Chat Forum
It is currently Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:48 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107041 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2414, 2415, 2416, 2417, 2418, 2419, 2420 ... 2677  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm
Posts: 18080
Santa wrote:
The Dems only had to do it if you ignore the fact the Schiff got knew about it BEFORE it went tinthe IF, understood the ramifications of different actions, and then worked with the 'whistleblower' to taje it formal. Other tjan that the Dems were slaves to fate.

Liquid lunch? Why didn't the FBI examine the physical server and what is the role of crowdstrike in all this? The notion that Trump manueverd the Dems into this is TDS writ large. The stroy has gotten prgorseviely worse for him as it's gone on(the whistleblower testimony is now irrelevant) and public opinion is narrowly in favour of impeachment. His conduct during this won't endear him to anyone.

I see the feds are investigating Giuilanis relationship with a Ukrainian oligarch. The arrest of those 2 lads a few weeks ago baring fruit.

The wrinkle for the Dems is that the hearings will take away campaigning time from the likes of Warrent and Sanders.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:56 pm
Posts: 9475
paddyor wrote:
Santa wrote:
The Dems only had to do it if you ignore the fact the Schiff got knew about it BEFORE it went tinthe IF, understood the ramifications of different actions, and then worked with the 'whistleblower' to taje it formal. Other tjan that the Dems were slaves to fate.

Liquid lunch? Why didn't the FBI examine the physical server and what is the role of crowdstrike in all this? The notion that Trump manueverd the Dems into this is TDS writ large. The stroy has gotten prgorseviely worse for him as it's gone on(the whistleblower testimony is now irrelevant) and public opinion is narrowly in favour of impeachment. His conduct during this won't endear him to anyone.

I see the feds are investigating Giuilanis relationship with a Ukrainian oligarch. The arrest of those 2 lads a few weeks ago baring fruit.

The wrinkle for the Dems is that the hearings will take away campaigning time from the likes of Warrent and Sanders.


That reads like a Seth Abramson tweet.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9840
Location: Indiana
paddyor wrote:
I see the feds are investigating Giuilanis relationship with a Ukrainian oligarch. The arrest of those 2 lads a few weeks ago baring fruit.


Quote:
You will keep hearing two names — Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman — during this testimony today. They are two associates of Rudy Giuliani who were charged in September with illegally funneling foreign money into US political campaigns.

They have pleaded not guilty, but federal prosecutors in New York are continuing their investigation. This includes looking into Giuliani’s links to the two Soviet-born businessmen, sources have told CNN.

Democrats subpoenaed both men in the impeachment inquiry, to provide documents and testify, but so far they haven’t complied with the subpoenas.

Here is we know about Parnas and Fruman:

▪About Parnas: The Ukrainian-American businessman, 47, wears many hats. He's a political donor who cut large checks to pro-Trump super PACs. And he has acted as a personal fixer of sorts for Giuliani, connecting the former New York City mayor to government officials in Ukraine. According to the indictment, it was Parnas who allegedly tried to use his influence as a donor to secure Yovanovitch’s removal. He did this by meeting with a US congressman "at the request of one or more Ukrainian government officials," prosecutors said.

▪About Fruman: He's a naturalized American citizen who was born in Belarus. Fruman, 53, was one of Parnas' business partners and also was involved in large political donations to pro-Trump efforts and other Republicans. Prosecutors say some of those funds illegally came from a foreign national. Using money from a Russian donor, Fruman contributed $10,000 each to two candidates in Nevada during the 2018 cycle, where he and his associates sought a license for their planned marijuana business, according to the indictment.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11126
Location: The centre of The Horrendous Space Kablooie!
How many of the best people is it now?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:30 am
Posts: 4936
The Man Without Fear wrote:
How many of the best people is it now?


Trump barely knew Roger Stone


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11303
Santa wrote:

Edit: in fact his personality is what allows him the balls to make that move. And others.

But if everyone's point is simply that he's a prick of a human being, well, yes. Yes he is. That battle is won.



Balls? What balls? As soon as someone stands up to him, he chickens out.

