Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:41 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2129, 2130, 2131, 2132, 2133, 2134, 2135 ... 2679  Next
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:30 pm 

Me too. I never thought they were from Egypt, though.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:49 pm 

I could have watched them walk for hours. Authenticity was never an issue tbf

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:51 pm 

They did walk like Egyptians though.

I predict he’s going to play walk like an Egyptian at one of his events at which point the bangles will cute permission and refuse to let him play any of their music.

He could play kid rock though kid would love that.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:58 pm 

Little Donnies been let loose on twitter again

Quote:
If anybody but your favorite President, Donald J. Trump, announced that, after decimating ISIS in Syria, we were going to bring our troops back home (happy & healthy), that person would be the most popular hero in America. With me, hit hard instead by the Fake News Media. Crazy!

Quote:
When President Obama ingloriously fired Jim Mattis, I gave him a second chance. Some thought I shouldn’t, I thought I should. Interesting relationship-but I also gave all of the resources that he never really had. Allies are very important-but not when they take advantage of U.S.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:13 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:14 pm 

Saint wrote:

Quote:
If anybody but your favorite President, Donald J. Trump, announced that, after decimating ISIS in Syria, we were going to bring our troops back home (happy & healthy), that person would be the most popular hero in America. With me, hit hard instead by the Fake News Media. Crazy!

Quote:
When President Obama ingloriously fired Jim Mattis, I gave him a second chance. Some thought I shouldn’t, I thought I should. Interesting relationship-but I also gave all of the resources that he never really had. Allies are very important-but not when they take advantage of U.S.

Christ, in between futilely trying to rewrite history, his claims of victimhood and his criminally inept view of foreign policy he manages to outdo his previous attempts at lowing the bar of stupidity every damn time.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:15 pm 

Uthikoloshe wrote:

:lol:

that's a huge step up from previous pics... the stretch on the bottom photo is a bit painful though.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:31 pm 

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/turkey ... ons-135332

İYİ (Good) Party spokesperson Aytun Çıray has said Turkey should retaliate against the U.S. sanctions and “seize the assets of the U.S. president and secretaries.”
“The Justice and Development Party [AKP] government should seize Trump Towers,” he said in a statement on Aug. 2, referring to the Turkish franchise of Trump Towers located in a commercial district of Istanbul.

This was a few months ago, and largest dismissed as empty rhetoric at the time, but now you begin to wonder just how easy it is for foreign governments to have leverage over Trump - and therefore leverage over America.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:57 pm 

ManInTheBar wrote:
Liking the Bangles may be the first thing I have in common with him

It’s the sort of line put into a comedy film, a clueless character played by Fred Willard, but he’s the leader of ‘the free world’. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:57 pm 

Quote:
the president of Egypt called in to the switchboard at Trump Tower and somehow got the operator to put him straight through to Trump. “Trump was like ... I love the Bangles! You know that song Walk Like an Egyptian?”

:lol: :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:06 pm 

Nieghorn wrote:
ManInTheBar wrote:
Liking the Bangles may be the first thing I have in common with him

It’s the sort of line put into a comedy film, a clueless character played by Fred Willard, but he’s the leader of ‘the free world’. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:47 pm 

Yer Man wrote:
http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/turkeys-iyi-party-suggests-govt-to-seize-trump-towers-in-istanbul-as-retaliation-for-us-sanctions-135332

İYİ (Good) Party spokesperson Aytun Çıray has said Turkey should retaliate against the U.S. sanctions and “seize the assets of the U.S. president and secretaries.”
“The Justice and Development Party [AKP] government should seize Trump Towers,” he said in a statement on Aug. 2, referring to the Turkish franchise of Trump Towers located in a commercial district of Istanbul.

This was a few months ago, and largest dismissed as empty rhetoric at the time, but now you begin to wonder just how easy it is for foreign governments to have leverage over Trump - and therefore leverage over America.

Does Trump actually own the real estate in question or is he just being paid for the use of his brand?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:49 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:
Saint wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Christ, in between futilely trying to rewrite history, his claims of victimhood and his criminally inept view of foreign policy he manages to outdo his previous attempts at lowing the bar of stupidity every damn time.

So has he defeated Isis, partially defeated them and left them for the Turks to sort out wherein Turkey might accidentally kill a lot of Kurds, or decimated Isis?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:50 pm 

piquant wrote:
Yer Man wrote:
http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/turkeys-iyi-party-suggests-govt-to-seize-trump-towers-in-istanbul-as-retaliation-for-us-sanctions-135332

Does Trump actually own the real estate in question or is he just being paid for the use of his brand?

