn't have thought he had reasonable suspicion to question them


Speaking Spanish has always been grounds for reasonable suspicion?

No it never has been


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 2:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 40662
Anonymous. wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
Deadtigers wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
The lesson here is not to speak any language other than English when in the US

First that racist ICE-calling lawyer in NYC.

Now this.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... anish.html


They are emboldened by the rise of Trump. You see the racist lady that shouted that a guy in a car had a gun even though he didn't? Thankfully the guy had a witness.

I don't think there has ever been a time where that border control guy wouldn't have thought he had reasonable suspicion to question them


Speaking Spanish has always been grounds for reasonable suspicion?

No it never has been


You had so many negatives in your former post I got confused :blush:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 2:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Posts: 37066
Location: Planet Rock
Deadtigers wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
A business partner of Michael Cohen's just flipped.


He was facing 5 felony charges, each with a 25 year sentence but now is getting 5 years probation. I have seen enough law and order episodes to know Jack Mccoy look alike Mueller wouldn't make that kind of deal unless he had something good to

Ducks in a row


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 8:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11126
Location: The centre of The Horrendous Space Kablooie!
_fatprop wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
Deadtigers wrote:
fishfoodie wrote:
The Man Without Fear wrote:
I see Pruitt had selected members of the media ejected from the recent discussions to decide how much his buddies can poison people.

Banana republic.


You really have to wonder what shit that guy has on Trump, that he still hasn't been fired.


Supposedly the Religicons and Big Business have written letters begging Trump not to fire him. They love the guy. I am sure they have occasional dropped a stack of bills, by accident of course, as they walked through the oval office too.

He's pretty much the antithesis of what he's meant to be.


He is doing what he was put there to do, not create new law via interpretation, but to administer the legislation

After the next elections the democrats should have the opportunity improve and clarify those laws (or just complain about Pruitt)


By "do what he was put there to do", I assume you mean completely invert the Protection bit of the Environmental Protection Agency and drive out sound science?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 8:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:56 pm
Posts: 9503
If Trump was spied on then he wouldn't be the first Republican presidential candidate the Democrats have tried this with.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... ter-218415


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5575
Location: A gaf in Bracknell
Santa wrote:
If Trump was spied on then he wouldn't be the first Republican presidential candidate the Democrats have tried this with.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... ter-218415



Interesting.

Do you think it's only democrats who spy on republicans?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 3:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10237
Location: I. S. Of The Bronx
Quote:
Mark Schmitt
@mschmitt9
Mulvaney "supportive of any ideas that unite Republicans and divide Democrats." Not, ideas that would improve life for most Americans, or ideas that have broad support across political spectrum. (And that's an official, prepared statment.) https://tws.io/2IZ9daf



This is the same man in charge of the CFPB. We had a good run America but no empire last forever.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 3:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am
Posts: 11028
houtkabouter wrote:
Santa wrote:
If Trump was spied on then he wouldn't be the first Republican presidential candidate the Democrats have tried this with.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... ter-218415



Interesting.

Do you think it's only democrats who spy on republicans?


Well, the story about Bush Sr and Reagan spying on Carter was just in the news again.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 3:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10237
Location: I. S. Of The Bronx
houtkabouter wrote:
Santa wrote:
If Trump was spied on then he wouldn't be the first Republican presidential candidate the Democrats have tried this with.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... ter-218415



Interesting.

Do you think it's only democrats who spy on republicans?


He wasn't a spy. Stop using their words, that is how we get to debating collusion when the real issue or legal term is conspiracy. And the Feds sent him in after Pappa D ran his mouth to find out what the hell was going on and if it was for real.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 4:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4628
Location: Straya c**ts.
Santa wrote:
If Trump was spied on then he wouldn't be the first Republican presidential candidate the Democrats have tried this with.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... ter-218415

Well I'm convinced Trump's innocent now. All the hard evidence about his Russian interests and their efforts to help him win, the dodgy dealings and indictments against all those campaign staff, the fact that he's been a liar and a crook all his life, an impossibly vain, hopelessly thick, contemptibly amoral and relentlessly avaricious soapdish, are washed away based this disputed report from half a century ago.

Come on, Santa, level with me. You know he's an appalling human being unfit to be a world leader even if he's broken no laws, but is also almost certainly guilty of unprecedented political corruption. You're just playing Devil's Advocate for shits & giggles, right? The instructions to the DOJ are a desperate attempt to discredit Mueller's investigation, and the accusations hold as much water as Trump's claim that Obama wire-tapped Trump Tower. Please tell me you know this.

The Atlantic put it quite well yesterday.

Quote:
There are not many Trump scandals. There is one Trump scandal. Singular: the corruption of the American government by the president and his associates, who are using their official power for personal and financial gain rather than for the welfare of the American people, and their attempts to shield that corruption from political consequences, public scrutiny, or legal accountability.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 4:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10237
Location: I. S. Of The Bronx
I notice that Trump didn't invite any democrats to his meeting with the DoJ about political show trials.

