Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:34 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2415, 2416, 2417, 2418, 2419, 2420, 2421 ... 2687  Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:22 pm 

6.Jones wrote:
Santa wrote:
Do unto others as they have done unto you

Excellent! Reversing the meaning of an aphorism with a few deftly replaced words. :thumbup:

James Hetfield is a misunderestimated lyricist.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:25 pm 

6.Jones wrote:
Santa wrote:
So here we have it.

The Democrats have paraded a bunch of 'witnesses' none of whom have first hand knowledge of either the call or any discussion around the call. And on the other side Schiff has denied Republican witness requests, including the f.ucking whistle blower, on the grounds of irrelevance.

You have to remember, this is only a hearing. Schiff will eventually turn his findings over to the House Judiciary Committee, which will begin the formal process of determining whether to draw up articles of impeachment. There'll be plenty of opportunity for more outrage later, if the Clinton impeachment is anything to go by, however it gets more like a trial.

Clinton got a much rougher ride. Kenneth Starr [acting in the role of the Intelligence Committee here] spent four years investigating the president, using hearings that were not open to the public, the president, or Congress. But of course that's whataboutery too.

https://judiciary.house.gov/news/press-releases/chairman-nadler-statement-judiciary-committee-impeachment-procedures

Trump has already had his Special Counsel investigation. This is really just a continuation of that. And Starr's antics are the reason the Independent Counsel regs were dropped, though Mueller manage to reinstate them in some measure through his actions even if not in law.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:27 pm 

Sefton wrote:
Santa wrote:
Some key excerpts from her testimony:

Question (paraphrased): Are you aware of any criminal activity by the President?

Response: No.

Leave the coruscating legal analysis to Zzzzzz, at least he has the terminology to give himself the veneer of intelligence.

Genuine city lawyer critiqued by a wood work teacher. Wonderful.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:30 pm 

bimboman wrote:
Sefton wrote:
Santa wrote:

Question (paraphrased): Are you aware of any criminal activity by the President?

Leave the coruscating legal analysis to Zzzzzz, at least he has the terminology to give himself the veneer of intelligence.

Lolz. It's not even a matter of legal analysis. It's what she said (she said No) in response to the question of whether she had any information about criminal activity by the President.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:33 pm 

bimboman wrote:
Sefton wrote:
Santa wrote:

Oooh, look out Seft - you’re being chased around the bored by a disingenuous no-mark!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:38 pm 

Short Man Syndrome wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Sefton wrote:
Santa wrote:

Oooh, look out Seft - you’re being chased around the bored by a disingenuous no-mark!

A no mark you feel compelled to amplify.....

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:45 pm 

Santa wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Sefton wrote:
Santa wrote:

Lolz. It's not even a matter of legal analysis. It's what she said (she said No) in response to the question of whether she had any information about criminal activity by the President.

Yeah I know, I was just laughing at the comment about an obviously intellectually bright and educated poster using terminology as a veneer.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:48 pm 

bimboman wrote:
Sefton wrote:
Santa wrote:

Oh no, he called me a woodwork teacher, whatever will I do. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:51 pm 

Are you amazed that Wikipedia got it spot on for a change?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:52 pm 

Anyone looking for first hand accounts of the POTUS committing this crime need only listen to the POTUS and his chief of stuff

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:55 pm 

Seneca of the Night wrote:
Sharpen your lathe, brooding, seething?

It took me three years to chisel a photo frame at school, I’m not even allowed to cross the threshold of the DT department.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:54 pm 

Santa wrote:
6.Jones wrote:
Santa wrote:
Do unto others as they have done unto you

Excellent! Reversing the meaning of an aphorism with a few deftly replaced words. :thumbup:

James Hetfield is a misunderestimated lyricist.

:thumbup: love it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:03 pm 

kiwinoz wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
kiwinoz wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
kiwinoz wrote:
As Democrats cheer that Stone gets time for lying expect that this precedent will be used for the likes of Clapper, Comey and Brennan and all the others.

