POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

All things Rugby
User avatar
EverReady
Posts: 31072
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by EverReady »

:lol:
Santa
Posts: 10407
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:56 pm

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Santa »

I don't know. We've had a whole special counsel investigation based on a more stupid premise than Hunter Biden's activities in Ukraine.
Jay Cee Gee
Posts: 17697
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Jay Cee Gee »

Whitewater?

Cause you shouldn't be referring to Mueller.
Santa
Posts: 10407
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:56 pm

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Santa »

Jay Cee Gee wrote:Whitewater?

Cause you shouldn't be referring to Mueller.
Rokay. :roll:
Jay Cee Gee
Posts: 17697
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Jay Cee Gee »

Santa wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:Whitewater?

Cause you shouldn't be referring to Mueller.
Rokay. :roll:
You think the potential Russian interference in an election was a less valid basis than Hunter Biden potentially taking some kickbacks?
Santa
Posts: 10407
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:56 pm

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Santa »

Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Santa wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:Whitewater?

Cause you shouldn't be referring to Mueller.
Rokay. :roll:
You think the potential Russian interference in an election was a less valid basis than Hunter Biden potentially taking some kickbacks?
A common misrepresentation. Mueller was hired to investigate the Trump campaign. Its in the appointment letter. A special counsel was not needed to look generally at Russian interference.

I would expect monitoring Russian interference to be the FBI's day job. Again, not requiring a special counsel.
User avatar
kiwinoz
Posts: 6904
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by kiwinoz »

6.Jones wrote:I don't mean to sound sceptical of the Biden allegations. I don't care much either way. I don't like Trump, but the Democrats are just another centre-right party, so meh.

But I'm fascinated by the process. Are these rumours that have bubbled up out of the dark web, or is there evidence?

If there's evidence, why has State said there is none? Is it a deep state conspiracy at work in the open?

If the evidence is Hunter's $50k a month from being on the board of Burisma, surely if there's a global aid scam going on then they'd find a better way to launder the money that putting the beneficiary's son on the board? That seems like plain old influence peddling to me, and while distasteful, it's perfectly legal.

Does anyone know of any real facts, or is it all smoke and mirrors?
https://johnsolomonreports.com/respondi ... the-facts/
text but need link to go to sources quoted to back each fact: show
[quote]And so Lt. Col. Vindman, here are the 28 primary factual elements in my Ukraine columns, complete with attribution and links to sourcing. Please tell me which, if any, was factually wrong.

Fact 1: Hunter Biden was hired in May 2014 by Burisma Holdings, a Ukrainian natural gas company, at a time when his father Joe Biden was Vice President and overseeing US-Ukraine Policy. Here is the announcement. Hunter Biden’s hiring came just a few short weeks after Joe Biden urged Ukraine to expand natural gas production and use Americans to help. You can read his comments to the Ukrainian prime minister here. Hunter Biden’s firm then began receiving monthly payments totaling $166,666. You can see those payments here.

Fact 2: Burisma was under investigation by British authorities for corruption and soon came under investigation by Ukrainian authorities led by Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin.

Fact 3: Vice President Joe Biden and his office were alerted by a December 2015 New York Times article that Shokin’s office was investigating Burisma and that Hunter Biden’s role at the company was undercutting his father’s anticorruption efforts in Ukraine.

Fact 4: The Biden-Burisma issue created the appearance of a conflict of interest, especially for State Department officials. I especially refer you to State official George Kent’s testimony here. He testified he viewed Burisma as corrupt and the Bidens as creating the perception of a conflict of interest. His concerns both caused him to contact the vice president’s office and to block a project that State’s USAID agency was planning with Burisma in 2016. In addition, Ambassador Yovanovitch testified she, too, saw the Bidens-Burisma connection as creating the appearance of a conflict of interest. You can read her testimony here.

Fact 5: The Obama White House invited Shokin’s prosecutorial team to Washington for meetings in January 2016 to discuss their anticorruption investigations. You can read about that here. Also, here is the official agenda for that meeting in Ukraine and English. I call your attention to the NSC organizer of the meeting.

Fact 6: The Ukraine investigation of Hunter Biden’s employer, Burisma Holdings, escalated in February 2016 when Shokin’s office raided the home of company owner Mykola Zlochevsky and seized his property. Here is the announcement of that court-approved raid.

Fact 7: Shokin was making plans in February 2016 to interview Hunter Biden as part of his investigation. You can read his interview with me here, his sworn deposition to a court here and his interview with ABC News here.

Fact 8: Burisma’s American representatives lobbied the State Department in late February 2016 to help end the corruption allegations against the company, and specifically invoked Hunter Biden’s name as a reason to intervene. You can read State officials’ account of that effort here

Fact 9: Joe Biden boasted in a 2018 videotape that he forced Ukraine’s president to fire Shokin in March 2016 by threatening to withhold $1 billion in U.S. aid. You can view his videotape here.