If only we could see his tax returns to know for sure.

Jeezus, if it turns out that Turkey has been bending Trump over a barrel as well as (possibly) Putin and the Saudis, it's no wonder he was caught in such an impossible position over Syria.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:08 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:
piquant wrote:
Yer Man wrote:

Jeezus, if it turns out that Turkey has been bending Trump over a barrel as well as (possibly) Putin and the Saudis, it's no wonder he was caught in such an impossible position over Syria.

Maybe the Turks promised to buy a lot of Made in the USA military hardware?

Gosh, :lol: I wrote that without actually checking and guess what 3.5 Billion in missiles. So there you go.

Eh, or wait a minute, Turkey's come out and said they were trying to actively bypass US sanctions against Iran. WTF? Maybe that was also part of the sweetner. Who the hell knows what the great deal maker has done.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:39 pm 

piquant wrote:
Yer Man wrote:

Given the complexity of the Trump organisation, and Donald's level of intelligence, I think that it's safe to say that he doesn't know

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:23 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:
piquant wrote:
Yer Man wrote:

Apparently Edogan promised Trump he'd deal to ISIS not long before Trump announced their defeat and the US troop withdrawal. He's either once again reacted to he last person he spoke to, or he's rushed to announce the defeat of ISIS before Erdogan could.

In other news, Trump in a pique has fired Mattis, who will now be gone by 7 January.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:37 pm 

Ted. wrote:
Apparently Edogan promised Trump he'd deal to ISIS not long before Trump announced their defeat and the US troop withdrawal. He's either once again reacted to he last person he spoke to, or he's rushed to announce the defeat of ISIS before Erdogan could.

In other news, Trump in a pique has fired Mattis, who will now be gone by 7 January.

Just seeing this now - Jesus H Corbett, Mattis staying on for another 2 months was the only thing that was going to make this a vaguely smooth transition. Trump getting rid of him because he's upset at the coverage his resignation letter is getting is the absolute height of pettiness. He's cutting his own dick off to spite his wife.
It's going to leave the place in complete disarray, especially with the govt in shutdown, the 'Space Force' being developed, troops being pulled out of Syria and Afghanistan... this is going to get ugly.
It's also going to further piss off so many service personnel, they're not going to be happy at seeing this 'firing', or the petty tweets coming from the President.

#Mattis2020

(And the thought of Turkish forces trying to take on ISIS is beyond comedy and right into tragedy)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:42 pm 

How on earth does it appear suitable for an ex-Boeing executive to be Defence Secretary, watch is he funding for Trump’s fantasy of a space force.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:47 pm 

Sefton wrote:
How on earth does it appear suitable for an ex-Boeing executive to be Defence Secretary, watch is he funding for Trump’s fantasy of a space force.

I'm sure work at a major defence contractor is great experience for the acting SecDef, it won't be a conflict of interest at all. (He has a pretty good rep apparently, but he's not done anything on Foreign Policy/Strategy so far)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:45 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:
Ted. wrote:

Just seeing this now - Jesus H Corbett, Mattis staying on for another 2 months was the only thing that was going to make this a vaguely smooth transition. Trump getting rid of him because he's upset at the coverage his resignation letter is getting is the absolute height of pettiness. He's cutting his own dick off to spite his wife.
It's going to leave the place in complete disarray, especially with the govt in shutdown, the 'Space Force' being developed, troops being pulled out of Syria and Afghanistan... this is going to get ugly.
It's also going to further piss off so many service personnel, they're not going to be happy at seeing this 'firing', or the petty tweets coming from the President.

#Mattis2020

(And the thought of Turkish forces trying to take on ISIS is beyond comedy and right into tragedy)

That last line, because they are incompetent?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:51 pm 

slick wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
Ted. wrote:

#Mattis2020

At the battle for Kobane the Turks just sat on their arses in their tanks, and watched as the Kurds took on ISIS. After the battle they lobbed a few shells at the Kurdish militias. They are fine using aircraft to bomb Kurdish villagers, but have no stomach for a real face to face fight.

Although they did shoot down a Russian jet.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:51 pm 

slick wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
Ted. wrote:

#Mattis2020

At the battle for Kobane the Turks just sat on their arses in their tanks, and watched as the Kurds took on ISIS. After the battle they lobbed a few shells at the Kurdish militias. They are fine using aircraft to bomb Kurdish villagers, but have no stomach for a real face to face fight.

