Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:47 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023 ... 2710  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:29 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:40 pm 

Seneca of the Night wrote:
shanky wrote:
Whereas our crew is more like Red Dawn, with Homg Kong as a wild-eyed C Thomas Howell

I’m undecided as to whether I’m Swayze or Sheen

BECAUSE WE LIVE HERE

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:45 pm 

Algo traders

Blech. x(

I hate those fvckers

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:03 pm 

You guys are the internet equivalent on moonwalking.

You keep walking slowly backwards until you are far away from your pavement shit, then you deny all making it.

You’re in fucking cctv, we saw you making the shit. Bits of it are still under your shoes.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:37 pm 

houtkabouter wrote:
You guys are the internet equivalent on moonwalking.

You keep walking slowly backwards until you are far away from your pavement shit, then you deny all making it.

You’re in fucking cctv, we saw you making the shit. Bits of it are still under your shoes.

You type complete gibberish.

And you speak complete bullshit :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:00 pm 

Sonny Blount wrote:
https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1051892151938887680

Every Time Elizabeth Warren Has Lied About Her Native American Heritage:

(Thread)

1. Elizabeth Warren self-identified as a "Native American" in the The Association of American Law Schools Directory of law professors in every edition printed between 1986 -1995.

2. After becoming a professor at the University of Pennsylvania, Warren demanded the University change her faculty listed ethnicity from “white” to “Native American.”

3. Warren was identified by Harvard Law as a “woman of color.” Harvard promoted Warren’s hire as expanding their campus diversity by hiring a woman with "minority background" onto their faculty.

4. Warren claimed that her mother and father had to elope due to her mom’s obvious Indian heritage and the white bigotry of her father’s family. Here is a photo of Warren's mom:

Here is video of Warren telling this story: "My mom and dad were very much in love and they wanted to get married. My father's parents said 'Absolutely not because she's part Cherokee and Delaware.' After fighting it they eloped."

5. Warren submitted multiple recipes for the Indian cookbook “Pow Wow Chow” and signed her name, “Elizabeth Warren - Cherokee”

6. Warren used offensive, racially charged language to defend her claims of Native American heritage, declaring that her family had “high cheekbones” like “all the Indians do.”

7. Warren has now claimed that she *may* have 1/1024th Indian DNA. This is equally problematic since DNA science proves that the average white American has .18% Indian DNA, far more that Warren's .098% (lowest estimate according to study)

8. Multiple members of Warren's direct family have disputed her claims of a "proud Native American heritage." They deny the Senator's Indian heritage stories fervently:

9. Warren's DNA report did not measure actual Native American DNA. The report actually measured Colombian, Mexican and Peruvian DNA. Of which Warren *may* have a tiny, tiny fraction - possibly.

10. It is very difficult to argue that Warren did not commit racial fraud. She used the advantages in the system to advance her career with no evidence (to this day) that she is actually Native American. Democrats defending her behavior on this point is dubious - at best.

Just tomorrow I am declaring myself of the Royal House of Zulu and will claim a sugar plantation as well as a racing stud as heritage, down in KwaZulu.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:03 pm 

And now at last we hear from the people themselves.

Quote:
The Cherokee Nation on Monday afternoon called out Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) for attempting to claim Native American heritage by releasing the results of a DNA test.

Not unusual for indigenes. Maori kinship, or whakapapa, involves a range of relationship types, from descent to affinity to ecological to ecosystemic. Warren might have known that sort if thing if she'd spent, oh, 1 minute with 'her people'.

Quote:
Unlike other tribes, the Cherokee Nation does not require a minimum blood quantum for citizenship.

Interesting. I know there are various tribal approaches to this. Most aren't so generous.

Quote:
“No native tribe acknowledges DNA testing as a source for citizenship or even claim to native heritage,” said Rebecca Nagle, an indigenous writer, organizer and citizen of the Cherokee Nation.

“She comes from a well-documented line of white people and so there is ample evidence that all of her ancestors are documented white people on the census rolls, by their marriage and birth and death certificates since going back before the Trail of Tears,” she added, referring to the forced migration of Native Americans to west of the Mississippi in the 1830s.

