Chat Forum
It is currently Wed May 27, 2020 8:10 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112545 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1789, 1790, 1791, 1792, 1793, 1794, 1795 ... 2814  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:49 am 

86% counted and still up by 1.4%.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:56 am 

Mr Mike wrote:

700 votes in it

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:58 am 

CBS have 95% in and Lamb at 49.9%, Saccone at 49.4%
Lamb 101,979
Saccone 100,979

Last edited by Kiwias on Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:59 am 

Saint wrote:
Mr Mike wrote:

700 votes in it

Got to hand it to Puku, read the momentum. Hannity just described the Repub as a weak candidate as he surged.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:10 am 

Saint wrote:
Changed your mind about *likely to.win"?

Mea culpa.

Race is tighter than a duck's proverbial. Having said that, in a district that Trump took by 20% the result should be viewed as a referendum on the Orange One.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:41 am 

flaggETERNAL wrote:
I kid you not, on of the Trumpistas on my Facbeook says the constant sackings, firings and dismissals are a good thing. A sign that Trump is shaking things up. :shock: :lol: :lol:

This is what gets me. I'm sure the usual suspects on this thread will keep defending him.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:05 am 

Anonymous. wrote:
flaggETERNAL wrote:
I kid you not, on of the Trumpistas on my Facbeook says the constant sackings, firings and dismissals are a good thing. A sign that Trump is shaking things up. :shock: :lol: :lol:

This is what gets me. I'm sure the usual suspects on this thread will keep defending him.

Ah you've got it wrong. Trump has no defenders on this here fred. Just neutrals, those just having a laugh, and the anti anti-Trumpers. Apparently.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:11 am 

puku wrote:
Saint wrote:
Changed your mind about *likely to.win"?

Mea culpa.

Race is tighter than a duck's proverbial. Having said that, in a district that Trump took by 20% the result should be viewed as a referendum on the Orange One.

CNN have Lamb in the lead by 847 votes. It's going to come down to absentee ballots which Saccone needs 63-64% of to make up the deficit.

Do absentees generally favour one party over the other?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:19 am 

3208 remaining absentee ballots sent out (not returned).

Quote:

Nate Cohn
‏Verified account @Nate_Cohn
2m2 minutes ago
CNN says there are 3206 absentees outstanding in GOP counties. Saccone would need to win those by 20. He didn't on eday.

And Lamb won 62% of the Allegheny absentee vote. That's 5% higher than on Election Day. So it seems quite reasonable to make Lamb a clear favorite, assuming he can be expected to run ahead of his Election Day count by a similar margin elsewhere
But would still be soooo close

This district wont exist at next election. But it's bad for the GOP to lose a solidly R district regardless of the result.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:41 am 

In a district Trump won by 20 points, where the GOP spent $10 million, IF they lose this...

Also, let's nbot forget why this election got called in the first place eh. GOP family values what?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:47 am 

Anonymous. wrote:
flaggETERNAL wrote:

as per normal when there is nothing even remotely capable of being defended, they go quiet...very very quiet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:34 am 

Hong Kong wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
flaggETERNAL wrote:

as per normal when there is nothing even remotely capable of being defended, they go quiet...very very quiet

Careful, you'll get santa dropping a one liner on you.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:15 am 

Just saw on the news that two other white house advisers have been sacked because they contradicted Trump's official line on why Tillerson was sacked. :lol:

The Kremlin would be quite proud of how this purge has gone.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:35 am 

Auckman wrote:
Just saw on the news that two other white house advisers have been sacked because they contradicted Trump's official line on why Tillerson was sacked. :lol:

The Kremlin would be quite proud of how this purge has gone.

Draining the swamp, man, draining the swamp.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:12 pm 

flaggETERNAL wrote:
In a district Trump won by 20 points, where the GOP spent $10 million, IF they lose this...

Also, let's nbot forget why this election got called in the first place eh. GOP family values what?

The mere fact that democrats are competitive here shows that tramp has made democrats realize the importance of voting in local elections including special elections. And also people realize that the so called tax cuts were a sham that mostly benefited super wealthy types.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:08 pm 

is that so?