Fact 10: Shokin stated in interviews with me and ABC News that he was told he was fired because Joe Biden was unhappy the Burisma investigation wasn’t shut down. He made that claim anew in this sworn deposition prepared for a court in Europe. You can read that here.

Fact 11: The day Shokin’s firing was announced in March 2016, Burisma’s legal representatives sought an immediate meeting with his temporary replacement to address the ongoing investigation. You can read the text of their emails here.

Fact 12: Burisma’s legal representatives secured that meeting April 6, 2016 and told Ukrainian prosecutors that “false information” had been spread to justify Shokin’s firing, according to a Ukrainian government memo about the meeting. The representatives also offered to arrange for the remaining Ukrainian prosecutors to meet with U.S State and Justice officials. You can read the Ukrainian prosecutors’ summary memo of the meeting here and here and the Burisma lawyers’ invite to Washington here.

Fact 13: Burisma officials eventually settled the Ukraine investigations in late 2016 and early 2017, paying a multimillion dollar fine for tax issues. You can read their lawyer’s February 2017 announcement of the end of the investigations here.

Fact 14: In March 2019, Ukraine authorities reopened an investigation against Burisma and Zlochevsky based on new evidence of money laundering. You can read NABU’s February 2019 recommendation to re-open the case here, the March 2019 notice of suspicion by Ukraine prosecutors here and a May 2019 interview here with a Ukrainian senior law enforcement official stating the investigation was ongoing. And here is an announcement this week that the Zlochevsky/Burisma probe has been expanded to include allegations of theft of Ukrainian state funds.

Fact 15: The Ukraine embassy in Washington issued a statement in April 2019 admitting that a Democratic National Committee contractor named Alexandra Chalupa solicited Ukrainian officials in spring 2016 for dirt on Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort in hopes of staging a congressional hearing close to the 2016 election that would damage Trump’s election chances. You can read the embassy’s statement here and here. Your colleague, Dr. Fiona Hill, confirmed this episode, testifying “Ukraine bet on the wrong horse. They bet on Hillary Clinton winning.” You can read her testimony here.

Fact 16: Chalupa sent an email to top DNC officials in May 2016 acknowledging she was working on the Manafort issue. You can read the email here.

Fact 17: Ukraine’s ambassador to Washington, Valeriy Chaly, wrote an OpEd in The Hill in August 2016 slamming GOP nominee Donald Trump for his policies on Russia despite a Geneva Convention requirement that ambassadors not become embroiled in the internal affairs or elections of their host countries. You can read Ambassador Chaly’s OpEd here and the Geneva Convention rules of conduct for foreign diplomats here. And your colleagues Ambassador Yovanovitch and Dr. Hill both confirmed this, with Dr. Hill testifying this week that Chaly’s OpEd was “probably not the most advisable thing to do.”

Fact 18: A Ukrainian district court ruled in December 2018 that the summer 2016 release of information by Ukrainian Parliamentary member Sergey Leschenko and NABU director Artem Sytnyk about an ongoing investigation of Manafort amounted to an improper interference by Ukraine’s government in the 2016 U.S. election. You can read the court ruling here. Leschenko and Sytnyk deny the allegations, and have won an appeal to suspend that ruling on a jurisdictional technicality.

Fact 19: George Soros’ Open Society Foundation issued a memo in February 2016 on its strategy for Ukraine, identifying the nonprofit Anti-Corruption Action Centre as the lead for its efforts. You can read the memo here.

Fact 20: The State Department and Soros’ foundation jointly funded the Anti-Corruption Action Centre. You can read about that funding here from the Centre’s own funding records and George Kent’s testimony about it here.

Fact 21: In April 2016, US embassy charge d’affaires George Kent sent a letter to the Ukrainian prosecutor general’s office demanding that Ukrainian prosecutors stand down a series of investigations into how Ukrainian nonprofits spent U.S. aid dollars, including the Anti-Corruption Actions Centre. You can read that letter here. Kent testified he signed the letter here.

Fact 22: Then-Ukraine Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko said in a televised interview with me that Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch during a 2016 meeting provided the lists of names of Ukrainian nationals and groups she did want to see prosecuted. You can see I accurately quoted him by watching the video here.

Fact 23: Ambassador Yovanovitch and her embassy denied Lutsenko’s claim, calling it a “fabrication.” I reported their reaction here.

Fact 24: Despite the differing accounts of what happened at the Lutsenko-Yovanovitch meeting, a senior U.S. official in an interview arranged by the State Department stated to me in spring 2019 that US officials did pressure Lutsenko’s office on several occasions not to “prosecute, investigate or harass” certain Ukrainian activists, including Parliamentary member Leschenko, journalist Vitali Shabunin, the Anti-Corruption Action Centre and NABU director Sytnyk. You can read that official’s comments here. In addition, George Kent confirmed this same information in his deposition here.

