POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

All things Rugby
Wilson's Toffee

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-Already making America Great Again!

Post by Wilson's Toffee »

The absolute breathtaking arrogance of the world's libtards on here. Pretending to be discerning, wise, influential men of the world. As if the POTUS (or anybody else, for that matter) gives a single iota for what they think. Or do. Or opine.

Bunch of dumb internet addicts. Blowing themselves in their self importance. Tragic, actually ...
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

BokJock wrote:
Average Joe wrote: Climate change affects the lives of everyone in the planet The climate has been changing long before Trump and will keep on changing long after him
But surely if someone is actually actively doing things to make it worse then you should have a problem with it?
It is impossible to ascertain if he is making it worse for maybe 10 years. I think give him a chance and if I end up with egg on my face so be it
Turbogoat

Post by Turbogoat »

BokJock wrote:
Average Joe wrote: Climate change affects the lives of everyone in the planet The climate has been changing long before Trump and will keep on changing long after him
But surely if someone is actually actively doing things to make it worse then you should have a problem with it?
Trump may have come along too late to be one of the real influencers on climate change, but the EPA policies etc... will be held up as examples of how he exacerbated the issue when history looks back on this.
But that's just one aspect of the appalling mismanagement of the Trump administration, there's so much more about him that's worthy of criticism/ mirth on this thread.
houtkabouter

Post by houtkabouter »

Average Joe wrote:
houtkabouter wrote:
Average Joe wrote:
Rinkals wrote: I'm pro fokol. Ain't non of my business and wont make no difference to my way of life but watching you lot and the Sen/WT gang going on like a proud boys VS antifa shit fight is mildly amusing though.
You don’t think decisions the American president makes impacts your life? You certainly seem to want it to

Trade wars have increased the price of American goods I don't buy American goods
Climate change affects the lives of everyone in the planet The climate has been changing long before Trump and will keep on changing long after him
The strength of the dollar both strategically and economically affect you it's the motion of the ocean, we go with the flow
Leaving Africa to China and Russia In 2010, South Africa began efforts to join the BRIC grouping, and the process for its formal admission began in August of that year. South Africa officially became a member nation on 24 December 2010
Weakening NATO Done nothing for me
Weakening the U.N. Same as above

I could go on for pages. America has a massive impact on your life, whether you believe it, like it or not.

I can totally understand not being interested in getting involved in this fuckfest of a thread but you should probably keep in mind that you are affected.
wont make no difference to my way of life
I will still be living the same live I have for the past 37 years. The sun will still rise tomorrow it might be a bit warmer. We learn to adapt. The sky will not fall on our heads.
That’s bullshit AJ.

Like I said you don’t need to participate in this thread, but you’re deluded if you think you’re not affected. What you choose to do with that information is up to you, if you have kids you should be very concerned about their future as this suppurating pussbag legitimises thievery from the state, the dissemination of bullshit and lies and basically elevates the art of the con to presidential status.

He’s an orange Zuma, only with global power.
houtkabouter

Post by houtkabouter »

Wilson's Toffee wrote:The absolute breathtaking arrogance of the world's libtards on here. Pretending to be discerning, wise, influential men of the world. As if the POTUS (or anybody else, for that matter) gives a single iota for what they think. Or do. Or opine.

Bunch of dumb internet addicts. Blowing themselves in their self importance. Tragic, actually ...
Your self-awareness is staggering.
BokJock

Post by BokJock »

Wilson's Toffee wrote:The absolute breathtaking arrogance of the world's libtards on here. Pretending to be discerning, wise, influential men of the world. As if the POTUS (or anybody else, for that matter) gives a single iota for what they think. Or do. Or opine.

what a weird thing to say for someone with over 30,000 posts on an internet forum, and also a major "contributor" to this very thread.

I am betting that Rassie doesn't give one little fudge what you think the Springbok matchday lineup should be but I have seen you opine on that - are you Tragic, actually...?
Last edited by BokJock on Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Average Joe

Post by Average Joe »

We live in a world were great civilizations have disappeared in the wink of an eye. Ancient currencies imploded into nothingness. Whole species reduced to plaster models sitting in museums. Deserts where there once stood mighty rain forest. The world is ever changing and evolving but we immaterial creatures fight to keep it the same.

