Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4533 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 110, 111, 112, 113, 114  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 pm
Posts: 3116
Location: Boston
Tehui wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Even with the pics, I have to think the Warriors would be disappointed with that haul for Russell.


I've never rated Russell. But then again, I've never rated Wiggins either. I'd rather be the Warriors receiving an overpaid Wiggins and 2 draft picks, than the Timberwolves who receive a streaky guard with an over-inflated ego. Listen to me sounding like the sh!t. LOL


That's my position as well. A TWolves 1st is bound to be worth something too, and that's on top of what's sure to be a good pick this year. Looking good for staying relevant.

TWolves are a shit franchise, if I'm the Warriors I take the gamble that Wiggins can be "fixed"...and even if not, he's a 20-25 PPG type of player as it is.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17166
He's not a 20 point player on a team that's worth shit. If he's shooting that much, it's cause the team sucks.

He'll be better with the Warriors though as he's a decent defender and spot up 3pt shooter. Not remotely worth the money, of course, but the Warriors can get some use out of him and can trade the contract in a couple of years to a team looking to clear cap space down the line. The pick is also a good tradeable asset.

The T-Wolves got the best player in the deal, got rid of a terrible contract and may have increased their chances of keeping their best player. They're still not much good, but should be better than they were at least. They didn't do badly.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 pm
Posts: 3116
Location: Boston
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
He's not a 20 point player on a team that's worth shit. If he's shooting that much, it's cause the team sucks.

He'll be better with the Warriors though as he's a decent defender and spot up 3pt shooter. Not remotely worth the money, of course, but the Warriors can get some use out of him and can trade the contract in a couple of years to a team looking to clear cap space down the line. The pick is also a good tradeable asset.

The T-Wolves got the best player in the deal, got rid of a terrible contract and may have increased their chances of keeping their best player. They're still not much good, but should be better than they were at least. They didn't do badly.


He put up 18 PPG on that team that made the playoffs, which is quite decent for the third option that he was (and will be on GSW).

DLo's contract is almost identical to Wiggins', which is fair to me as I put them about level, so still not ideal...the KAT point is a fair one though.


Last edited by fonzeee on Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17166
fonzeee wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
He's not a 20 point player on a team that's worth shit. If he's shooting that much, it's cause the team sucks.

He'll be better with the Warriors though as he's a decent defender and spot up 3pt shooter. Not remotely worth the money, of course, but the Warriors can get some use out of him and can trade the contract in a couple of years to a team looking to clear cap space down the line. The pick is also a good tradeable asset.

The T-Wolves got the best player in the deal, got rid of a terrible contract and may have increased their chances of keeping their best player. They're still not much good, but should be better than they were at least. They didn't do badly.


He put up 18 PPG on that team that made the playoffs, which is quite decent for the third option that he was (and will be on GSW).

DLo's contract is almost identical to Wiggins', which is fair to me as I put them about level...the KAT point is a fair one though.


I'll pedantically point out that 18 is less than 20, but fair enough. Russell's got a bigger potential upside, IMO.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 pm
Posts: 3116
Location: Boston
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
fonzeee wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
He's not a 20 point player on a team that's worth shit. If he's shooting that much, it's cause the team sucks.

He'll be better with the Warriors though as he's a decent defender and spot up 3pt shooter. Not remotely worth the money, of course, but the Warriors can get some use out of him and can trade the contract in a couple of years to a team looking to clear cap space down the line. The pick is also a good tradeable asset.

The T-Wolves got the best player in the deal, got rid of a terrible contract and may have increased their chances of keeping their best player. They're still not much good, but should be better than they were at least. They didn't do badly.


He put up 18 PPG on that team that made the playoffs, which is quite decent for the third option that he was (and will be on GSW).

DLo's contract is almost identical to Wiggins', which is fair to me as I put them about level...the KAT point is a fair one though.


I'll pedantically point out that 18 is less than 20, but fair enough. Russell's got a bigger potential upside, IMO.


