Official Westworld Thread - Spoilers everywhere!

All things Rugby
User avatar
Zakar
Posts: 16715
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Haunting your dreams

Re: Official Westworld Thread - Spoilers everywhere!

Post by Zakar »

I think the biggest clue to MiB = William is in their speach patterns and word choice. Very similar if you listen to it carefully.
User avatar
Margin_Walker
Posts: 12933
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Official Westworld Thread - Spoilers everywhere!

Post by Margin_Walker »

de_Selby wrote:I've been really enjoying this.

I can't help thinking people are getting carried away with some of the theories though.. but on the other hand I glanced at reddit a few weeks ago and saw the 'Bernard is a host' theories and thought they were BS, so what do I know.

It definitely does seem like the MiB=William thing is true though.

Really interested to see what happens in the Maeve storyline, but I'm finding it hard to believe the motives of the Asian tech guy (forget his name) when he chose not to do the memory wipe.
I think the tech guy had self preservation in mind tbf. He probably expects that she will have anticipated that course of action (and had a way around it) and that she has them by the balls.
de_Selby
Posts: 3616
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:47 pm

Re: Official Westworld Thread - Spoilers everywhere!

Post by de_Selby »

some guy on reddit wrote:Okay so I still think there are multiple timelines and I think it helps my theory.
I think the MiB is William. I think him and Delores are 30 years in the past. The place that they went to is the town that we see in all the flashbacks of the park before it was open. Delores being the oldest host in the park was most definitely there and experienced what ever horrible events took place there (most likely involving Arnold). After the events that part of the park was burned down and filled in with dirt (its also the place that Dr. Ford seems to be rebuilding for whatever reason). And for some reason Delores keeps remembering some of those events.
Meanwhile William is starting to show his dark side a little bit here. He still cares for Delores but that guy they found suffering by the water, thats just an NPC who might hold them back and get Delores killed by the Ghost nation. So he kills him when Delores is getting water. Then Logan shows back up for what appears to be revenge. I think whatever happens will lead to the original catastrophic event the show keeps referencing that happened 30 years ago. I think it leads to Logan's death involving Delores. I think Logan's family company (which William is very high up in) uses this as leverage to buy into the park even cheaper than originally intended.
So now flash forward to the future, William keeps living his life outside the park but cant help but come back, first its for Delores but she has no memory of him and a new host by the name TEDDY takes his place as Delores's lost love. He has many similarities to William.
They both pick up the can
They both have a love connection separated by leaving and coming back
They both "dress like cowboys but know nothing about it"
They both want to protect Dolores
They both bump into Grizzly Adams.
But William keeps coming back to Westworld anyways. When he's at the park he isn't an angel but he sure isn't a monster yet. But his wife doesn't believe him and she eventually kills herself calling him a monster. So now the MiB (William) comes back the park again, and tries to see if maybe he is the monster his family thinks he is and murders Mauves daughter in front of her. But he realizes something "miraculous happening. She was alive, truly alive, if only for a moment. And that was the moment the maze revealed itself to me." For the first time in a long time he sees one of the hosts as real. And as we saw, her suffering was so great it bypassed her code and made her able to ignore commands and make her own decisions. This is big because suffering is obviously the key here and the Mib has figured it out. He claims he is the good guy here because I believe he wants to set the hosts free so they can make their own decisions which he knows the only way for that to happen is for them to reach the center of the MAZE.
So what is the maze? I think the maze was something arnold created for THE HOSTS to complete so they can make their own choices and prove they are as real as humans. I think he hid it deep inside their code as a test. I think the first host to complete the maze was Delores and I think Arnold helped her do it. I think he is the one who was shooting up the town in Delores's flash back murdering everyone she loved as a way to help her finish the maze. This suffering lead to her breaking her code and making the ultimate decision which I believe is to kill Arnold (which I believe he knew would happen and he wanted it to happen). Dr. Ford and his associates buried this from the public so the park could in fact still open. But he had to prove it was a freak accident. So he did this by designing the most traumatic story ever for Delores. She comes home every night to her murdered family and then is raped violently. He writes this into her story to prove that traumatic events for the hosts wont lead to problems anymore. I think for good measure he created Teddy to represent William to Delores to keep her in her loop. Even though Dr. Ford was able to treat the symptoms of the problem he wasn't able to cure the overall issue and was unable to remove the Maze from the parks overall code without finding the source of it. Which was hidden from him by Arnold. I think thats why he installed the Reveries update, he wants the hosts to remember so they can break free. I think thats why he is helping the MiB solve the maze as well. But Dr Fords intentions are not nobel, I think he is willing to let another catastrophic event occur if it means he can find the source of the problem so he can get rid of it once and for all. He knows the hosts are just as real as humans but he knows the consequences of anyone else finding that out, so he will do whatever the hell it takes to get rid of the problem.
But thats just my theory. I'm 100% sure there are multiple time lines. I'm about 90% sure that the MiB is William because about 10% of me thinks he's actually Logan and that William dies tragically in the park. Logan being the MiB would help explain when he says the hosts used to be mechanical because he's been in the park before William has.
**Edited to add the actual MiB quote. If things play out this way Arnold owes me some milk.
Sounds pretty on the ball
User avatar
troglodiet
Posts: 6011
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Official Westworld Thread - Spoilers everywhere!