Nice editing of Trump's full tweet?

Quote:
“So they now convict Roger Stone of lying and want to jail him for many years to come. Well, what about Crooked Hillary, Comey, Strzok, Page, McCabe, Brennan, Clapper, Shifty Schiff, Ohr & Nellie, Steele & all of the others, including even Mueller himself? Didn’t they lie?”

Not on Twitter but looking forward to justice's scales balancing up.

Remind me again of how many times HRC was investigated for Benghazi and how many lies the Republicans came up with.

Lies like these?

More pizzagate level of investigation?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:19 pm 

Laurent wrote:

Consider this. Comet Ping Pong Pizza did exist, and that was really its name. It sold pizza, consistent with the QAnon story. It still does all those things. There was a paedophile ring. Therefore it must still exist, and be where QAnon says it is. The lack of any meaningful state action is just more evidence of a deep state.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:22 pm 

Fascinating review here of a play that I could have dumped on the Culture Wars thread, but is part of the reverberating effect of Trump on the culture. I wish I'd written this myself, but I expect this will become a film before long: A conservative big chill:

Quote:
Will Arbery’s riveting off-Broadway play, Heroes of the Fourth Turning, dramatizes an even more obscure group, a forgotten sub-category within “the forgotten” — a group Rod Dreher, whose influence weighs heavily on the play, might call “Crunchy Conservatives.”

Far from the sector which Trump Apologists typically describe (Americans who wear Carhartt unironically, guzzle Mountain Dew, and live in regions ravaged by opioids), Crunchy Conservatives might be found making their own organic oat milk or reading Aristotle to their children in a “screen-free” homeschool co-op. They come from well-off families with vague political connections. They have liberal-arts degrees from fancy colleges and give their children names like Dietrich von Hildebrand or Simone Weil. They’ve lived in the major urban centers — Boston, Manhattan, and D.C. — working for name-brand consulting groups or law firms before retreating back to places like Kansas City or Cincinnati to settle and raise families.

And yes, they may plug their noses to do so, but they’re voting for Trump.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/11/ ... ervatives/

I read comments sections on websites where these kind of people post, and they are by far the most interesting people in America atm. Farmers with classics or physics degrees who have spent time living in Brooklyn. Their takes on the American condition and predicament are insightful, nuanced, and mostly pretty pessimistic.

Sounds like me, except for the Trump bit.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:41 pm 

6.Jones wrote:
Laurent wrote:

Consider this. Comet Ping Pong Pizza did exist, and that was really its name. It sold pizza, consistent with the QAnon story. It still does all those things. There was a paedophile ring. Therefore it must still exist, and be where QAnon says it is. The lack of any meaningful state action is just more evidence of a deep state.

I idea that elites would run a paedophile ring out of a suburban pizza parlour is quite literally the dumbest thing I ever heard.

They flew by private jet to an island in the Bahamas owned by a shadowy billionaire.

Do you mean this guy?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:53 pm 

6.Jones wrote:
Fascinating review here of a play that I could have dumped on the Culture Wars thread, but is part of the reverberating effect of Trump on the culture. I wish I'd written this myself, but I expect this will become a film before long: A conservative big chill:

Quote:
Will Arbery’s riveting off-Broadway play, Heroes of the Fourth Turning, dramatizes an even more obscure group, a forgotten sub-category within “the forgotten” — a group Rod Dreher, whose influence weighs heavily on the play, might call “Crunchy Conservatives.”

Far from the sector which Trump Apologists typically describe (Americans who wear Carhartt unironically, guzzle Mountain Dew, and live in regions ravaged by opioids), Crunchy Conservatives might be found making their own organic oat milk or reading Aristotle to their children in a “screen-free” homeschool co-op. They come from well-off families with vague political connections. They have liberal-arts degrees from fancy colleges and give their children names like Dietrich von Hildebrand or Simone Weil. They’ve lived in the major urban centers — Boston, Manhattan, and D.C. — working for name-brand consulting groups or law firms before retreating back to places like Kansas City or Cincinnati to settle and raise families.

