Chat Forum
It is currently Wed May 27, 2020 6:48 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112544 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2137, 2138, 2139, 2140, 2141, 2142, 2143 ... 2814  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:54 pm 

houtkabouter wrote:
Seneca of the Night wrote:
I'm starting to think that trump isn't just slinging insults at the media, he genuinely actually is destroying them. Remember the massive NYT tax expose of oh, ten days ago that was going to bring down the Presidency? No, me neither.

I watched CNN for half an hour last night as I was in a hotel room and that fat bald thirty something gimp who.has a more mysterious career than James corden was on. Holy crap he is shit. Trevor Noah without the laughter track.

And the New yorker has immolated itself in the space of a couple of weeks. It's pretty amazing really.

You should probably think about why this is a stupid idea.

BRING IT ON MOCKERS GODS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:59 pm 

Not sure if posted already, but in light of Trumps tweet about his phone call to the king of that shithole country.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2018/oct/12/trump-khashoggi-case-will-not-stop-110bn-us-saudi-arms-trade-video

In some ways he is refreshingly awful in his honesty when talking about it...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:07 pm 

BokJock wrote:
Not sure if posted already, but in light of Trumps tweet about his phone call to the king of that shithole country.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2018/oct/12/trump-khashoggi-case-will-not-stop-110bn-us-saudi-arms-trade-video

Most honest president ever. Better than the 'all options are on the table' crap they normally spout.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:11 pm 

BokJock wrote:

Most honest president ever. Better than the 'all options are on the table' crap they normally spout.

Yup, the Saudi $110Billion Arms Memorandum if understanding will go down as Trump's Cherry Tree moment.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:01 pm 

Ah but do you think he will keep this promise:

Quote:
Trump Offers $1 Million For "Pocahontas" Elizabeth Warren To Take DNA Test To Prove Indian Ancestry

Quote:
"We will take that little kit -- but we have to do it gently. Because we're in the #MeToo generation, we have to do it gently," the president trolled. "And we will very genlty take that kit, and slowly toss it, hoping it doesn't injure her arm, and we will say: I will give you a million dollars to your favorite charity, paid for by Trump, if you take the test and it shows you're an Indian."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:22 pm 

Jesus Sen, I’m a bit concerned you’ve got Brett’s dealers number.Image

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:32 pm 

BokJock wrote:

Quote:
Trump Offers $1 Million For "Pocahontas" Elizabeth Warren To Take DNA Test To Prove Indian Ancestry

Quote:
"We will take that little kit -- but we have to do it gently. Because we're in the #MeToo generation, we have to do it gently," the president trolled. "And we will very genlty take that kit, and slowly toss it, hoping it doesn't injure her arm, and we will say: I will give you a million dollars to your favorite charity, paid for by Trump, if you take the test and it shows you're an Indian."

Honest Don Trump is a man of his word. Shirely you have read this from SOTN and his mentor wee Tucker Carlson?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:57 pm 

BokJock wrote:

Quote:
All options are on the table

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... trong-ones

Quote:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... -the-table

Quote:
all options are on the table

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/wor ... 390343.cms

Refreshing stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:08 pm 

Bullettyme wrote:
BokJock wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Refreshing stuff.

But wait, one of the options is that it may have been "Rogue Killers" according to the Donald. Presumably that's one of the options on the table.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/10/15/midd ... index.html

It's possible that 15 rogue killers flew in private jets from Saudi to Turkey after luring Khashoggi into the embassy with promises of routine paperwork to enable him to get married, then decided that grabbing him, torturing him, killing him, dismembering him, all while his fiance is waiting outside and videos are confirming he never leaves and Turkish intel is apparently recording it all is the way to kill someone roguishly, then flew back to Saudi less than a day later, possibly with dismembered body parts in their carry on luggage.

Yup, that's just how "Rogue Killers" go about murdering random targets of opportunity, especially if a $110Billion arms Memorandum of Understanding between two countries may be at stake. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:32 pm 

zt1903 wrote:
CBS have explicitly asked him about Mattis leaving. Response was.

Quote:
Well, I don't know. He hasn't told me that.

I have a very good relationship with him. I had lunch with him two days ago. I have a very good relationship with him. It could be that he is. I think he's sort of a Democrat, if you want to know the truth,

But General Mattis is a good guy. We get along very well. He may leave. I mean, at some point, everybody leaves. Everybody. People leave. That's Washington.

Sounds like he's gone then. I wonder why Trump doesn't get on with him, I hope it's not because he won't let Trump blow something up.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:34 pm 

BokJock wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Apparently she's 1/1024th Native, which some clever clogs have decided means Trump owes her $976 :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:41 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
BokJock wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Refreshing stuff.

But wait, one of the options is that it may have been "Rogue Killers" according to the Donald. Presumably that's one of the options on the table.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/10/15/midd ... index.html

It's possible that 15 rogue killers flew in private jets from Saudi to Turkey after luring Khashoggi into the embassy with promises of routine paperwork to enable him to get married, then decided that grabbing him, torturing him, killing him, dismembering him, all while his fiance is waiting outside and videos are confirming he never leaves and Turkish intel is apparently recording it all is the way to kill someone roguishly, then flew back to Saudi less than a day later, possibly with dismembered body parts in their carry on luggage.

