Has feminism gone too far in Western Society

All things Rugby
Oceanbreeze

Has feminism gone too far in Western Society

Post by Oceanbreeze »

I'm just really curious to hear Western mens view on this! According to popular opinions it's one of the major cause of male suicide and stress in the Western World.
ScarfaceClaw

Re: Has feminism gone too far in Western Society

Post by ScarfaceClaw »

Does this have anything to do with Ron Weasley being cast as a woman?
le chat

Post by le chat »

it's gone far too far. You can't say or touch anything these days
Turbogoat

Post by Turbogoat »

Once you stop seeing gender as a competition, it gets a bit easier.

It's not an issue if feminism has 'gone too far' if you are secure in you yourself as a man. Be the best man you can be, and you won't feel inadequate or insecure if you see a woman doing well.
Sefton

Post by Sefton »

le chat wrote:it's gone far too far. You can't say or touch anything these days
That's not feminism, they're court orders.
le chat

Post by le chat »

Sefton wrote:
le chat wrote:it's gone far too far. You can't say or touch anything these days
That's not feminism, they're court orders.
they're all same to me
le chat

Post by le chat »

Turbogoat wrote:Once you stop seeing gender as a competition, it gets a bit easier.

It's not an issue if feminism has 'gone too far' if you are secure in you yourself as a man. Be the best man you can be, and you won't feel inadequate or insecure if you see a woman doing well.
you've obviously never lost an 100m sprint to a lady
fatcat

Post by fatcat »

I'd like to see 3rd wave feminism become far more prominent than it is currently. Then I'd be able to watch a lot more funny videos on YouTube.
Newby1

Post by Newby1 »

Just yesterday I saw an attractive lady walking down the street so I naturally gave her an appreciative slap on the buttocks. Apparently I'm now a sex pest. PC gone mad I say.
Dobbin

Post by Dobbin »

as men all we can do is simply stop and watch as feminism turns on itself...becoming both the judean peoples front and the peoples front of judea
pontifex

Post by pontifex »

Turbogoat wrote:Once you stop seeing gender as a competition, it gets a bit easier.

To be honest, that's got little to do with the feminism that's being practiced (I mean written) today. Feminism, I mean, not equality of the sexes. The feminism mostly being written today seems to have taken on the same vindictive streak that we see in social justice as a whole. In fact, it's probably a key driving factor in that process. Nothing wrong with equality of the sexes, of course, but there's plenty of writing out there that makes even the most hardline feminists of yesteryear blush, largely because in order to get noticed you have to say ever more outlandish things, since Greer and co said most of it 50 years ago.
PCPhil

Post by PCPhil »

Newby1 wrote:Just yesterday I saw an attractive lady walking down the street so I naturally gave her an appreciative slap on the buttocks. Apparently I'm now a sex pest. PC gone mad I say.
That should not have made me choke on my coffee...but it did... :lol:
DragonKhan

Post by DragonKhan »

Yes. It has gone way too far. It now attacks men simply because they are straight and white and it doesn't actually do anything but spout false statistics and drive the sexes apart.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

The usual suspects are going to have a circlejerk here, wasting your time.
Turbogoat

Post by Turbogoat »

pontifex wrote:

To be honest, that's got little to do with the feminism that's being practiced (I mean written) today. Feminism, I mean, not equality of the sexes. The feminism mostly being written today seems to have taken on the same vindictive streak that we see in social justice as a whole. In fact, it's probably a key driving factor in that process. Nothing wrong with equality of the sexes, of course, but there's plenty of writing out there that makes even the most hardline feminists of yesteryear blush, largely because in order to get noticed you have to say ever more outlandish things, since Greer and co said most of it 50 years ago.
Feminism and the SJW anger aren't the same thing, as you say.

However, being a secure man amongst it all means you can rise above it quite comfortably.
AND-y

Post by AND-y »

Another burning issue that i'm sure the PR brains trust will have sorted in a jiffy.
Eight_Eye

Post by Eight_Eye »

Yes, feminism has undoubtedly gone too far, but that's because the entire regime of political correctness has gone too far. On that basis, we can include the fixation with racism in our assessment.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Eight_Eye wrote:Yes, feminism has undoubtedly gone too far, but that's because the entire regime of political correctness has gone too far. On that basis, we can include the fixation with racism in our assessment.
:lol: :thumbup:
I'm rooting for 8i on this thread already.
Newby1

Post by Newby1 »

PCPhil wrote:
Newby1 wrote:Just yesterday I saw an attractive lady walking down the street so I naturally gave her an appreciative slap on the buttocks. Apparently I'm now a sex pest. PC gone mad I say.
With your name you should enjoy this Fred...
Turbogoat

Post by Turbogoat »

Eight_Eye wrote:Yes, feminism has undoubtedly gone too far, but that's because the entire regime of political correctness has gone too far. On that basis, we can include the fixation with racism in our assessment.
Yet another group who are victimizing you.
Eight_Eye

Post by Eight_Eye »

Turbogoat wrote:
pontifex wrote:

However, being a secure man amongst it all means you can rise above it quite comfortably.
What a mindless platitude. Maybe you should step out of your personal safe space and engage with the issue as it exists in the world.
pontifex

Post by pontifex »

Turbogoat wrote:
pontifex wrote:

What, self-confidence ('being a secure man' - a slightly anachronistic way to put it if I may say so) means that you ought not to be concerned about political movements that are becoming increasingly irrational, aggressive and vindictive rhetorically? I know you know how to handle yourself with a gun. I don't, and I'm not sure how much longer being able to handle myself with an argument will matter (slight hyperbole there, but you get the point). FWIW, I see the misogynist movement as just as dangerous, though it's far less politically organised at this stage.
Last edited by pontifex on Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

