Chat Forum
It is currently Wed May 27, 2020 5:53 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112544 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1785, 1786, 1787, 1788, 1789, 1790, 1791 ... 2814  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:59 pm
Posts: 550
houtkabouter wrote:
BokJock wrote:
100MileDad wrote:

What, in wanting a respectful state visit for Mr Trump, which he deserves for being the leader of the USA?

As with a lot things, you couldn't be more wrong.


He never apologized for retweeting Britain First and trolled the London mayor after a terrorist attack.

fudge him - he wasn't respectful to us.

It's DAC, he was also retweeting Britain first...


Ah, here we go.........


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7981
100MileDad wrote:
penguin wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
What, in wanting a respectful state visit for Mr Trump, which he deserves for being the leader of the USA?

As with a lot things, you couldn't be more wrong.


The people of the United States could vote for a road side burger van, selling rancid roadkill as the top restaurant in their country...doesn't mean I have to want to eat there. He gets the amount of respect he deserves.


Again, you'll have to point out why you hate him so much other than being a misogynistic. I don't get it.


Ok. If you like. Donald Trump's life has been a long entitled trip through racist and unethical business practices, failure at almost everything he has ever touched but with bragging about how great he is at the same time, and behaviour in his personal life that includes cheating on spouses and, according to Ivana Trump, rape. If this were a one off allegation then we might believe she was simply trying to sell copies of her book, but he has a list of sexual assault allegations against him, which is further backed up by his repugnant words that he 'grabs 'em by the pussy'.

He is using the already polarised atmosphere in the US for his own ends, sowing more division and hatred through anti muslim, anti immigrant, anti science, ante bellum views and antagonistic, petty bitching beneath the office which he has stumbled into accidentally, as a project to boost his profile. He does not stand for anything, he has no redeeming virtues or vices. He is a terrible, terrible person on almost any level which you care to examine him.

Apart from that he is great.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:59 pm
Posts: 550
Quote:
Ok. If you like. Donald Trump's life has been a long entitled trip through racist and unethical business practices, failure at almost everything he has ever touched but with bragging about how great he is at the same time, and behaviour in his personal life that includes cheating on spouses and, according to Ivana Trump, rape. If this were a one off allegation then we might believe she was simply trying to sell copies of her book, but he has a list of sexual assault allegations against him, which is further backed up by his repugnant words that he 'grabs 'em by the pussy'.

He is using the already polarised atmosphere in the US for his own ends, sowing more division and hatred through anti muslim, anti immigrant, anti science, ante bellum views and antagonistic, petty bitching beneath the office which he has stumbled into accidentally, as a project to boost his profile. He does not stand for anything, he has no redeeming virtues or vices. He is a terrible, terrible person on almost any level which you care to examine him.


.....and he still beat Hiliary. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14624
100MileDad wrote:
So Trump is meeting Kim, by May. How are our bored sufferers of Trump Disorder reacting to the news?


It's interesting. I don't see what it's going to achieve though, I'm not sure the North Koreans are acting in good faith. Unless Kim rolls out the red carpet and Trump ends up completely infatuated with him, as Xi Jinping successfully achieved. It's already a success for the North Koreans because they've faced Trump down from "talks are useless" to "I'm happy to meet him", and undoubtedly there'll be some form of sanction relief to go along with this. There won't be denuclearization though.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:59 pm
Posts: 550
Bullettyme wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
So Trump is meeting Kim, by May. How are our bored sufferers of Trump Disorder reacting to the news?


It's interesting. I don't see what it's going to achieve though, I'm not sure the North Koreans are acting in good faith. Unless Kim rolls out the red carpet and Trump ends up completely infatuated with him, as Xi Jinping successfully achieved. It's already a success for the North Koreans because they've faced Trump down from "talks are useless" to "I'm happy to meet him", and undoubtedly there'll be some form of sanction relief to go along with this. There won't be denuclearization though.


it's far more than the last 5 leaders of the USA accomplished though, yeah? They are actually going to talk. Probably.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17008
BokJock wrote:
100MileDad wrote:

What, in wanting a respectful state visit for Mr Trump, which he deserves for being the leader of the USA?

As with a lot things, you couldn't be more wrong.


He never apologized for retweeting Britain First and trolled the London mayor after a terrorist attack.

fudge him - he wasn't respectful to us.

Or for rubbishing the NHS.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14624
100MileDad wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
So Trump is meeting Kim, by May. How are our bored sufferers of Trump Disorder reacting to the news?


