Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:00 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1783, 1784, 1785, 1786, 1787, 1788, 1789 ... 2679  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:57 pm 

Flockwitt wrote:
Saint wrote:
Unless there is some amazing revelation to come out there's only two scenarios here

1 - The US comes back to the table. NK have been sitting there asking for the US to come back, so they look like the ones who want to get along with everybody, while the US just looks stupid

2 - The US doesn't come back to the table. Nk have been at the table asking for ths US to come back, so they look like the ones who want to get along with everybody, while the US just looks stupid

The time to throw a strop and walk away, if that's what Trump wanted to do, was during the talks, which would have been closed session. Then he could more or less just make up whatever excuse he wanted for walking away, but reasonably be able to say "Look, I tried, but they just didn't want to play ball"

A problem is where is the win Trump wants and needs? As everybody has stated NK won't be giving up their nukes no matter what, but at least Trump could have gotten the testing site dismantled and open to inspection and it looks like he's a winner. But no, the North Koreans called Bolton a dickhead, and Pence a shithead, and called off talks with South Korea after they went ahead with military drills. All of which is quite reasonable from a certain perspective.

A peace treaty would have been enough I think for all sides to claim success. But with any sense a requisite of that would be some sort of demilitarization, which for the generals who are the ones actually running NK that's probably a complete no go also. While the US would certainly never pull out until NK did actually make efforts on that front.

I suspect Kimmy's got enough out of this round to consider himself one up and in a better position than before the start of the whole thing though.

Trump will give them a peace treaty with just a notional freeze in nukes and a commitment to regional co-operation and harmony

Which is what they wanted all along anyway. Both sides will claim victory, which, in a way, it would be.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:59 pm 

_fatprop wrote:
shanky wrote:
zt1903 wrote:
So the NorKs are back with their tails between their legs then. Willing to meet “whenever, however” to resolve outstanding issues.

Yep, the Orange One got totally played :roll:

Or, alternatively, they’re making it look like it’s Trump who is being intransigent while they’re being constructive - thereby increasing the pressure upon him to act or concede.

I dunno, it’s almost as if they’re in the middle of a protracted, diplomatic negotiation, with no particular timeframe - rather than a 1-hour gameshow timeslot that needs to wrap up before the viewers take a donut break.

To negotiate you need to be prepared to walk away, I see this as just part of the game.

NK now know that if their usual rhetoric is continued there are no deals, no planes full of cash, no aid packages

Now that doesn't mean that there won't be planes full of cash and aid packages in any final deal (if any) just that without something tangible, they could get nothing

Well, then we’re agreeing with each other. The issue is that one party is under time pressure and one isn’t

The party with time pressure always has the weaker hand.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:01 pm 

shanky wrote:
Flockwitt wrote:
Saint wrote:
Unless there is some amazing revelation to come out there's only two scenarios here

1 - The US comes back to the table. NK have been sitting there asking for the US to come back, so they look like the ones who want to get along with everybody, while the US just looks stupid

2 - The US doesn't come back to the table. Nk have been at the table asking for ths US to come back, so they look like the ones who want to get along with everybody, while the US just looks stupid

The time to throw a strop and walk away, if that's what Trump wanted to do, was during the talks, which would have been closed session. Then he could more or less just make up whatever excuse he wanted for walking away, but reasonably be able to say "Look, I tried, but they just didn't want to play ball"

A problem is where is the win Trump wants and needs? As everybody has stated NK won't be giving up their nukes no matter what, but at least Trump could have gotten the testing site dismantled and open to inspection and it looks like he's a winner. But no, the North Koreans called Bolton a dickhead, and Pence a shithead, and called off talks with South Korea after they went ahead with military drills. All of which is quite reasonable from a certain perspective.

A peace treaty would have been enough I think for all sides to claim success. But with any sense a requisite of that would be some sort of demilitarization, which for the generals who are the ones actually running NK that's probably a complete no go also. While the US would certainly never pull out until NK did actually make efforts on that front.