Nagle said many people who are non-Native have family stories about American Indian heritage “and the overwhelming of those stories are false and not based in identity but rather are based in a white entitlement to appropriate native land, native culture and native identity.”

Oooof that's a bit of a slapdown.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/411 ... iate-wrong

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:13 pm 

Santa wrote:

Quote:
The Cherokee Nation on Monday afternoon called out Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) for attempting to claim Native American heritage by releasing the results of a DNA test.

Not unusual for indigenes. Maori kinship, or whakapapa, involves a range of relationship types, from descent to affinity to ecological to ecosystemic. Warren might have known that sort if thing if she'd spent, oh, 1 minute with 'her people'.

Quote:
Unlike other tribes, the Cherokee Nation does not require a minimum blood quantum for citizenship.

Interesting. I know there are various tribal approaches to this. Most aren't so generous.

Quote:
“No native tribe acknowledges DNA testing as a source for citizenship or even claim to native heritage,” said Rebecca Nagle, an indigenous writer, organizer and citizen of the Cherokee Nation.

“She comes from a well-documented line of white people and so there is ample evidence that all of her ancestors are documented white people on the census rolls, by their marriage and birth and death certificates since going back before the Trail of Tears,” she added, referring to the forced migration of Native Americans to west of the Mississippi in the 1830s.

Nagle said many people who are non-Native have family stories about American Indian heritage “and the overwhelming of those stories are false and not based in identity but rather are based in a white entitlement to appropriate native land, native culture and native identity.”

Ed frakkin zachary. Sounds like Warren's family had a cute little story about how they had native American blood and she didn't know when to STFU about it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:12 am 

Santa wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Gosh, did she try to claim Cherokee citizenship?
Trump must be feeling rather foolish having challenged her to get a DNA test (one your can throw) when not even the Cherokee nation demand such a test. Wonder why he didn't thoroughly research such a thing beforehand?

Given that the Boston Globe investigation interviewed 32 people about her job applications etc... I thought you'd have been ecstatic at such thoroughness after you were so convinced by 2 people being interviewed for the Kavanaugh hearing and pissing and moaning that more than this need be interviewed to confirm such a thing. Having DNA evidence as well? IT'd be staggeringly inconsistent of you to ignore all this for political convenience after you were so convinced so early on in the Kavanaugh confirmation.

Oh well, as long as it enables some charity to be deprived of a million Trump dollars, I guess it's worth it for you.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:17 am 

So just to get this clear, it’s no longer ‘but Hilary! Emails! Servers! Lock her up!’?

The new orange shitgibbon mantra is ‘Warren! Cheating Cherokee! Arrows!’ ? Correct?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:08 am 

Breaking news:

The Defamation Case from Stormy Daniels against the Donald has been dismissed, because the tweet in question constitutes 'rhetorical hyperbole' normally associated with politics and public discourse in the United States.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/10/15/poli ... index.html

Still several other legal issues between the two ex-lovers of course, and they may well appeal this one too.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:25 am 

Hong Kong wrote:
So just to get this clear, it’s no longer ‘but Hilary! Emails! Servers! Lock her up!’?

The new orange shitgibbon mantra is ‘Warren! Cheating Cherokee! Arrows!’ ? Correct?

Hong Kong is theaxe and I claim my £5

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:32 am 

Hong Kong wrote:

Correct.
Watch now how he gradually grinds her into dust.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:39 am 

Santa wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yet the DNA does not lie. Have you read Bustamante's report? I'm not sure where the Mexican/Peruian/Colombian angle was coming from because it is not in the report. The report concludes that Warren has segments of DNA consistent with an ancestor from the lower 48 states based on a careful analysis. Whether that is specifically cherokee was not tested because the reference DNA is not available, as are most other tribal groups from the USA. The Mexican/Peruian/Colombian samples were used as a proxy of samples from native North Americans outside of Canada.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:56 am 

I'm sure the dna doesn't lie. That's not the point.