Fact 25: In May 2018, then-House Rules Committee chairman Pete Sessions sent an official congressional letter to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo asking that Yovanovitch be recalled as ambassador to Ukraine. Sessions and State confirmed the official letter, which you can read here.

Fact 26: In fall 2018, Ukrainian prosecutors, using a third party, hired an American lawyer (a former U.S. attorney) to proffer information to the U.S. government about certain activities at the U.S. embassy, involving Burisma and involving the 2016 election, that they believed might have violated U.S. law. You can read their account here. You can also confirm it independently by talking to the U.S. attorney’s office in Manhattan or the American lawyer representing the Ukrainian prosecutors’ interests.

Fact 27: In May 2016, one of George Soros’ top aides secured a meeting with the top Eurasia policy official in the State Department to discuss Russian bond issues. You can read the State memos on that meeting here.

Fact 28: In June 2016, Soros himself secured a telephonic meeting with Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland to discuss Ukraine policy. You can read the State memos on that meeting here.[/quote]
User avatar
BokJock
Posts: 5099
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:30 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by BokJock »

Seneca of the Night wrote:
6.Jones wrote:I don't mean to sound sceptical of the Biden allegations. I don't care much either way. I don't like Trump, but the Democrats are just another centre-right party, so meh.
They just aren't. The aren't.

They haven't been for some time though this Biden-Clinton-Kerry corrupt rump is the last vestige of it. They are the whackiest far left extremist pack of nutjobs anywhere on the western political scene. Many of them make Momentum look like sane 70s retreads. A deranged bunch of loons barely hanging together united by only one thing: hatred of Trump supporters. Apart from that they have their own interests and own barking mad version of socialism to bring to the table.

They hate the non-Americans posting on this thread, and the continued support from posters for this bunch of extremist ratbags is one of life's great mysteries, but like I keep saying, there will be a bridge on the river kwai moment for many when they realise holy crap, the lunatic Trump actually was our man. The only one holding back the tide from this bunch of crazies.

(important point: if the Dems truly were a centre-right [sic] party, they would have no problems beating Trump handily in all 50 states in 2020. But they are not, so will struggle to even beat the craziest President in all of history.)
Waffle
User avatar
Rinkals
Posts: 17659
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Rinkals »

Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Santa wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:Whitewater?

Cause you shouldn't be referring to Mueller.
Rokay. :roll:
You think the potential Russian interference in an election was a less valid basis than Hunter Biden potentially taking some kickbacks?
As a bye-the-bye, I see the WH is busy dismantling cyber operations, presumably in order to clear the way for Russian participation in the 2020 elections.

https://www.axios.com/scoop-cyber-memo-warns-of-new-risks-to-white-house-network-9aa19c6c-77a3-485b-919b-1dd9bd691514.html

https://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/471567-senior-dhs-cyber-official-to-step-down
User avatar
TheFrog
Posts: 11542
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by TheFrog »

Santa wrote:
piquant wrote:
6.Jones wrote:
Santa wrote:I believe that people like Mulvaney have refused to testify in the basis of executive privilege. That is a legitimatereason and is constitutionally based in the separation of powers. That basis is not available to the Bidens or probably anyone that the Republicans might call.

I might be wrong though.
That's true, but what are the Bidens being accused of?
it might be a legitimate reason to assert that Trump can block witnesses from testifying, but it probably isn't, certainly not on a blanket basis. it's a bit of a mess tbh as it's not clear, and there are at various points competing demands and points of law.
It's not a blanket basis and it is absolutely a legitimate basis for blocking testimony. Exerting executive privilege as a doctrine, and in order to resist subpoenas, has been broadly upheld by the Supreme Court. They dont want to get into a fight about drawing the limits of executive privilege.
Response on Dec 10.
piquant
Posts: 8974
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:01 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by piquant »

EverReady wrote:Considering they are willing to kill Epstein why didn't Conservatives plant WMD's in Iraq. That is the real question
They did, they 'sold' truck loads of them to Iraq. It just turns out Saddam had used them all in the pursuit of civil stability and didn't want to admit to such
Santa
Posts: 10407
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:56 pm

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Santa »

This is a complete surprise I must say. Whoever could have seen this coming.
New public opinion polls are moving against Democrats on impeachment as independents sour on the House inquiry and increasingly express opposition to the hearings that have consumed Washington in recent weeks.

The new data comes as a surprise to Democrats, many of whom believe witnesses have offered damning testimony about President Trump’s dealings with Ukraine.

Witnesses have testified that Trump pressed Ukraine’s leaders to conduct investigations of the energy company Burisma Holdings — which was seen as code for probes of former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden, given the younger Biden’s work for the company as a board member.