I don't necessarily disagree, but I'm eager to see what the Warriors can do with Wiggins. In any case, it's the picks and the better fit (addressing a position of need + a lesser ego [albeit due to a lack of passion]) that make me like it from the GSW standpoint.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17166
fonzeee wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
fonzeee wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
He's not a 20 point player on a team that's worth shit. If he's shooting that much, it's cause the team sucks.

He'll be better with the Warriors though as he's a decent defender and spot up 3pt shooter. Not remotely worth the money, of course, but the Warriors can get some use out of him and can trade the contract in a couple of years to a team looking to clear cap space down the line. The pick is also a good tradeable asset.

The T-Wolves got the best player in the deal, got rid of a terrible contract and may have increased their chances of keeping their best player. They're still not much good, but should be better than they were at least. They didn't do badly.


He put up 18 PPG on that team that made the playoffs, which is quite decent for the third option that he was (and will be on GSW).

DLo's contract is almost identical to Wiggins', which is fair to me as I put them about level...the KAT point is a fair one though.


I'll pedantically point out that 18 is less than 20, but fair enough. Russell's got a bigger potential upside, IMO.


I don't necessarily disagree, but I'm eager to see what the Warriors can do with Wiggins. In any case, it's the picks and the better fit (addressing a position of need + a lesser ego [albeit due to a lack of passion]) that make me like it from the GSW standpoint.


It's all house money for GSW to some extent as the alternative was losing KD for nothing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 pm
Posts: 3116
Location: Boston
Now that I'm thinking about it though, surely they must need to get rid of one of the Big Three + Wiggins before long? Luxury tax is going to be astronomical.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17166
That stadium is a licence to print money, they were fully prepared to pay the repeater tax for years if they'd resigned KD. Wouldn't be so keen for Wiggins obv, but they can pay the tax for a couple of years I guess.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15463
fonzeee wrote:
Now that I'm thinking about it though, surely they must need to get rid of one of the Big Three + Wiggins before long? Luxury tax is going to be astronomical.


That Warriors team (excluding Wiggins) has made 5 finals and won 3 championships and has consequently brought in truckloads of cash. They'd be fools if they broke up a championship team simple to reduce their tax burden.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 pm
Posts: 3116
Location: Boston
Tehui wrote:
fonzeee wrote:
Now that I'm thinking about it though, surely they must need to get rid of one of the Big Three + Wiggins before long? Luxury tax is going to be astronomical.


That Warriors team (excluding Wiggins) has made 5 finals and won 3 championships and has consequently brought in truckloads of cash. They'd be fools if they broke up a championship team simple to reduce their tax burden.


While they did beat a hobbled Cavs team without KD, I don't think anyone should consider them serious contenders without Durant. I'm not sure anyone does.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8502
That is a horrifically bad missed goaltending call. Wouldn't be shocked to see Dame go off on the refs in his presser. Ridiculous that you can challenge a goaltending call but can't challenge a non-call.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 pm
Posts: 3116
Location: Boston
goeagles wrote:
That is a horrifically bad missed goaltending call. Wouldn't be shocked to see Dame go off on the refs in his presser. Ridiculous that you can challenge a goaltending call but can't challenge a non-call.


It really is hilarious how the refs will interrupt a game to decide if a hard foul in the second quarter deserves to be a flagrant 1 or a flagrant 2, and then all of a sudden they haven't got time to double-check a game-deciding call that was so obvious even the commentators were up in arms. Like seriously, you won't even take a look?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 12807
Mate had Blazers ML, so he was not happy!

Woj even tweeted about it:

Quote:
Hard to miss a call worse than officials did on a Gobert goaltend of a Lillard drive and lay-in in final seconds of a brutal loss. Back-to-back at altitude in Utah, bench depleted — just a hellacious end. Orlando on Thursday, Portland tonight. Sloppy run of NBA officiating.


Refs have had a down year...

Here's the missed call, for those that missed it: https://twitter.com/ComplexSports/status/1226024127225647104

Unreal. :?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8502
Marshall Banana wrote:
Mate had Blazers ML, so he was not happy!