It's interesting. I don't see what it's going to achieve though, I'm not sure the North Koreans are acting in good faith. Unless Kim rolls out the red carpet and Trump ends up completely infatuated with him, as Xi Jinping successfully achieved. It's already a success for the North Koreans because they've faced Trump down from "talks are useless" to "I'm happy to meet him", and undoubtedly there'll be some form of sanction relief to go along with this. There won't be denuclearization though.


it's far more than the last 5 leaders of the USA accomplished though, yeah? They are actually going to talk. Probably.


I'd say possibly at this stage. A lot can happen in two months, I mean nobody expected this on Monday, did they?

The last 5 leaders of the USA actually did talk to NK, just through diplomats rather than face to face. They also came up with lots of agreements which the North Koreans systematically undermined and broke. So forgive me my pessimism.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:59 pm
Posts: 550
Rinkals wrote:
BokJock wrote:
100MileDad wrote:

What, in wanting a respectful state visit for Mr Trump, which he deserves for being the leader of the USA?

As with a lot things, you couldn't be more wrong.


He never apologized for retweeting Britain First and trolled the London mayor after a terrorist attack.

fudge him - he wasn't respectful to us.

Or for rubbishing the NHS.


he said:

"because the NHS is "going broke and not working".

Is he wrong?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:59 pm
Posts: 550
Bullettyme wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
So Trump is meeting Kim, by May. How are our bored sufferers of Trump Disorder reacting to the news?


It's interesting. I don't see what it's going to achieve though, I'm not sure the North Koreans are acting in good faith. Unless Kim rolls out the red carpet and Trump ends up completely infatuated with him, as Xi Jinping successfully achieved. It's already a success for the North Koreans because they've faced Trump down from "talks are useless" to "I'm happy to meet him", and undoubtedly there'll be some form of sanction relief to go along with this. There won't be denuclearization though.


it's far more than the last 5 leaders of the USA accomplished though, yeah? They are actually going to talk. Probably.


I'd say possibly at this stage. A lot can happen in two months, I mean nobody expected this on Monday, did they?

The last 5 leaders of the USA actually did talk to NK, just through diplomats rather than face to face. They also came up with lots of agreements which the North Koreans systematically undermined and broke. So forgive me my pessimism.


You've every right to be pessimistic, a year from now Mr Trump could be awarded a Nobel Peace Prize.

How'd you like those apples?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14624
100MileDad wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
So Trump is meeting Kim, by May. How are our bored sufferers of Trump Disorder reacting to the news?


It's interesting. I don't see what it's going to achieve though, I'm not sure the North Koreans are acting in good faith. Unless Kim rolls out the red carpet and Trump ends up completely infatuated with him, as Xi Jinping successfully achieved. It's already a success for the North Koreans because they've faced Trump down from "talks are useless" to "I'm happy to meet him", and undoubtedly there'll be some form of sanction relief to go along with this. There won't be denuclearization though.


it's far more than the last 5 leaders of the USA accomplished though, yeah? They are actually going to talk. Probably.


I'd say possibly at this stage. A lot can happen in two months, I mean nobody expected this on Monday, did they?

The last 5 leaders of the USA actually did talk to NK, just through diplomats rather than face to face. They also came up with lots of agreements which the North Koreans systematically undermined and broke. So forgive me my pessimism.


You've every right to be pessimistic, a year from now Mr Trump could be awarded a Nobel Peace Prize.

How'd you like those apples?


I'd say fair play to him?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7981
100MileDad wrote:

You've every right to be pessimistic, a year from now Mr Trump could be awarded a Nobel Peace Prize.

How'd you like those apples?


You seem determined to believe that anyone who is anti-Trump would be blind to anything good. If he genuinely gets North Korea to disarm, and create a peaceful status quo then he'll be praised for that.

Do good things, get praise. Do bad things, get criticism...it's not that hard.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:59 pm
Posts: 550
penguin wrote:
100MileDad wrote:

You've every right to be pessimistic, a year from now Mr Trump could be awarded a Nobel Peace Prize.

How'd you like those apples?


You seem determined to believe that anyone who is anti-Trump would be blind to anything good
. If he genuinely gets North Korea to disarm, and create a peaceful status quo then he'll be praised for that.

Do good things, get praise. Do bad things, get criticism...it's not that hard.


Sorry, I'm only basing that on 1700+ pages of hate.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7981
100MileDad wrote:
penguin wrote:
100MileDad wrote:

You've every right to be pessimistic, a year from now Mr Trump could be awarded a Nobel Peace Prize.