There has also been testimony that security aid for Ukraine was delayed to put more pressure on that country’s government. Other witnesses have castigated Trump for pursuing conspiracy theories that Ukraine and not Russia was a major player in electoral interference in 2016.

An impeachment vote in the House seems inevitable, but it does not appear that any GOP lawmakers will back an article of impeachment. And it remains to be seen whether voters will support the Democratic action or punish the party for going forward with impeachment.

“There’s always a disconnect between Washington and what people are thinking out in the states,” said Dick Harpootlian, the former chairman of the South Carolina Democratic Party and a surrogate for former Joe Biden’s presidential campaign.

And Democrats have some worries about impeachment fatigue.

“After three years, the country was sick of hearing about Russia, and now the average American either doesn’t understand or doesn’t care about the case we’re making on Ukraine,” said one Democratic fundraiser.

According to the FiveThirtyEight average of national polls, support for impeachment has shrunk from 50.3 percent in mid-October to 46.3 percent presently, while opposition has risen from 43.8 percent to 45.6 percent.

Among independents in the FiveThirtyEight average, support for impeachment topped out at 47.7 percent in late October but has sunk to 41 percent over the past three weeks.

YouGov is among the polls registering that decline, with independent support for impeachment dropping from 39 percent earlier this month to 35 percent now and opposition increasing from 35 percent to 40 percent.

An Emerson University survey found an even more extreme flip among independents.

In October, independents supported impeachment 48 percent to 35 percent in Emerson’s polling. In the new poll released this week, independents opposed it by a 49 percent to 34 percent margin. In that time, overall support for impeaching Trump swung from 48 percent in favor and 44 percent against to 45 percent in opposition to impeachment and 43 percent in favor.

The latest Morning Consult survey was the third poll released this week to register a flip among independents. That survey also registered a new low among all voters in favor of impeachment at 48 percent.

But perhaps most alarming for Democrats is a new survey of Wisconsin from Marquette University. In Wisconsin, a key swing state in next year’s election, Marquette found that 40 percent supported impeaching Trump and removing him from office, while 53 percent opposed it. In October, before the hearings began, support was at 44 percent and opposition was at 51 percent.

The Marquette survey found Trump leading in Wisconsin against three top Democratic challengers after trailing all of them in the previous poll.

Support for impeachment among Republicans and independents in the survey was mostly steady, but support among Democrats dropped by 7 points.

Marquette pollster Charles Franklin described the shift as modest and said it could be driven by voters viewing impeachment as an extreme measure. Franklin said that when former Gov. Scott Walker (R) was being recalled in Wisconsin, even some Democrats who despised Walker were conflicted about the recall effort and viewed it as an overreach.

“It was surprising to find that Democrats are a little less supportive of impeachment now. They appear a little less unified in their opposition,” Franklin said. “It moves the race from being a small Democratic lead that was mostly inside the margin of error to a small Trump lead that is mostly inside the margin of error and basically reaffirms Wisconsin’s status as a battleground state.”

The Marquette survey follows a New York Times–Siena College poll that found majorities in the key swing states of Michigan, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Arizona and Florida oppose removing the president from office through impeachment. Majorities or pluralities do support an investigation of Trump, however.

“All of these numbers are consistent with other trends that suggest Democrats are losing the impeachment debate, particularly in swing states and districts,” said Chris Wilson, a GOP pollster and president of WPA Intelligence.

“If the hearings have eroded support even slightly, and the national data suggests that, then this Marquette poll is completely in line with an emerging picture where impeachment is actually helping the president in key swing states,” he added.

Many Democrats are unmoved by the new data, believing that they’re doing the right thing and that impeachment will not be their core message heading into the general election anyway. On the campaign trail, the 2020 Democratic White House hopefuls rarely talk about or get asked about impeachment.

Democratic strategist Andrew Feldman pointed to recent elections in Kentucky and Louisiana, two deep-red states where Democrats won contested gubernatorial contests this month, as evidence their economic message is breaking through.

“This is an inside the Beltway conversation that’s dominating news here in Washington but I don’t put much weight in these polls because it’s not what we’re talking about in the communities where real people are concerned about health care, economic inequality and student debt,” Feldman said. “If we lose focus of those issues, we’ll be in trouble, but until then, I’m confident people understand what’s at stake and which party is working to make their lives better.”

But Republicans are crowing, believing that Democrats have made a massive miscalculation on impeachment.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) initially resisted calls for impeachment, worried that it might cost the party hard-won seats in districts that Trump carried in 2016.

“Pelosi didn’t want to do this. ... If you are one of those 31 Democrats running in Trump districts, you don’t want to be on the record voting for impeachment,” said one Trump campaign official.