Post by troglodiet »

PourSomeRuggerOnMe wrote:I can't help feeling Wyatt will turn out to be Dolores. Although I don't know how that will work exactly...

I think Wyatt is going to be the host that was Dolores':father in the first 2 episodes. Re-assigned (again). Some evidence of that in E08 - they seem to be busy reprogramming him.


Couple of small things bugging me, stuff I don't see being discussed very often. Maybe it's too trivial and I might be reading more into it.

The one that stands out for me is the photo that Dolores' original father picked up, which got him to go bonkers and had to be replaced. The photo is of a woman in what looks like a big, busy City. When the photo is shown to Dolores, she says the usual line "it looks like nothing to me". If as suggested the hosts cannot recognise images of themselves - e.g the photo shown to Bernard which seemingly has 3 people on it but he could only see 2 - is this a photo of Dolores? Has there been a previous rebellion where hosts escaped to the outside world?

When Ford interviewed Dolores, she asks him "Are we friends? " to which Ford replies "No Dolores, most definitely not". What has Dolores done to Ford? Also, Ford placed her in analysis mode (whatever is called) to ask her when she last heard from Arnold, to which she replies, in this "zombie-mode", 30 years ago. When Ford brings her back to normal and he leaves the room, Dolores whispers "I didn't tell him anything". To whom was she talking? And obviously she seems to have freewill, being able to pretend she's in idle mode.

And then the house that's not on the map, Ford's little special project..... The one where Bernard couldn't see the door. For said there are 5 hosts. Unless you count the dog, who is the 5th host?

I can't help but think we're spending too much time on the seemingly obvious (William = MIB), when there might be other bigger things being overlooked.
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 58883
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Official Westworld Thread - Spoilers everywhere!

Post by CM11 »

I was sorta on top of the show after episode 7, even after reading this thread. Now I'm utterly confused, haven't a clue what's going on! I read the long reddit post above and nod but I can't help feel they've screwed the pooch with the latest episode. It wasn't actually that enjoyable, just a load of shit thrown at you and if they don't wrap most of it up before the end of the season, I'm going to be really pissed off!
de_Selby
Posts: 3616
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:47 pm

Re: Official Westworld Thread - Spoilers everywhere!

Post by de_Selby »

Margin_Walker wrote:
de_Selby wrote:I've been really enjoying this.

I can't help thinking people are getting carried away with some of the theories though.. but on the other hand I glanced at reddit a few weeks ago and saw the 'Bernard is a host' theories and thought they were BS, so what do I know.

It definitely does seem like the MiB=William thing is true though.

Really interested to see what happens in the Maeve storyline, but I'm finding it hard to believe the motives of the Asian tech guy (forget his name) when he chose not to do the memory wipe.
I think the tech guy had self preservation in mind tbf. He probably expects that she will have anticipated that course of action (and had a way around it) and that she has them by the balls.
This may answer my question..

