Johnny Depp

All things Rugby
aitch@wasps

Re: Johnny Depp

Post by aitch@wasps »

Ellafan wrote:
Pat the Ex Mat wrote:Seems a bit suspicious - I'd rather wait for the facts.
Chronology - according to her version which it looks like she saw fit to give the press a copy of.

Fight on Saturday.

She says the pair separated on Sunday.

She files for a divorce on Monday.

He goes off to Portugal at some point.

They both lawyer up in there somewhere.

Not clear if she sought immediate orders on the Monday, that the Court lined up for hearing on
Friday while the paperwork was done - he was out of the country anyway - but looks like it -

"Depp's response filed on Wednesday"

Judge has a look at it Friday.

Can't see anything inherently implausible there, but we have only seen one side of the story.
You are Craig David and I claim my £5...
Smee

Post by Smee »

aitch@wasps wrote:
Ellafan wrote:
Pat the Ex Mat wrote:Seems a bit suspicious - I'd rather wait for the facts.
Chronology - according to her version which it looks like she saw fit to give the press a copy of.

Fight on Saturday.

She says the pair separated on Sunday.

She files for a divorce on Monday.

He goes off to Portugal at some point.

They both lawyer up in there somewhere.

Not clear if she sought immediate orders on the Monday, that the Court lined up for hearing on
Friday while the paperwork was done - he was out of the country anyway - but looks like it -

"Depp's response filed on Wednesday"

Judge has a look at it Friday.

Can't see anything inherently implausible there, but we have only seen one side of the story.
You are Craig David and I claim my £5...
:lol: Very good. :thumbup:
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-n ... ce-8067453

Amber Heard reportedly showed no evidence of any injuries when police arrived at her home on Saturday night.

The actress - who has been granted a temporary restraining order against Johnny Depp after accusing him of physically assaulting her - is said to have refused to file a police report, and at the time did not allege any brutality.

According to TMZ, officers arrived at her home on Saturday but saw no injury, and left after she refused to offer any more information.
uh huh...
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

guy smiley wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-n ... ce-8067453

Amber Heard reportedly showed no evidence of any injuries when police arrived at her home on Saturday night.

The actress - who has been granted a temporary restraining order against Johnny Depp after accusing him of physically assaulting her - is said to have refused to file a police report, and at the time did not allege any brutality.

According to TMZ, officers arrived at her home on Saturday but saw no injury, and left after she refused to offer any more information.
uh huh...
To be fair to her the bruising may well not have shown up until later and I think most women refuse to press charges when battered. Pretty sure they changed the law in this country some time ago because police were turning up and battered women were refusing to give up hubby. Now they just arrest them anyway.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

uh huh
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

I don't like your attitude Mr Smiley. This picture was taken on Sunday . You can see in her eyes just how upset she was not forgetting her heroic attempt to cover up the signs of abuse.

guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

uh huh....

:P

There's a problem with domestic violence that revolves around victim blaming and denial...

but there's also a problem with celebrity that revolves around leaping to conclusions and assumption of guilt.

This thread is illuminating. Well, it would be if we didn't already know that this place is full of reactionary conservative moralists.
Insane_Homer

Post by Insane_Homer »

Anonymous. wrote:I don't like your attitude Mr Smiley. This picture was taken on Sunday . You can see in her eyes just how upset she was not forgetting her heroic attempt to cover up the signs of abuse.

Laurent

Post by Laurent »

Insane_Homer wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:I don't like your attitude Mr Smiley. This picture was taken on Sunday . You can see in her eyes just how upset she was not forgetting her heroic attempt to cover up the signs of abuse.

boxing Gloves, Baseball Bat, Whip ?
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

Anonymous. wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By fúck but you are a shameful human being Anon.
fatcat

Post by fatcat »

:lol:
Uncle Fester

Post by Uncle Fester »

Sunday 29th May
I was there when Anon made a funny post.
Burke's Boot

Post by Burke's Boot »

Cooler than a body on ice

dr dre2

Post by dr dre2 »

Burke's Boot wrote:Cooler than a body on ice

Cooler than an ice pack........

On Amber's eye.
Glaston

Post by Glaston »

All we need is Depp to say he is a Muslim and that lightly beating your missus is de rigueur as per the CII (The Council of Islamic Ideology) woman protection plan
Leicester Mafia

Post by Leicester Mafia »

Uncle Fester wrote:
Sefton wrote:
nicebutdim wrote:Patrice O'neal touched on this perfectly. Black women can say or do whatever the f**k they want, followed by white women, followed by black men.