“They are actually making the president out to be a martyr, which is not easy. American voters are a lot smarter than the Washington elites and left-stream media give them credit for. They really are. They have a pretty good BS meter, and they smell BS,” the official added.
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... -democrats
User avatar
merry!
Posts: 7174
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: emmerdale

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by merry! »

“American voters are a lot smarter than the Washington elites and left-stream media give them credit for. They really are. They have a pretty good BS meter, and they smell BS,” the official added.
the same can't be said about many here, of course.
User avatar
Kiwias
Posts: 40973
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Kiwias »

merry! wrote:
“American voters are a lot smarter than the Washington elites and left-stream media give them credit for. They really are. They have a pretty good BS meter, and they smell BS,” the official added.
the same can't be said about many here, of course.
Do you actually know that more Americans voted for HRC than for DJT in 2016?
User avatar
Fat Old Git
Posts: 20881
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: A vacant lot next to a pile of rubble

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Fat Old Git »

merry! wrote:
“American voters are a lot smarter than the Washington elites and left-stream media give them credit for. They really are. They have a pretty good BS meter, and they smell BS,” the official added.
the same can't be said about many here, of course.
And yet strangely, many believe Trump when he talks about them having the cleanest air ever, or any number of other easily disproven claims he makes on a daily basis.
User avatar
Petej
Posts: 4468
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Monmouthshire

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Petej »

Trump can't even walk down the full set of stairs (i guess risk of a fall) from airforce one anymore having to exit from the shorter staircase near the tail after his unexpected planned check up hospital visit. Not much golfing anymore either.
Last edited by Petej on Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Waratah
Posts: 4703
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Straya c**ts.

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Waratah »

Seneca of the Night wrote:
6.Jones wrote:I don't mean to sound sceptical of the Biden allegations. I don't care much either way. I don't like Trump, but the Democrats are just another centre-right party, so meh.
They just aren't. The aren't.

They haven't been for some time though this Biden-Clinton-Kerry corrupt rump is the last vestige of it. They are the whackiest far left extremist pack of nutjobs anywhere on the western political scene. Many of them make Momentum look like sane 70s retreads. A deranged bunch of loons barely hanging together united by only one thing: hatred of Trump supporters. Apart from that they have their own interests and own barking mad version of socialism to bring to the table.

They hate the non-Americans posting on this thread, and the continued support from posters for this bunch of extremist ratbags is one of life's great mysteries, but like I keep saying, there will be a bridge on the river kwai moment for many when they realise holy crap, the lunatic Trump actually was our man. The only one holding back the tide from this bunch of crazies.

(important point: if the Dems truly were a centre-right [sic] party, they would have no problems beating Trump handily in all 50 states in 2020. But they are not, so will struggle to even beat the craziest President in all of history.)
This is pitiful, even by your recent declining standards. You're not even trying any more.
User avatar
merry!
Posts: 7174
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: emmerdale

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by merry! »

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/1 ... ate-video/

Chuck Todd: You should be a witness. They may want to call you.

Adam Sciff: Well, look. If the Senate wants to call me as a witness, then they pretty much made the decision not to take this process seriously. I’m not a fact witness.
:lol: :lol:

absolutely shameless.
User avatar
Waratah
Posts: 4703
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Straya c**ts.

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Waratah »

merry! wrote:
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/1 ... ate-video/

Chuck Todd: You should be a witness. They may want to call you.

Adam Sciff: Well, look. If the Senate wants to call me as a witness, then they pretty much made the decision not to take this process seriously. I’m not a fact witness.
:lol: :lol:

absolutely shameless.
Shameless is citing the Gateway Pundit. On anything.

Schiff is correct that he's not a fact witness. You'll note he didn't say he wouldn't testify, only that it would be an indication the GOP wasn't taking it seriously. You know who would be fact witnesses, from evidence presented at the hearings? Trump, Pence, Pompeo, Bolton, & Mulvaney.

Obvious enough why Trump's lawyers won't let him testify: because they know he'd perjure himself. They said as much when they wouldn't allow him to speak to Mueller. Stone's trial evidence suggests Trump lied in his written answers anyway.

As for the rest, isn't it curious how all the witnesses who did appear at the House hearings are painted as partisan liars by the GOP, even the ones Trump appointed, but all the people who could apparently clear Trump were forbidden to appear. Now why would you forbid all those people to appear who could help your case?
User avatar
Waratah
Posts: 4703
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Straya c**ts.

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Waratah »

Well imagine that! The ranking GOP member of the House Intelligence Committee, no less.
CNN first reported Friday that Parnas wanted to testify before the House Intelligence Committee about the Vienna trip. Since then, Nunes has threatened to sue both CNN and The Daily Beast, which also reported on Parnas’ allegations.

Asked point blank during an interview Sunday whether he met with Shokin in Vienna, Nunes refused to answer, telling Fox News that Parnas was “a criminal,” and that he would not “debate this out with the public media when 90% of the media are totally corrupt.”

The latest allegations about the planned trip to Ukraine this spring, however, suggest that Nunes’ purported efforts to dig up dirt on Biden and Democrats did not end with the Vienna trip. They also implicate Nunes and his committee staff in the same events the committee is currently investigating.