Woj even tweeted about it:

Quote:
Hard to miss a call worse than officials did on a Gobert goaltend of a Lillard drive and lay-in in final seconds of a brutal loss. Back-to-back at altitude in Utah, bench depleted — just a hellacious end. Orlando on Thursday, Portland tonight. Sloppy run of NBA officiating.


Refs have had a down year...

Here's the missed call, for those that missed it: https://twitter.com/ComplexSports/status/1226024127225647104

Unreal. :?


I had the 2nd half over and needed OT. Fun stuff.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17166
fonzeee wrote:
goeagles wrote:
That is a horrifically bad missed goaltending call. Wouldn't be shocked to see Dame go off on the refs in his presser. Ridiculous that you can challenge a goaltending call but can't challenge a non-call.


It really is hilarious how the refs will interrupt a game to decide if a hard foul in the second quarter deserves to be a flagrant 1 or a flagrant 2, and then all of a sudden they haven't got time to double-check a game-deciding call that was so obvious even the commentators were up in arms. Like seriously, you won't even take a look?


It's not a time thing apparently, it's a protocol thing. A call can be reviewed, but not a non-call. Which is stupid of course.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1332
https://twitter.com/TommyBeer/status/1228515930700963840


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5775
The one cool thing about having annoying jet lag and messed up sleeping patterns is being awake for the All Star game. So many favourites, so many players I don't like... all in one team!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 12807
The 4th quarter was hella fun!

Shame about a FT ending it, but a clear foul, so what can you do?!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5775
Yeah that 4th quarter was great. The format really worked. :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 pm
Posts: 3116
Location: Boston
Pacers decimated by injuries...cometh the hour, cometh the man...

Spoiler: show
Image

Officially linked with a third comeback to the Pacers


Last edited by fonzeee on Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 17849
Lakers have beaten Bucks and Clippers within a few days. Looking good to take the title.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15463
CrazyIslander wrote:
Lakers have beaten Bucks and Clippers within a few days. Looking good to take the title.


One of those three teams will surely win the championship. I can't see any team in the East taking the healthy Bucks side to 7 games.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 pm
Posts: 3116
Location: Boston
Tehui wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
Lakers have beaten Bucks and Clippers within a few days. Looking good to take the title.


One of those three teams will surely win the championship. I can't see any team in the East taking the healthy Bucks side to 7 games.


IDK if they'd win the series but I wouldn't sleep on the Raptors. I daresay this vintage is just about as good as last year's team; Siakam is a legit top ten player, Lowry and FVV provide excellent direction, even the likes of Norman Powell just won player of the week on the back of a three game stretch where he averaged 31 points. Everybody's stepping up.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 17849
fonzeee wrote:
Tehui wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
Lakers have beaten Bucks and Clippers within a few days. Looking good to take the title.


One of those three teams will surely win the championship. I can't see any team in the East taking the healthy Bucks side to 7 games.


IDK if they'd win the series but I wouldn't sleep on the Raptors. I daresay this vintage is just about as good as last year's team; Siakam is a legit top ten player, Lowry and FVV provide excellent direction, even the likes of Norman Powell just won player of the week on the back of a three game stretch where he averaged 31 points. Everybody's stepping up.

Even so, they were all firing last year but still needed Kawhi to produce MVP level performances to win it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15463
CrazyIslander wrote:
fonzeee wrote:
Tehui wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
Lakers have beaten Bucks and Clippers within a few days. Looking good to take the title.


One of those three teams will surely win the championship. I can't see any team in the East taking the healthy Bucks side to 7 games.


IDK if they'd win the series but I wouldn't sleep on the Raptors. I daresay this vintage is just about as good as last year's team; Siakam is a legit top ten player, Lowry and FVV provide excellent direction, even the likes of Norman Powell just won player of the week on the back of a three game stretch where he averaged 31 points. Everybody's stepping up.