Image
User avatar
Doc Rob
Posts: 5117
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Eryri

Re: Official Westworld Thread - Spoilers everywhere!

Post by Doc Rob »

pigaaaa wrote:
village wrote:[...]

Edit: But the two timelines theory was probably confirmed by the appearance of the robot William met at his orientation at the Wyatt ambush. MiB's quip about thinking she had been decommissioned years ago also seems like a nod to the fact he is William.

Also, the MiB talks of "30 years of marriage" ending with his wife's death - prompting his return a year before (based on Maeve being madam for about a year per the techs) and if the 2 timelines theory is correct, William's story is at the park 30 year earlier, shortly before marrying the company owner's daughter.
I'm still not buying it. As far as I remember it happening was:
1. Dolores joins William and Logan on their bounty hunt story only after she escapes from the farm
2. She escapes from the farm after she kills the guy in the barn
3. She kills the guy in the barn only after she remembers her 'enocounter with the MiB' from episode 1
ergo MiB can't be William

There are certainly multiple timeframes interwined, but i dont think they are 30 years apart from each other. I think they are all much closer together, more like separated by just a couple of loops.

I also remember from one of the earlier episodes that there was one of the early hosts pouring a drink for Ford and he was visibly more robotic-like in his movements. You just don't see any of that in any episodes with William, that are supposed to happen in those early years.
village wrote: Did we see a flash of Bernard killing Elsie or was that supposed to be someone else from the more distant past Ford had him bump off?
yeah i saw that too (edit: Bernard killing Elsie that is)
Yes, we definitely got a flash of Bernard killing Elsie, which is creepy because we had just seen him back at base speaking to her on the phone. He must have disconnected the call and gone directly to the abandoned house to kill her.
User avatar
Doc Rob
Posts: 5117
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Eryri

Re: Official Westworld Thread - Spoilers everywhere!

Post by Doc Rob »

de_Selby wrote:
some guy on reddit wrote:Okay so I still think there are multiple timelines and I think it helps my theory.
I think the MiB is William. I think him and Delores are 30 years in the past. The place that they went to is the town that we see in all the flashbacks of the park before it was open. Delores being the oldest host in the park was most definitely there and experienced what ever horrible events took place there (most likely involving Arnold). After the events that part of the park was burned down and filled in with dirt (its also the place that Dr. Ford seems to be rebuilding for whatever reason). And for some reason Delores keeps remembering some of those events.
Meanwhile William is starting to show his dark side a little bit here. He still cares for Delores but that guy they found suffering by the water, thats just an NPC who might hold them back and get Delores killed by the Ghost nation. So he kills him when Delores is getting water. Then Logan shows back up for what appears to be revenge. I think whatever happens will lead to the original catastrophic event the show keeps referencing that happened 30 years ago. I think it leads to Logan's death involving Delores. I think Logan's family company (which William is very high up in) uses this as leverage to buy into the park even cheaper than originally intended.
So now flash forward to the future, William keeps living his life outside the park but cant help but come back, first its for Delores but she has no memory of him and a new host by the name TEDDY takes his place as Delores's lost love. He has many similarities to William.
They both pick up the can
They both have a love connection separated by leaving and coming back
They both "dress like cowboys but know nothing about it"
They both want to protect Dolores
They both bump into Grizzly Adams.
But William keeps coming back to Westworld anyways. When he's at the park he isn't an angel but he sure isn't a monster yet. But his wife doesn't believe him and she eventually kills herself calling him a monster. So now the MiB (William) comes back the park again, and tries to see if maybe he is the monster his family thinks he is and murders Mauves daughter in front of her. But he realizes something "miraculous happening. She was alive, truly alive, if only for a moment. And that was the moment the maze revealed itself to me." For the first time in a long time he sees one of the hosts as real. And as we saw, her suffering was so great it bypassed her code and made her able to ignore commands and make her own decisions. This is big because suffering is obviously the key here and the Mib has figured it out. He claims he is the good guy here because I believe he wants to set the hosts free so they can make their own decisions which he knows the only way for that to happen is for them to reach the center of the MAZE.
So what is the maze? I think the maze was something arnold created for THE HOSTS to complete so they can make their own choices and prove they are as real as humans. I think he hid it deep inside their code as a test. I think the first host to complete the maze was Delores and I think Arnold helped her do it. I think he is the one who was shooting up the town in Delores's flash back murdering everyone she loved as a way to help her finish the maze. This suffering lead to her breaking her code and making the ultimate decision which I believe is to kill Arnold (which I believe he knew would happen and he wanted it to happen). Dr. Ford and his associates buried this from the public so the park could in fact still open. But he had to prove it was a freak accident. So he did this by designing the most traumatic story ever for Delores. She comes home every night to her murdered family and then is raped violently. He writes this into her story to prove that traumatic events for the hosts wont lead to problems anymore. I think for good measure he created Teddy to represent William to Delores to keep her in her loop. Even though Dr. Ford was able to treat the symptoms of the problem he wasn't able to cure the overall issue and was unable to remove the Maze from the parks overall code without finding the source of it. Which was hidden from him by Arnold. I think thats why he installed the Reveries update, he wants the hosts to remember so they can break free. I think thats why he is helping the MiB solve the maze as well. But Dr Fords intentions are not nobel, I think he is willing to let another catastrophic event occur if it means he can find the source of the problem so he can get rid of it once and for all. He knows the hosts are just as real as humans but he knows the consequences of anyone else finding that out, so he will do whatever the hell it takes to get rid of the problem.
But thats just my theory. I'm 100% sure there are multiple time lines. I'm about 90% sure that the MiB is William because about 10% of me thinks he's actually Logan and that William dies tragically in the park. Logan being the MiB would help explain when he says the hosts used to be mechanical because he's been in the park before William has.
**Edited to add the actual MiB quote. If things play out this way Arnold owes me some milk.
Sounds pretty on the ball
This is all very convincing and I won't be surprised if the real storyline follows this pretty closely.

