POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

All things Rugby
puku

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-Already making America Great Again!

Post by puku »

Masterji wrote:The prediction of Trump's demise has been predicted for 2 years and he is still there. The cuunt has a base of 40% and they will support him even if he​ kills there own family members. Muellers report will have nothing that his base can't muddy with lies. If I was a betting man this haraami Will win in 2020.
:thumbup: Excellent word selection.
flaggETERNAL

Post by flaggETERNAL »

Just how easily influenced is Trump?
WASHINGTON—President Trump is re-evaluating a rapid pullout of U.S. troops from Syria, an influential Republican senator said Sunday, signaling White House concerns that a withdrawal could allow Islamic State militants to regain a foothold in the country.

The president’s decision earlier this month marked an abrupt shift in U.S. Middle East policy and helped prompt the resignation of Defense Secretary Jim Mattis. Critics have warned the exit of more than 2,000 U.S. forces could also strengthen Iran’s power and fuel worries about U.S. commitment among other allies around the world. A day after the defense secretary resigned, Brett McGurk, the senior U.S. envoy to the international coalition fighting Islamic State, resigned as well.

“The president is reconsidering how we do this,” Senator Lindsey Graham (R., S.C.) said on CNN. Mr. Graham added that he has discussed the Syria withdrawal with Marine Gen. Joe Dunford, who as chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff is Mr. Trump’s top military adviser, and that he planned to pitch a new approach to the president during a Sunday meeting.

“I’m going to ask him to sit down with his generals and reconsider how to do this,” Mr. Graham said, saying he wants the administration to “slow this down, make sure we get it right, make sure ISIS never comes back.”

The White House’s National Security Council declined to comment and referred to a Dec. 23 tweet by the president. “I just had a long and productive call with President @RT_Erdogan of Turkey,” Mr. Trump wrote. “We discussed ISIS, our mutual involvement in Syria, & the slow & highly coordinated pullout of U.S. troops from the area. After many years they are coming home. We also discussed heavily expanded trade.”
https://www.wsj.com/articles/senator-sa ... ge=1&pos=1
flaggETERNAL

Post by flaggETERNAL »

puku wrote:
Masterji wrote:The prediction of Trump's demise has been predicted for 2 years and he is still there. The cuunt has a base of 40% and they will support him even if he​ kills there own family members. Muellers report will have nothing that his base can't muddy with lies. If I was a betting man this haraami Will win in 2020.
Chutiya is another. :lol: 8) ;)
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

ManInTheBar wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
ManInTheBar wrote:
Anonymous. wrote: The point is it's crass for Trump to make that point at this time. He is the President not a 7 year old boy.
Oh yes he is
Oh no he isn't

Reducing politics to pantomime is where this Presidency is at*

*seen from the other side of The Pond - apologies if seems patronising to those in the US
Nearly half of them voted for him
A pedant writes: nearly half of those who voted, voted for him

That was my point, sort of. I have taken to heart some comment that we Europeans are eager to express an opinion on American politics in a way that would appear arrogant if the reverse was true.
It hasn't stopped Trump or his supporters getting stuck in to Europe, or anywhere else for that matter.

TIA for the nose ring.
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

flaggETERNAL wrote:Just how easily influenced is Trump?
WASHINGTON—President Trump is re-evaluating a rapid pullout of U.S. troops from Syria, an influential Republican senator said Sunday, signaling White House concerns that a withdrawal could allow Islamic State militants to regain a foothold in the country.

The president’s decision earlier this month marked an abrupt shift in U.S. Middle East policy and helped prompt the resignation of Defense Secretary Jim Mattis. Critics have warned the exit of more than 2,000 U.S. forces could also strengthen Iran’s power and fuel worries about U.S. commitment among other allies around the world. A day after the defense secretary resigned, Brett McGurk, the senior U.S. envoy to the international coalition fighting Islamic State, resigned as well.

“The president is reconsidering how we do this,” Senator Lindsey Graham (R., S.C.) said on CNN. Mr. Graham added that he has discussed the Syria withdrawal with Marine Gen. Joe Dunford, who as chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff is Mr. Trump’s top military adviser, and that he planned to pitch a new approach to the president during a Sunday meeting.

“I’m going to ask him to sit down with his generals and reconsider how to do this,” Mr. Graham said, saying he wants the administration to “slow this down, make sure we get it right, make sure ISIS never comes back.”

