Planet Rugby Forum
https://forum.planetrugby.com/

POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all
https://forum.planetrugby.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=72244
Page 1791 of 2812

Author:  Fat Old Git [ Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-Already making America Great Again!

Is America great again yet? I hear Trump's slogan for the next election is "Keep America Great".

Author:  La soule [ Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-Already making America Great Again!

Rex Tillerson sacked

Author:  puku [ Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-Already making America Great Again!

Tillerson fired.

Some people are saying it is because he went hard on the Russians and Putin in particular over the Skripal poisoning.

I think it is just another example of Trump's chaotic, sorry, "energetic" presidency.

Author:  normilet [ Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-Already making America Great Again!

La soule wrote:
Rex Tillerson sacked


Wonder if that was always coming or if it's in response to what Tillerson said about Russia and this nerve gas thing over in the UK?

Author:  Turbogoat [ Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-Already making America Great Again!

La soule wrote:
Rex Tillerson sacked


Who had that one in their whitehouse deadpool? Odds on favourite was McMaster.

Still, shortly after announcing historic talks with the despotic leader of a rogue nuclear power, that's the perfect time to give your chief foreign diplomat the boot.

Pompeo is taking his place - ex-head of the CIA so he can at least be expected to have a good grasp on the foreign affairs, lets hope he can get up to speed in enough time.

No Chaos, no chaos!

Author:  puku [ Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-Already making America Great Again!

Turbogoat wrote:
La soule wrote:
Rex Tillerson sacked


Who had that one in their whitehouse deadpool? Odds on favourite was McMaster.

Still, shortly after announcing historic talks with the despotic leader of a rogue nuclear power, that's the perfect time to give your chief foreign diplomat the boot.

Pompeo is taking his place - ex-head of the CIA so he can at least be expected to have a good grasp on the foreign affairs, lets hope he can get up to speed in enough time.

No Chaos, no chaos!


I'm not sure of that. The guy has only been head for a year and before that a congressman.

Author:  Turbogoat [ Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-Already making America Great Again!

puku wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
La soule wrote:
Rex Tillerson sacked


Who had that one in their whitehouse deadpool? Odds on favourite was McMaster.

Still, shortly after announcing historic talks with the despotic leader of a rogue nuclear power, that's the perfect time to give your chief foreign diplomat the boot.

Pompeo is taking his place - ex-head of the CIA so he can at least be expected to have a good grasp on the foreign affairs, lets hope he can get up to speed in enough time.

No Chaos, no chaos!


I'm not sure of that. The guy has only been head for a year and before that a congressman.


Yeah, I'm a bit optimistic there.

Author:  Stevus55 [ Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-Already making America Great Again!

Seth Abrahamson (I know, I know) reckons that Tillerson got word of this a few days ago and his Russia comments were made in light of no longer being required to toe Trumps lines.

Author:  Turbogoat [ Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-Already making America Great Again!

Stevus55 wrote:
Seth Abrahamson (I know, I know) reckons that Tillerson got word of this a few days ago and his Russia comments were made in light of no longer being required to toe Trumps lines.


Was it before or after he called Trump a fucking moron though?

Author:  Bullettyme [ Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-Already making America Great Again!

Tillersons comments on Russia were quite interesting, basically proving that diplomacy is a two way street and if one party isn't interested in being a responsible actor then cooperation is destined to fail. There's posters on here who believe that Russia should just be allowed to do what they want, with no interference. There's also others who criticised Obama for "ruining relations" with Russia, and steadfastly believed it was a one way street. Tillerson was also hired to specifically manage the Russia relationship, and had decent personal relations with the Putin inner circle. So the words lend weight.

Anyway, that was the longest sacking ever! I don't think Tillerson was very good, and he's leaving a state department in total disarray. Most of the senior positions there are still empty.

Author:  Deadtigers [ Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-Already making America Great Again!

Turbogoat wrote:
Stevus55 wrote:
Seth Abrahamson (I know, I know) reckons that Tillerson got word of this a few days ago and his Russia comments were made in light of no longer being required to toe Trumps lines.


Was it before or after he called Trump a fucking moron though?


Fake news!!

It was "a moron!"

Author:  Deadtigers [ Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-Already making America Great Again!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trumps-per ... 1520945928

Season two of the Presidenttice continues with another firing. More so escorted out and not allowed to collect his things by security!!

Author:  Deadtigers [ Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-Already making America Great Again!

Ya Boy!! Rex Tills aka Pres ExOil aka SecSt (sorry be being so, how you say?.... urban!?!). Found out he was fired via Twitter.

Author:  penguin [ Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-Already making America Great Again!

Wasn't there some 'suicide pact' that Tillerson was meant to be part of? Can't remember who else was rumoured to be in it with him...but could we see a couple of resignations to follow this?