Yup, that's just how "Rogue Killers" go about murdering random targets of opportunity, especially if a $110Billion arms Memorandum of Understanding between two countries may be at stake. :thumbup:

Apparently it's the cleaners wot done it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:48 pm 

Rugby2023 wrote:
BokJock wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Apparently she's 1/1024th Native, which some clever clogs have decided means Trump owes her $976 :)

I'm not sure how she's spinning this as a win. She is quite literally as Indian as I am Nigerian (0.01% according to my DNA test). And I ain't no brother, that's for sure, as anyone how has seen me on either the basketball court or dancefloor can agree.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:57 pm 

Rugby2023 wrote:
BokJock wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm not sure how she's spinning this as a win. She is quite literally as Indian as I am Nigerian (0.01% according to my DNA test). And I ain't no brother, that's for sure, as anyone how has seen me on either the basketball court or dancefloor can agree.

Given how much Trump made of it, and spun it into a derogatory epithet for her, it's now in his court. He can continue to call her Pocahontas, which would now have a more than oblique racial edge to it, or he can back away from it and try to find another more socially acceptable name to call her, probably from his garbage pail kids collector series.
Will he have the balls to stand by his now over-the-line pet name for her or not? Hey, you know it'll play well with his base, maybe he'll go for it.
Wonder if the million bucks will ever make it to the charity?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:01 pm 

Rugby2023 wrote:
BokJock wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

0.09% which is about half the rate of the average American and a rather long way from claims that her mother experienced racism due to her Native American heritage.

And it’s strictly speaking not Native “American” either, it’s Mexican, Peruvian and Colombian.

Trump is going to have a field day with this.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:01 pm 

I have literally no idea why Warren released this. You really have to believe your base is in the bag before putting out something as damaging as that.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:02 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:
Rugby2023 wrote:
BokJock wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Given how much Trump made of it, and spun it into a derogatory epithet for her, it's now in his court. He can continue to call her Pocahontas, which would now have a more than oblique racial edge to it, or he can back away from it and try to find another more socially acceptable name to call her, probably from his garbage pail kids collector series.
Will he have the balls to stand by his now over-the-line pet name for her or not? Hey, you know it'll play well with his base, maybe he'll go for it.

Fair point. It might take the wind out of the nickname.

Probably a good thing if she runs. The female liberal arts professor constituency needs a champion as it appears they are having a collective nervous breakdown, and although they are in public absolutely dreadful people, in private they are mostly gentle and nice grandmothers, and their grandchildren don't deserve to have granny go mad on them.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:04 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:
Rugby2023 wrote:
BokJock wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Given that you would have to go back to at least to the time of Pocahontas to find her indigenous heritage I imagine that he's still going to run with it.

zt1903 wrote:
Rugby2023 wrote:
BokJock wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

0.09% which is about half the rate of the average American and a rather long way from claims that her mother experienced racism due to her Native American heritage.

And it’s strictly speaking not Native “American” either, it’s Mexican, Peruvian and Colombian.

This puts Ms Warren as between 1/32 and 1/512 Native-American, according to the Boston Globe.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45866168
It'd be interesting to research what continents Mexico, Peru and Colombia are on btw.... or what regions the Warren family tree inhabited for the last 6-10 generations.... but it doesn't really matter, given the context of the bet that Trump described so nicely, about gently - gently!- throwing a DNA kit at her.

zt1903 wrote:
Rugby2023 wrote:
BokJock wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Silver lining is she probably has good dealer connections.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:06 pm 

zt1903 wrote:

Given that you would have to go back to at least to the time of Pocahontas to find her indigenous heritage I imagine that he's still going to run with it.

For the more Buddhist amongst us, it means she could actually be Pocahontas.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:07 pm 

zt1903 wrote:

Who would've thought that 'ancestry' meant before our time?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:11 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:
zt1903 wrote:
Rugby2023 wrote:
BokJock wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

This puts Ms Warren as between 1/32 and 1/512 Native-American, according to the Boston Globe.
It'd be interesting to research what continents Mexico, Peru and Colombia are on btw.... or what regions the Warren family tree inhabited for the last 6-10 generations.... but it doesn't really matter, given the context of the bet that Trump described so nicely, about gently - gently!- throwing a DNA kit at her.

You're an order of magnitude out. Minimum is 1/1,024th. She's homeopathically Indian.

All she's managed to prove is she is less Indian than the average honky.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:15 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:
zt1903 wrote:

Who would've thought that 'ancestry' meant before our time?

Yeah - but it's a tough crowd in Oklahoma. Apparently her parents has to elope because they were mixed race. "Not one drop!".

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:16 pm 

zzzz wrote:

You're an order of magnitude out. Minimum is 1/1,024th. She's homeopathically Indian.