The White House’s National Security Council declined to comment and referred to a Dec. 23 tweet by the president. “I just had a long and productive call with President @RT_Erdogan of Turkey,” Mr. Trump wrote. “We discussed ISIS, our mutual involvement in Syria, & the slow & highly coordinated pullout of U.S. troops from the area. After many years they are coming home. We also discussed heavily expanded trade.”
All it will take is a hissy fit by Coulter or some Fox thicko to swing him/them back again.

That reference to his twitter feed is cringe worthy, both in the content and the need to refer it.
Masterji

Post by Masterji »

puku wrote:
I forgot I put it in, did you know what it meant without googling it.
Masterji

Post by Masterji »

flaggETERNAL wrote:
puku wrote:
Chutiya is another. :lol: 8) ;)
It seems you know these really bad words a little too well
puku

Post by puku »

Masterji wrote:
puku wrote:
I forgot I put it in, did you know what it meant without googling it.
Yep. I had a Persian girlfriend for a bit.
puku

Post by puku »

Ann Coulter wrote:"Without a wall, he(Trump) will only be remembered as a small cartoon figure who briefly inflamed and amused the rabble,"

Horse face calling it as it is.
Sinkers

Post by Sinkers »

puku wrote:
Ann Coulter wrote:"Without a wall, he(Trump) will only be remembered as a small cartoon figure who briefly inflamed and amused the rabble,"

But what if it’s just a fence?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46717985
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

ManInTheBar wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
ManInTheBar wrote:
Anonymous. wrote: The point is it's crass for Trump to make that point at this time. He is the President not a 7 year old boy.
Oh yes he is
Oh no he isn't

Reducing politics to pantomime is where this Presidency is at*

*seen from the other side of The Pond - apologies if seems patronising to those in the US
Nearly half of them voted for him
A pedant writes: nearly half of those who voted, voted for him

That was my point, sort of. I have taken to heart some comment that we Europeans are eager to express an opinion on American politics in a way that would appear arrogant if the reverse was true.
They like to refer to their president as the leader of the free world so they can FCUK RIGHT OFF
Saint

Post by Saint »

Donald now trying to equate the wall round Obama's DC home with the southern border.......m
argus

Post by argus »

Uthikoloshe wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
Uthikoloshe wrote:I quoted slinkers news article. The blunder was copying a line out of it to score a point on Ted without noticing I was quoting Trump.

Hence The LBW.
Face Before Wicket
Tokoloshes are very short.
And that is why our beds were always in bricks
BokJock

Post by BokJock »

argus wrote:
Uthikoloshe wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
Uthikoloshe wrote:I quoted slinkers news article. The blunder was copying a line out of it to score a point on Ted without noticing I was quoting Trump.

Hence The LBW.
Face Before Wicket
Tokoloshes are very short.
And that is why our beds were always in bricks
Not enough bricks - Uthikoloshe appears to have hit his head on multiple occasions
houtkabouter

Post by houtkabouter »

Too many bricks, it appears he’s stuck up there ...

On the positive side he’s closer to God ...
BokJock

Post by BokJock »

A recap of things SOTN, Saffer13, WT, ZT and Uthikoloshe (in hilarious meme form) have defended through the course of 2018

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... -2018-list
ManInTheBar

Post by ManInTheBar »

BokJock wrote:A recap of things SOTN, Saffer13, WT, ZT and Uthikoloshe (in hilarious meme form) have defended through the course of 2018

And Santa, don't forget Santa
Big Nipper

Post by Big Nipper »

ManInTheBar wrote:
BokJock wrote:A recap of things SOTN, Saffer13, WT, ZT and Uthikoloshe (in hilarious meme form) have defended through the course of 2018

Interesting
ManInTheBar

Post by ManInTheBar »

Big Nipper wrote:
ManInTheBar wrote:

Interesting
I never said it was interesting. Find ONE post where I said it was interesting. Honestly you must be the thi..

Oh sorry wrong login
BokJock

Post by BokJock »

ManInTheBar wrote:
Big Nipper wrote:
ManInTheBar wrote:

Interesting
I never said it was interesting. Find ONE post where I said it was interesting. Honestly you must be the thi..

Oh sorry wrong login
:lol:

Post by 4071 »

puku wrote:

But with a wall, he will be remembered as a small cartoon figure who briefly inflamed and amused the rabble enough to get an expensive wall built.
Leinster in London

Post by Leinster in London »

4071 wrote:
puku wrote:

But with a wall, he will be remembered as a small cartoon figure who briefly inflamed and amused the rabble enough to get an expensive wall built.
I've not seen it asked, never mind answered, but where are they going to find people who work in 110 degrees heat ? Will they use the fruit-pickers in the off-season?