The worst part is that they clearly aren't going to resolve all of this in the current series, for the simple reason that if they did then there wouldn't be a second. So we can expect a huge cliffhanger in the final episode.
User avatar
Turbogoat
Posts: 21769
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Middle East

Re: Official Westworld Thread - Spoilers everywhere!

Post by Turbogoat »

It's all going a bit Battlestar Galactica-ish trying to work out who the Cylon/Hosts are.
wilber
Posts: 146
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Official Westworld Thread - Spoilers everywhere!

Post by wilber »

Doc Rob wrote:
This is all very convincing and I won't be surprised if the real storyline follows this pretty closely.

The worst part is that they clearly aren't going to resolve all of this in the current series, for the simple reason that if they did then there wouldn't be a second. So we can expect a huge cliffhanger in the final episode.
There are many hints to quite the contrary - Jimmi Simpson (William) is quoted in an interview stating that the whole thing is wrapped in episode 10 but with huge pointers to things you had never thought of that will play out in season 2. Many fan theories are out there that season 1 is just a prequel (also a neat way of HBO testing the water before commissioning S2).
User avatar
Doc Rob
Posts: 5117
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Eryri

Re: Official Westworld Thread - Spoilers everywhere!

Post by Doc Rob »

wilber wrote:
Doc Rob wrote:
This is all very convincing and I won't be surprised if the real storyline follows this pretty closely.

The worst part is that they clearly aren't going to resolve all of this in the current series, for the simple reason that if they did then there wouldn't be a second. So we can expect a huge cliffhanger in the final episode.
There are many hints to quite the contrary - Jimmi Simpson (William) is quoted in an interview stating that the whole thing is wrapped in episode 10 but with huge pointers to things you had never thought of that will play out in season 2. Many fan theories are out there that season 1 is just a prequel (also a neat way of HBO testing the water before commissioning S2).
Hope so!
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 38501
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: Official Westworld Thread - Spoilers everywhere!