White men cant say or do jack shit. Lighten up you lot. It might be true but its also funny.
The poor, oppressed white, middle class, western male, how does he make it through the day.
By throwing his phone at his oppressors .
I carry around half a dozen of these bad boys just to hurl at my oppressors

Benthos

Post by Benthos »

fatcat wrote:
Benthos wrote:
fatcat wrote:Here's what a pal of mine told me he did about his abusive, immature, raging nutjob of a missus. It's a very interesting episode, and I think perhaps we all need to treat a woman like this at some point in our lives.
Spoiler: show
[quote]OK, here's what I did. I found that I only needed to do it twice.

It was an occasion when she was just losing it completely, nothing was going to calm her and there was no point in shouting. I calmly picked her up, took her into our bedroom, put her down and sat on the floor with my back to the door, so there was no chance she could escape. I looked at her and said, in a very quiet voice, "you and I are staying here, in this room, until you have completely let go of this - no more tears, no more shouting, no more anything. When you do that, we can leave the room. In the meantime, I'm going to sit here but I am not going to argue with you. The sooner you completely let go of this, the sooner we leave the room".

And that's it. I just sat there, staring at the wall, making no eye-contact, answering no questions and not rising to the bait she threw at me over and over again. It takes ages, first time it was 75 minutes. It makes your bum go numb.

The point is they have to give in completely and utterly - not to your greater force or whatever but just because they eventually realise that it is totally futile to cry, shout, scream, make threats, plead for sympathy or whatever. This is absolutely key: regardless of what they say or do; or how they behave, you don't react at all and you DEFINITELY don't make eye-contact (except if they try to strike you - then you just prevent them, look very deeply into their eyes and tell them in a calm voice that nothing they do will make you angry but they are not to hit you... then pick them up and carry them to the other side of the room, sit them down and hurry back to you place - end of eye-contact for quite a while).

At first they continue to cry and rage. Then they slow down into that deep sobbing thing kids, for example, do, at which point they also promise that it is all over and they are fine. You wish. After a couple of minutes, when they realise they haven't fooled you, it all starts again. And so it goes on.

If they need the loo, pick them up, take them there and come straight back, without making eye-contact.

The first time I did it I noticed that the initial bout of ranting and screaming went on for about 20 minutes. It's hard to sit there and listen to your darling making that noise (to say nothing of the threats and abuse they hurl at you "you're a terrible husband - the worst in the world - and I HATE you!"... over and over and over and over again).

But after a 5-minute sobbing break, the next phase of ranting lasted less time - about 15 minutes - and so on until it becomes pretty desultory and then finally peters out.

DON'T BE FOOLED INTO THINKING ANY OF THESE BREAKS IN THE SOBBING - OR WHEN IT FINALLY ENDS - MEAN IT'S OVER: IT'S NOT AND IF YOU "GIVE IN" NOW, ALL THAT ABUSE WILL HAVE BEEN FOR NOTHING...

It's not over until they realise that nothing they say or do will make any difference. When that (finally!) happens, they calm right down and stay calm - then they make a move to you. My wife sat on the floor at right-angles to me and rubbed her toe on my foot but I guess everyone will be different. The important thing at this point is to recognise the sign and end it, there and then. I didn't say anything about what had just happened and I definitely didn't threaten her along the lines of "now you know what will happen next time... blah, blah, blah" because I thought the power of the process might get lost in a tit-for-tat conversation, so I just said something like, "OK, shall we go and have a drink?".
[/spoiler]

Are all those who don't remember SS being whooshed... or am I losing my mind because I'm convinced that SS posted exactly that about his kids throwing a tantrum...? What does your friend pay for childcare in London, I wonder..?
I took it from a pm on Facebook - didn't realise he'd posted it on here previously! It seemed quite apt, with a few obvious alterations.[/quote]

So SS was the author, then - thank fück for that; pretty sure that experiencing erroneous déja vu about a decade-old southern softie post is a pretty reliable symptom of the onset of dementia. Whereas accurately remembering the author of a 10-yr old post on an Internet forum that one largely lurks on is not a worrying symptom of some mental disorder, no siree...
MrJonno

Post by MrJonno »

I'm confused is SS now married to one of his own children?
nicebutdim

Post by nicebutdim »

This whole discussion has really strengthened my belief in gender equality.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J1L8auVSCEg
Croft

Post by Croft »

nicebutdim wrote:This whole discussion has really strengthened my belief in gender equality.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J1L8auVSCEg
Fark. That upper cut on the bus.
Ghost-Of-Nepia

Post by Ghost-Of-Nepia »

MrJonno wrote:I'm confused is SS now married to one of his own children?
Well, his daughter was terribly advanced . . .
irishjonny

Post by irishjonny »

It's kind of like Depp is a parody of himself. Trying too hard to be the epitome of cool.
towny

Post by towny »

Uncle Fester wrote:Sunday 29th May
I was there when Anon made a funny post.
:lol:
True Blue

Post by True Blue »

Depp stopped being cool the day he dressed up like a clown and did those pirate movies. All his movies after that have been creepy weird.