The point is that to many people possession of dna does not itself define membership within an ethnic group. Dna is what white folks focus on. Other folks may have different criteria. In anthropological terms it's called 'relatedness'. It's pretty much exactly what the Cherokee folks are saying. All you have to do is read their statements.

Anyway as with most people I'm at the limits of my feigned interest in Warren's dna.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:14 am 

So when she claimed Cherokee heritage the DNA supported her statement. Glad we’re all agreed on that. Now how about the orange shitgibbon fronting up on the million bucks...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:45 am 

Hong Kong wrote:
So when she claimed Cherokee heritage the DNA supported her statement. Glad we’re all agreed on that. Now how about the orange shitgibbon fronting up on the million bucks...

Here's a lil extra for you

"To make up for the dearth of Native American DNA, Bustamante used samples from Mexico, Peru, and Colombia to stand in for Native American."

She her DNA test is even more of a laughing stock and the Cherokee themselves have denounced it

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:30 am 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-han ... -158505001

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:04 am 

Taranaki Snapper wrote:

Well, he's sat near Richard Milhouse, so that's fairly accurate I guess.

he appears to have lost a LOT of weight, but then he is the healthiest person ever to become president.

Seriously, who hangs a picture like this in a public space? If you're on an ego trip, it goes in your personal trophy room maybe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:20 am 

FWIW I just read a blog comment from one of the worlds leading geneticists who has said that the dude who did the test is much more accurate than the usual kit, and the ancestor is probably six generations back, well within the realms of family lore, and on a balance of probabilities Warren has been telling the truth as she knew it and that the story got away on her in today's crazy race environment and that the matter should be dropped.

But what I want to know is this: does this mean race exists?

You should be genuinely applauded for this

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:22 am 

I really hope Warren doesn’t run.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:27 am 

FWIW I just read a blog comment from one of the worlds leading geneticists who has said that the dude who did the test is much more accurate than the usual kit, and the ancestor is probably six generations back, well within the realms of family lore, and on a balance of probabilities Warren has been telling the truth as she knew it and that the story got away on her in today's crazy race environment and that the matter should be dropped.

Of course, that would be entirely fair if Warren's response had been: " Yikes, I tht I was a bit more Cherokee than it turns out I am but I was only telling the truth as I knew it".

Less so if she wants to double down with the whole: "Lo, there do I see my father. Lo, there do I see my mother,and my sisters, and my brothers. Lo, there do I see the line of my people, back to that item somewhere between the 6th or 12 generation! Lo, they do call to me.They bid me take my place among them, in the halls of Harvard! Where the indigenous may live forever!” thang.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:34 am 

zzzz wrote:

Of course, that would be entirely fair if Warren's response had been: " Yikes, I tht I was a bit more Cherokee than it turns out I am but I was only telling the truth as I knew it".

Less so if she wants to double down with the whole: "Lo, there do I see my father. Lo, there do I see my mother,and my sisters, and my brothers. Lo, there do I see the line of my people, back to that item somehwere between the 6th or 12 generation! Lo, they do call to me.They bid me take my place among them, in the halls of Harvard! Where the indigenous may live forever!” thang.

Debunked

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:42 am 

DragonKhan wrote:
Hong Kong wrote:

"To make up for the dearth of Native American DNA, Bustamante used samples from Mexico, Peru, and Colombia to stand in for Native American."

She her DNA test is even more of a laughing stock and the Cherokee themselves have denounced it