I suspect Kimmy's got enough out of this round to consider himself one up and in a better position than before the start of the whole thing though.

Trump will give them a peace treaty with just a notional freeze in nukes and a commitment to regional co-operation and harmony

Which is what they wanted all along anyway. Both sides will claim victory, which, in a way, it would be.

Just like the Iran deal? :o :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:05 pm 

fishfoodie wrote:
Flockwitt wrote:
fishfoodie wrote:
Saint wrote:
penguin wrote:
After the briefing yesterday Cocaine Mitch is saying he supports Mueller's investigation...

https://www.npr.org/2018/05/24/614166059/mcconnell-says-he-supports-mueller-investigation

I'd love to know what was said in there.

Nunes hasn't leaked it yet

The WH obviously decided that he was to stupid to remember the important bits; a rare occasion when I agree completely with the current WH.

So instead, what did they do ?, they decide to do yet another colossal fuck you to any concept of integrity & legality, they sneaked in Trumps lawyer into a, classified briefing which was only supposed to be for the gang of 8, i.e. elected representatives, who have been cleared for secret intelligence materials.

And now we know why they couldn't just do a single briefing for the Republicans & the Democrats; because they let in unauthorized people to the GOP briefing, & then just didn't record them on the attendees.

This fucking alone should be grounds for multiple dismissals & federal charges.

The Whitehouse is stating the lawyer didn't stay for the briefing. That him and Kelly were only there at the start to convey the President's wishes for open transparency.

The WH lies thru their teeth ever day for the last year plus; why the fudge would anyone believe them now ?

Especially when they didn't accurately list the attendees, & they very specifically demanded separate briefings for Dems & the GOP. They're lying.

They probably aren't on this. Too easy to verify. Rather I suspect the lawyer appeared to tell them exactly what Giuliani wants from the DOJ and Kelly came along to give it some sense of propriety ;)

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:06 pm 

More winningest than that though

In some ways he’s got lucky (from a negotiation standpoint that is) since the NKs have reached their end-goal (missile capability).
This means they’re now ready to negotiate, whereas before they weren’t.

The deal described is the only one possible, despite what he says to the contrary. Anyone thinking China is going to force them to disarm has no regard for China’s history and motivations on the penninsula.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:08 pm 

shanky wrote:

In some ways he’s got lucky (from a negotiation standpoint that is) since the NKs have reached their end-goal (missile capability).

The deal described is the only one possible, despite what he says to the contrary. Anyone thinking China is going to force them to disarm has no regard for China’s history and motivations on the penninsula.

It's all about having NK as a buffer from the pro American south, isn't it?

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:12 pm 

Floppykid wrote:
shanky wrote:

It's all about having NK as a buffer from the pro American south, isn't it?

Yes.

Culturally, they consider Korea to be part of Greater China.

There no way they’re going to allow it to become like Taiwan.

And if the US wonders what will happen if Trump follows through on his military-action threats, then they need to google ‘Douglas Macarthur’.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:14 pm 

Flockwitt wrote:
They probably aren't on this. Too easy to verify. Rather I suspect the lawyer appeared to tell them exactly what Giuliani wants from the DOJ and Kelly came along to give it some sense of propriety ;)

I tell you what we do. You get Donald Trump to put his cock in a guillotine connected to a polygraph, & then he swears that the lawyer didn't stay for any longer than that, & maybe, maybe, the rest of us will believe you.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:17 pm 

fishfoodie wrote:
Flockwitt wrote:
fishfoodie wrote:
Saint wrote:
penguin wrote:
After the briefing yesterday Cocaine Mitch is saying he supports Mueller's investigation...

https://www.npr.org/2018/05/24/614166059/mcconnell-says-he-supports-mueller-investigation

I'd love to know what was said in there.

Nunes hasn't leaked it yet

The WH obviously decided that he was to stupid to remember the important bits; a rare occasion when I agree completely with the current WH.