Look at his policy with Iran for example. Iran is now developing the bomb, and emboldened like never before. They tested Trump twice, downing a US drone and then bombing Saudi oil fields, and they have seen it for themselves. Trump won't retaliate. He doesn't have the balls to take his policy to its end.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:56 pm
Posts: 9475
Interesting. Peolsi's shift to talking about bribery was driven by....

focus groups. In key battleground states.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/gdpr-con ... ry.html%3f


Apparently they were asked which was better: quid pro quo, bribery or extortion. :lol:

Of course they are not really synonyms. One of them isn't a crime and the other two are legally distinct crimes. Mind you, if you're going to front run the outcome of an investigation before it is complete none of that matters.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 28986
Location: SOB>Todd
Roger Stone finally gets his. :smug:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17491
https://twitter.com/housetoastonish/sta ... 5946371073


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm
Posts: 18080
Santa wrote:
Interesting. Peolsi's shift to talking about bribery was driven by....

focus groups. In key battleground states.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/gdpr-con ... ry.html%3f


Apparently they were asked which was better: quid pro quo, bribery or extortion. :lol:

Of course they are not really synonyms. One of them isn't a crime and the other two are legally distinct crimes. Mind you, if you're going to front run the outcome of an investigation before it is complete none of that matters.

Santa, with the big story about the impeachment inquiry from Friday.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5924
Floppykid wrote:
Roger Stone finally gets his. :smug:


Good to see a slimeball go down, but its likely Trump will pardon him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 355
obelixtim wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
Roger Stone finally gets his. :smug:


Good to see a slimeball go down, but its likely Trump will pardon him.


You'd have to hope that if he were to do it in the short term it would represent some sort of tipping point among some of his House and Senate supporters. It's not like there's any wiggle room to suggest the convictions aren't well earned, he posted pictures of the judge in crosshairs for fecks sake.

On the other hand if Trump survives the impeachment (likely) I'm sure we can expect the Clinton style final day "f*@k you" pardons to flow.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6784
As Democrats cheer that Stone gets time for lying expect that this precedent will be used for the likes of Clapper, Comey and Brennan and all the others.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm
Posts: 18080
kiwinoz wrote:
As Democrats cheer that Stone gets time for lying expect that this precedent will be used for the likes of Clapper, Comey and Brennan and all the others.

1)They're not being investigated by the FBI
2)This sin't a precedent


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 40628
kiwinoz wrote:
As Democrats cheer that Stone gets time for lying expect that this precedent will be used for the likes of Clapper, Comey and Brennan and all the others.


Nice editing of Trump's full tweet?

Quote:
“So they now convict Roger Stone of lying and want to jail him for many years to come. Well, what about Crooked Hillary, Comey, Strzok, Page, McCabe, Brennan, Clapper, Shifty Schiff, Ohr & Nellie, Steele & all of the others, including even Mueller himself? Didn’t they lie?”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:04 am
Posts: 9478
tried watching fox news for 5 minutes and realised how dumb americans actually are to believe their shit...worse is that women on fox news lie more than men :/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 650
Need more proof that Trump's craven loyalists are grasping at straws and don't want real answers to their questions?:
https://www.nbcnews.com/video/rep-turne ... 3544261619


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6784
Kiwias wrote:
kiwinoz wrote:
As Democrats cheer that Stone gets time for lying expect that this precedent will be used for the likes of Clapper, Comey and Brennan and all the others.


Nice editing of Trump's full tweet?

Quote:
“So they now convict Roger Stone of lying and want to jail him for many years to come. Well, what about Crooked Hillary, Comey, Strzok, Page, McCabe, Brennan, Clapper, Shifty Schiff, Ohr & Nellie, Steele & all of the others, including even Mueller himself? Didn’t they lie?”


Not on Twitter but looking forward to justice's scales balancing up.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 40628
kiwinoz wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
kiwinoz wrote:
As Democrats cheer that Stone gets time for lying expect that this precedent will be used for the likes of Clapper, Comey and Brennan and all the others.


Nice editing of Trump's full tweet?

Quote:
“So they now convict Roger Stone of lying and want to jail him for many years to come. Well, what about Crooked Hillary, Comey, Strzok, Page, McCabe, Brennan, Clapper, Shifty Schiff, Ohr & Nellie, Steele & all of the others, including even Mueller himself? Didn’t they lie?”


Not on Twitter but looking forward to justice's scales balancing up.


Remind me again of how many times HRC was investigated for Benghazi and how many lies the Republicans came up with.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17348
comets wrote:
tried watching fox news for 5 minutes and realised how dumb americans actually are to believe their shit...worse is that women on fox news lie more than men :/


Flying Ryan was commenting a few pages back that the rest of the World isn't supportive enough of America, but honestly, Americans need to up their game.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:59 pm
Posts: 2603
TheFrog wrote:
Santa wrote:

Edit: in fact his personality is what allows him the balls to make that move. And others.