I have a lot more the contend with, living in South Africa than stress about what some dumb poes is doing on the other side of the world by the way. Fuck Trump. He's just another rich idiot that does not know what hard work is. I have time on my side though and will still be here when he's gone but there will always be another fokon "Trump", there always is.

The problem with modern humanity is that we will always look to blame someone or something for our hardship instead of spending our energy on how to survive, like every other life form on this planet.
Turbogoat

Post by Turbogoat »

Average Joe wrote:We live in a world were great civilizations have disappeared in the wink of an eye. Ancient currencies imploded into nothingness. Whole species reduced to plaster models sitting in museums. Deserts where there once stood mighty rain forest. The world is ever changing and evolving but we immaterial creatures fight to keep it the same.

I have a lot more the contend with, living in South Africa than stress about what some dumb poes is doing on the other side of the world by the way. Fuck Trump. He's just another rich idiot that does not know what hard work is. I have time on my side though and will still be here when he's gone but there will always be another fokon "Trump", there always is.

The problem with modern humanity is that we will always look to blame someone or something for our hardship instead of spending our energy on how to survive, like every other life form on this planet.
Years ago, the greenies had a slogan "Think global, act local". Yeah, it's twee, but it addresses (and agrees with) your point quite neatly.
Hell, you'll go mad if you as an individual try to fix all the World's problems, no question. that's no excuse to just ignore this stuff though. It's pretty good to be aware of the big picture stuff, but concentrate your efforts on your own backyard and what you need to do to keep yourself live and hopefully leave a slightly better place for your kids.
MrJonno

Post by MrJonno »

Average Joe wrote:We live in a world were great civilizations have disappeared in the wink of an eye. Ancient currencies imploded into nothingness. Whole species reduced to plaster models sitting in museums. Deserts where there once stood mighty rain forest. The world is ever changing and evolving but we immaterial creatures fight to keep it the same.

That's simply not true, it is widely known that the world changes, species going extinct for example, and using species protection as an example, the aims of wildlife conservation are not to protect the existence of all species, habitats and ecosystems, but to stop them being destroyed due to human activity. I'm guessing that simple statement is too nuanced for you though.
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

Turbogoat wrote:

Years ago, the greenies had a slogan "Think global, act local".
I thought it was 'Think gerbil, act loco'?

But that might have been th' drugs.
Wilson's Toffee

BokJock wrote:

what a weird thing to say for someone with over 30,000 posts on an internet forum, and also a major "contributor" to this very thread.

I am betting that Rassie doesn't give one little fudge what you think the Springbok matchday lineup should be but I have seen you opine on that - are you Tragic, actually...?
Rassie would feel maybe one flea bite's worth, seeing as I was right and he would know it.
Donald would not even feel a thousandth part of that to whatever his critics on here would be saying. I am quite sure he would buy me a milk shake or McDonald's burger, thou ...
Wilson's Toffee

I do not have as much time as you (hopefully) but am enjoying the shake-up of American society (by the Don), to re-examine themselves, get out of their comfort zone and start fighting for true freedom.
Average Joe

Post by Average Joe »

MrJonno wrote:

That's simply not true, it is widely known that the world changes, species going extinct for example, and using species protection as an example, the aims of wildlife conservation are not to protect the existence of all species, habitats and ecosystems, but to stop them being destroyed due to human activity. I'm guessing that simple statement is too nuanced for you though.
And down comes a huge ass meteorite and blows the whole fokon lot into oblivion. Dinosaurs went extinct. Massive fokon lizards gone in a puff of smoke and no one truly knows to this day why. Was it the ice age? Was it a flood? Was it a meteor? Fok knows. Huge motherfokon stars simply cease to exist without most even noticing. What are you and your existence but a speck of dust in this universe?
RuggaBugga

Post by RuggaBugga »

Average Joe wrote:When the sky falls there will be sweet fokol you can do about it.
Cool. Another thick as shit Saffa joins the fray :roll:

Post by 4071 »

BokJock wrote:
It's a good defence.