How'd you like those apples?


You seem determined to believe that anyone who is anti-Trump would be blind to anything good
. If he genuinely gets North Korea to disarm, and create a peaceful status quo then he'll be praised for that.

Do good things, get praise. Do bad things, get criticism...it's not that hard.


Sorry, I'm only basing that on 1700+ pages of hate.


Well, we haven't been able to test the 'done something good' part of the equation yet.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:59 pm
Posts: 550
penguin wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
penguin wrote:
100MileDad wrote:

You've every right to be pessimistic, a year from now Mr Trump could be awarded a Nobel Peace Prize.

How'd you like those apples?


You seem determined to believe that anyone who is anti-Trump would be blind to anything good
. If he genuinely gets North Korea to disarm, and create a peaceful status quo then he'll be praised for that.

Do good things, get praise. Do bad things, get criticism...it's not that hard.


Sorry, I'm only basing that on 1700+ pages of hate.


Well, we haven't been able to test the 'done something good' part of the equation yet.


That's because you've been hysterical.

I would suggest that Trump's first year as POTUS has been the most successful first year ever.

We can discuss the facts if you like?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7981
100MileDad wrote:
penguin wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
penguin wrote:
100MileDad wrote:

You've every right to be pessimistic, a year from now Mr Trump could be awarded a Nobel Peace Prize.

How'd you like those apples?


You seem determined to believe that anyone who is anti-Trump would be blind to anything good
. If he genuinely gets North Korea to disarm, and create a peaceful status quo then he'll be praised for that.

Do good things, get praise. Do bad things, get criticism...it's not that hard.


Sorry, I'm only basing that on 1700+ pages of hate.


Well, we haven't been able to test the 'done something good' part of the equation yet.


That's because you've been hysterical.

I would suggest that Trump's first year as POTUS has been the most successful first year ever.

We can discuss the facts if you like?


I am perfectly calm, I assure you. I don't know why you insist on imagining that people who disagree with you cannot just be rational debaters?

As for your facts, I'll be very surprised if you manage to bring anything new to the table. Don't you think that's what the entirety of this thread is?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:59 pm
Posts: 550
Quote:
I am perfectly calm, I assure you. I don't know why you insist on imagining that people who disagree with you cannot just be rational debaters

As for your facts, I'll be very surprised if you manage to bring anything new to the table. Don't you think that's what the entirety of this thread is?


I didn't mean you directly, I mean the collective.

He's brought in real tax cuts that are helping small businesses, stock market records, increased economic growth by over 3% for two quarters in a row, trade deals with China and Korea.....would you like me to carry on?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:30 am
Posts: 4801
100MileDad wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
BokJock wrote:
100MileDad wrote:

What, in wanting a respectful state visit for Mr Trump, which he deserves for being the leader of the USA?

As with a lot things, you couldn't be more wrong.


He never apologized for retweeting Britain First and trolled the London mayor after a terrorist attack.

fudge him - he wasn't respectful to us.

Or for rubbishing the NHS.


he said:

"because the NHS is "going broke and not working".

Is he wrong?


That is not the full tweet.

and believe someone who has not always had the NHS, it has worked and (with the imminent arrival of my 3rd child in an NHS hospital) continues to work for me and my wife.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:59 pm
Posts: 550
Quote:
That is not the full tweet.

and believe someone who has not always had the NHS, it has worked and (with the imminent arrival of my 3rd child in an NHS hospital) continues to work for me and my wife


Post the full tweet then.

I love the NHS and will defend it to the depth, doesn't change the fact Trump wasn't actually wrong, does it?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7981
100MileDad wrote:
Quote:
I am perfectly calm, I assure you. I don't know why you insist on imagining that people who disagree with you cannot just be rational debaters

As for your facts, I'll be very surprised if you manage to bring anything new to the table. Don't you think that's what the entirety of this thread is?


I didn't mean you directly, I mean the collective.

He's brought in real tax cuts that are helping small businesses, stock market records, increased economic growth by over 3% for two quarters in a row, trade deals with China and Korea.....would you like me to carry on?


Same old, same old. You say tax cuts, to which I counter that the tax cuts will mainly go to the rich, will amount to very little for middle to lower income families in even the medium term, and that he is doubling down on the problems that already beset the american economy. Stock market records and current state of the economy are still largely Obama based (I will say that he has no doubt created more confidence, so partial credit...but it's still based on what came before).