Could any of the "I am not a Trump supporter, I just support all his actions and excuse them" gang member explain to me how the FBI could be out to get Trump? I mean lets remember they FBI was investigating the Trump campaign at the same time they were investigating HRC. Now lets look at how they treated the campaigns. One was done as publicly as possible while constantly keeping tabs with the govt and press and evening breaking protocol to have a press conference. Meanwhile the other was secret and they refused to comment on it. Yet now the FBI is out to get him. I wish there were words for this. Oh
how about this.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 6:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 29028
Location: SOB>Todd
Cohen is really in the barrel.
Ukrainian links popping up now too.
Course, it's more deep state boloney nothing burgers and he obviously has no ties to Trump.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 6:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:56 pm
Posts: 9503
Waratah wrote:
Santa wrote:
If Trump was spied on then he wouldn't be the first Republican presidential candidate the Democrats have tried this with.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... ter-218415

Well I'm convinced Trump's innocent now. All the hard evidence about his Russian interests and their efforts to help him win, the dodgy dealings and indictments against all those campaign staff, the fact that he's been a liar and a crook all his life, an impossibly vain, hopelessly thick, contemptibly amoral and relentlessly avaricious soapdish, are washed away based this disputed report from half a century ago.

Come on, Santa, level with me. You know he's an appalling human being unfit to be a world leader even if he's broken no laws, but is also almost certainly guilty of unprecedented political corruption. You're just playing Devil's Advocate for shits & giggles, right? The instructions to the DOJ are a desperate attempt to discredit Mueller's investigation, and the accusations hold as much water as Trump's claim that Obama wire-tapped Trump Tower. Please tell me you know this.

The Atlantic put it quite well yesterday.

Quote:
There are not many Trump scandals. There is one Trump scandal. Singular: the corruption of the American government by the president and his associates, who are using their official power for personal and financial gain rather than for the welfare of the American people, and their attempts to shield that corruption from political consequences, public scrutiny, or legal accountability.


Oh I'm quite happy to say he's a pretty appalling human being in some ways. I also think he's a pretty extraordinary individual in other ways. I don't admire him one bit. But he is an utter beast. Look at what he has done and is doing: on his way to seizing the most powerful political, military and economic position in the world he has defeated both of the most powerful political parties on earth. This is unprecedented. And he's treating the whole thing as he would a common bar wench. Encroyable!

It's a hell of a show.

I just plain do not buy much of the doomsaying. It is overblown. And I don't get why people outside of the US are so incensed that he might be corrupt. I'm not saying he is. I don't know if he is. Maybe he is. I don't really care. I'm not interested in that at all.

I am interested in the wider story around the Mueller investigation etc. I genuinely think there are some serious questions to answer. I'm slightly mystified that so many people dismiss all of the quirky bits about CIA/FBI agents and questionable dossiers and odd indictments and changing stories so easily. And I'm also slightly bemused that so many people are unable to step back from their Trump animosity and ask whether what is happening is a good idea for their country. I can't think that it is. What precedents is it setting that might be used against the anti-Trumpists in future? Nobody is thinking about that.

All on all this is a frankly amazing story. It has multiple levels. And I don't think anybody really knows what is going on.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 6:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:56 pm
Posts: 9503
I'm probably closest to this sort of position

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/05/ ... m-reality/

Quote:
It is at this nexus where the Rashomonism of our age intrudes. I have no idea what the truth-seekers — Robert Mueller and DOJ Inspector General Michael Horowitz — will find. But I suspect we’ll discover that everybody has some dismaying facts on their own side, and the verdict will be a strong shade of gray.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 6:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:56 pm
Posts: 9503
Seneca of the Night wrote:
It is now possible that even those on the other side of Andrew McCarthy, that is those actually on the investigation team, don't know what is going on, and are completely lost in the fog. That's how messed up this is.


Some of the Mueller team's antics, like questioning Concord's status when attending court because the summons to attend court may not have been served properly, suggest that you are right.

I mean that is a situation so absurd that it defies belief. And yet no mention from the anti-Trumpists. Even I can admit that Manafort is a scumbag.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 6:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5797
Floppykid wrote:
Cohen is really in the barrel.
Ukrainian links popping up now too.
Course, it's more deep state boloney nothing burgers and he obviously has no ties to Trump.


absolutely !

The day after his partner decides to cooperate; we get a story about how Cohen got a $400-600k kickback from the Ukrainians, to get a proper meeting with Trump. And that, a short while after the Ukrainian leader went home after their meeting; he shut down the anti-corruption investigation there into Paul Manafort.

I love this quote:

Quote:
The Ukrainian side were angry, the official went on, because Mr Cohen had taken "hundreds of thousands" of dollars from them for something it seemed he could not deliver.

Right up until the last moment, the Ukrainian leader was uncertain if he would avoid humiliation.

"Poroshenko's inner circle were shocked by how dirty this whole arrangement [with Cohen] was."

Mr Poroshenko was desperate to meet Mr Trump because of what had happened in the US presidential election campaign.

In August 2016, the New York Times published a document that appeared to show Mr Trump's campaign manager, Paul Manafort, getting millions of dollars from pro-Russian interests in Ukraine.