And yes, they may plug their noses to do so, but they’re voting for Trump.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/11/ ... ervatives/

I read comments sections on websites where these kind of people post, and they are by far the most interesting people in America atm. Farmers with classics or physics degrees who have spent time living in Brooklyn. Their takes on the American condition and predicament are insightful, nuanced, and mostly pretty pessimistic.

If you were American, you would pull the lever for Trump. The alternatives stacked up against these so-called crunchy conservatives are too dire. That's kind of the point.

Not really.

I can sort of see a purpose in voting for Trump if your objective is the collapse of the American political system and the dismantling of the West as a global entity, which I would guess is probably where you stand.

The old adage is that it's better to have someone on the inside of the tent pissing out than it is to him on the outside pissing in. With Trump, they've got someone on the inside pissing all over the floor.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:54 pm 

My goodness that Epstein fella is half man, half horse.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:18 pm 

Rinkals wrote:
6.Jones wrote:

If you were American, you would pull the lever for Trump. The alternatives stacked up against these so-called crunchy conservatives are too dire. That's kind of the point.

Not really.

I can sort of see a purpose in voting for Trump if your objective is the collapse of the American political system and the dismantling of the West as a global entity, which I would guess is probably where you stand.

The old adage is that it's better to have someone on the inside of the tent pissing out than it is to him on the outside pissing in. With Trump, they've got someone on the inside pissing all over the floor.

Go away you dumb shit.

:P

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:01 pm 

After meeting with Trump and Erdogan...Lindsey Graham decides to block his fellow Senators from voting on an Amendment that would officially recognize the Armenian genocide which shamefully the USA has never done. "America first!" Unless Erdogan tells Trump to gargle his balls while Lindsey strokes the shaft

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.yahoo ... 32619.html

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:22 pm 

Jonathan Turley's view

Quote:
After all of the atmospherics and personalities, that may be the question given to the Senate for a trial in 2020. It comes down to timelines that both parties seemed eager to construct. Despite their different points of emphasis, we now have a clearer picture on a couple of points. House Democrats succeeded in presenting a compelling case that a quid pro quo was conveyed to various American players. However, it also seems clear that it was not conveyed to the Ukrainians until a few days before American military aid was actually released by the White House.

Quote:
The references to the Biden investigation, in contrast, do raise legitimate questions for Congress. But this would be a stronger case if Trump was demanding a particular result or criminal charge from any investigation. The United States had previously asked for such investigations, and George Kent considered the Hunter Biden contract to be serious enough to raise at the State Department and directly with the office of Vice President Biden at the time. If one concludes that the Hunter Biden contract was indeed corrupt influence peddling, then the demand for an investigation takes on a slightly different cast, even if many of us view that demand as inappropriate, given its focus on a political rival.

It also would be a stronger case if American aid had been withheld until Ukrainian fulfillment of any preconditions. Instead, less than two weeks after raising the matter, the aid was released. Democrats raise a good point that the aid was released 48 hours after the intelligence community inspector general referred a whistleblower complaint to Congress, and the White House knew the issue would blow up in. However, we still do not know if the aid would have continued to be withheld if the Ukrainians failed to meet the alleged demand by Trump for investigations.

That conjectural element would create a dangerously low standard for impeachment. Transcripts of presidential conversations, from Lyndon Johnson to Ronald Reagan to Barack Obama, would indeed likely show discussions of political considerations with heads of state. Impeaching a president over asking for investigations into alleged corruption would expose future presidents to similar scrutiny. The timing or substance of actions by other countries often benefit presidents. When would such conversations be subject to review and possible impeachment?