You can tell him I said that. It will cut him deep.
Jay Cee Gee

Post by Jay Cee Gee »

I don't really have any opinion on whether he did or didn't assault her, but it would hardly be surprising if a life long waster who idolises the likes of Iggy Pop & Keith Richards turned out to also be abusive towards women.

What I am most surprised about is that in reading about the apparently flop of his new film, I was astounded to learn the first Alice in Wonderland film he did made $1B at the box office! I saw about 5 minutes of it and seemed to be lazy shite of the worst order. Oh, Tim Burton has made an Alice in Wonderland film and it stars Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter in makeup doing a funny voice. Of course it f"ing does.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Jay Cee Gee wrote:I don't really have any opinion on whether he did or didn't assault her, but it would hardly be surprising if a life long waster who idolises the likes of Iggy Pop & Keith Richards turned out to also be abusive towards women.
What the f**k is wrong with Iggy Pop and Keith Richards you uptight wanker?

As for movies, check Dead Man out. It's sorta good n stuff.
towny

Post by towny »

Is it time for my 2 cents? I generally hate Johnny Depp movies. That pirate shit gives me the shits and I'll fight anyone* over the age of 12 who disagrees with me. I hate, HATE that Tim Burton cnut fwiw. F*cking hell. :x

I thought Blow blew, switched off that Hunter S. Thompson shite after the first 3 minutes and was cheering for the angry townsfolk when they wanted to off that f*ckwit scissor cnut.

I thought Depp was a f*ckwit Hollywood cockhead for bringing his dogs to Australia and reckon the Govt should have shot the mutts in front of him. Having said that, they way he dished Barnaby was pretty sweet.

I don't have any opinion on this latest Hollywood scandal; however I'm glad I got all of this off my chest. Phew!!

btw, Donnie Brascoe rocked and any plum who dresses up as Jack Sparrow and visits sick kids in his own time is alright by me.

guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

You don't like Clark and Dawe, either.
towny

Post by towny »

guy smiley wrote:You don't like Clark and Dawe, either.
maybe I'll think they're funny when I'm your age.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

towny wrote:
Keep that up and you'll never make it.
Jay Cee Gee

Post by Jay Cee Gee »

guy smiley wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:I don't really have any opinion on whether he did or didn't assault her, but it would hardly be surprising if a life long waster who idolises the likes of Iggy Pop & Keith Richards turned out to also be abusive towards women.

There's nothing wrong with them in terms of their music, but they've both been a bit shit to women at times.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Jay Cee Gee wrote:
guy smiley wrote:

There's nothing wrong with them in terms of their music, but they've both been a bit shit to women at times.

So have the vast majority of people in western society.
True Blue

Post by True Blue »

towny wrote:Is it time for my 2 cents? I generally hate Johnny Depp movies. That pirate shit gives me the shits and I'll fight anyone* over the age of 12 who disagrees with me. I hate, HATE that Tim Burton cnut fwiw. F*cking hell. :x

I thought Blow blew, switched off that Hunter S. Thompson shite after the first 3 minutes and was cheering for the angry townsfolk when they wanted to off that f*ckwit scissor cnut.

I thought Depp was a f*ckwit Hollywood cockhead for bringing his dogs to Australia and reckon the Govt should have shot the mutts in front of him. Having said that, they way he dished Barnaby was pretty sweet.

I don't have any opinion on this latest Hollywood scandal; however I'm glad I got all of this off my chest. Phew!!

btw, Donnie Brascoe rocked and any plum who dresses up as Jack Sparrow and visits sick kids in his own time is alright by me.

Preach it my fellow bogan. I hope Burton shits himself to death, I can't stand his movies. Burton ruined Depp. Turned him into some freaky side show, he's become the Sunwolves of the acting world.
towny

Post by towny »

guy smiley wrote:
towny wrote:
Keep that up and you'll never make it.
:lol: Big man online. But in real life you're off hiding in the shitters when the big-boys* are out and about.

*the collective nick-name of my biceps
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

:lol: :lol:
The Native

Post by The Native »

Heard on the radio this morning:

Vanessa Paradis, the Mother of his kids, has cast doubts on Heard's statements with a statement that goes against everything Amber Heard has alleged. Depp's lawyer saying she manufactured the spousal abuse to secure some of Depp's $400mil
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

We've had several pages of condemnation for Depp from several of the bored's serial hysterics.

Which could prove embarrassing for them as this story unfolds.
Newsome

Post by Newsome »

These hoe's aint loyal.
towny

Post by towny »

Whether or not she punched herself in the face or not, Depp is a f*cking idiot not to have a prenuptial agreement. Absolute, stone cold moron. She's going to screw him for tens of millions for 15 months worth of marriage and he's got no one to blame but himself.