Petros

Re: The OFFICIAL Conservative leader race thread

Post by Petros »

SaintK wrote:Liam Fox and Ian Duncan Smith...............dream ticket :shock:

Two dodgy right wingers with bad track records :(
Emily

Post by Emily »

bimboman wrote:How on earth do fox and hunt think they're right to lead the country?

..from listening to the voices in their head.
kagamusha

Post by kagamusha »

zt1903 wrote:The Conservative Party does have a tendency not to vote in the favourite and can be harder to call that other parties e.g. Major over Heseltine, Hague over Clarke and Cameron over Davis.

This leads one to suspect that the next leader may not be BoJo.

Given that it's about time we had another Scottish PM then I would suggest Liam Fox.
Liam Fox is a complete prat and is also as thick as pig shit...

My Mrs works in school, Gove has just created one of biggest education messes since that Labour prat in the 1960s who abolished the grammar schools....
Last edited by kagamusha on Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TranceNRG

Post by TranceNRG »

Theresa May or Stephen Carbb for me
BBC 2

Post by BBC 2 »

Ledzep wrote:FAO: Bimbo -
Its a matter of opinion regarding Boris I suppose. With regards to May I think she's been a poor home secretary who failed on immigration, the police and also went missing in Campaigning on the recent referendum. I suspect she may have been hedging her bets and knew what the result was going to be!
Every Home secretary has failed, one way or another. I would regard her as a relative success, and your point regarding immigration is ridiculous, bearing in mind the referendum issue. Think you are right about having her eyes on the prize though.
TranceNRG

Post by TranceNRG »

BBC 2 wrote:
Its a matter of opinion regarding Boris I suppose. With regards to May I think she's been a poor home secretary who failed on immigration, the police and also went missing in Campaigning on the recent referendum. I suspect she may have been hedging her bets and knew what the result was going to be!
Every Home secretary has failed, one way or another. I would regard her as a relative success, and your point regarding immigration is ridiculous, bearing in mind the referendum issue. Think you are right about having her eyes on the prize though.
Blaming May for Immigration is silly. I guarantee if there was a Labour government Net migration would be over 500K. There was a massive shake up of the visa system and it's now very difficult to get a work visa for a non EU person.
Ledzep

Post by Ledzep »

BBC 2 wrote:
My point on immigration is on the money....if she got some form of immigration controls in place we wouldnt be in this mess in the first place.
BBC 2

Post by BBC 2 »

Ledzep wrote:
BBC 2 wrote:
My point on immigration is on the money....if she got some form of immigration controls in place we wouldnt be in this mess in the first place.
You do understand what the referendum was about don't you?
Ledzep

Post by Ledzep »

TranceNRG wrote:
BBC 2 wrote:
Blaming May for Immigration is silly. I guarantee if there was a Labour government Net migration would be over 500K. There was a massive shake up of the visa system and it's now very difficult to get a work visa for a non EU person.
Its all about perception and the main reason people saw immigration as a threat. If she bolstered border controls and expelled illegals it probably wouldnt have made a dent in the numbers but would have given people some form of comfort. Probably enough to change the result of the referendum.
TranceNRG

Post by TranceNRG »

Ledzep wrote:
BBC 2 wrote:
They did. Massively changed non EU visa system which was free for all before. And further changes are on the way. They can't do anything about EU migration.
Ledzep

Post by Ledzep »

BBC 2 wrote:
Ledzep wrote:
BBC 2 wrote:
If youre going to ask stupid questions there's no point in discussing it.
Ledzep

Post by Ledzep »

TranceNRG wrote:
Ledzep wrote:
BBC 2 wrote:
They did. Massively changed non EU visa system which was free for all before. And further changes are on the way. They can't do anything about EU migration.
Based on the referendum results and the outcome it seems the public didnt see it Im afraid.
BBC 2

Post by BBC 2 »

Ledzep wrote:
BBC 2 wrote:
Ledzep wrote:
BBC 2 wrote:
If youre going to ask stupid questions there's no point in discussing it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TranceNRG

Post by TranceNRG »

Ledzep wrote:
TranceNRG wrote:
Ledzep wrote:
BBC 2 wrote:
Based on the referendum results and the outcome it seems the public didnt see it Im afraid.
They saw that there was a massive jump in EU migration. Also immigration was just one of the issues.
Ledzep

Post by Ledzep »

Trance, agree completely. Im not debating the referendum, im giving my reasons why I dont think May is PM material. I think she could have done a much better job. I also really didn't like her slagging the police at their annual conference. I suspect she was playing up to the public.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Emily wrote:
bimboman wrote:How on earth do fox and hunt think they're right to lead the country?

..from listening to the voices in their head.