But if everyone's point is simply that he's a prick of a human being, well, yes. Yes he is. That battle is won.



Balls? What balls? As soon as someone stands up to him, he chickens out.

Look at his policy with Iran for example. Iran is now developing the bomb, and emboldened like never before. They tested Trump twice, downing a US drone and then bombing Saudi oil fields, and they have seen it for themselves. Trump won't retaliate. He doesn't have the balls to take his policy to its end.


He didn't chicken out when Yovanovitch stood up. With no regard for his personal safety, he stormed straight onto Twitter. The man's a berserker.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5924
Trump pardons 3 soldiers found guilty of war crimes. I guess that will put US soldiers at increased risk if taken prisoner.

Trump seems to be going out of his way to alienate the military.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:59 pm
Posts: 2603
Kiwias wrote:
kiwinoz wrote:
As Democrats cheer that Stone gets time for lying expect that this precedent will be used for the likes of Clapper, Comey and Brennan and all the others.


Nice editing of Trump's full tweet?

Quote:
“So they now convict Roger Stone of lying and want to jail him for many years to come. Well, what about Crooked Hillary, Comey, Strzok, Page, McCabe, Brennan, Clapper, Shifty Schiff, Ohr & Nellie, Steele & all of the others, including even Mueller himself? Didn’t they lie?”

Trump can't have possibly written that Tweet. It's in full sentences, correctly punctuated. Unless in a moment of rage, he slipped out of character.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17491
6.Jones wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
kiwinoz wrote:
As Democrats cheer that Stone gets time for lying expect that this precedent will be used for the likes of Clapper, Comey and Brennan and all the others.


Nice editing of Trump's full tweet?

Quote:
“So they now convict Roger Stone of lying and want to jail him for many years to come. Well, what about Crooked Hillary, Comey, Strzok, Page, McCabe, Brennan, Clapper, Shifty Schiff, Ohr & Nellie, Steele & all of the others, including even Mueller himself? Didn’t they lie?”

Trump can't have possibly written that Tweet. It's in full sentences, correctly punctuated. Unless in a moment of rage, he slipped out of character.


Also he didn't write "and his lover" before "Page"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:59 pm
Posts: 2603
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
6.Jones wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
kiwinoz wrote:
As Democrats cheer that Stone gets time for lying expect that this precedent will be used for the likes of Clapper, Comey and Brennan and all the others.


Nice editing of Trump's full tweet?

Quote:
“So they now convict Roger Stone of lying and want to jail him for many years to come. Well, what about Crooked Hillary, Comey, Strzok, Page, McCabe, Brennan, Clapper, Shifty Schiff, Ohr & Nellie, Steele & all of the others, including even Mueller himself? Didn’t they lie?”

Trump can't have possibly written that Tweet. It's in full sentences, correctly punctuated. Unless in a moment of rage, he slipped out of character.


Also he didn't write "and his lover" before "Page"


I'm with Seneca. Trump's brain is this huge, unruly beast, like a bull, unfiltered by social convention. Like the Internet.

Maybe Trump *is* the Internet. In a moment of weakness, after too much cocaine one night [never doubt what a florid, incoherent, rich man who doesn't drink alcohol gets up to in his spare time] the Internet reached out and *touched* him. And so the mild-mannered real-estate mogul became the world's unfiltered Id.

Maybe there's a part of Trump's brain that's Planet Rugby. Santa's Bassoon.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:56 pm
Posts: 9475
I don't know about any of that. What I do know is, based on whatshername's devastating testimony yesterday, Trump will be impeached for something to do with Human Resources.

He beat the Mueller Team. He beat the Clinton Team. But he couldn't beat the People Team.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17348
Santa wrote:
I don't know about any of that. What I do know is, based on whatshername's devastating testimony yesterday, Trump will be impeached for something to do with Human Resources.

He beat the Mueller Team. He beat the Clinton Team. But he couldn't beat the People Team.


Seneca warned you of the dangers of mixing coke and alcohol, but you wouldn't listen.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:56 pm
Posts: 9475
Some key excerpts from her testimony:

Question (paraphrased): Are you aware of any criminal activity by the President?

Response: No.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15361
Santa wrote:
Some key excerpts from her testimony:

Question (paraphrased): Are you aware of any criminal activity by the President?

Response: No.

