Irrational Hatred Thread

All things Rugby
ElementFreak

Irrational Hatred Thread

Post by ElementFreak »

What is something that you have an irrational hatred of?

Personally it's idiots who refer to their pets as "kids", "children" or "fur babies". Now these are mostly women who don't have kids but to me it doesn't make sense. You can't make the choice of not having children and then replacing that experience with animals and expect that they are the same experience.
Jay Cee Gee

Re: Irrational Hatred Thread

Post by Jay Cee Gee »

The Paleo Diet.

Not because of the criticisms of it being unscientific or because of any reaction to crossfitters or other adherents to the diet. Simply because "Paleo" is a silly sounding word and saying "the Paleo diet" is like saying "the ninny ninny bong bong diet'.

I have a hatred of silly sounding things in general actually. There are bands that I simply refuse to ever listen to* based entirely on the fact that their name is silly, twee or just too f'ing tryhard. They could be amazing but I'll never know.

*for instance Death Cab for Cutie. Though I did hear them on the radio once and the singer had an annoying voice so I think I'm all good.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

You'd call your pets "furbabies" too if your ovaries were as barren as a supermarket aisle the day before a zombie apocalypse.

For me it's people who don't say thank you when you hold the door open for them. Mainly middle aged women.

We have have some overlap here with your "irrational hatred" I need a Venn Diagram. Plz hold.
naki

Post by naki »

I once had an employee who asked for a day off to celebrate her fur child's birthday. Aside from the fact that I'd never heard of anyone taking leave for an actual child's birthday, I must admit I felt sad for her and her lonely existence. Didn't give the leave though, obviously.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

People who are fucking inconsiderate and don't look where they're going, take up the entire footpath with their idiot friends/family, or refuse to adjust their strident gait one centimetre for the kind of give and take necessary in a civil society.

It makes me hanker for my rugby days when you had a free licence to run into, but preferably around, people.
Farva

Post by Farva »

jdogscoop wrote:People who are fucking inconsiderate and don't look where they're going, take up the entire footpath with their idiot friends/family, or refuse to adjust their strident gait one centimetre for the kind of give and take necessary in a civil society.

It makes me hanker for my rugby days when you had a free licence to run into, but preferably around, people.
That isn't irrational. There is a lot of rationality around that hatred.

My irrational hate is people, who at gigs, decide to go to the bar while the main act is playing meaning I need to concentrate on them going passed instead of the show.
ElementFreak

Post by ElementFreak »

naki wrote:I once had an employee who asked for a day off to celebrate her fur child's birthday. Aside from the fact that I'd never heard of anyone taking leave for an actual child's birthday, I must admit I felt sad for her and her lonely existence. Didn't give the leave though, obviously.
I hope you berated her for being ridiculous.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Farva wrote:
jdogscoop wrote:People who are fucking inconsiderate and don't look where they're going, take up the entire footpath with their idiot friends/family, or refuse to adjust their strident gait one centimetre for the kind of give and take necessary in a civil society.

My irrational hate is people, who at gigs, decide to go to the bar while the main act is playing meaning I need to concentrate on them going passed instead of the show.
I think the underlying borderline psychosis is arguably irrational.
ElementFreak

Post by ElementFreak »

I've started walking into those people who want to walk down the road with their nose in their phone or book. fudge them, they need to realise that 8am in the CBD next to a train station isn't the place to try and walk whilst doing something else.
naki

Post by naki »

ElementFreak wrote:
naki wrote:I once had an employee who asked for a day off to celebrate her fur child's birthday. Aside from the fact that I'd never heard of anyone taking leave for an actual child's birthday, I must admit I felt sad for her and her lonely existence. Didn't give the leave though, obviously.
I hope you berated her for being ridiculous.
No, she was a kindly, sad, middle aged spinster and it didn't merit a tongue lashing.
ElementFreak

Post by ElementFreak »

Fair enough, you're a bigger man than I am then. Literally (I've seen your picture) and figuratively.
Newsome

Post by Newsome »

People who say period instead of full stop.
naki

Post by naki »

ElementFreak wrote:Fair enough, you're a bigger man than I am then. Literally (I've seen your picture) and figuratively.
:x I feel sorry for the teams you officiate if your vision is that bad. Photoshop pixels, man!
towny

Post by towny »

I f*cking HATE people who get off the bus and don't say thanks to the driver. :x

Presumably they're immigrants. YOU JOINED US WE DIDN'T JOIN YOU JOHNNY FOREIGNER!!!!
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Farva wrote:

That is irrational alright. It's a rational decision for me to replenish my drinks at a gig. Given that I am considerate, unlike many people (see rant above), I often choose to stand near the bar though.
Last edited by jdogscoop on Thu May 12, 2016 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
troglodiet

Post by troglodiet »

ElementFreak wrote:What is something that you have an irrational hatred of?