It was a page of the so-called "black ledger" belonging to the Party of the Regions, the pro-Russian party that employed Mr Manafort when he ran a political consultancy in Ukraine.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 6:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4628
Location: Straya c**ts.
Santa wrote:
But he is an utter beast. Look at what he has done and is doing: on his way to seizing the most powerful political, military and economic position in the world he has defeated both of the most powerful political parties on earth. This is unprecedented. And he's treating the whole thing as he would a common bar wench. Encroyable!

Defeated both of the most powerful political parties on earth? Doesn't matter how powerful they were, it's a two party system, a two horse race. He was uniquely placed to hijack one of them, and he got up against a uniquely unpopular opponent with the help of hostile foreign state.

Quote:
And I'm also slightly bemused that so many people are unable to step back from their Trump animosity and ask whether what is happening is a good idea for their country. I can't think that it is. What precedents is it setting that might be used against the anti-Trumpists in future? Nobody is thinking about that..

Give me a break. In his determination to impede the investigation he has obstructed justice in any number of ways but the chief method is to undermine the pillars of democracy: attacking the freedom of the press, the independence of the justice department and intelligence agencies, and his transparent corruption of the executive. But you're more bemused that people can't step back from their animosity? And you think that's the greater threat?

Seriously?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:56 pm
Posts: 9503
Waratah wrote:
Santa wrote:
But he is an utter beast. Look at what he has done and is doing: on his way to seizing the most powerful political, military and economic position in the world he has defeated both of the most powerful political parties on earth. This is unprecedented. And he's treating the whole thing as he would a common bar wench. Encroyable!

Defeated both of the most powerful political parties on earth? Doesn't matter how powerful they were, it's a two party system, a two horse race. He was uniquely placed to hijack one of them, and he got up against a uniquely unpopular opponent with the help of hostile foreign state.

Quote:
And I'm also slightly bemused that so many people are unable to step back from their Trump animosity and ask whether what is happening is a good idea for their country. I can't think that it is. What precedents is it setting that might be used against the anti-Trumpists in future? Nobody is thinking about that..

Give me a break. In his determination to impede the investigation he has obstructed justice in any number of ways but the chief method is to undermine the pillars of democracy: attacking the freedom of the press, the independence of the justice department and intelligence agencies, and his transparent corruption of the executive. But you're more bemused that people can't step back from their animosity? And you think that's the greater threat?

Seriously?


Waratah believe it or not I'm not going to accept your view on the legality of Trumps activities, on the basis that you have no idea what you're talking about. As for the rest of my post, which you have hand waved away with a great big WROOONG, well that doesn't leave us much to discuss that you won't also hand wave away. I guess we'll see. I wish you better luck with this than you had with your election forecast.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4628
Location: Straya c**ts.
Santa wrote:
Waratah wrote:
Santa wrote:
But he is an utter beast. Look at what he has done and is doing: on his way to seizing the most powerful political, military and economic position in the world he has defeated both of the most powerful political parties on earth. This is unprecedented. And he's treating the whole thing as he would a common bar wench. Encroyable!

Defeated both of the most powerful political parties on earth? Doesn't matter how powerful they were, it's a two party system, a two horse race. He was uniquely placed to hijack one of them, and he got up against a uniquely unpopular opponent with the help of hostile foreign state.

Quote:
And I'm also slightly bemused that so many people are unable to step back from their Trump animosity and ask whether what is happening is a good idea for their country. I can't think that it is. What precedents is it setting that might be used against the anti-Trumpists in future? Nobody is thinking about that..

Give me a break. In his determination to impede the investigation he has obstructed justice in any number of ways but the chief method is to undermine the pillars of democracy: attacking the freedom of the press, the independence of the justice department and intelligence agencies, and his transparent corruption of the executive. But you're more bemused that people can't step back from their animosity? And you think that's the greater threat?

Seriously?


Waratah believe it or not I'm not going to accept your view on the legality of Trumps activities, on the basis that you have no idea what you're talking about. As for the rest of my post, which you have hand waved away with a great big WROOONG, well that doesn't leave us much to discuss that you won't also hand wave away. I guess we'll see. I wish you better luck with this than you had with your election forecast.

It's true that my instinct was that Americans overall would make a smart choice, but I put great stock in polling, and that showed that a comfortable Clinton lead evaporated in the final week, after the re-opening of the emails investigation. In the end they showed she'd win by the amount she did in the popular vote. Hope that sufficiently addresses the ad hominem.

I'm touched that you accuse me of waving aside your post while dismissing my view of Trump being a crook 'on the basis that you have no idea what you're talking about.' That's a contemptuously lazy denial of what is well-known. And I think that your only justification of the silly idea that Trump's interrogators are a bigger threat than Trump, is to pretend he might be innocent, knowing he's not. I still don't think you're arguing in good faith.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2582
Imagine if Obama had set up a fake university.

That scammed people of millions of dollars.

And had to settle a case against him for millions of dollars.

Imagine that scenario?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1779, 1780, 1781, 1782, 1783, 1784, 1785 ... 2679  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: johnstrac and 28 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group