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/4 ... t-hearings

SO what do you reckon? One of those bribes where the bribee doesn't know they're being bribed? Interestingly Turley agrees with my earlier point that if any other President was subject to this kind of activity they might find themselves in a bogus impeachment too.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:23 pm 

houtkabouter wrote:
6.Jones wrote:
Laurent wrote:

I idea that elites would run a paedophile ring out of a suburban pizza parlour is quite literally the dumbest thing I ever heard.

They flew by private jet to an island in the Bahamas owned by a shadowy billionaire.

Do you mean this guy?

Trump doesn´t really know him, only met him once, but doesn´t remember it, and has photos with lots of people.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:46 pm 

chicharino wrote:
After meeting with Trump and Erdogan...Lindsey Graham decides to block his fellow Senators from voting on an Amendment that would officially recognize the Armenian genocide which shamefully the USA has never done. "America first!" Unless Erdogan tells Trump to gargle his balls while Lindsey strokes the shaft

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.yahoo ... 32619.html

Trump has the photos

Linds really should just come out, it is 2019 - only Mike Pence gives a shit anymore

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:23 pm 

bimboman wrote:
Sefton wrote:
Santa wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:39 pm 

Santa wrote:
So here we have it.

The Democrats have paraded a bunch of 'witnesses' none of whom have first hand knowledge of either the call or any discussion around the call. And on the other side Schiff has denied Republican witness requests, including the f.ucking whistle blower, on the grounds of irrelevance.

If you want to.hear evidence from first hand sources then you might want to get the White House to stop blocking them from giving evidence on spurious grounds.

And, given that the initial transcript released by the White House effectively confirmed the Whistelblower's report to the IG, it's genuinely hard to see what relevance that has to a genuine enquiry. But it has plenty if relevance to any party that wants to try a target the messenger rather than the message.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:25 am 

Saint wrote:
Santa wrote:
So here we have it.

If you want to.hear evidence from first hand sources then you might want to get the White House to stop blocking them from giving evidence on spurious grounds.

And, given that the initial transcript released by the White House effectively confirmed the Whistelblower's report to the IG, it's genuinely hard to see what relevance that has to a genuine enquiry. But it has plenty if relevance to any party that wants to try a target the messenger rather than the message.

There goes another straw that Santa and the Trump apologists were grasping at: https://www.rawstory.com/2019/11/trumps ... witnesses/

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:17 am 

Kiwias wrote:
kiwinoz wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
Remind me again of how many times HRC was investigated for Benghazi and how many lies the Republicans came up with.

Lies like these?

Quote:
Judicial Watch: New Benghazi Emails Confirm Clinton Email Cover-Up

October 23, 2019 Baxter Dmitry News, US 3
Judicial Watch released new emails Monday involving Hillary Clinton and the Benghazi controversy that should have been relesed in 2014.

Judicial Watch, the team of tenacious lawyers hell-bent at getting at the truth, released new emails Monday involving Hillary Clinton and the Benghazi controversy that had been “covered up” by the State Department for years.

I thought getting at the truth is what drove Y'all Gowdy and the 8 or 9 investigations into Benghazi so I am delighted to have it confirmed that he was f**king useless at his job.

I just noticed that you had quoted News Punch, which MediaBias/FactChecker rated as:

Quote:
Overall, we rate News Punch a Questionable source based on extreme right wing bias and promotion of tin foil hat conspiracies. This website has zero credibility due to routine publishing of fake news

Ok so heres the actual press release from JW. 0 to 100% credibility in one click ;)

As for the investigations if you have a successful cover-up by the State Department and a refusal to hand over evidence then yes investigations will fail. But also confirms your bias in that the evidence of the cover up is ignored.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:21 am 

obelixtim wrote:
houtkabouter wrote:
6.Jones wrote:
Laurent wrote:

Do you mean this guy?

Trump doesn´t really know him, only met him once, but doesn´t remember it, and has photos with lots of people.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-07- ... stein-case
Quote:
And what about Trump?