Whatever you choose to believe he has succeeded on, it is because you want to believe it. The impact of the things he has forced through are yet to be realised. You believe these are good things, I don't. I think we're brewing to a second financial crash (which before you think I am putting that all on Trump - the foundations are still shaky from a decade ago - I just think his efforts are making it worse).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:59 pm
Posts: 550
Quote:
it is because you want to believe it.


No, sorry, I believe them because they are facts.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:59 pm
Posts: 550
As for Obama's legacy, there are things I didn't mention which I could have given false credit for, like low unemployment levels.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7981
100MileDad wrote:
Quote:
it is because you want to believe it.


No, sorry, I believe them because they are facts.


He passed tax reform. Fact. The impact of the tax reform will be good. Opinion.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:59 pm
Posts: 550
There is a definite case for being the best first year of a Presidential term, ever.

I've said my bit here and have taken the piss out of the collective, poorly, with my Tredeau thread. Good day to you.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:52 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 40478
100MileDad wrote:
Quote:
it is because you want to believe it.


No, sorry, I believe them because they are facts.



In sheer quantity, it might be hard to beat what he has done with regulations related to the environment

33 rules have been overturned:
Flood building standards
Proposed ban on a potentially harmful pesticide
Freeze on new coal leases on public lands
Methane reporting requirement
Anti-dumping rule for coal companies
Decision on Keystone XL pipeline
Decision on Dakota Access pipeline
Third-party settlement funds
Offshore drilling ban in the Atlantic and Arctic
Ban on seismic air gun testing in the Atlantic
Northern Bering Sea climate resilience plan
Royalty regulations for oil, gas and coal
Inclusion of greenhouse gas emissions in environmental reviews
Permit-issuing process for new infrastructure projects
Green Climate Fund contributions
Endangered species listings
Hunting ban on wolves and grizzly bears in Alaska
Protections for whales and sea turtles
Reusable water bottles rule for national parks
National parks climate order
Environmental mitigation for federal projects
Calculation for “social cost” of carbon
Planning rule for public lands
Copper filter cake listing as hazardous waste
Mine cleanup rule
Sewage treatment pollution regulations
Ban on use of lead ammunition on federal lands
Restrictions on fishing
Fracking regulations on public lands
Migratory bird protections
Department of Interior climate policies
Rule regulating industrial polluters
Safety standards for “high hazard” trains

24 rollbacks are in progress:
Clean Power Plan
Paris climate agreement
Car and truck fuel-efficiency standards
Offshore oil and gas leasing
Status of 10 national monuments
Status of 12 marine areas
Limits on toxic discharge from power plants
Coal ash discharge regulations
Emissions standards for new, modified and reconstructed power plants
Emissions rules for power plant start-up and shutdown
Sage grouse habitat protections
Regulations on oil and gas drilling in some national parks
Oil rig safety regulations
Regulations for offshore oil and gas exploration by floating vessels
Drilling in the Arctic Wildlife Refuge
Hunting method regulations in Alaska
Requirement for tracking emissions on federal highways
Emissions standards for trailers and glider kits
Limits on methane emissions on public lands
Permitting process for air-polluting plants
Use of birds in subsistence handicrafts
Coal dust rule
Haze rule for national parks
Review process for forest restoration projects

10 rollbacks are in limbo:
Wetland and tributary protections
Methane emission limits at new oil and gas wells
Limits on landfill emissions
Mercury emission limits for power plants
Hazardous chemical facility regulations
Groundwater protections for uranium mines
Efficiency standards for appliances
Efficiency standards for federal buildings
Rule helping consumers buy fuel-efficient tires
Aircraft emissions standards

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... ersed.html

Now if only the overwhelming majority were not directly damaging to the environment.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:55 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 40478
Has anyone from the WH explained why the State Dept spokesman announced midday that there is nothing happening in terms of scheduling talks or talks about talks yet a SK spokesman in front of the WH the same evening announced talks and a possible meeting between the Orange Shitgibbon and Rocket Man?

Without a single word from the WH or the State Dept.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:13 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 40478
A die-hard Trump supporter got stuck into Stormy Daniels on Twitter.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17008
100MileDad wrote:
penguin wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
penguin wrote:
100MileDad wrote:

You've every right to be pessimistic, a year from now Mr Trump could be awarded a Nobel Peace Prize.

How'd you like those apples?


You seem determined to believe that anyone who is anti-Trump would be blind to anything good
. If he genuinely gets North Korea to disarm, and create a peaceful status quo then he'll be praised for that.

Do good things, get praise. Do bad things, get criticism...it's not that hard.


Sorry, I'm only basing that on 1700+ pages of hate.