"Your honour, people died before I came along and they will continue to die long after I have gone. So does it really matter how many I personally killed along the way?"
Average Joe

Post by Average Joe »

RuggaBugga wrote:
Average Joe wrote:When the sky falls there will be sweet fokol you can do about it.
RuggaBugga

Post by RuggaBugga »

Average Joe wrote:
MrJonno wrote:

And down comes a huge ass meteorite and blows the whole fokon lot into oblivion. Dinosaurs went extinct. Massive fokon lizards gone in a puff of smoke and no one truly knows to this day why. Was it the ice age? Was it a flood? Was it a meteor? Fok knows. Huge motherfokon stars simply cease to exist without most even noticing. What are you and your existence but a speck of dust in this universe?
fudge it all, the heat death of the universe is inevitable.

What a mong.
alliswell

Post by alliswell »

Some serious stoned teenager logic going on here. 'We're all going to like die anyway man so what's like the point?'
Wilson's Toffee

alliswell wrote:Some serious stoned teenager logic going on here. 'We're all going to like die anyway man so what's like the point?'

Put those self important wanker posters in perspective.
Saint

Post by Saint »

Looks like Trump is losing the public opinion war on the shutdown. How he responds should be interesting
Uthikoloshe

Post by Uthikoloshe »

houtkabouter wrote:
Uthikoloshe wrote:
houtkabouter wrote: I could go on for pages.
You frequently do.
Sorry In future I’ll use poor pictures so you can comprehend.
Tl;dr
Wilson's Toffee

Saint wrote:Looks like Trump is losing the public opinion war on the shutdown. How he responds should be interesting
Trump has already redefined the tolerances and limits of the USA public. Be interesting to see where this leads.
Uncle Fester

Post by Uncle Fester »

alliswell wrote:Some serious stoned teenager logic going on here. 'We're all going to like die anyway man so what's like the point?'
I stopped reading them after the Antifa reference. Anyone using that term trying to claim they are uninterested observers is having a laugh.
BokJock

Post by BokJock »

Wilson's Toffee wrote:
Saint wrote:Looks like Trump is losing the public opinion war on the shutdown. How he responds should be interesting
Trump has already redefined the tolerances and limits of the USA public. Be interesting to see where this leads.
You go Donald, stick it to those lefty snowflake libtards - the President should be just be a racist, sex offending twitter troll with no idea how to run a country.
Saint

Post by Saint »

Wilson's Toffee wrote:
As far as tolerances go, 47% blame Trump to 33% blaming Dems

Only 25% of the population think the wall is even worth the shutdown, so a decent size chunk of his base don't think this was a fight worth picking.
Kiwias

Post by Kiwias »

By special request for the gentleman named Saint

Trump tweeted
We will be forced to close the Southern Border entirely if the Obstructionist Democrats do not give us the money to finish the Wall & also change the ridiculous immigration laws that our Country is saddled with. Hard to believe there was a Congress & President who would approve!
Kiwias

Post by Kiwias »

Kiwias

Post by Kiwias »

Well, the man has spoken about his response if the Dems and several republicans refuse to fund his stupid wall.
We will be forced to close the Southern Border entirely if the Obstructionist Democrats do not give us the money to finish the Wall & also change the ridiculous immigration laws that our Country is saddled with. Hard to believe there was a Congress & President who would approve!
Turbogoat

Post by Turbogoat »

Kiwias wrote:Well, the man has spoken about his response if the Dems and several republicans refuse to fund his stupid wall.
Traditionally, bills becomes laws by starting out in Congress. Can Trump circumvent this to change the immigration laws without Pelosi having to allow him to do this?
piquant

Post by piquant »

Given it's not Brexit I find I'm somewhat intrigued to see what would happen if he could and did actually close the border
Saint

Post by Saint »

Turbogoat wrote:
Kiwias wrote:Well, the man has spoken about his response if the Dems and several republicans refuse to fund his stupid wall.
Traditionally, bills becomes laws by starting out in Congress. Can Trump circumvent this to change the immigration laws without Pelosi having to allow him to do this?
Are they going to be able to shut the border while the border patrol remains unfunded due to the shutdown?

Edit - I see he also wants to rip up his NAFTA-BY-ANOTHER-NAME, andbtge original NAFTA at the same time
piquant

Post by piquant »

At a guess the President can simply shut the border, perhaps in the process needing to cite national security. The real questions then are how much economic damage could Trump endure before being shoved out of office faster than JFK, and how long could he keep the border closed against legal challenge even if he can endure the economic fallout?