I want to congratulate OceanBreaze on a fantastic thread.
Well done mate.
Eight_Eye

Post by Eight_Eye »

Floppykid wrote:
:lol: :thumbup:
I'm rooting for 8i on this thread already.
Thanks mate. Now that I know you've got my back covered, I can go in guns blazing.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Do it man.
Newby1

Post by Newby1 »

Floppykid wrote:I want to congratulate OceanBreaze on a fantastic thread.
Well done mate.
I concur. If there's one topic guaranteed to get knickers in a twist...
Turbogoat

Post by Turbogoat »

Eight_Eye wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
pontifex wrote:

What a mindless platitude. Maybe you should step out of your personal safe space and engage with the issue as it exists in the world.
I understand that you feel impotent, and emasculated by women being successful. I can't stop you feeling like this. I do feel badly for you.

It just doesn't make me feel like less of a man to see a woman succeed. It's not that difficult really.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

What - women equal to men? Don't be stupid :lol:
Eight_Eye

Post by Eight_Eye »

Floppykid wrote:Do it man.
This actually might be a damp squib of a thread. I don't think there are many feminists on the bored judging by the popularity of the Booty thread.

Chuckles I think is a lapsed feminist. He objectifies female bodies too readily to be a live one.
Turbogoat

Post by Turbogoat »

pontifex wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
pontifex wrote:

What, self-confidence ('being a secure man' - a slightly anachronistic way to put it if I may say so) means that you ought not to be concerned about political movements that are becoming increasingly irrational, aggressive and vindictive rhetorically? I know you know how to handle yourself with a gun. I don't, and I'm not sure how much longer being able to handle myself with an argument will matter (slight hyperbole there, but you get the point). FWIW, I see the misogynist movement as just as dangerous, though it's far less politically organised at this stage.
The misogynist movement is the worst thing that can happen really. When you get the weaker types lashing out in response to some of the more aggressive rhetoric coming from the SJW side, they all just descend into a mutually destructive shitstorm.

That's where being a man that is secure enough in himself, and not prone to painting himself as a victim is the best defence. In fact, not being defensive is the best defence.
Eight_Eye

Post by Eight_Eye »

Turbogoat wrote:
Eight_Eye wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
pontifex wrote:

I understand that you feel impotent, and emasculated by women being successful. I can't stop you feeling like this. I do feel badly for you.

It just doesn't make me feel like less of a man to see a woman succeed. It's not that difficult really.
This isn't about women succeeding - the glass ceiling for women is so yesteryear.

This is more about the efforts of feminists to control the way we think about women and ourselves.
ScarfaceClaw

Post by ScarfaceClaw »

PCPhil wrote:
Were you that attractive lady?
Turbogoat

Post by Turbogoat »

Eight_Eye wrote:
This isn't about women succeeding - the glass ceiling for women is so yesteryear.

This is more about the efforts of feminists to control the way we think about women and ourselves.
Yup. This is what I mean.

As soon as you paint yourself as a victim, you're basically becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Rise above it. Harden up. Cowboy up, for once in your life.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Duff Paddy wrote:What - women equal to men? Don't be stupid :lol:
What Duff !

As I said to the Polish cleaner down the club the other week, you don't feel inferior to men, do you, Magda? How the lads cheered when she confirmed that she didn't.

There you have it.
Silver

Post by Silver »

Turbogoat wrote:
pontifex wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
pontifex wrote:

The misogynist movement is the worst thing that can happen really. When you get the weaker types lashing out in response to some of the more aggressive rhetoric coming from the SJW side, they all just descend into a mutually destructive shitstorm.

That's where being a man that is secure enough in himself, and not prone to painting himself as a victim is the best defence. In fact, not being defensive is the best defence.
:roll:

Joffrey (I am the king)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgYpGBGDsuE
Eight_Eye

Post by Eight_Eye »

Turbogoat wrote:
Eight_Eye wrote:

As soon as you paint yourself as a victim, you're basically becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy.

This isn't about me. It is about the emasculation of men. It is about the ideological castration of our kind.

You may not realise it, but we're both on the same side in this.
Turbogoat

Post by Turbogoat »

Eight_Eye wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
Eight_Eye wrote:

This isn't about me. It is about the emasculation of men. It is about the ideological castration of our kind.

You may not realise it, but we're both on the same side in this.
No we're not. I still have my balls.
Newby1

Post by Newby1 »

Turbogoat wrote:
Eight_Eye wrote:

Ahem? Cowperson surely...
Eight_Eye

Post by Eight_Eye »

Newby1 wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
Eight_Eye wrote:

Ahem? Cowperson surely...
Indeed.

And all this talk of "hardening up". It is such sexually aggressive language, as if he is seeking to violate someone, a woman perhaps.

And as feminists keep reminding us, men are out of touch with their emotions, trained by the firm hand of patriarchy to repress their more vulnerable feelings.
pontifex

Post by pontifex »

Turbogoat wrote:
pontifex wrote:
Turbogoat wrote:
pontifex wrote:

But this isn't about whether or not I'm secure in my manly manliness. It's about a political movement. One from which I do not want to have to defend myself now or in the future. Should we refrain from engaging in an argument with the 3rd wave feminist movement because to do so would be unmanly? I don't quite get your point, other than that, yes, many of the misogynists are deeply insecure.