/Santa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:37 pm 

The rumour is that Stormy will be on 60 minutes this Sunday primed and ready to show and tell.

And on the PA-18 result, does mean that the so-called Trump political phenomenon can now be put down as nothing more that an emperor without clothes?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:41 pm 

PA-18 result is good for anyone against corporate PAC money.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:53 pm 

Bowens wrote:

What do you think of the candidate if you don't mind me asking? From what I'm seeing he's not exactly a progressive and he was picked by conference.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:46 pm 

puku wrote:
The rumour is that Stormy will be on 60 minutes this Sunday primed and ready to show and tell.

And on the PA-18 result, does mean that the so-called Trump political phenomenon can now be put down as nothing more that an emperor without clothes?

I don't think so. Regardless of the result, the fact that Trump got himself into the Whitehouse was a political achievement that defied all norms and I'd make the pitch that it was in itself both educational and the sign of a healthy political system. At the end of the day it has shown that people who buck the system can still get into positions of responsibility. While Trump isn't a resounding success there may be a time down the track when a leader who isn't a prisoner of the superpacs and lobbyists raises their head and makes a contribution. It has also been a lesson for democratic societies world-wide who all have the faults of complacency and apathy towards the voting system. And that's putting a negative slant on what was an extraordinary political feat by Trump... all the factors that lead to his success: his use of modern media, the tapping of an undercurrent in society that others ignored, his personal direct style, all deserve study and understanding.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:53 pm 

paddyor wrote:
Bowens wrote:

What do you think of the candidate if you don't mind me asking? From what I'm seeing he's not exactly a progressive and he was picked by conference.

Lamb is alright. Much better than Cordray, the guy the Ohio Democratic Party is backing for gov vs Kucinich. He has like an A rating from the NRA. :?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:08 pm 

NY Post are having a bit of fun. :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:59 pm 

Bowens wrote:
paddyor wrote:
Bowens wrote:

Lamb is alright. Much better than Cordray, the guy the Ohio Democratic Party is backing for gov vs Kucinich. He has like an A rating from the NRA. :?

The thing a lot of bonkers neo-progressive Bernie Sanders types forget is not every candidate can be pure.
You're going to have to have candidates tailor made for races.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:41 am 

Floppykid wrote:
Bowens wrote:
paddyor wrote:
Bowens wrote:

The thing a lot of bonkers neo-progressive Bernie Sanders types forget is not every candidate can be pure.
You're going to have to have candidates tailor made for races.

Well you will have the need for a Doug Jones every now and again but progressive candidates are running well across the country. They are having particular success in the Rust Belt and Appalachia, where much of the electorate would be more populist than particularly conservative or liberal.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:38 am 

flaggETERNAL wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
flaggETERNAL wrote:

Ah you've got it wrong. Trump has no defenders on this here fred. Just neutrals, those just having a laugh, and the anti anti-Trumpers. Apparently.

I could kiss you that was so brilliant!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:42 am 

:lol: :lol:
(One of those having a laugh)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:07 am 

Donald Jr and the wife are splitting up

Quote:
Vanessa told The New York Times in 2006 that Donald Trump had introduced her to his son at a fashion show twice within five minutes. The pair did not hit it off during the awkward interactions.

Six weeks later, they met again at a mutual friend's party. They didn't recognize each other until after an hour-long conversation.

"Then suddenly, something clicked: Wait, you were at that fashion show. Wait, you're 'the one with the retarded dad!' Vanessa blurted out," The Times reported.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:19 am 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:16 am 

shanky wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:02 am 

Sopranos on here ?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:04 am 

shanky wrote:

That chandelier behind Eric's head...the photographer was taking the proverbial.
:nod:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:12 am 

It's not just Eric...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:19 am 

The lass second from the left is one of those “realistic” sex robots?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:29 am 

ScarfaceClaw wrote:
The lass second from the left is one of those “realistic” sex robots?