Even so, they were all firing last year but still needed Kawhi to produce MVP level performances to win it.


And for the Warriors to get injured. Not that they have my sympathy. They won plenty of championships against rivals who were injured.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 12807
Rudy Gobert is a fucking stupid selfish plum.

Image

:?

He fell ill 2 days later, and the Thunder v. Jazz game has just been postponed:

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1237901319605817344

"You are all safe"...

Quote:
Royce Young is reporting on ESPN that the Thunder's head doc came "sprinting" out to the court moments before tip and that the belief is that it's related to the players involved in this game.


https://twitter.com/jgsiegel/status/1237901982519574528

Gobert + Mudiay are the unwell players. The latter didn't act like a douche.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 pm
Posts: 3116
Location: Boston
Quote:
He fell ill 2 days later


Probably not related to that particular juvenile act but still :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8502
It feels like they're going to go to games behind closed doors league-wide but that's only gonna last a couple weeks before a player or staff member gets confirmed. It's completely irresponsible, especially in Sacramento, to still be having fans at games.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 12807
Gobert has been confirmed to have it.

NBA has just suspended the season.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1237914404722806784

Quote:
Following Rudy Gobert's positive COVID-19 test, the NBA is in an indefinite suspension.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8502
Marshall Banana wrote:
Gobert has been confirmed to have it.

NBA has just suspended the season.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1237914404722806784

Quote:
Following Rudy Gobert's positive COVID-19 test, the NBA is in an indefinite suspension.


Wow, the right move for sure.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 pm
Posts: 12807
Yup - had to be done.

https://twitter.com/royceyoung/status/1237917587675271168

Quote:
Prior to tip-off as the game was delayed, Chris Paul ran over to the Utah bench and said “what’s wrong with Rudy?” and they all yelled for him to get away. Now all the players are quarantined in their locker rooms, being tested for the virus.


:uhoh:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1332
Protec Zion at all costs


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15463
More load management for Kawhi.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 17849
Now its getting serious


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9715
Location: Indiana
Marshall Banana wrote:
Gobert has been confirmed to have it.

NBA has just suspended the season.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1237914404722806784

Quote:
Following Rudy Gobert's positive COVID-19 test, the NBA is in an indefinite suspension.


Damn.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8502
Almost all the college conference tournaments have now been canceled, with the NCAA Tourney surely to follow (probably suspension rather than cancellation, with the hope of playing it in May or something). Meanwhile the Big Sky Tournament is currently scheduled to tip off in an hour and a half, and not behind closed doors.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9715
Location: Indiana
Big Sky country is pretty isolated anyway.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15463
I've now been living long enough to see Sports affected by:

- economic crisis
- war
- terrorism
- natural disaster

and now

- pandemic.

(which is also creating an economic crisis).


Last edited by Tehui on Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15463
Donovan Mitchell (Utah Jazz) is also reported to have the Coronavirus. Damn.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17166
Tehui wrote:
Donovan Mitchell (Utah Jazz) is also reported to have the Coronavirus. Damn.


There's been reports that Gobert was clowning around and purposefully touching things/people in the locker room (much like he did with the microphones in a press conference a couple of days ago) and that other players are pissed at him. He must be feeling like a real dick right now, but it's probably done the general public a service as a lot more people will realise that the protocols are there for a reason and it's only funny until all of a sudden it's not.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4533 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 110, 111, 112, 113, 114  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: A5D5E5, alliswell, Brazil, camroc1, CarrotGawks, Chilli, Conspicuous, dargotronV.1, eldanielfire, feckwanker, Frodder, Gospel, Kanbei, koroke hangareka, Leinsterman, lorcanoworms, message #2527204, Monk Zombie, Nieghorn, not_english, Oxbow, Pat the Ex Mat, penguin, Petros, Raggs, Risteard, robmatic, Sensible Stephen, Short Man Syndrome, Slim 293, slopehead, terryfinch, The Sun God, Toulon's Not Toulouse, Wilson's Toffee, wreckthehouse and 99 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group