To truly close the border he'd need new legislation and I can't see that getting past either house of congress
Rinkals

Post by Rinkals »

Saint wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
Uthikoloshe wrote:
puku wrote: Wut? No accreditation for that quote?
How about the blue twitter verified user accriditation. At the moment the reply is the 4th one down. You guys make this too easy.

https://twitter.com/mchooyah?ref_src=tw ... r%5Eauthor
Does he have anything to say about Trump tweeting out un-blurred pics of SEAL Team Five?
It's not illegal if the President does it.

Stupid, idiotic, but not illegal.
Supreme Court has said otherwise. Tweeting classified info without a specific separate act of declassification preceding it breaks the law
Is that true?

I remember a conversation a few thousand pages back in which I was persuaded that Trump can unilaterally declare classified information de-classified.

It was after this IIRC. https://www.businessinsider.com/bombshell-report-trump-oval-office-meeting-russians-comey-2017-11?IR=T
Mr Mike

Post by Mr Mike »

Saint wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:

Only 25% of the population think the wall is even worth the shutdown, so a decent size chunk of his base don't think this was a fight worth picking.
I would have thought 25% would be a fairly close approximation of his actual base.
Saint

Post by Saint »

Mr Mike wrote:
Saint wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:

I would have thought 25% would be a fairly close approximation of his actual base.
Seeing how his approval rating won't seem to drop below 35% regardless of what he does I think there's a gap
Saint

Post by Saint »

Rinkals wrote:
Saint wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
Uthikoloshe wrote: How about the blue twitter verified user accriditation. At the moment the reply is the 4th one down. You guys make this too easy.

https://twitter.com/mchooyah?ref_src=tw ... r%5Eauthor
Does he have anything to say about Trump tweeting out un-blurred pics of SEAL Team Five?
It's not illegal if the President does it.

Stupid, idiotic, but not illegal.
Supreme Court has said otherwise. Tweeting classified info without a specific separate act of declassification preceding it breaks the law
Is that true?

I remember a conversation a few thousand pages back in which I was persuaded that Trump can unilaterally declare classified information de-classified.

It was after this IIRC. https://www.businessinsider.com/bombshell-report-trump-oval-office-meeting-russians-comey-2017-11?IR=T
He is the classifying authority (all classifications are derived from the Executive) so he can of course unilaterally reclassify anything he wants. What the Court said was they he has to first actively declassify, and document that he's done so, a document before he publishes it on twitter or any other medium. Simply publishing on twitter without first declassifying is called "leaking classified information"
Last edited by Saint on Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Mike

Post by Mr Mike »

Saint wrote:
Mr Mike wrote:
Saint wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:

Seeing how his approval rating won't seem to drop below 35% regardless of what he does I think there's a gap
He will lose and gain individual on specific points that will maintain it at a higher level at but sales stats for MAGA hats don’t exceed 24% of the adult population

Still astonished by those I meet who voted for him on single issues (often his Supreme Court list) and are prepared to wear four years of him for that alone (that and no Hillary).
Saint

Post by Saint »

Mr Mike wrote:
Saint wrote:
Mr Mike wrote:
Saint wrote:
Wilson's Toffee wrote:

He will lose and gain individual on specific points that will maintain it at a higher level at but sales stats for MAGA hats don’t exceed 24% of the adult population

Still astonished by those I meet who voted for him on single issues (often his Supreme Court list) and are prepared to wear four years of him for that alone (that and no Hillary).
I don't think I'd judge political popularity by the sales of baseball hats
Rinkals

Post by Rinkals »

Turbogoat wrote:

Years ago, the greenies had a slogan "Think global, act local". Yeah, it's twee, but it addresses (and agrees with) your point quite neatly.
Hell, you'll go mad if you as an individual try to fix all the World's problems, no question. that's no excuse to just ignore this stuff though. It's pretty good to be aware of the big picture stuff, but concentrate your efforts on your own backyard and what you need to do to keep yourself live and hopefully leave a slightly better place for your kids.
We South Africans have a reputation for being as thick as pigshit, and this sort of thing does nothing to counter that.

Accepting that there is "fokkol we can do", is symptomatic of South Africa in the seventies and eighties and clearly the changes in South Africa, while not universally welcomed, were proof that this is not the case.