So it turns out it's not quite as simple as a simple DNA test to define what tribe someone has links to. In fact, the Cherokee have no single trait that marks them out as exclusively Cherokee. The common admixes that can possibly link someone to the Cherokee, according to one of the more authoritative sources (S Kanthaswamy)
but also have common traits with:
North American Native Americans (n = 533)
U.S. Creek/Muskogean Indians (n=6)
U.S. Apache and Mojave Indians (n=88)
U.S. Cherokee Enrolled (n=34)
U.S. Chippewa Indians (n=22)
Mississippi – Choctaw Indians (n=7)
Mexico – Baja California – Cochimi Indians (n=26)
Mexico – Nayarit and Jalisco – Cora (n=64)
Mexico and U.S. – Cucupa/Cocobah Indians (n=11)
Canada – Northwest Territories – Dogrib (n=6)
Canada – Yukon Territory – Eskimo (n=11)
Mexico – Nayarit and Jalisco – Huichol (n=30)
Mexico -Baja California – Kilwa Indians (n=13)
U.S. and Mexico – Kumeyaay/Diegueno Indians (n=15)
California – Miwok Indians (n=33)
Canada – British Columbia – Nootka Indians (n=9)
Mexico – Sonora – Seri Indians (n=29)
South Dakota – Sioux (n=5)
Mexico (Northern) – Tarahumara or Raramuri Indians (n=5)
Arizona – Hualapai and Yavapai Indians (n=52)
Mexico (Central) – Nahua – Atocpan or Otomi and Cuetzalan Indians (n=11)
U.S. and Mexico – Kumeyaay/Diegueno and PaiPai Indians (n=27)

which shows that the certain type of websites (Zerohedge etc...) decrying the use of samples from Mexico etc... are a bit more alarmist and a bit less informed than they really are.

The source for all this is:
S. Kanthaswamy et al, “Native American Population Data Based on the Globalfiler Autosomal STR loci,” Forensic Science International: Genetics 24:e12-e13.

There's also a good rundown on why the Cherokee don't accept DNA as proving Cherokee-ness due to the sheer range of DNA among such a large and widespread tribe with very strict rules on inbreeding here:
https://www.accessgenealogy.com/native/cherokee-dna.htm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:46 am 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:00 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:
Sonny Blount wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
What's your point?

Apart from Warren not using any claim of Native American heritage as a means to getting employed or whatever else Sonny was concerned about?

God knows.

Maybe Trump should start demanding to see the last 10 generations worth of long form birth certificates just to be sure? Hey, it might save him a million dollars.

She knowingly lied on her applications.

Her success or not with those lies does not absolve the act.

Not according to the Boston Globe investigation.

Err, no.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:28 pm 

Seems about right.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/10/ ... ll-for-it/

More importantly, Warren is clearly stupid. In a way only the Harvard educated can be.

If she is going to breath new life into a claim that is impossible for her reasonably to defend, she has to have some end goal in mind other than just mindlessly doubling down.

She could have used the DNA test to pivot to a "was my honest belief - there's clearly something there - family traditions etc - never meant to offend first nations" narrative. Line up a few sympathetic Cherokee spokespeople and jobs a good 'un. A first (necessary) step to a Prez campaign safely executed.

Unbelievably, she was too stupid (or arrogant) to even run the new campaign past the Cherokee Nation first. So now she has not only to expalin why us Jo Schmos are idiots for not understanding how a 6th generation (at best) ancestor makes you Cherokee, but also having to explain to the Cherokee Nation why they dont understand what makes a Cherokee.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:34 pm 

https://politics.theonion.com/elizabeth ... 1829766407

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:41 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:
DragonKhan wrote:
Hong Kong wrote:

So it turns out it's not quite as simple as a simple DNA test to define what tribe someone has links to. In fact, the Cherokee have no single trait that marks them out as exclusively Cherokee. The common admixes that can possibly link someone to the Cherokee, according to one of the more authoritative sources (S Kanthaswamy)
but also have common traits with:
North American Native Americans (n = 533)
U.S. Creek/Muskogean Indians (n=6)
U.S. Apache and Mojave Indians (n=88)
U.S. Cherokee Enrolled (n=34)
U.S. Chippewa Indians (n=22)
Mississippi – Choctaw Indians (n=7)
Mexico – Baja California – Cochimi Indians (n=26)
Mexico – Nayarit and Jalisco – Cora (n=64)
Mexico and U.S. – Cucupa/Cocobah Indians (n=11)
Canada – Northwest Territories – Dogrib (n=6)
Canada – Yukon Territory – Eskimo (n=11)
Mexico – Nayarit and Jalisco – Huichol (n=30)
Mexico -Baja California – Kilwa Indians (n=13)
U.S. and Mexico – Kumeyaay/Diegueno Indians (n=15)
California – Miwok Indians (n=33)
Canada – British Columbia – Nootka Indians (n=9)
Mexico – Sonora – Seri Indians (n=29)
South Dakota – Sioux (n=5)
Mexico (Northern) – Tarahumara or Raramuri Indians (n=5)
Arizona – Hualapai and Yavapai Indians (n=52)
Mexico (Central) – Nahua – Atocpan or Otomi and Cuetzalan Indians (n=11)
U.S. and Mexico – Kumeyaay/Diegueno and PaiPai Indians (n=27)