Following a 2018 financial settlement between Florida attorney Bradley Edwards - who represented one of Epstein's accusers, only to be later sued by Epstein, Edwards claimed that Donald Trump was the 'only person' who provided assistance when Edwards served subpoenas and notices to high-profile individuals connected to Epstein.

Edwards: The only thing that I can say about President Trump is that he is the only person who, in 2009 when I served a lot of subpoenas on a lot of people, or at least gave notice to some pretty connected people, that I want to talk to them, is the only person who picked up the phone and said, let’s just talk. I’ll give you as much time as you want. I’ll tell you what you need to know, and was very helpful, in the information that he gave, and gave no indication whatsoever that he was involved in anything untoward whatsoever, but had good information. That checked out and that helped us and we didn’t have to take a deposition of him in 2009.

So Trump was the only one to help the victims in 2009? Bad orange Man

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:05 am 

Saint wrote:
Santa wrote:
So here we have it.

I can't remember where I heard it; but I seem to remember some super authoritative source once saying that only guilty people plead the 5th ?

By that same guide; I can only assume that anyone who refused to give testimony under oath, is guilty ??

Should we ask the Russians to get their e-mails to be sure ???

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:33 am 

kiwinoz wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
kiwinoz wrote:
Kiwias wrote:

Lies like these?

Quote:

Judicial Watch released new emails Monday involving Hillary Clinton and the Benghazi controversy that should have been relesed in 2014.

Judicial Watch, the team of tenacious lawyers hell-bent at getting at the truth, released new emails Monday involving Hillary Clinton and the Benghazi controversy that had been “covered up” by the State Department for years.

I thought getting at the truth is what drove Y'all Gowdy and the 8 or 9 investigations into Benghazi so I am delighted to have it confirmed that he was f**king useless at his job.

I just noticed that you had quoted News Punch, which MediaBias/FactChecker rated as:

Quote:
Overall, we rate News Punch a Questionable source based on extreme right wing bias and promotion of tin foil hat conspiracies. This website has zero credibility due to routine publishing of fake news

Ok so heres the actual press release from JW. 0 to 100% credibility in one click ;)

As for the investigations if you have a successful cover-up by the State Department and a refusal to hand over evidence then yes investigations will fail. But also confirms your bias in that the evidence of the cover up is ignored.

We obviously need a 10th or 11th or 12th investigation. Call back Gowdy from his pig farm. The bolded part is clearly Trump's MO.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:45 am 

Did someone say witch hunt?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:17 am 

Dana White complaining about Trump attending UFC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:18 am 

kiwinoz wrote:

He comes across as a WLB.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:20 am 

Kiwias wrote:
kiwinoz wrote:

As a what? Cant get Russian agent out of that.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:28 am 

kiwinoz wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
kiwinoz wrote:

Whining little bitch, and I mean Dana White.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:17 am 

Kiwias wrote:
kiwinoz wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
kiwinoz wrote:

Whining little bitch, and I mean Dana White.

Really? How did you get that? Did the first 5 mins where he explains how Trump got UFC going get you triggered?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:26 am 

kiwinoz wrote:
Really? How did you get that? Did the first 5 mins where he explains how Trump got UFC going get you triggered?

I really don't give two shits about Dana White but his story just sounded like a whine.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:35 am 

Kiwias wrote:
kiwinoz wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
kiwinoz wrote:
Kiwias wrote:

Lies like these?

Quote:

Quote:

We obviously need a 10th or 11th or 12th investigation. Call back Gowdy from his pig farm. The bolded part is clearly Trump's MO.

But Hillary...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:36 am 

Witch hunt!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:47 am 

Floppykid wrote:
Roger Stone finally gets his. :smug:

As a matter of interest, what is the process behind a Presidential Pardon?

Can Trump say "you are hereby pardoned"? or does he have to put in an application?

Does Stone qualify for a pardon?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2415, 2416, 2417, 2418, 2419, 2420, 2421 ... 2687  Next