Leave the coruscating legal analysis to Zzzzzz, at least he has the terminology to give himself the veneer of intelligence.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:56 pm
Posts: 9475
Jesus has anyone watched this testimony?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6784
Kiwias wrote:
kiwinoz wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
kiwinoz wrote:
As Democrats cheer that Stone gets time for lying expect that this precedent will be used for the likes of Clapper, Comey and Brennan and all the others.


Nice editing of Trump's full tweet?

Quote:
“So they now convict Roger Stone of lying and want to jail him for many years to come. Well, what about Crooked Hillary, Comey, Strzok, Page, McCabe, Brennan, Clapper, Shifty Schiff, Ohr & Nellie, Steele & all of the others, including even Mueller himself? Didn’t they lie?”


Not on Twitter but looking forward to justice's scales balancing up.


Remind me again of how many times HRC was investigated for Benghazi and how many lies the Republicans came up with.


Lies like these?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17348
Classic whataboutery. :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 40628
kiwinoz wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
Remind me again of how many times HRC was investigated for Benghazi and how many lies the Republicans came up with.


Lies like these?


Quote:
Judicial Watch: New Benghazi Emails Confirm Clinton Email Cover-Up

October 23, 2019 Baxter Dmitry News, US 3
Judicial Watch released new emails Monday involving Hillary Clinton and the Benghazi controversy that should have been relesed in 2014.

Judicial Watch, the team of tenacious lawyers hell-bent at getting at the truth, released new emails Monday involving Hillary Clinton and the Benghazi controversy that had been “covered up” by the State Department for years.


I thought getting at the truth is what drove Y'all Gowdy and the 8 or 9 investigations into Benghazi so I am delighted to have it confirmed that he was f**king useless at his job.

I just noticed that you had quoted News Punch, which MediaBias/FactChecker rated as:

Quote:
Overall, we rate News Punch a Questionable source based on extreme right wing bias and promotion of tin foil hat conspiracies. This website has zero credibility due to routine publishing of fake news


Last edited by Kiwias on Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:56 pm
Posts: 9475
I liked this one:

"There are a number of events that you are investigating to which I cannot bring first hand knowledge".

Not shit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:56 pm
Posts: 9475
Do unto others as they have done unto you
But what in the hell is this world coming to?

Blow the universe into nothingness
The Culture warfare shall lay us to rest

Fight whataboutery with whataboutery
Ending is near
Fight whataboutery with whataboutery
Bursting with fear
We shall die


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:56 pm
Posts: 9475
So here we have it.

The Democrats have paraded a bunch of 'witnesses' none of whom have first hand knowledge of either the call or any discussion around the call. And on the other side Schiff has denied Republican witness requests, including the f.ucking whistle blower, on the grounds of irrelevance.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:59 pm
Posts: 2603
Santa wrote:
So here we have it.

The Democrats have paraded a bunch of 'witnesses' none of whom have first hand knowledge of either the call or any discussion around the call. And on the other side Schiff has denied Republican witness requests, including the f.ucking whistle blower, on the grounds of irrelevance.

You have to remember, this is only a hearing. Schiff will eventually turn his findings over to the House Judiciary Committee, which will begin the formal process of determining whether to draw up articles of impeachment. There'll be plenty of opportunity for more outrage later, if the Clinton impeachment is anything to go by, however it gets more like a trial.

Clinton got a much rougher ride. Kenneth Starr [acting in the role of the Intelligence Committee here] spent four years investigating the president, using hearings that were not open to the public, the president, or Congress. But of course that's whataboutery too.

https://judiciary.house.gov/news/press-releases/chairman-nadler-statement-judiciary-committee-impeachment-procedures


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1908
THE DON wrote:
“ Well, what about Crooked Hillary... ?”


if he really wants to lock her up he should hire her...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5688
Location: Front and centre.
Santa wrote:
So here we have it.

The Democrats have paraded a bunch of 'witnesses' none of whom have first hand knowledge of either the call or any discussion around the call. And on the other side Schiff has denied Republican witness requests, including the f.ucking whistle blower, on the grounds of irrelevance.


“Do not go gentle into that goodnight...”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:59 pm
Posts: 2603
Santa wrote:
Do unto others as they have done unto you

Excellent! Reversing the meaning of an aphorism with a few deftly replaced words. :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107041 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2414, 2415, 2416, 2417, 2418, 2419, 2420 ... 2677  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: A5D5E5, Clogs, crouchy, Edinburgh01, Google Adsense [Bot], Leinster in London, RuggaBugga, terangi48, Zakar and 32 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group