which shows that the certain type of websites (Zerohedge etc...) decrying the use of samples from Mexico etc... are a bit more alarmist and a bit less informed than they really are.

The source for all this is:
S. Kanthaswamy et al, “Native American Population Data Based on the Globalfiler Autosomal STR loci,” Forensic Science International: Genetics 24:e12-e13.

There's also a good rundown on why the Cherokee don't accept DNA as proving Cherokee-ness due to the sheer range of DNA among such a large and widespread tribe with very strict rules on inbreeding here:
https://www.accessgenealogy.com/native/cherokee-dna.htm

How many mental leaps do you need to post that against 0.09% in total for Warrens defence!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:12 pm 

bimboman wrote:

How many mental leaps do you need to post that against 0.09% in total for Warrens defence!

Try having a look at the links and actually reading them. Try working out the range of percentages, rather than just jump immediately to the lowest possible number, and once you have, ask yourself the only relevant question.

Is 0.09% larger than 0%?

If yes, then Trump owes her a million dollars. To quibble over the amount (and if you read the links above you'd realize how fallacious it is to rely on your 0.09%) is merely shifting the goalposts.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:24 pm 

Quote:
Is 0.09% larger than 0%?

If yes, then Trump owes her a million dollars.

You keep saying this like its true. Why?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:26 pm 

:lol:

Turbogoat has the right moniker. He jumps hither, thither, everywhere, all over the place. ...

Why did I expect these verbal gymnastics from him ?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:28 pm 

zzzz wrote:
Quote:
Is 0.09% larger than 0%?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ictmTiF543A

His July 5 speech, about 3:15 in.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:38 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:
zzzz wrote:
Quote:
Is 0.09% larger than 0%?

So you think 0.09% makes you an Indian? I think we used to have a word for those "just one drop" types.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:43 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:45 pm 

zzzz wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
zzzz wrote:
Quote:
Is 0.09% larger than 0%?

So you think 0.09% makes you an Indian? I think we used to have a word for those "just one drop" types.

Goalpost shifting, careful now. And remember, that's the absolute minimum level you're quoting, ignoring the rest of the range for some mysterious reason?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:55 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:
zzzz wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
zzzz wrote:
Quote:
Is 0.09% larger than 0%?

Goalpost shifting, careful now. And remember, that's the absolute minimum level you're quoting, ignoring the rest of the range for some mysterious reason?

You want the top of the range? Go for your life. So she may (in the best case) be 1.5% Native American.

Do you really think one ancestor 6 generations (at best) back determines your ethnicity?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:59 pm 

zzzz wrote:
Quote:
Is 0.09% larger than 0%?

Because he is NEVER EVER WRONG ABOUT ANYTHING, EVER.

But you admitted earlier that he was right about this

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:00 pm 

Oh lookee. The report

https://mk0elizabethwarh5ore.kinstacdn. ... t_2018.pdf

Quote:
The total and average segment size suggest (via the method of moments) an unadmixed
Native American ancestor in the pedigree at approximately 8 generations before the sample, although
the actual number could be somewhat lower or higher (Gravel, 2012 and Huff et al., 2011).

So most likely 0.4%.

More

than

Last edited by zzzz on Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:01 pm 

zzzz wrote:

You want the top of the range? Go for your life. So she may (in the best case) be 1.5% Native American.

Do you really think one ancestor 6 generations (at best) back determines your ethnicity?

No, I think acknowledging that there is a range is a lot more honest than repeatedly trying to just use the one extreme to try and bolster your argument.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023 ... 2710  Next