Over the course of three days of public hearings last week, Nunes used the bulk of his allotted time to attack Democrats and the media, and to repeat the same unfounded claims about Democrats and Biden. At no point did Nunes ever mention that he or his staffers met with the three Ukrainian officials, some of whom were mentioned by name during testimony.
'Parnas is a criminal', says Nunes, while declining to admit or explain why he worked with said criminal to dig up dirt on a political rival.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/24/giulian ... chiff.html
User avatar
houtkabouter
Posts: 5575
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: A gaf in Bracknell
Contact:

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by houtkabouter »

Now that is pretty shameless.
User avatar
Waratah
Posts: 4703
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Straya c**ts.

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Waratah »

houtkabouter wrote:Now that is pretty shameless.
Shameless and brainless. The incompetence is almost comical.

Here's a little more on the two of the Ukrainians involved in the scheme, Parnas and Fruman, who had a private meeting with Trump & Giuliani at the White House. Parnas later told associates he had been given a 'James Bond type mission' by Trump & Giuliani, which they promptly tried to use to leverage a takeover of Ukraine's biggest energy company.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/ukraine-en ... 1574652499
Two associates of Rudy Giuliani tried to recruit a top Ukrainian energy official in March in a proposed takeover of the state oil-and-gas company, describing the company’s chief executive and the then-U.S. Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch as part of “this Soros cartel” working against President Trump.

“You’re a Republican, right?” Andrew Favorov, the head of natural gas for state-run Naftogaz, recalled the men, Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman, asking him, after their reference to investor and Democratic donor George Soros. “We want you to be our guy.”
:lol:
Mr. Favorov said he was bewildered by Messrs. Parnas and Fruman’s pitch to stage a takeover of Naftogaz and put Mr. Favorov in place as CEO. On one hand, the pair appeared to know little about the natural gas business; on the other it was clear to him they had significant political connections.

“They don’t teach you how to deal with this in business school,” Mr. Favorov said.
:lol: :lol:
Federal prosecutors in New York have focused on the efforts of Messrs. Fruman and Parnas to influence Naftogaz and carve out energy deals. Prosecutors are also looking into whether Mr. Giuliani was poised to profit from energy deals in Ukraine brokered by Messrs. Fruman and Parnas, The Wall Street Journal has reported.

Mr. Giuliani has denied wrongdoing and said he had no business interests in Ukraine. Mr. Trump has said he doesn’t know either man and has called the impeachment inquiry a hoax that should end.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

There's a f*cking picture of the four of them in the White House. It's like a documentary on The Very Best of Dunning-Kruger.
User avatar
Rinkals
Posts: 17659
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Rinkals »

The more you look at Trump's presidency, the closer it resembles that of Jacob Zuma.

Both use pretty much the same playbook for seeking to monetize the office.
piquant
Posts: 8974
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:01 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by piquant »

Seneca of the Night wrote:
The Impeachment Clock
By Victor Davis Hanson

November 19, 2019 6:30 AM


Time is not on Adam Schiff’s side....



...When Democratic inquisitors are reduced to lecturing the nation that “hearsay can be much better evidence than direct” testimony, and when Adam Schiff looks into the cameras and swears he has no idea who the whistleblower is, then it’s time to pack up the circus and leave town. (no, no...the show must go on! :D )

Only noted this comment this morning, and I'm left wondering why on earth anyone would have an objection to the assertion that hearsay evidence can be much better than direct testimony? Obviously it might not be, in each and every example it would depend on what was being presented and the context. Is this sort of analysis, or as some might note complete bollocks, being put forth under the very odd assumption that if they label evidence as hearsay it becomes inadmissible to the argument?
Santa
Posts: 10407
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:56 pm

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Santa »

Nobody cares, bros.
User avatar
Rinkals
Posts: 17659
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Rinkals »

Santa wrote:Nobody cares, bros.
No.

Of course not. :roll:
User avatar
Waratah
Posts: 4703
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Straya c**ts.

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Waratah »

Santa wrote:Nobody cares, bros.
Hundreds of posts on the thread but now you don't care...

Awwwww.
Santa
Posts: 10407
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:56 pm

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Santa »

piquant wrote:
Seneca of the Night wrote:
The Impeachment Clock
By Victor Davis Hanson

November 19, 2019 6:30 AM


Time is not on Adam Schiff’s side....



...When Democratic inquisitors are reduced to lecturing the nation that “hearsay can be much better evidence than direct” testimony, and when Adam Schiff looks into the cameras and swears he has no idea who the whistleblower is, then it’s time to pack up the circus and leave town. (no, no...the show must go on! :D )

Only noted this comment this morning, and I'm left wondering why on earth anyone would have an objection to the assertion that hearsay evidence can be much better than direct testimony? Obviously it might not be, in each and every example it would depend on what was being presented and the context. Is this sort of analysis, or as some might note complete bollocks, being put forth under the very odd assumption that if they label evidence as hearsay it becomes inadmissible to the argument?
You are being silly. Hearsay evidence is not better than direct evidence. However it may be better than no evidence.