Personally it's idiots who refer to their pets as "kids", "children" or "fur babies". Now these are mostly women who don't have kids but to me it doesn't make sense. You can't make the choice of not having children and then replacing that experience with animals and expect that they are the same experience.

You'd really hate me then. My boy, a Jack Russel is the child I never had. Even more than that. My wife and I both calls him or child. As we did with his predecessor, a girl Foxterrier who we refer to as my boy's sister who passed at before he was born.

So it's not only women. I do it too. In fact I started it in our home. My wife and I both love kids, but can't have (I don't have lazy swimmers - the buggers can't swim at all. 0% count). Admittedly my current boy as well as his sister before him, we're the first I ever called my kids. I had a couple of dogs I was attached to as much as the two, but that was before I got married, and children, and found out I can't father children of my own.

And if you don't like that, I'll get my child to bite you.
towny

Post by towny »

troglodiet wrote:

You'd really hate me then. My boy, a Jack Russel is the child I never had.
IT's A f**king DOG!!!!!!!!!!

sorry to hear about the 'no kids' thing mate.
Nieghorn

Post by Nieghorn »

Why would you even bother admitting that? Surely a sane person would call in 'sick' or say they had doctor's appointment for 'lady stuff' (that's always enough to make a man close shop and agree to whatever so long as he doesn't have to hear more). Sounds more like a cry for help. :?

I've been raging a lot against cyclists this week ... and while I'm, myself, cycling! Three cases of rule breakers that didn't cause me harm, but oh did a fiery hatred for them roll within my soul....

1. Two of us parked in tandem at a red light, off to the side so as not to block cars. Young, helmetless (I would be if it wasn't the law here) punk on a mountain bike slides up beside us. First guy takes off, he slides in front of me and procedes to go slower. I 'tail-gate' him for a few hundred metres to let him know I'm faster. Almost got my first taste of cyclist schadenfreude as the door of an SUV pops open right beside him, but the driver noticed and pulled it back within 5 cm of him getting hit.

2. Coming through the naval base there's a point where the road narrows because of construction and the flag man waves through a rather large pick-up truck and I slow down to tuck in behind. Just as the truck's about to enter a point of 'no quarter' where a chain-link fence runs alongside the road with nothing but inches to spare between in and said truck, a rather fat sailor on a road bike flies past me on the right and in between fence and truck without even looking. I actually said "What a dick!" but I think it was muffled due to all the construction. I wished that a senior officer was in that truck, to chew his ass out later, but they tend not to have such boss vehicles like that... ffs, I saw a Lt Commander riding a shitty moped today. Shook my head in shame.

3. This morning, just pulling away from a red light I see a shadow of a cyclist on my right again and - again - with a construction site on the right. This time it's the opposite of fat male sailor - reasonably hot woman in lyrca on a very expensive bike. Barely checks as she cuts in front of me, swerves onto the roadway to then pass the guy in front of me. I was hoping to catch up and burn past her on the hill coming up but she flew through the amber light at the base of it while I hit the brakes like the rule-abiding sap that I am. For the final 15 mins to work and the 25 home from work I kept thinking that I should have done my classic pinch-one-nostril nose clear into the direction of the shadow as soon as I saw it.

Fcuking cyclists! No wonder drivers hate the twunts!

(Me, I'm a friggin saint ... well, most of the time ... )
Last edited by Nieghorn on Thu May 12, 2016 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Farva

Post by Farva »

jdogscoop wrote:
Farva wrote:

That is irrational alright. It's a rational decision for me to replenish my drinks at a gig. Given that I am considerate, unlike many people (see rant above), I often choose to stand near the bar though.
I have absolutely no concerns with me refilling my drink during the sets of bands I am not that interested in, but if the band I do like is on, then everyone needs to stay where they are. Plums.
Last edited by Farva on Thu May 12, 2016 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

troglodiet wrote:

You'd really hate me then. My boy, a Jack Russel is the child I never had. Even more than that. My wife and I both calls him or child. As we did with his predecessor, a girl Foxterrier who we refer to as my boy's sister who passed at before he was born.

So it's not only women. I do it too. In fact I started it in our home. My wife and I both love kids, but can't have (I don't have lazy swimmers - the buggers can't swim at all. 0% count). Admittedly my current boy as well as his sister before him, we're the first I ever called my kids. I had a couple of dogs I was attached to as much as the two, but that was before I got married, and children, and found out I can't father children of my own.

Love it. Don't listen to the haters with kids - they're poor and are operating on 3 hours sleep.

I hope he has his own passport and is soon to be enrolled in school.
Shrekles

Post by Shrekles »

troglodiet wrote:

That is ok, just as long as your boy doesn't shit on my lawn or hump my leg.
troglodiet

Post by troglodiet »

Idiots and politicians. But then I'm repeating myself (to counter-phase Mark Twain). Also include lawyers in this category.