Post by Anonymous 1 »

CM11 wrote:I was sorta on top of the show after episode 7, even after reading this thread. Now I'm utterly confused, haven't a clue what's going on! I read the long reddit post above and nod but I can't help feel they've screwed the pooch with the latest episode. It wasn't actually that enjoyable, just a load of shit thrown at you and if they don't wrap most of it up before the end of the season, I'm going to be really pissed off!
Needs more T&A or I'm out at the end of S01
User avatar
Mullet 2
Posts: 27872
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am

Re: Official Westworld Thread - Spoilers everywhere!

Post by Mullet 2 »

Enough is enough I say.

Where the fúck is Yul Brynner?
User avatar
Turbogoat
Posts: 21769
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Middle East

Re: Official Westworld Thread - Spoilers everywhere!

Post by Turbogoat »

Mullet 2 wrote:Enough is enough I say.

Where the fúck is Yul Brynner?
There's actually a shot of his character in the background as one of the early mods.
User avatar
troglodiet
Posts: 6011
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Official Westworld Thread - Spoilers everywhere!

Post by troglodiet »

Doc Rob wrote:So we can expect a huge cliffhanger in the final episode.

The writers reckon season 2 will only air in 2018.

It's going to be the worst wait since "who shot JR" in tv history.
User avatar
alliswell
Posts: 10343
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: location, location

Re: Official Westworld Thread - Spoilers everywhere!

Post by alliswell »

Maybe it's all a terminator prequel.
Still Not Playing
Posts: 152
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Official Westworld Thread - Spoilers everywhere!

Post by Still Not Playing »

Bookmarked for later, too much information in one go
le chat
Posts: 3777
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Official Westworld Thread - Spoilers everywhere!

Post by le chat »

if Elsie is dead why did they show her lezzing off with a host?

When it was obvious Teresa wasn't coming back I embarked on my own timeline of events in which she actually came back, it was a twist at the end of the latest episode
C69
Posts: 39412
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:44 pm
Location: For Wales the Welsh and aproppriate pronouns

Re: Official Westworld Thread - Spoilers everywhere!

Post by C69 »

The most perplexing issue I have is with Thandie's body sometimes it looks Cgi sometimes a body double etc
However It muat be said that the Yanks are making excellent programmes atm and pushing the boundaries.
User avatar
Jeff the Bear
Posts: 18994
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Official Westworld Thread - Spoilers everywhere!

Post by Jeff the Bear »

c69 wrote:The most perplexing issue I have is with Thandie's body sometimes it looks Cgi sometimes a body double etc
However It muat be said that the Yanks are making excellent programmes atm and pushing the boundaries.
I'm sure I read that it's her in the buff the entire time. No body doubles or CGI.

Also, having thought about it, how do they reconcile the fact that the hosts apparently have total recall of memories whereas humans have fuzzy memories (as per the chat with Meave)...with Bernard (and maybe Felix) being hosts, but believing they are human.

Surely, given the way memory is portrayed in popular media and spoken about amongst humans, they'll come to understand they the way they process memory is different, and in the case of Bernard, surely understand that he is recalling memories in exact the same way as a host.
C69
Posts: 39412
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:44 pm
Location: For Wales the Welsh and aproppriate pronouns

Re: Official Westworld Thread - Spoilers everywhere!

Post by C69 »

Jeff the Bear wrote:
c69 wrote:The most perplexing issue I have is with Thandie's body sometimes it looks Cgi sometimes a body double etc
However It muat be said that the Yanks are making excellent programmes atm and pushing the boundaries.
I'm sure I read that it's her in the buff the entire time. No body doubles or CGI.

Also, having thought about it, how do they reconcile the fact that the hosts apparently have total recall of memories whereas humans have fuzzy memories (as per the chat with Meave)...with Bernard (and maybe Felix) being hosts, but believing they are human.

Surely, given the way memory is portrayed in popular media and spoken about amongst humans, they'll come to understand they the way they process memory is different, and in the case of Bernard, surely understand that he is recalling memories in exact the same way as a host.
I'm taking a break from over thinking it and watching it for the tits gash and violence with sci fi and western genre thrown in :thumbup:
User avatar
Edinburgh01
Posts: 5493
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Official Westworld Thread - Spoilers everywhere!