Well, we haven't been able to test the 'done something good' part of the equation yet.


That's because you've been hysterical.

I would suggest that Trump's first year as POTUS has been the most successful first year ever.

We can discuss the facts if you like?

Absolute rubbish.

If you can't see that Trump has been a monumental f*ck up from the beginning, you are even stupider than your posting history suggests.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5576
Location: A gaf in Bracknell
DAC it's no wonder you're such a bitter plum, you really should try altruism occasionally.

Science has proved it makes it you feel better.

You know science, that thing your monkey doesn't believe in...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm
Posts: 18186
Turbogoat wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
So Trump is meeting Kim, by May. How are our bored sufferers of Trump Disorder reacting to the news?


It'll be interesting to see how those guys react, for sure. Those that haven't been banned for racism, that is.

Could be a very good thing, if NK agree to give up their nukes, although they'll definitely be holding out for a fair bit in return. Luckily, the rest of the world has the Master of the art of the idea of the essence of the deal ready to do the negotiating.

There are several hurdles. Currently, there is only a 50/50 chance that Trump will negotiate with the correct Korea.
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... korea.html

The two leaders may also get a bit distracted if they start swapping hair styling tips or military parade planning ideas.

Could be a great victory, could come at a great cost, may even be a Pyrrhic victory, or could be an utter clusterfuck. Will certainly be interesting to see how it plays out.

NK aren't giving up their nukes. There's a NK movie about how the pursuit of Nukes brings the US to the table. That's the narrative. They're just playing him IMO.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4398
Kiwias wrote:
A die-hard Trump supporter got stuck into Stormy Daniels on Twitter.

Image


It's probably true that he only shagged Stormy because Ivanka wouldn't let him climb aboard. It's might be the same reason he hooked up with Melania, too.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm
Posts: 18186
1994: N Korea signs agreement to freeze its plutonium weapons program

2002: US finds out Pyongyang is secretly pursuing uranium enrichment; deal collapses

2005: N Korea commits to denuclearization

2006: N Korea tests its first nuclear device

2018: TBD

From Ian Bremmer on twitter.

If something good comes from this great but I'm sceptical.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:01 pm
Posts: 4532
paddyor wrote:
1994: N Korea signs agreement to freeze its plutonium weapons program

2002: US finds out Pyongyang is secretly pursuing uranium enrichment; deal collapses

2005: N Korea commits to denuclearization

2006: N Korea tests its first nuclear device

2018: TBD

From Ian Bremmer on twitter.

If something good comes from this great but I'm sceptical.


Same. Donny will lose a lot of face if he can't get something from a face to face meeting


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:30 am
Posts: 4801
DragonKhan wrote:
paddyor wrote:
1994: N Korea signs agreement to freeze its plutonium weapons program

2002: US finds out Pyongyang is secretly pursuing uranium enrichment; deal collapses

2005: N Korea commits to denuclearization

2006: N Korea tests its first nuclear device

2018: TBD

From Ian Bremmer on twitter.

If something good comes from this great but I'm sceptical.


Same. Donny will lose a lot of face if he can't get something from a face to face meeting


Scary thought - Trump being the petty, vindictive, thin-skinned, narcissist that he is...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 37132
Image

:thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 37132
Meanwhile, the Globalists are starting to sabre-rattle:

Image

Quote:
Humility and passivity do not well serve those who truly believe the liberal capitalist order hammered out after the Second World War is of the greatest benefit to the greatest number. Concessions to illiberal populists or chauvinistic nationalists should not be the product of charity or self-doubt. They should be hard-won, and only after a bitterly contested ordeal. These kinds of martial metaphors will yield bouts of feigned indignation from populist nationalists who freely and recklessly resort to such language themselves, but this, too, amounts to mere theatrics. If capitalist democrats believe their model is the means by which the greatest number will benefit, and contend that their opponents are dangerously wrong, they need to start acting like it.

It has been more than a generation since the West confronted a peer competitor that championed an alternative model to the kind of liberalized global economic integration that emerged after the collapse of the Berlin Wall. As such, our skill at championing a model of social organization unapologetically, without fear or favor, has atrophied. That’s an aptitude that we will have to re-learn, and soon. If populist nationalism is to be contained, it cannot be subsumed into greater liberalism and its malcontents mollified by social-welfare programs. The very idea of populist nationalism will have to be overwhelmed. As soon as advocates of unfettered freedom and commerce come to that conclusion, that necessary work can begin.


https://www.commentarymagazine.com/poli ... m-problem/

Some vigorous stuff in there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 37132
Another question: When does Sessions start arresting some of these recalcitrant Californian politicians? The optics are going to be great for Trump's poll numbers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21779
Location: Middle East
Kiwias wrote:
A die-hard Trump supporter got stuck into Stormy Daniels on Twitter.