But just for the fun of it, please give us a plausible scenario in which hearsay evidence is better than direct evidence.
User avatar
BokJock
Posts: 5099
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:30 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by BokJock »

Santa wrote:Nobody cares, bros.
Ah, the new defense :lol: #28
The Original Art Buchwald Column: “Response List For Nixon Backers”

These are difficult times for people who are defending the Nixon administration. No matter where they go they are attracted by pseudo-liberals, McGovern lovers, heterosexual constitutionalists, and paranoid John Dean believers.

As a public service, I am printing instant responses for loyal Nixonites when they are attacked at a party. Please cut it out and carry it in your pocket.

1.Everyone does it.
2. What about Chappaquiddick?
3. A president can’t keep track of everything his staff does.
4. The press is blowing the whole thing up.
5. Whatever Nixon did was for national security
6. The Democrats are sore because they lost the election.
7. Are you going to believe a rat like John Dean or the President of the United States?
8. Wait till all the facts come out.
9. What about Chappaquiddick?
10. If you impeach Nixon, you get Agnew.
11. The only thing wrong with Watergate is they got caught.
12. What about Daniel Ellsberg stealing the Pentagon papers?
13. It happens in Europe all the time.
14. People would be against Nixon no matter what he did.
15. I’d rather have a crook in the White House than a fool.
16. LBJ used to read FBI reports every night.
17. What’s the big deal about finding out what your opposition is up to?
18. The President was too busy running the country to know what was going on.
19. What about Chappaquiddick?
20. People who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.
21. McGovern would have lost anyway.
22. Maybe the Committee to Reelect the President went a little too far, but they were just a bunch of eager kids
23. I’m not for breaking the law, but sometimes you have to do it to save the country.
24. Nixon made a mistake. He’s only human.
25. Do you realize what Watergate is doing to the dollar abroad?
26. What about Harry Truman and the deep freeze scandal?
27. Franklin D. Roosevelt did a lot worse things.
28. I’m sick and tired of hearing about Watergate and so is everybody else.
29. This thing should be tried in the courts and not on television.
30. When Nixon gives his explanation of what happened there are going to be a lot of people in this country with egg on their faces.
31. My country right or wrong.
32. What about Chappaquiddick?
33. I think the people who make all this fuss about Watergate should be shot.
34. If the Democrats had the money they would have done the same thing.
35. I never trusted Haldeman and Ehrlichman to start with.
36. If you say one more word about Watergate I’ll punch you in the nose.
37. If the person is bigger than you: “If you say one more word about Watergate I’m leaving this house.”
38. If it’s your own house and the person’s bigger than you: “What about Chappaquiddick?”
Flyin Ryan
Posts: 10019
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Indiana

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Flyin Ryan »

I like it that one of their lawyers is named Ed MacMahon. That's ready-made for a Saturday Night Live skit.
Flyin Ryan
Posts: 10019
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Indiana

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Flyin Ryan »

Kiwias wrote:
merry! wrote:
“American voters are a lot smarter than the Washington elites and left-stream media give them credit for. They really are. They have a pretty good BS meter, and they smell BS,” the official added.
the same can't be said about many here, of course.
Do you actually know that more Americans voted for HRC than for DJT in 2016?
Do you know a majority of Americans did not vote separately for either Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump in 2016?
Last edited by Flyin Ryan on Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Flyin Ryan
Posts: 10019
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Indiana

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Flyin Ryan »

Seneca of the Night wrote:
Flyin Ryan wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
merry! wrote:
“American voters are a lot smarter than the Washington elites and left-stream media give them credit for. They really are. They have a pretty good BS meter, and they smell BS,” the official added.
the same can't be said about many here, of course.
Do you actually know that more Americans voted for HRC than for DJT in 2016?
Do you know a majority of Americans voted against both Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump in 2016?
Aside from the popular vote meaning zero, does it actually mean less than zero. So many voters don't bother to vote in fait accompli states. If there was actually was a popular vote, that calculus would change.
Yes.

Plus, the popular vote if it meant anything would mean we would need to have the exact same rules everywhere. Right now, it is set up such that internal vote counting incompetence or corruption is isolated to one state. It is complete and total bullshit that California's Election Board are so damn incompetent it takes them 6 weeks before they can even get to their provisional final count. God help them if an election is ever so tight they have to do a recount.
Flyin Ryan
Posts: 10019
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Indiana

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Flyin Ryan »

Seneca of the Night wrote:As an addition, it is a well known fact that the security of the anglosphere (and many other places aside) is secured by American military power. This is particularly pointed in the case of Australia - a vast mineral rich continent sparsely inhabited. There is no greater ally of American than Australia on earth.