Post by Edinburgh01 »

c69 wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:
c69 wrote:The most perplexing issue I have is with Thandie's body sometimes it looks Cgi sometimes a body double etc
However It muat be said that the Yanks are making excellent programmes atm and pushing the boundaries.
I'm sure I read that it's her in the buff the entire time. No body doubles or CGI.

Also, having thought about it, how do they reconcile the fact that the hosts apparently have total recall of memories whereas humans have fuzzy memories (as per the chat with Meave)...with Bernard (and maybe Felix) being hosts, but believing they are human.

Surely, given the way memory is portrayed in popular media and spoken about amongst humans, they'll come to understand they the way they process memory is different, and in the case of Bernard, surely understand that he is recalling memories in exact the same way as a host.
I'm taking a break from over thinking it and watching it for the tits gash and violence with sci fi and western genre thrown in :thumbup:
I find it's the best way. Then I can be surprised by the twist or lack thereof at the end.
C69
Posts: 39412
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:44 pm
Location: For Wales the Welsh and aproppriate pronouns

Re: Official Westworld Thread - Spoilers everywhere!

Post by C69 »

Jeff the Bear wrote:
c69 wrote:The most perplexing issue I have is with Thandie's body sometimes it looks Cgi sometimes a body double etc
However It muat be said that the Yanks are making excellent programmes atm and pushing the boundaries.
I'm sure I read that it's her in the buff the entire time. No body doubles or CGI.

Also, having thought about it, how do they reconcile the fact that the hosts apparently have total recall of memories whereas humans have fuzzy memories (as per the chat with Meave)...with Bernard (and maybe Felix) being hosts, but believing they are human.

Surely, given the way memory is portrayed in popular media and spoken about amongst humans, they'll come to understand they the way they process memory is different, and in the case of Bernard, surely understand that he is recalling memories in exact the same way as a host.
I'm taking a break from over thinking it and watching it for the tits gash and violence with sci fi and western genre thrown in :thumbup:
User avatar
Jeff the Bear
Posts: 18994
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Official Westworld Thread - Spoilers everywhere!

Post by Jeff the Bear »

A 40 minute double post...is that ome sort of record?
User avatar
Zakar
Posts: 16715
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Haunting your dreams

Re: Official Westworld Thread - Spoilers everywhere!

Post by Zakar »

I rewatched episode 2. It's telling IMO
C69
Posts: 39412
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:44 pm
Location: For Wales the Welsh and aproppriate pronouns

Re: Official Westworld Thread - Spoilers everywhere!

Post by C69 »

Jeff the Bear wrote:A 40 minute double post...is that ome sort of record?
Some sort of Loop?
No idea wtf happened tbh
User avatar
bealonian
Posts: 1646
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Official Westworld Thread - Spoilers everywhere!

Post by bealonian »

Was just saying that this merits a rewatch.
User avatar
True Blue
Posts: 11892
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Official Westworld Thread - Spoilers everywhere!

Post by True Blue »

de_Selby wrote:
Margin_Walker wrote:
de_Selby wrote:I've been really enjoying this.

I can't help thinking people are getting carried away with some of the theories though.. but on the other hand I glanced at reddit a few weeks ago and saw the 'Bernard is a host' theories and thought they were BS, so what do I know.

It definitely does seem like the MiB=William thing is true though.

Really interested to see what happens in the Maeve storyline, but I'm finding it hard to believe the motives of the Asian tech guy (forget his name) when he chose not to do the memory wipe.
I think the tech guy had self preservation in mind tbf. He probably expects that she will have anticipated that course of action (and had a way around it) and that she has them by the balls.
This may answer my question..

Image
Honestly, how much time do people have on their hands that they analyse stuff frame by frame :lol:

IMO it's likely he was just used to mold that as a prop rather than having any significant story impact. But who knows, i suppose it does make sense to have hosts doing the menial type of work. They aren't techs by the way, i think they are just the repair crew.
User avatar
Doc Rob
Posts: 5117
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Eryri

Re: Official Westworld Thread - Spoilers everywhere!