Christ that's good. Imagine Trump saying, okay, I was wrong, she's The Homeopathic Indian.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:17 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:
zt1903 wrote:
Rugby2023 wrote:
BokJock wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Media coverage is rather bizarre. I can understand Warren spinning it as a win, but the reporting?

Rather than “proving” her Native American heritage the test has shown her to be so white that even Richard Spencer would approve.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:19 pm 

zzzz wrote:

That was a quote from the bbc, as I couldn't get to the Boston Globe source. What's your reference for the 1/1024?

In any case, Trump ensured it wasn't about the amount, it was just if there was 'any' Native American heritage.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:25 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:
zzzz wrote:

That was a quote from the bbc, as I couldn't get to the Boston Globe source. What's your reference for the 1/1024?

In any case, Trump ensured it wasn't about the amount, it was just if there was 'any' Native American heritage.

Not sure about that.

Quote:
We will take that little kit -- but we have to do it gently. Because we're in the #MeToo generation, we have to do it gently," the president trolled. "And we will very genlty take that kit, and slowly toss it, hoping it doesn't injure her arm, and we will say: I will give you a million dollars to your favorite charity, paid for by Trump, if you take the test and it shows you're an Indian."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:29 pm 

zzzz wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
zzzz wrote:

Not sure about that.

Quote:
We will take that little kit -- but we have to do it gently. Because we're in the #MeToo generation, we have to do it gently," the president trolled. "And we will very genlty take that kit, and slowly toss it, hoping it doesn't injure her arm, and we will say: I will give you a million dollars to your favorite charity, paid for by Trump, if you take the test and it shows you're an Indian."

However far you have to move the goalposts to help you sleep at night, it's all just a petty distraction from real events... unless of course Trump has the balls to front up with the million bucks.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:33 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:
zzzz wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
zzzz wrote:

Not sure about that.

Quote:

However far you have to move the goalposts to help you sleep at night, it's all just a petty distraction from real events... unless of course Trump has the balls to front up with the million bucks.

Hmm. How's that moving goal posts?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:37 pm 

You don't need a reference to find out 1/1024. You just need basic maths.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:39 pm 

zzzz wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
zzzz wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
zzzz wrote:

Not sure about that.

Quote:

Hmm. How's that moving goal posts?

Not you personally, think of them as more generalized goalposts. Sorry about that.

The claims went from
"Warren claimed to be a minority to get a prestigious job and big house!"

to

"OK, she didn't claim any special status to get a job, and her house is a lot less big than we thought, but her Mum still said she had a Native American ancestor and for that we must call her Pocahontas in a derogatory fashion for being a big fat liar"

to

"OK, but she might not be very much of a Native American"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:41 pm 

Here come the “hypocrats” again.

Do you guys ever, ever commit to your bullshit or is everything a stretch goal?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:43 pm 

Santa wrote:

The Boston Globe have corrected the “math error” in their article.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:46 pm 

zt1903 wrote:
Santa wrote:

Aha, thank you. So that's the bottom of the range, right? What's the top of the range? Still 1/32 or did they make an error there too?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:47 pm 

zzzz wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
zzzz wrote:

Not sure about that.

Quote:

Quote:
"I'm going to get one of those little [DNA testing] kits and in the middle of the debate, when she proclaims she's of Indian heritage...," Trump said.

Well, I'm sure about that.

I see that Conway is throwing out the junk science line to muddy the waters and of course honest Don is denying the $1 million bet.

He is worth 9 billion, you would think he would follow through with his promise.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:49 pm 

If only his Daddy was still around to give him another million dollar 'loan'

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:52 pm 

And in some real news, the US budget deficit has blown out by another $114 billion this year, and is on target to top $ 1 trillion next year and we are not even in a recession.

Tea Party diehards like Rep Jordan must be besides themselves. Shirley they must?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:52 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:

Not you personally, think of them as more generalized goalposts. Sorry about that.

The claims went from
"Warren claimed to be a minority to get a prestigious job and big house!"

to

"OK, she didn't claim any special status to get a job, and her house is a lot less big than we thought, but her Mum still said she had a Native American ancestor and for that we must call her Pocahontas in a derogatory fashion for being a big fat liar"

to

"OK, but she might not be very much of a Native American"

That’s so much shite. Goalposts haven't moved at all, well except perhaps by Warrens defenders who are now reaching very far to defend her. She’s just been proven to be a liar on this subject.

The evidence that she used her “heritage” to advance her career is clear.

She claimed to be Cherokee and Delaware Indian. She claimed that her parents had to move due to their mixed race marriage.

The test found that maybe, just maybe, 300 years ago, she might have had an ancestor that was born in Mexico or South America. Which is a very very long way from what she claimed.

Oh, and the average American has twice as much Native American blood as she has.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:53 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:
zt1903 wrote:
Santa wrote:

Aha, thank you. So that's the bottom of the range, right? What's the top of the range? Still 1/32 or did they make an error there too?

1/64 to 1/1,024

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112544 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2137, 2138, 2139, 2140, 2141, 2142, 2143 ... 2814  Next