Image


...when he has Ivanka...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

... oh wait, you're serious. x(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9447
Location: Ultracrepidaria
Turbogoat wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
So Trump is meeting Kim, by May. How are our bored sufferers of Trump Disorder reacting to the news?


It'll be interesting to see how those guys react, for sure. Those that haven't been banned for racism, that is.

Could be a very good thing, if NK agree to give up their nukes, although they'll definitely be holding out for a fair bit in return. Luckily, the rest of the world has the Master of the art of the idea of the essence of the deal ready to do the negotiating.

There are several hurdles. Currently, there is only a 50/50 chance that Trump will negotiate with the correct Korea.
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... korea.html

The two leaders may also get a bit distracted if they start swapping hair styling tips or military parade planning ideas.

Could be a great victory, could come at a great cost, may even be a Pyrrhic victory, or could be an utter clusterfuck. Will certainly be interesting to see how it plays out.


Image


There's going to be shitloads of pointing at things too.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8093
Bullettyme wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
So Trump is meeting Kim, by May. How are our bored sufferers of Trump Disorder reacting to the news?


It's interesting. I don't see what it's going to achieve though, I'm not sure the North Koreans are acting in good faith. Unless Kim rolls out the red carpet and Trump ends up completely infatuated with him, as Xi Jinping successfully achieved. It's already a success for the North Koreans because they've faced Trump down from "talks are useless" to "I'm happy to meet him", and undoubtedly there'll be some form of sanction relief to go along with this. There won't be denuclearization though.


it's far more than the last 5 leaders of the USA accomplished though, yeah? They are actually going to talk. Probably.


I'd say possibly at this stage. A lot can happen in two months, I mean nobody expected this on Monday, did they?

The last 5 leaders of the USA actually did talk to NK, just through diplomats rather than face to face. They also came up with lots of agreements which the North Koreans systematically undermined and broke. So forgive me my pessimism.


And that is exactly the point, it's the diplomats that make things happen, they have never stopped talking. Kim has played Trump beautifully and lured him into a meeting that the USA has absolutely no hope of being ready for. These types of summits take months, even years, to get to the stage where 2 leaders can sit down and make something meaningful happen - Trumps disfunctional administration, without even a decent diplomat currently in Korea, hopes to do this in a few weeks?

NK are going to make the US look like complete fools and there is no way, no way at all, they will be sitting down for a chat in May.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:56 pm
Posts: 9286
slick wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
So Trump is meeting Kim, by May. How are our bored sufferers of Trump Disorder reacting to the news?


It's interesting. I don't see what it's going to achieve though, I'm not sure the North Koreans are acting in good faith. Unless Kim rolls out the red carpet and Trump ends up completely infatuated with him, as Xi Jinping successfully achieved. It's already a success for the North Koreans because they've faced Trump down from "talks are useless" to "I'm happy to meet him", and undoubtedly there'll be some form of sanction relief to go along with this. There won't be denuclearization though.


it's far more than the last 5 leaders of the USA accomplished though, yeah? They are actually going to talk. Probably.


I'd say possibly at this stage. A lot can happen in two months, I mean nobody expected this on Monday, did they?

The last 5 leaders of the USA actually did talk to NK, just through diplomats rather than face to face. They also came up with lots of agreements which the North Koreans systematically undermined and broke. So forgive me my pessimism.


And that is exactly the point, it's the diplomats that make things happen, they have never stopped talking. Kim has played Trump beautifully and lured him into a meeting that the USA has absolutely no hope of being ready for. These types of summits take months, even years, to get to the stage where 2 leaders can sit down and make something meaningful happen - Trumps disfunctional administration, without even a decent diplomat currently in Korea, hopes to do this in a few weeks?

NK are going to make the US look like complete fools and there is no way, no way at all, they will be sitting down for a chat in May.


Good summary. where do you think Kissinger went wrong, the stupid dolt.

https://thediplomat.com/2018/01/the-tro ... ea-advice/


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112544 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1785, 1786, 1787, 1788, 1789, 1790, 1791 ... 2814  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: af73, Caley_Red, Catman, Clogs, Dark, Davedj77, Google Adsense [Bot], johnstrac, Kiwias, Pat the Ex Mat, sonic_attack and 83 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group