Post by 4071 »

Leinster in London wrote:
4071 wrote:
puku wrote:

I've not seen it asked, never mind answered, but where are they going to find people who work in 110 degrees heat ? Will they use the fruit-pickers in the off-season?
It has been mentioned that the budget for building the wall does not take into consideration the budget for maintaining the wall. But when it comes to manning it, I don't know if that has come up. However, I would guess that it would be largely unmanned. After all, there are border police who patrol along the border already - having a wall will not make their job harder. They will probably have to do what they do now, and regularly patrol the areas where there are the most crossings and ensure that the wall is not breached.

Obviously it won't stop people crossing - it will make it more difficult, but far from impossible. If they want an impenetrable barrier then they will have to put up guard posts. And pay the guards well, to avoid them taking bribes (as enough of them do at the moment). But the designs don't seem to have guard posts, so my assumption is that the wall is to be a symbol rather than a genuinely uncrossable barrier between the US and Mexico.
Rinkals

Post by Rinkals »

happyhooker wrote:Time travel now......

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 07104?s=19
Having been starved of Trumpian buffoonery over the last few days, you can imagine my disappointment when I followed that link, only to see "404, Sorry, That Page does not exist" :(( :((
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

Rinkals wrote:
happyhooker wrote:Time travel now......

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 07104?s=19
Having been starved of Trumpian buffoonery over the last few days, you can imagine my disappointment when I followed that link, only to see "404, Sorry, That Page does not exist" :(( :((
I’m in the Oval Office. Democrats, come back from vacation now and give us the votes necessary for Border Security, including the Wall. You voted yes in 2006 and 3013. One more yes, but with me in office, I’ll get it built, and Fast!
The Man Without Fear

Post by The Man Without Fear »

4071 wrote:
puku wrote:

Well, apart from all the vile shit that's going on behind the lunatic up front.
fishfoodie

Post by fishfoodie »

4071 wrote:
Leinster in London wrote:
4071 wrote:
puku wrote:

It has been mentioned that the budget for building the wall does not take into consideration the budget for maintaining the wall. But when it comes to manning it, I don't know if that has come up. However, I would guess that it would be largely unmanned. After all, there are border police who patrol along the border already - having a wall will not make their job harder. They will probably have to do what they do now, and regularly patrol the areas where there are the most crossings and ensure that the wall is not breached.

Obviously it won't stop people crossing - it will make it more difficult, but far from impossible. If they want an impenetrable barrier then they will have to put up guard posts. And pay the guards well, to avoid them taking bribes (as enough of them do at the moment). But the designs don't seem to have guard posts, so my assumption is that the wall is to be a symbol rather than a genuinely uncrossable barrier between the US and Mexico.
Don't forget that a very large part of the budget for the wall; is actually to put in hundreds of miles of access roads, so you can get equipment to the border, & bring in the prefabbed wall sections. These new roads will then make it much easier, & safer, for the illegals to get from the border into the US. There'll be busses running from some places :lol: :lol: :lol:
Turbogoat

Post by Turbogoat »

Ted. wrote:

All it will take is a hissy fit by Coulter or some Fox thicko to swing him/them back again.

That reference to his twitter feed is cringe worthy, both in the content and the need to refer it.
Coulter must be loving just how easy Trump is to manipulate. Her, Hannity and Limbaugh did a fantastic job of getting Trump to reverse course on the wall funding and shut down the gubmint, despite GOP Senate agreement on the proposed funding bill.
He's been led around by the nose repeatedly, by hostile foreign leaders, talk show rabble rousers and tearful daughters, exactly as was feared by the smartest and sexiest of commentators prior to his taking office.
Turbogoat

Post by Turbogoat »

fishfoodie wrote:
Don't forget that a very large part of the budget for the wall; is actually to put in hundreds of miles of access roads, so you can get equipment to the border, & bring in the prefabbed wall sections. These new roads will then make it much easier, & safer, for the illegals to get from the border into the US. There'll be busses running from some places :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol:
Unintended consequences strike again.
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

Turbogoat wrote:
Ted. wrote:

Coulter must be loving just how easy Trump is to manipulate. Her, Hannity and Limbaugh did a fantastic job of getting Trump to reverse course on the wall funding and shut down the gubmint, despite GOP Senate agreement on the proposed funding bill.
He's been led around by the nose repeatedly, by hostile foreign leaders, talk show rabble rousers and tearful daughters, exactly as was feared by the smartest and sexiest of commentators prior to his taking office.