So instead, what did they do ?, they decide to do yet another colossal fuck you to any concept of integrity & legality, they sneaked in Trumps lawyer into a, classified briefing which was only supposed to be for the gang of 8, i.e. elected representatives, who have been cleared for secret intelligence materials.

And now we know why they couldn't just do a single briefing for the Republicans & the Democrats; because they let in unauthorized people to the GOP briefing, & then just didn't record them on the attendees.

This fucking alone should be grounds for multiple dismissals & federal charges.

The Whitehouse is stating the lawyer didn't stay for the briefing. That him and Kelly were only there at the start to convey the President's wishes for open transparency.

The WH lies thru their teeth ever day for the last year plus; why the fudge would anyone believe them now ?

Especially when they didn't accurately list the attendees, & they very specifically demanded separate briefings for Dems & the GOP. They're lying.

You're a f**king moron. The Democrats agree that they left early and Schiff attended both meetings.

Quote:
According to the White House, Flood and Chief of Staff John Kelly both left before the substance of the briefings - an account corroborated by Democrats who were in the room who nonetheless saw it as inappropriate.

Then, hours before the first meeting with GOP Reps. Devin Nunes (Calif.) and Trey Gowdy (S.C.) on Thursday, it was revealed that Schiff would be attending both meetings-a victory for Democrats after a tumultuous two days.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/thehill.co ... ells%3famp

Last edited by Santa on Fri May 25, 2018 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:18 pm 

shanky wrote:

Anybody who thinks the Korean's are going to disarm for the Chinese is off their rocker. They're just as afraid of them as anybody else, and for good reason. For sure a leaf that Kim's holding out is that an independent NK, will be that, independent. Which for the South Koreans would be a win.

A peace treaty could be at least some sort of positive, but between Trump's needs and the fact the NK's are khunts I wouldn't be holding out much hope.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:33 pm 

Can someone please check reassure me that it’s not April 1st. I just watched a clip of Louis Farrakhan saying that Trump has done more to take on the enemies of black people in America than any other president in history.

Not a fan of the man but Louis Farrakhan praising Trump FFS, that’s just f**king bizarre! :shock: :shock:

Last edited by zt1903 on Fri May 25, 2018 11:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:34 pm 

Flockwitt wrote:
shanky wrote:

Anybody who thinks the Korean's are going to disarm for the Chinese is off their rocker. They're just as afraid of them as anybody else, and for good reason. For sure a leaf that Kim's holding out is that an independent NK, will be that, independent. Which for the South Koreans would be a win.

A peace treaty could be at least some sort of positive, but between Trump's needs and the fact the NK's are khunts I wouldn't be holding out much hope.

I agree with you. China isn’t intending to invade anytime soo either.

I think the realpolitik outcome is an end to the original war and soke kind of uneasy leafe, with lots of assurances about non-proliferation thereafter.

It would be the least-bad outcome.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:38 pm 

zt1903 wrote:
Can someone please check reassure me that it’s not April 1st. I just watched a clip of Louis Farrakhan saying that Trump has done more to take on the enemies of black people in America than any other president in history.

Not a fan of the man but Louis Farrakhan praising Trump FFS, that’s just f**king bizarre! :shock: :shock:

Malcom X had that pricks number 30+ years ago !

He's about as interested in furthering the causes of African Americans, as Don King

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 12:04 am 

Remember how the Trump supporters were all splitting hairs and saying liberals were over reacting by saying Trump said Mexicans when he said some and all that? I welcome their efforts to dance around this.
Quote:
Greg Sargent

@ThePlumLineGS
In a private meeting, Trump reportedly picked Hispanic names at random, then attached them to various crimes.

This neatly captures how Trump's whole dehumanization game really works, and no one can feign ignorance about it any longer.