Author:  Akkerman [ Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-Already making America Great Again!

penguin wrote:
Wasn't there some 'suicide pact' that Tillerson was meant to be part of? Can't remember who else was rumoured to be in it with him...but could we see a couple of resignations to follow this?

let's see if true
Quote:
Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, Defense Secretary Jim Mattis, and Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin reportedly have forged a "suicide pact" in which all three members of President Trump's Cabinet would leave if one of them becomes a target of the president

Author:  penguin [ Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-Already making America Great Again!

Akkerman wrote:
penguin wrote:
Wasn't there some 'suicide pact' that Tillerson was meant to be part of? Can't remember who else was rumoured to be in it with him...but could we see a couple of resignations to follow this?

let's see if true
Quote:
Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, Defense Secretary Jim Mattis, and Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin reportedly have forged a "suicide pact" in which all three members of President Trump's Cabinet would leave if one of them becomes a target of the president


That's the one. Another energetic week ahead. Normally they leave the big stuff until Friday...I can only imagine what they are building up to this week!

Author:  Kiwias [ Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-Already making America Great Again!

Deadtigers wrote:
Ya Boy!! Rex Tills aka Pres ExOil aka SecSt (sorry be being so, how you say?.... urban!?!). Found out he was fired via Twitter.


Real classy, Drumpfo.

Author:  Saint [ Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-Already making America Great Again!

Deadtigers wrote:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/trumps-personal-assistant-is-fired-1520945928

Season two of the Presidenttice continues with another firing. More so escorted out and not allowed to collect his things by security!!


And instantly hired by the Trump 2020 campaign

Author:  fishfoodie [ Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-Already making America Great Again!

penguin wrote:
Akkerman wrote:
penguin wrote:
Wasn't there some 'suicide pact' that Tillerson was meant to be part of? Can't remember who else was rumoured to be in it with him...but could we see a couple of resignations to follow this?

let's see if true
Quote:
Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, Defense Secretary Jim Mattis, and Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin reportedly have forged a "suicide pact" in which all three members of President Trump's Cabinet would leave if one of them becomes a target of the president


That's the one. Another energetic week ahead. Normally they leave the big stuff until Friday...I can only imagine what they are building up to this week!


Mattis might go, because I think he understands honor; but Mnuchin, as Gunny put it so elouquently; is the kind of guy who'd:

Quote:
Fuck a person in the ass not give him a reach around.

Author:  Bullettyme [ Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-Already making America Great Again!

Some funny shit in The Onion today.

"Rex Tillerson blindsided by news he still worked for State Department"

and

"Morale low in State Department after only employee fired"

Author:  fishfoodie [ Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-Already making America Great Again!

Well known liberal David Frum, rips into Strong & Stable, & Not at all Corrupt & colluding.

Quote:
The White House’s account of the Tillerson firing collapsed within minutes.

Senior administration officials told outlets including The Washington Post and CNN that Tillerson had been told he would be dismissed on Friday, March 9.


Quote:
A lot turns on that timing. On March 12, Tillerson had backed the British government’s accusation that Russia was culpable for a nerve-agent attack on United Kingdom soil. If Tillerson had been fired March 9, then his words of support for Britain could not explain his firing three days before. But if the White House was lying about the timing, it could be lying about the motive.

And since it now seems all but certain that the White House was lying about the timing, it looks more probable that it was lying about the motive too.


Quote:
The U.S.-U.K. response to the Russian nerve gas attack should have been coordinated in advance. It was not. The U.S. statement of support for Britain should have arrived on the day that the prime minister delivered her accusation. It did not. The response—if any—should also already be agreed upon. It plainly has not been.

The United Kingdom does not find itself deprived of U.S. support because of some British mistake or rush to judgment. Most of the U.S. government shares the British assessment of what happened—as attested by Tillerson’s statement in support of Britain, which would have relied on U.S. intelligence agency reports. Only Trump stands apart, vetoing any condemnation of Russia and perhaps punishing his secretary of state for breaking ranks on the president’s no-criticizing-Putin policy.

Author:  Deadtigers [ Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-Already making America Great Again!

New head of the CIA
Image
"We are now the sharp point of the stick!"

No in seriousness
Quote:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-pick-cia-director-female-career-spymaster-131953962--politics.html

Trump's choice to be the first female director of the CIA is a career spymaster who once ran an agency prison in Thailand where terror suspects were subjected to a harsh interrogation technique that the president has supported.

Trump tweeted Tuesday that he would nominate CIA Director Mike Pompeo to replace Rex Tillerson as secretary of state and that he has selected Gina Haspel to replace Pompeo.

Author:  free_safety [ Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-Already making America Great Again!

Tillerson should have known better than to accuse the russians of killing that UK double agent. The Russians have video of trump doing crazy things with russian prostitutes.

Author:  Bullettyme [ Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-Already making America Great Again!

Seriously, Trump is worth every rouble that Vlad spent. He's worth his weight in gold for them.