He's back on task:
US President Donald Trump defended his decision to withdraw from Syria as the fulfillment of a campaign promise, pushing back against criticism from lawmakers in his own party that the abrupt change in policy harms US interests and cedes influence to Russia and Iran.

"I campaigned on getting out of Syria and other places," Trump said on Monday (Tuesday NZ Time) on Twitter. "Now when I start getting out the Fake News Media, or some failed Generals who were unable to do the job before I arrived, like to complain about me & my tactics, which are working. Just doing what I said I was going to do!"

LINK to article

He's dictating foreign policy and risking lives merely in order to tick another box in his bragging rights list. It's more about the campaign than being a leader and doing right.
Rinkals

Post by Rinkals »

Ted. wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
Ted. wrote:

He's back on task:
US President Donald Trump defended his decision to withdraw from Syria as the fulfillment of a campaign promise, pushing back against criticism from lawmakers in his own party that the abrupt change in policy harms US interests and cedes influence to Russia and Iran.

"I campaigned on getting out of Syria and other places," Trump said on Monday (Tuesday NZ Time) on Twitter. "Now when I start getting out the Fake News Media, or some failed Generals who were unable to do the job before I arrived, like to complain about me & my tactics, which are working. Just doing what I said I was going to do!"

LINK to article

He's dictating foreign policy and risking lives merely in order to tick another box in his bragging rights list. It's more about the campaign than being a leader and doing right.
It's ratings.

That's all that matters.
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

Rinkals wrote:
Ted. wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
Ted. wrote:

He's back on task:

LINK to article

It's ratings.

That's all that matters.
Yep.

As an aside, He's the best thing that has ever happened to Putin's career as a despot and expansionist abroad. Putin loves him to pieces.
Botha Boy

Post by Botha Boy »

Ted. wrote:
Rinkals wrote:
Ted. wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
Ted. wrote:

He's back on task:

LINK to article

It's ratings.

That's all that matters.
Yep.

As an aside, He's the best thing that has ever happened to Putin's career as a despot and expansionist abroad. Putin loves him to pieces.
Can you imagine the Kompromat that Putin could have on him based on what already know about his past behaviours ... ? The final movie revealing all on this period could be a cracker ...
Turbogoat

Post by Turbogoat »

The latest senior military figure to criticise Trump is now the retired Gen Stanley McChrystal, who called trump 'immoral' in an interview on ABC.

Trump found time amidst one of his latest twitter flurries to respond
"'General' McChrystal got fired like a dog by Obama, last assignment a total bust. Known for big, dumb mouth. Hillary lover!"
Classy as always, but you just know when Trump first heard it, he was thinking "Immoral? What, he thinks I'm going to live forever?"
Kiwias

Post by Kiwias »

From Drumpf's twitter feed
President and Mrs. Obama built/has a ten foot Wall around their D.C. mansion/compound. I agree, totally necessary for their safety and security. The U.S. needs the same thing, slightly larger version!
13:59 - 2018年12月30日
Seems that nobody bothered to tell the neighbours.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... amas-house

Post by 4071 »

Kiwias wrote:From Drumpf's twitter feed
President and Mrs. Obama built/has a ten foot Wall around their D.C. mansion/compound. I agree, totally necessary for their safety and security. The U.S. needs the same thing, slightly larger version!
13:59 - 2018年12月30日
Seems that nobody bothered to tell the neighbours.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... amas-house
He's currently going strong on flat-out easily disproven lies.

He's currently claiming that the Senate Democrats have been blocking 350 nominations from filling their posts.

In a republican majority Senate that does not require a single democrat vote to confirm a nomination...
houtkabouter

Post by houtkabouter »

Getting tougher and tougher for his fan-not fan club to defend. He went full mong over Xmas - new year desperately trying to crash past real Santa and back into the headlines.

I was quite happy when this thread fell off the front page, signs of him losing presence in the global conscience. It seems there’s nothing more terrifying to him than that, so much so he’s doing anything to force a story. Sitting in his grandad dressing gown shooting blanks into twitter. So much angst. So much froth. So alpha.
Kiwias

Post by Kiwias »

The thought of s Democrat-led House has him shitting himself.
ManInTheBar

Post by ManInTheBar »

Kiwias wrote:The thought of s Democrat-led House has him shitting himself.
Yeah. Nah. It will suit him to have someone else to blame for BAD THINGS. VERY BAD