Truck Attack in Nice

All things Rugby
jolindien

Re: Truck Attack in Nice

Post by jolindien »

odval : ouais, si le gars a roulé sur 2 km ça sent quand meme le fait terroriste, pas d'un déséquilibré... surtout avec un camion.

c'est pas possible cette folie
jolindien

Post by jolindien »

Ils essaient de faire des repliques du bataclan en nombre de touchés. Mais là on va jamais s'en sortir, ça va durer des années !
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Seneca of the Night wrote:
EverReady wrote:
Seneca of the Night wrote:What the f**k is wrong with the Irish on this place? Anyone got a theory?
Shut up
Okay.

It's late. But I will be back tomorrow.
:thumbup:
Odval

Post by Odval »

jolindien wrote:odval : ouais, si le gars a roulé sur 2 km ça sent quand meme le fait terroriste, pas d'un déséquilibré... surtout avec un camion.

Nous sommes d'accord. Surtout qu'ils étaient deux à bord, qu'ils ont tiré dans la foule -témoignages de cris "Allah akbar"- avant de repartir. ET il y avait des armes et des grenades à bord.
jolindien

Post by jolindien »

70 deads, can we imagine how many lives have been destroyed tonight, 300, 500 ?
that's insane again
Emily

Post by Emily »

Part of the Al Adnani fatwa 2014

“strike the soldiers, patrons, and troops of the tawāghīt [those who cross the limits of Allah]. Strike their police, security, and intelligence members, as well as their treacherous agents. Destroy their beds. Embitter their lives for them and busy them with themselves.If you can kill a disbelieving American or European – especially the spiteful and filthy French – or an Australian, or a Canadian, or any other disbeliever from the disbelievers waging war, including the citizens of the countries that entered into a coalition against the Islamic State, then rely upon Allah, and kill him in any manner or way however it may be. Smash his head with a rock, or slaughter him with a knife, or run him over with your car, or throw him down from a high place, or choke him, or poison him
True Blue

Post by True Blue »

Diego wrote:Something fairly major is going to need to happen to stop these attacks. What it will be I don't know, but it needs to happen. Things can't go on as they are.

ISIS needs to be obliterated for a start. US needs to send 200k men, UK and France 40k each, the rest can contribute. Just go there and remove their bases of power. Needs to be a coordinated global effort, but sadly there's no stomach for it.
Brumbieman

Post by Brumbieman »

Anyone heard anything about Canne?
jolindien

Post by jolindien »

Odval wrote:
jolindien wrote:odval : ouais, si le gars a roulé sur 2 km ça sent quand meme le fait terroriste, pas d'un déséquilibré... surtout avec un camion.

Nous sommes d'accord. Surtout qu'ils étaient deux à bord, qu'ils ont tiré dans la foule -témoignages de cris "Allah akbar"- avant de repartir. ET il y avait des armes et des grenades à bord.
Ils ont tirés en plus !?
Ptain.

T'as de la chance d'être en corse gars...
yaurait pas du boulot labas ? faut vraiment que je me mette au vert, ca sent de plus en plus pas bon cette societe.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

This is so awful.
jolindien

Post by jolindien »

Emily wrote:Part of the Al Adnani fatwa 2014

“strike the soldiers, patrons, and troops of the tawāghīt [those who cross the limits of Allah]. Strike their police, security, and intelligence members, as well as their treacherous agents. Destroy their beds. Embitter their lives for them and busy them with themselves.If you can kill a disbelieving American or European – especially the spiteful and filthy French – or an Australian, or a Canadian, or any other disbeliever from the disbelievers waging war, including the citizens of the countries that entered into a coalition against the Islamic State, then rely upon Allah, and kill him in any manner or way however it may be. Smash his head with a rock, or slaughter him with a knife, or run him over with your car, or throw him down from a high place, or choke him, or poison him
they also killed muslims tonight (see on tv).
Emily

Post by Emily »

jolindien wrote:

??

Yes I know - some were querying why France and some commenting on use of a truck/hgv or whatever . Low tech but effective.

Fatwa "inspired" a plot to attack Shepherds Bush Police Station and White City army barracks- was foiled by both good intelligence and diligent police work - but they only have to be "lucky" once. Intel services can only do so much.
Last edited by Emily on Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
jolindien

Post by jolindien »

Emily wrote:
jolindien wrote:

??

Yes I know - some were querying why France and some commenting on use of a truck/hgv or whatever . Low tech but effective.
I was just stating that bullshit is bullshit, and that fatwa is bullshit obviously, but they don't care.
flaggETERNAL

Post by flaggETERNAL »

In no way trying to lessen the tragic loss of others in the attack but are all PR French posters safe?
moosehead

Post by moosehead »

Thoughts are with the innocent victims and their families.......

Freedom, democracy and a secular state are a treasured legacy of the French state that has benefitted all liberal democracies across the world.