Snobbish people.
I don't even look down on hobos - in fact more often than not, I'd admire them (despite feeling sorry for those with addictions, more so those who became hobos BECAUSE of addiction).

People in restaurants, with a friend/s, partner, spouse or family,... and is then on their phone the whole time. Teenagers are especially bad - going out as a group of friends they like to hang out with, and then sit there and text the ones they didn't want to be with throughout the mail :x

Kids of today :x But only the 2-legged variety.
Nieghorn

Post by Nieghorn »

I used to refer to the family dog as my brother. He and I had more in common than my actual human brother and I have. :)

We both like to chill out in this same arm-under-chin pose and will run away as soon as you turn you back on us.
Spoiler: show
ElementFreak

Post by ElementFreak »

One I've just experienced, people who don't let people off the train before getting on. Oh and leaving your bag on a seat in a peak hour train, but it on your lap or on the floor you fuckwit.
towny

Post by towny »

ElementFreak wrote:One I've just experienced, people who don't let people off the train before getting on. Oh and leaving your bag on a seat in a peak hour train, but it on your lap or on the floor you fuckwit.
:x
Dumbledore

Post by Dumbledore »

Slow walkers, especially when they walk five across :x

Anyone who uses the word wanderlust.

Food bloggers.
Yourmother

Post by Yourmother »

Thomas wrote:You'd call your pets "furbabies" too if your ovaries were as barren as a supermarket aisle the day before a zombie apocalypse.

For me it's people who don't say thank you when you hold the door open for them. Mainly middle aged women.

We have have some overlap here with your "irrational hatred" I need a Venn Diagram. Plz hold.
I always make a habit of saying "you are welcome" to those who have not said thank you. It without fail gets the point across.
Big Nipper

Post by Big Nipper »

Older people who insist on respect purely on the ground of being older than you.

People who are nostalgic about shit in the 80/90's

:x
L. Ron Hubbard

Post by L. Ron Hubbard »

PEOPLE WHO DON'T THANK YOU WHEN YOU LET THEM MERGE OR TURN IN FRONT OF YOU!!!!!

Specifically the ones where its pretty bloody clear that you have had to apply some heavy brakes to let them merge/turn.

PLUMS
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

Why didn't you just let her take the day off and use a day from her annual leave?
Whether the reason was ridiculous or not, you said she was a kindly lady yet you said she couldn't take a day off. If she said she was going to visit her relatives, would you have done the same thing?
L. Ron Hubbard

Post by L. Ron Hubbard »

Leinsterman wrote:
Why didn't you just let her take the day off and use a day from her annual leave?
Whether the reason was ridiculous or not, you said she was a kindly lady yet you said she couldn't take a day off. If she said she was going to visit her relatives, would you have done the same thing?

I would suggest it's because he is a plum
Kiwias

Post by Kiwias »

Yourmother wrote:
Thomas wrote:You'd call your pets "furbabies" too if your ovaries were as barren as a supermarket aisle the day before a zombie apocalypse.

I always make a habit of saying "you are welcome" to those who have not said thank you. It without fail gets the point across.
Nah, some people are just too fucking stupid and obtuse to notice

Mine is people at a reasonably decent restaurant who talk with a ridiculously loud voice. We had one such experience recently, one bloke and 3 noisy women (ugly ones too) who maintained the same overwhelmingly loud conversation for over an hour.
My wife got us to leave before we had finished our food as she realised I had reached the stage where I would willingly have buried a fork in the loud plum's skull and bugger the consequences.
Bindi

Post by Bindi »

I've been getting an epidemic of plums who fire an email reply to my deserved critique of their shoddy work with a "Happy to talk about it" sign-off.

Clearly that's the last thing these fucks want when they get caught about being rubbish at their job. Pisses me right off.
kiwigreg369

Post by kiwigreg369 »

People who think you should sit in the front seat with taxi drivers.

KG
Clive

Post by Clive »

Cyclist, but its not Irrational.
Sandstorm

Post by Sandstorm »

Fat people who eat while walking around

People who order a coffee in a pub

Dog with a jaunty bandana around its neck (I bet Trog put one on his son)
handyman

Post by handyman »

People who do the banting diet and expect tyou to go to restaurants where a banting menu is available.
Big Nipper

Post by Big Nipper »

handyman wrote:People who do the banting diet and expect tyou to go to restaurants where a banting menu is available.
Also, Tim Noakes' smug face
danny_fitz

Post by danny_fitz »

People, mostly young women it would seem, who insist on doing that duck face pose when having photos taken of them.
towny

Post by towny »

danny_fitz wrote:People, mostly young women it would seem, who insist on doing that duck face pose when having photos taken of them.
+1

Best post yet! :x