No seriously you're close I reckon. I'm a Tory, apart from being not liked in general both have been seen completly inept .
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Ledzep wrote:Trance, agree completely. Im not debating the referendum, im giving my reasons why I dont think May is PM material. I think she could have done a much better job. I also really didn't like her slagging the police at their annual conference. I suspect she was playing up to the public.

She has been great with the police, immigration --- meh. She's a f ucking adult at least and we need one.
Ledzep

Post by Ledzep »

bimboman wrote:
Ledzep wrote:Trance, agree completely. Im not debating the referendum, im giving my reasons why I dont think May is PM material. I think she could have done a much better job. I also really didn't like her slagging the police at their annual conference. I suspect she was playing up to the public.

She has been great with the police, immigration --- meh. She's a f ucking adult at least and we need one.
What? :?
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Ledzep wrote:
bimboman wrote:

Theresa may has been a good Home Secretary, and is experienced enough to lead.
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

I have thought they would make Boris carry through the EU wrangling at least?
Ledzep

Post by Ledzep »

bimboman wrote:
Ledzep wrote:
bimboman wrote:

Theresa may has been a good Home Secretary, and is experienced enough to lead.
She's failed or overseen cockups since the start of her career. Its worth doing doing some rearch before endorsing her for the role of PM. :thumbup:
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Over gove, Johnson, hunt or fox, she'd have to have killed a lot of kittens.
Calculus

Post by Calculus »

Home secretary has been a poisoned chalice ending many political careers and she’s been in the job longer than her predecessors have manged. As for her criticism of the police, long overdue IMO and it shows she’s got balls.
SamShark

Post by SamShark »

Anyone but that fat f**king fraud Boris.

I hope his career is over but sadly his popularity seems to endure.

Though I guess at least he doesn't really want to leave the EU.

I want any leader that calls a General Election - not sure any would?
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

I'd go for Dr Fox, but I fear he has too much integrity to be a good tory leader.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

message #2527204 wrote:I'd go for Dr Fox, but I fear he has too much integrity to be a good tory leader.

:lol:
Saint

Post by Saint »

message #2527204 wrote:I'd go for Dr Fox, but I fear he has too much integrity to be a good tory leader.
Whatever faults Liam Fox has, an excess of integrity isn't one of them
Sefton

Post by Sefton »

C69

Post by C69 »

Sefton wrote:
:|
Seez

Post by Seez »

Sefton wrote:
He sounds like silver in this clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEolSjlcqng
toweliechaos

Post by toweliechaos »

It. Will. Not. Be. Boris.
Dobbin

Post by Dobbin »

theresa may

and shell be facing yvette cooper over the dispatch box before very long i reckon
zt1903

Post by zt1903 »

Dobbin wrote:theresa may

and shell be facing yvette cooper over the dispatch box before very long i reckon
What a horrendous prospect. x(
Ledzep

Post by Ledzep »

zt1903 wrote:

There's a very real prospect of having 3 major Countries (UK, Germany and the US) all having women as leaders at the same time! :) Menstrual synchrony could be a real problem! :o :lol:
zt1903

Post by zt1903 »

Ledzep wrote:
zt1903 wrote:

There's a very real prospect of having 3 major Countries (UK, Germany and the US) all having women as leaders at the same time! :) Menstrual synchrony could be a real problem! :o :lol:
The issue, for me, not being that they are women. Cooper is a colossal twunt, possibly even more so than her husband, and May is military medium politician best known for her shoes. Hillary Clinton is the epitome of everything that's wrong in politics. On the other hand I do think Angela Merkel is pretty decent.
Calculus

Post by Calculus »

Ledzep wrote:
zt1903 wrote:

What is your problem with women?
zt1903

Post by zt1903 »

Calculus wrote:
Ledzep wrote:
zt1903 wrote:

The impact of menstrual cycle on decision making?
Ledzep

Post by Ledzep »

Calculus wrote:
Ledzep wrote:
zt1903 wrote:

Did you not notice the smiley after I stated we would have 3 women leaders? I have no problem with Women at all and the fact that the male leaders of the world have f**ked things up royally I think it might be a good thing... :thumbup: Maybe you should stop being so sensitive?
Ledzep

Post by Ledzep »

zt1903 wrote:
Calculus wrote:
Ledzep wrote:
zt1903 wrote:

The impact of menstrual cycle on decision making?
:lol:
Calculus

Post by Calculus »

Ledzep wrote:
Calculus wrote:
Ledzep wrote:
zt1903 wrote:

Did you not notice the smiley after I stated we would have 3 women leaders? I have no problem with Women at all and the fact that the male leaders of the world have f**k things up royally I think it might be a good thing... :thumbup: Maybe you should stop being so sensitive?

Just though it was a crap sexist joke, not least because none of them are likely to be menstruating due to their age, or living in the same house. Current scientific evidence suggest menstrual synchrony is bollocks anyway.