Both of them surely.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:37 am 

shanky wrote:

Has Don Jr's hairstyle gotten better or worse?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:21 pm 

Flockwitt wrote:
puku wrote:

I don't think so. Regardless of the result, the fact that Trump got himself into the Whitehouse was a political achievement that defied all norms and I'd make the pitch that it was in itself both educational and the sign of a healthy political system. At the end of the day it has shown that people who buck the system can still get into positions of responsibility. While Trump isn't a resounding success there may be a time down the track when a leader who isn't a prisoner of the superpacs and lobbyists raises their head and makes a contribution. It has also been a lesson for democratic societies world-wide who all have the faults of complacency and apathy towards the voting system. And that's putting a negative slant on what was an extraordinary political feat by Trump... all the factors that lead to his success: his use of modern media, the tapping of an undercurrent in society that others ignored, his personal direct style, all deserve study and understanding.

It's all very well treating this as an academic exercise and I agree that it should be studied and learned and lessons taken from it, but in reality, it ain't an academic exposition, at least not yet.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:00 pm 

Quote:
Donald Trump boasted he made things up in a conversation with Canada's prime minister, insisting the US ran a trade deficit with its neighbour despite having "no idea" if the claim were true, the Washington Post reported.

The US President recalled the exchange with Justin Trudeau in a fundraising speech in Missouri, of which the paper said it had obtained an audio recording.

"Trudeau came to see me. He's a good guy, Justin. He said, 'No, no, we have no trade deficit with you, we have none. Donald, please,'" Mr Trump said, imitating Mr Trudeau, the paper reported.

"Nice guy, good-looking guy, comes in - 'Donald, we have no trade deficit.' He's very proud because everybody else, you know, we're getting killed.

"So, he's proud. I said, 'Wrong, Justin, you do.' I didn't even know. ... I had no idea. I just said, 'You're wrong.'"

Mr Trump added: "You know why? Because we're so stupid. ... And I thought they were smart. I said, 'You're wrong, Justin.'

"He said, 'Nope, we have no trade deficit.' I said, 'Well, in that case, I feel differently,' I said, 'but I don't believe it.'

"I sent one of our guys out, his guy, my guy, they went out, I said, 'Check, because I can't believe it.'"

According to the US Trade Representative, the United States runs a trade surplus with Canada.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:34 pm 

Better picture of the couple. As someone pointed out, it looks like he farted and she is taking the blame.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:37 pm 

ID2 wrote:
Quote:
Donald Trump boasted he made things up in a conversation with Canada's prime minister, insisting the US ran a trade deficit with its neighbour despite having "no idea" if the claim were true, the Washington Post reported.

The US President recalled the exchange with Justin Trudeau in a fundraising speech in Missouri, of which the paper said it had obtained an audio recording.

"Trudeau came to see me. He's a good guy, Justin. He said, 'No, no, we have no trade deficit with you, we have none. Donald, please,'" Mr Trump said, imitating Mr Trudeau, the paper reported.

"Nice guy, good-looking guy, comes in - 'Donald, we have no trade deficit.' He's very proud because everybody else, you know, we're getting killed.

"So, he's proud. I said, 'Wrong, Justin, you do.' I didn't even know. ... I had no idea. I just said, 'You're wrong.'"

Mr Trump added: "You know why? Because we're so stupid. ... And I thought they were smart. I said, 'You're wrong, Justin.'

"He said, 'Nope, we have no trade deficit.' I said, 'Well, in that case, I feel differently,' I said, 'but I don't believe it.'

"I sent one of our guys out, his guy, my guy, they went out, I said, 'Check, because I can't believe it.'"

According to the US Trade Representative, the United States runs a trade surplus with Canada.

That makes him sound like a ridiculous bluffer who speaks with no regard for facts or truth and has neither the intellectual curiosity nor the inclination to understand what he is talking about and prepare himself properly.

I wonder how those talks with North Korea will go?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:16 pm 

Ted. wrote:
Flockwitt wrote:
puku wrote:

It's all very well treating this as an academic exercise and I agree that it should be studied and learned and lessons taken from it, but in reality, it ain't an academic exposition, at least not yet.

From a practical pov (as PR posters) you and me cannot help but view it as an academic exposition, period. Sod all you (or I ) can do to change things, there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112545 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1789, 1790, 1791, 1792, 1793, 1794, 1795 ... 2814  Next