Although they did shoot down a Russian jet.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:34 am 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:43 am 

Kiwias wrote:

:lol: :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:53 am 

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:58 am 

Quote:
Defense Secretary James Schlesinger recalled years later that in the final days of the Nixon presidency he had issued an unprecedented set of orders: If the president gave any nuclear launch order, military commanders should check with either him or Secretary of State Henry Kissinger before executing them.

Quote:
Our system is predicated on military commanders obeying a presidential launch order without question, and just last week, the commander of the Pacific Fleet confirmed that he’d fire off nuclear weapons if Trump told him to do so. “The answer would be yes,” Admiral Scott H. Swift told an Australian audience.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/08/11/donald-trump-nuclear-weapons-richard-nixon-215478

:uhoh:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:58 am 

Flockwitt wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
piquant wrote:
Yer Man wrote:

Maybe the Turks promised to buy a lot of Made in the USA military hardware?

Gosh, :lol: I wrote that without actually checking and guess what 3.5 Billion in missiles. So there you go.

Eh, or wait a minute, Turkey's come out and said they were trying to actively bypass US sanctions against Iran. WTF? Maybe that was also part of the sweetner. Who the hell knows what the great deal maker has done.

Erdoğan 20 handed stag do at Mar-a-Lago

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:29 am 

Quote:
Trump, the Quintessential American

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/trump ... -american/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:20 am 

Turbogoat wrote:
Sefton wrote:

I'm sure work at a major defence contractor is great experience for the acting SecDef, it won't be a conflict of interest at all. (He has a pretty good rep apparently, but he's not done anything on Foreign Policy/Strategy so far)

I'm sure that in the same way as filling key environmental and energy positions with fossil fuel shills, this will be an appointment for all the right reasons.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:45 am 

The Man Without Fear wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
Sefton wrote:

I'm sure that in the same way as filling key environmental and energy positions with fossil fuel shills, this will be an appointment for all the right reasons.

So we can expect a resignation in disgrace in the near future then?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:13 pm 

So where is the current administration currently sitting?

Govt shut down for the 3rd time in a year.
Temporary spending bill approved 100-0 in the Senate shot down by POTUS because...reasons.
Acting Secretary of Defense coming in
Acting Chief of Staff coming in
Acting Attorney General just arrived
Acting EPA Administrator just arrived
No Secretary of the Interior
No UN Ambassador

For a guy who sold himself as the ultimate CEO/manager/deal maker and has repeatedly tweeted about his administration running like a well oiled machine this is all very'interesting'.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:45 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:

Temporary spending bill approved 100-0 in the Senate shot down by POTUS because...reasons.
No UN Ambassador

For a guy who sold himself as the ultimate CEO/manager/deal maker and has repeatedly tweeted about his administration running like a well oiled machine this is all very'interesting'.

OTOH, for those of us who enjoy a giggle at others' expense, he has been Christmas come early since loooong before Christmas 2018!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:51 pm 

MungoMan wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:

No UN Ambassador

OTOH, for those of us who enjoy a giggle at others' expense, he has been Christmas come early since loooong before Christmas 2018!

Correct.

If your village idiot is a simple soul who wouldn't hurt a fly, you'd probably refrain from laughing your head off if he batted himself in the chops.

If he's a vindictive twat, then there isn't the same imperative to be restrained.

Last edited by Rinkals on Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:48 pm 

slick wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
Ted. wrote:

#Mattis2020

Turkey has been selling oil on behalf of ISIS.
Erogdan's (whatever the spelling) own son involved.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:40 pm 

Erdogan's target is the Kurds, not ISIS.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:53 pm 

Yer Man wrote:
slick wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
Ted. wrote:

#Mattis2020

Turkey has been selling oil on behalf of ISIS.
Erogdan's (whatever the spelling) own son involved.

That is a massive shock :|

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:16 pm 

For a little bit of Yuletide cheer:

https://www.theonion.com/when-youre-fee ... 1819584806

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:26 pm 

Merry Christmas Individual One!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:01 pm 

Quote:
The only problem our economy has is the Fed. They don’t have a feel for the Market, they don’t understand necessary Trade Wars or Strong Dollars or even Democrat Shutdowns over Borders. The Fed is like a powerful golfer who can’t score because he has no touch - he can’t putt!

Guess who? :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2129, 2130, 2131, 2132, 2133, 2134, 2135 ... 2679  Next