My new post:https://wapo.st/2IKiaF5

Here is an excerpt:

Trump reminded them the crowds loved his rhetoric on immigrants along the campaign trail. Acting as if he was at a rally, he then read aloud a few made up Hispanic names and described potential crimes they could have committed, like rape or murder. Then, he said, the crowds would roar when the criminals were thrown out of the country — as they did when he highlighted crimes by illegal immigrants at his rallies, according to a person present for the exchange and another briefed on it later. Miller and Kushner laughed.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 12:18 am 

It is amazing to watch people try and talk about the NK negotiations and ignore the fact that Trump committed the most basic mistake of international diplomacy, bring it into the public before it is ready. Remember SK meet with NK and told the WH that NK would be open to a sit down in the future if things went well. Trump desperate for a win (as always) jumped in with both feet and now has no leverage. But yes go into the 4D chess thing.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 12:55 am 

dp

Last edited by Flockwitt on Sat May 26, 2018 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 12:56 am 

shanky wrote:
Flockwitt wrote:
shanky wrote:

I agree with you. China isn’t intending to invade anytime soo either.

I think the realpolitik outcome is an end to the original war and soke kind of uneasy leafe, with lots of assurances about non-proliferation thereafter.

It would be the least-bad outcome.

Yep. And why ask or try to demand more? There's zero need not to let the natural progression of Kim and Co come to an end even if it takes another bunch of decades. They haven't been able to stop the NK's getting the bomb. They haven't been able to stop them getting missile capability. That's the reality.

Frankly I think NK and Trump's trade deal are a grave distraction from what the Chinese are doing in the South China Sea. The USA aren't going to say boo to that as long as Xi's holding the cards on all other fronts. Meanwhile all those islands are being fully militarized.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 12:58 am 

Just watching the Buffoon speak at the US Naval Academy graduation ceremony.

Basically there is only scattered applause, even when he was introduced. He is struggling to get any real response even from a military audience.

Last edited by Kiwias on Sat May 26, 2018 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 1:14 am 

fishfoodie wrote:
zt1903 wrote:

He's about as interested in furthering the causes of African Americans, as Don King

50+ years, it's 2018...but, yes!

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 1:43 am 

shanky wrote:
_fatprop wrote:
shanky wrote:
zt1903 wrote:
So the NorKs are back with their tails between their legs then. Willing to meet “whenever, however” to resolve outstanding issues.

Or, alternatively, they’re making it look like it’s Trump who is being intransigent while they’re being constructive - thereby increasing the pressure upon him to act or concede.

I dunno, it’s almost as if they’re in the middle of a protracted, diplomatic negotiation, with no particular timeframe - rather than a 1-hour gameshow timeslot that needs to wrap up before the viewers take a donut break.

To negotiate you need to be prepared to walk away, I see this as just part of the game.

NK now know that if their usual rhetoric is continued there are no deals, no planes full of cash, no aid packages

Now that doesn't mean that there won't be planes full of cash and aid packages in any final deal (if any) just that without something tangible, they could get nothing

Well, then we’re agreeing with each other. The issue is that one party is under time pressure and one isn’t

I think the other thing to consider is Trump's background as a NYC developer, win/wins aren't "winning" in his mind it is a winner take all sport

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 2:23 am 

_fatprop wrote:
shanky wrote:
_fatprop wrote:
shanky wrote:
zt1903 wrote:

I think the other thing to consider is Trump's background as a NYC developer, win/wins aren't "winning" in his mind it is a winner take all sport

I agree completely. That’s his flaw. He’s only got one negotiating style, which is the American/bully style. Regardless of how brilliant he may(?) be at it, using only one style makes you predictable.

Everyone now knows exactly how to play him, which means they can go a long way to overcoming the natural superiority his global position gives him. It’s laughable watching him hitting the ball up, one-out, over and over again.

The sign of a great negotiator is one who can negotiate from weakness. Any fule can negotiate from strength.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 3:08 am 

Finally we have some incontrovertible evidence of the Obama administration spying on Trump.

Be warned, this is shocking stuff.