If, and probably when, as seems likely, America transforms into a majority-minority country, with the highest offices controlled by non-white non-core American nation new elites, it's likely that those new elites will not view the traditional five-eyes relationship with anything like the importance they do now.

I'd say yacht owners on Sydney harbour will be having to keep a look out for Chinese subs coming up their jacksie. Anyone on this message bored who is non-American, and supports the agenda of the current Democrat party has not thought through the long-term implications of where they are going to take America.
Has nothing to deal with this thread.
User avatar
Saturnine
Posts: 943
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Saturnine »

Seneca of the Night wrote:As an addition, it is a well known fact that the security of the anglosphere (and many other places aside) is secured by American military power. This is particularly pointed in the case of Australia - a vast mineral rich continent sparsely inhabited. There is no greater ally of American than Australia on earth.

If, and probably when, as seems likely, America transforms into a majority-minority country, with the highest offices controlled by non-white non-core American nation new elites, it's likely that those new elites will not view the traditional five-eyes relationship with anything like the importance they do now.

I'd say yacht owners on Sydney harbour will be having to keep a look out for Chinese subs coming up their jacksie. Anyone on this message bored who is non-American, and supports the agenda of the current Democrat party has not thought through the long-term implications of where they are going to take America.
The Planet Rugby Forum equivalent of Project Fear.

2/10. WNB.
User avatar
EverReady
Posts: 31072
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by EverReady »

The thoughts of the Chinese marauding across the outback is the main reason I switched to a Xioami phone
User avatar
BokJock
Posts: 5099
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:30 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by BokJock »

Seneca of the Night wrote:As an addition, it is a well known fact that the security of the anglosphere (and many other places aside) is secured by American military power. This is particularly pointed in the case of Australia - a vast mineral rich continent sparsely inhabited. There is no greater ally of American than Australia on earth.

If, and probably when, as seems likely, America transforms into a majority-minority country, with the highest offices controlled by non-white non-core American nation new elites, it's likely that those new elites will not view the traditional five-eyes relationship with anything like the importance they do now.

I'd say yacht owners on Sydney harbour will be having to keep a look out for Chinese subs coming up their jacksie. Anyone on this message bored who is non-American, and supports the agenda of the current Democrat party has not thought through the long-term implications of where they are going to take America.
:lol:
User avatar
unseenwork
Posts: 17805
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:28 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by unseenwork »

EverReady wrote:The thoughts of the Chinese marauding across the outback is the main reason I switched to a Xioami phone
They might sort out the ARU.
User avatar
julian
Posts: 3377
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by julian »

Seneca of the Night wrote:
Flyin Ryan wrote:
Seneca of the Night wrote:As an addition, it is a well known fact that the security of the anglosphere (and many other places aside) is secured by American military power. This is particularly pointed in the case of Australia - a vast mineral rich continent sparsely inhabited. There is no greater ally of American than Australia on earth.

If, and probably when, as seems likely, America transforms into a majority-minority country, with the highest offices controlled by non-white non-core American nation new elites, it's likely that those new elites will not view the traditional five-eyes relationship with anything like the importance they do now.

I'd say yacht owners on Sydney harbour will be having to keep a look out for Chinese subs coming up their jacksie. Anyone on this message bored who is non-American, and supports the agenda of the current Democrat party has not thought through the long-term implications of where they are going to take America.
Has nothing to deal with this thread.
Has everything to do with this thread. Non-American anti-Trumpers don't know which side their bread is buttered. It's noticeable that actual Americans are far more nuanced on the Trump issue. Sure you guys are watching from behind the couch with your eyes closed at the train wreck, but the problems that propelled Trump to office did not begin with and do not end with Trump. Vast unprecedented demographic change is what's happening, and Americans have handled it a lot better than their supposed superiors in other countries might have done. But it's going to come a boil at some stage.
What do you mean with that? What is an unprecedente demographic change??
User avatar
Grandpa
Posts: 832
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Yorkshire

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by Grandpa »

Seneca of the Night wrote:Anyone on this message bored who is non-American, and supports the agenda of the current Democrat party has not thought through the long-term implications of where they are going to take America.
As a wealthy Asian woman... should I be concerned?
User avatar
EverReady
Posts: 31072
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: POTUS-DONALD TRUMP-and U.S. Politics catch-all

Post by EverReady »

Seneca of the Night wrote:
EverReady wrote:The thoughts of the Chinese marauding across the outback is the main reason I switched to a Xioami phone
You micks have had a good run in America. But now Irish-Americans are just stale pale old white dudes clogging up Democrat congressional districts for young women of colour, you guys are out of there. There'll be a stampede of Irish Americans to the GOP in the next decade.
They are already well stampeded
Post Reply