Author:  Deadtigers [ Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-Already making America Great Again!

Quote:
NBC News

@NBCNews
BREAKING: Under Secretary of State Steve Goldstein is being fired for contradicting the account of Rex Tillerson’s dismissal, White House official tells @NBCPolitics - @PeterAlexander

12:31 PM - Mar 13, 2018

Author:  penguin [ Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-Already making America Great Again!

Good energy today :lol:

Author:  Deadtigers [ Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-Already making America Great Again!

New record!! We have number 4!!

"ICE spokesman resigns, citing fabrications by agency chief, Sessions about Calif. immigrant arrests"

"“I quit because I didn’t want to perpetuate misleading facts,”

So basically the ICE chief and Sessions pressured him to lie about the impact Oakland Mayor Libby Schaff's warning of impending ICE raids there:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...l ... 3d2721b461

Author:  houtkabouter [ Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-Already making America Great Again!

There was no way Putin was going to let him stay after he collided with the UK, so he pulled the string.

Author:  Yer Man [ Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-Already making America Great Again!

free_safety wrote:
Tillerson should have known better than to accuse the russians of killing that UK double agent. The Russians have video of trump doing crazy things with russian prostitutes.

Ironic that Tillerson was pretty much hand picked by Putin - after Putin had vetoed Mitt Romney.

Given that another London based Russian who fell out with Putin has been found dead yesterday, maybe Tilly needs to watch his back?

Author:  Santa [ Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-Already making America Great Again!

Every day is a Dev Leopard day

https://youtu.be/ZM6LOmA_2WY

Author:  Turbogoat [ Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-Already making America Great Again!

Deadtigers wrote:
New record!! We have number 4!!

"ICE spokesman resigns, citing fabrications by agency chief, Sessions about Calif. immigrant arrests"

"“I quit because I didn’t want to perpetuate misleading facts,”

So basically the ICE chief and Sessions pressured him to lie about the impact Oakland Mayor Libby Schaff's warning of impending ICE raids there:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...l ... 3d2721b461


No chaos, no chaos!

Just as long as Betsy DeVos is still there to stabilize things.

Author:  Auckman [ Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-Already making America Great Again!

The circus continues

Author:  flaggETERNAL [ Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-Already making America Great Again!

I kid you not, on of the Trumpistas on my Facbeook says the constant sackings, firings and dismissals are a good thing. A sign that Trump is shaking things up. :shock: :lol: :lol:

Author:  RuggaBugga [ Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-Already making America Great Again!

Well at least he's still attending to important things like holding a a White House meeting on violence in the gaming industry. That's clearly the reason why so many people are going postal with AR-15s bought at Walmart.

Author:  Taranaki Snapper [ Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-Already making America Great Again!

fishfoodie wrote:

Mattis might go, because I think he understands honor; but Mnuchin, as Gunny put it so elouquently; is the kind of guy who'd:

Quote:
Fuck a person in the ass not give him a reach around.


Quote:
the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around!


Image

Author:  Saint [ Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-Already making America Great Again!

flaggETERNAL wrote:
I kid you not, on of the Trumpistas on my Facbeook says the constant sackings, firings and dismissals are a good thing. A sign that Trump is shaking things up. :shock: :lol: :lol:


Firing the people he brought in to shake things up is shaking it up? Like Northampton Saints fans, they're delusion

Author:  Floppykid [ Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-Already making America Great Again!

Saint wrote:
flaggETERNAL wrote:
I kid you not, on of the Trumpistas on my Facbeook says the constant sackings, firings and dismissals are a good thing. A sign that Trump is shaking things up. :shock: :lol: :lol:


Firing the people he brought in to shake things up is shaking it up? Like Northampton Saints fans, they're delusion

I can't wait till Mueller moves on Kushner.

Author:  fishfoodie [ Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:34 am ]
Post subject:  Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-Already making America Great Again!

Floppykid wrote:
Saint wrote:
flaggETERNAL wrote:
I kid you not, on of the Trumpistas on my Facbeook says the constant sackings, firings and dismissals are a good thing. A sign that Trump is shaking things up. :shock: :lol: :lol:


Firing the people he brought in to shake things up is shaking it up? Like Northampton Saints fans, they're delusion

I can't wait till Mueller moves on Kushner.


Well, look at what happened today.

Why was Tillerson sacked today ?

I posted a link to another Frum article; but this one is probably more important.

We're now at a stage; where ultra-conservatives, in good standing with the GOP heartland, are calling the way the Trump WH is reacting to threats from Russia, & asking why the WH is unable to just do the basics of International Relations, in supporting an Ally, when the Russia is the aggressor.

As has become typical of this administration, they're not even able to be competent when pretending to not be corruptly & traitorously under Russian influence.

Author:  puku [ Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-Already making America Great Again!

.

Author:  Saint [ Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-Already making America Great Again!

Changed your mind about *likely to.win"?

Page 1791 of 2812 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/