Spoiler: show

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 3:26 am 

zt1903 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 6:15 am 

fishfoodie wrote:
zt1903 wrote:

And yet 3 out of 4 Women's March leaders praise him.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 6:45 am 

Anonymous. wrote:
zt1903 wrote:

It's disheartening to see supposedly intelligent people trying to imbue a complete fuckwit like Donald Trump with some kind of super-intelligent strategy, when it's quite clear that he's completely out of his depth.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 7:30 am 

Rinkals wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
zt1903 wrote:

It's disheartening to see supposedly intelligent people trying to imbue a complete fuckwit like Donald Trump with some kind of super-intelligent strategy, when it's quite clear that he's completely out of his depth.

Amen.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 8:24 am 

fishfoodie wrote:
zt1903 wrote:

I don’t disagree, it’s still bizarre thing to behold though.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 9:32 am 

An extremely credible source called me today to tell me Trump and Russia were working together to mislead voters in to voting for him.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:22 am 

Rinkals wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
zt1903 wrote:

Who here has ever considered zt supposedly intelligent? :?

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:34 am 

Fat Old Git wrote:
An extremely credible source called me today to tell me Trump and Russia were working together to mislead voters in to voting for him.

My 7 year old is pretty well briefed on this as well. It appears that 6 people on here and a few million in the US are the only ones left to be persuaded

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:37 am 

Thai guy wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
zt1903 wrote:

Well, I don't think he's quite as stupid as his continued defence of Trump implies.

The same goes for Santa and Sen. WT, however, is clearly in a class of his own.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:55 am 

Rinkals wrote:
Thai guy wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
zt1903 wrote:

Well, I don't think he's quite as stupid as his continued defence of Trump implies.

It's worth looking at the average Trump voter when considering the stupidity of these posters.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 11:01 am 

EverReady wrote:
Fat Old Git wrote:

My 7 year old is pretty well briefed on this as well. It appears that 6 people on here and a few million in the US are the only ones left to be persuaded

I also just found out that Trump is mining our Facebook accounts even though our privacy settings should prevent it.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 11:17 am 

Quite.

I'm not going to discuss the intelligence of people that voted for Trump; I'm sure they had their reasons, however much they may now wish that they hadn't.

Santa characterised a poster (Fishfoodie, I think) on the previous page as a 'moron', but I've said previously that going to any lengths to defend Trump inevitably makes one look silly.

Occam's Razor suggests that the reason Trump sounds so stupid and says such stupid things is because he IS stupid. There is an immeasurably faint possibility that he's actually playing some deep and complex game, but I think it's far more probable that he is simply a fuckwit.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 11:18 am 

Rinkals wrote:
Thai guy wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
zt1903 wrote:

Cheers. Thai guy on the other hand .......

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 12:34 pm 

I’m still of the view that anyone on the bored who is on the Drumpf train is a troll. It’s just a shame that so many Americans who are actively getting f**ked over by him and his administration are so loyal to him. As I’ve said many times before Drumpf is a terrible human being and an even worse president.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 12:53 pm 

theaxe wrote:
I’m still of the view that anyone on the bored who is on the Drumpf train is a troll. It’s just a shame that so many Americans who are actively getting f**ked over by him and his administration are so loyal to him. As I’ve said many times before Drumpf is a terrible human being and an even worse president.

Oh no. Do you know what you have just done?

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 7:23 pm 

Seriously, what's with the orange skin, it's so gross.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 2:06 am 

Floppykid wrote:
Seriously, what's with the orange skin, it's so gross.

It makes the whole Trump experience that much more amusing.

Merka has an actual grotesque in the driver's seat. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 2:32 am 

Quote:
With US talks in limbo, Korean leaders hold surprise summit

Following a whirlwind 24 hours that saw Trump cancel the highly anticipated June 12 meeting with Kim before saying it's potentially back on, the Korean leaders took matters into their own hands.

Their quickly arranged meeting Saturday appears to highlight a sense of urgency on both sides of the world's most heavily armed border: Moon wants to secure a summit that he sees as the best way to ease animosity that had some fearing a war last year; Kim may see the sit-down with Trump as the best way to save his economy from crushing sanctions and win security assurances in a region surrounded by enemies

LINK.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1783, 1784, 1785, 1786, 1787, 1788, 1789 ... 2679  Next