Vive la France. Vive La Liberte.
ZappaMan

Post by ZappaMan »

I'm close to tears here. Getting increasingly fucking angry, too.
flaggETERNAL

Post by flaggETERNAL »

ZappaMan wrote:I'm close to tears here. Getting increasingly fucking angry, too.
That anger is exactly what ISIL want no? It's completely understandable though.
jolindien

Post by jolindien »

I'll try to go to bed, but that's hell.

Violence produce violence. I really get the feeling that the human relations are getting more and more violent and degrading in the everyday life. Individualism and common violence are true roots to evil.
kindness is the only way out, and it's not like it is the standard in our societies. We won't see the end of this and might well be directly impacted in our lifetime.

Kindness, we should keep being as kind as possible in our everyday life, kindness produce kindness whereas violence produce violence, what the nature of the violence.

Lives lost for nothing. Kids lives lost.
How not to turn mad, how to survive to that.
Last edited by jolindien on Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
jolindien

Post by jolindien »

flaggETERNAL wrote:In no way trying to lessen the tragic loss of others in the attack but are all PR French posters safe?
Xupi seemed rather close to the events with his family in antibes..
naki

Post by naki »

70 killed with a truck? 70?!?

Did he/they/it/scum manage to shoot quite a few in the aftermath? Because that's an insane death count.

Best wishes Frenchies, hope no one or their families is caught up in this
Emily

Post by Emily »

jolindien wrote:
Emily wrote:
jolindien wrote:

??

I was just stating that bullshit is bullshit, and that fatwa is bullshit obviously, but they don't care.
Well that's a given - but it inspires the few, with devasating consequences.

Such an horrendous act, well nigh impossible to stop - RIP.
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

Seneca of the Night wrote:It should go the way of the Cathars.
EDGELORD!
Sonny Blount

Post by Sonny Blount »

flaggETERNAL wrote:
ZappaMan wrote:I'm close to tears here. Getting increasingly fucking angry, too.
That anger is exactly what ISIL want no? It's completely understandable though.

ISIS want armageddon.

We should give them what they want.
kiwinoz

Post by kiwinoz »

Very tragic news. Stay safe guys.
Gospel

Post by Gospel »

Just catching up with this... un-fucking-believable. :( :x
moosehead

Post by moosehead »

Tomorrow i am hosting French friends visiting Canada....

Tomorrow we will toast FRANCE and drink Champagne.

Feck ISIL

"Vive la France", "Vive la liberté"

Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité
jolindien

Post by jolindien »

It was a family stuff, with kids and babies.
Next days will show how horrible it is i think.
what can we do or say ?
HKCJ

Post by HKCJ »

Just awful. My condolences to the French posters. Just got a message from a mate who I didn't realise was even there to say he and his wife are OK thank god but that they were on the promenade and not sure how they are alive.
jolindien

Post by jolindien »

they are talking about 75 deads.
HKCJ

Post by HKCJ »

When you think that bin lorry a few years back in Glasgow killed 6 people and that was going quite slowly and not targeting pedestrians then its easy to see that a lorry driven full speed at crowds of people would have catastrophic consequences. :((
jolindien

Post by jolindien »

condolences to the peaceful people of the world, and to the families of course.
I think it's not against us as french, it's against those who live differently than them.
Summer in Nice, there must be people from all over the world.

Tv says the truck was going zig-zag and on pavements to strike the maximum of people.
flaggETERNAL

Post by flaggETERNAL »

HKCJ wrote:Just awful. My condolences to the French posters. Just got a message from a mate who I didn't realise was even there to say he and his wife are OK thank god but that they were on the promenade and not sure how they are alive.
:shock: :shock: :shock:
eugenius

Post by eugenius »

Beautiful town - stayed not so long ago in a hotel so close to where the worst carnage happened .

Disgusting fanatics ...
jolindien

Post by jolindien »

flaggETERNAL wrote:
HKCJ wrote:Just awful. My condolences to the French posters. Just got a message from a mate who I didn't realise was even there to say he and his wife are OK thank god but that they were on the promenade and not sure how they are alive.
does that mean they escaped the truck ??
Gospel

Post by Gospel »

I feel physically sick. I don't know how you French folk are feeling. This is just beyond comprehension.
jolindien

Post by jolindien »

same here, i'm having a headache atm
jolindien

Post by jolindien »

horrible stuff from witnesses on tv... one ran to try to help, first person was dead, second one was dead too, and then she saw a baby with his head "crushed"... f**king hell

Surely that was to be likfe this, a truck into families...
RuggaBugga

Post by RuggaBugga »

f**king hell. Don't even know what to say really.

Was in both Turkey and France recently and have to admit being a bit on edge. The Mrs and I were discussing this exact scenario happening :((

It just seems so intractable. I can't see how it ends and it makes me so sad and angry.

Kia Kaha Frenchies.
jolindien

Post by jolindien »

f**king hell, this is completly insane... we have to somehow "pray" for all these people... how can you survive such a tragedy
HKCJ

Post by HKCJ »

jolindien wrote:
flaggETERNAL wrote:
does that mean they escaped the truck ??
Yes. It seems they had been on the promenade but his wife is pregnant so they returned to the hotel because she was tired.