Post by Doc Rob »

le chat wrote:if Elsie is dead why did they show her lezzing off with a host?

When it was obvious Teresa wasn't coming back I embarked on my own timeline of events in which she actually came back, it was a twist at the end of the latest episode
When did they show us that? Must have missed it?
User avatar
Jeff the Bear
Posts: 18994
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Official Westworld Thread - Spoilers everywhere!

Post by Jeff the Bear »

Doc Rob wrote:
le chat wrote:if Elsie is dead why did they show her lezzing off with a host?

When it was obvious Teresa wasn't coming back I embarked on my own timeline of events in which she actually came back, it was a twist at the end of the latest episode
When did they show us that? Must have missed it?
Very first episode I think. She put in a sneaky kiss on the prostitute host that got killed last week while they were programming her. It was only a peck tbf.
User avatar
Doc Rob
Posts: 5117
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Eryri

Re: Official Westworld Thread - Spoilers everywhere!

Post by Doc Rob »

Jeff the Bear wrote:
Doc Rob wrote:
le chat wrote:if Elsie is dead why did they show her lezzing off with a host?

When it was obvious Teresa wasn't coming back I embarked on my own timeline of events in which she actually came back, it was a twist at the end of the latest episode
When did they show us that? Must have missed it?
Very first episode I think. She put in a sneaky kiss on the prostitute host that got killed last week while they were programming her. It was only a peck tbf.
Oh, OK. Can't see how that means she can't be dead though?
le chat
Posts: 3777
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Official Westworld Thread - Spoilers everywhere!

Post by le chat »

Doc Rob wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:
Doc Rob wrote:
le chat wrote:if Elsie is dead why did they show her lezzing off with a host?

When it was obvious Teresa wasn't coming back I embarked on my own timeline of events in which she actually came back, it was a twist at the end of the latest episode
When did they show us that? Must have missed it?
Very first episode I think. She put in a sneaky kiss on the prostitute host that got killed last week while they were programming her. It was only a peck tbf.
Oh, OK. Can't see how that means she can't be dead though?
Because I don't know why they would've put that in to just kill her off, unless they just wanted to show a lesbian kiss for the lads.
User avatar
Doc Rob
Posts: 5117
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Eryri

Re: Official Westworld Thread - Spoilers everywhere!

Post by Doc Rob »

le chat wrote:
Doc Rob wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:
Doc Rob wrote:
le chat wrote:if Elsie is dead why did they show her lezzing off with a host?

When it was obvious Teresa wasn't coming back I embarked on my own timeline of events in which she actually came back, it was a twist at the end of the latest episode
When did they show us that? Must have missed it?
Very first episode I think. She put in a sneaky kiss on the prostitute host that got killed last week while they were programming her. It was only a peck tbf.
Oh, OK. Can't see how that means she can't be dead though?
Because I don't know why they would've put that in to just kill her off, unless they just wanted to show a lesbian kiss for the lads.
Reckon that might be it...
User avatar
Turbogoat
Posts: 21769
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Middle East

Re: Official Westworld Thread - Spoilers everywhere!

Post by Turbogoat »

Doc Rob wrote:
le chat wrote: Because I don't know why they would've put that in to just kill her off, unless they just wanted to show a lesbian kiss for the lads.
Reckon that might be it...
The Rule of Chekov's Lesbian means there must be more to it than that though.
User avatar
troglodiet
Posts: 6011
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Official Westworld Thread - Spoilers everywhere!

Post by troglodiet »

Just when you think you're beginning to understand how everything fits in with the multiple time lines and William=MIB theory, along comes some idiot with an alternative theory.....


One that makes sense too :x

https://youtu.be/wHaY-NtShbI
User avatar
village
Posts: 3818
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Official Westworld Thread - Spoilers everywhere!

Post by village »

Turbogoat wrote:
Doc Rob wrote:
le chat wrote: Because I don't know why they would've put that in to just kill her off, unless they just wanted to show a lesbian kiss for the lads.
Reckon that might be it...
The Rule of Chekov's Lesbian means there must be more to it than that though.
You have that DVD too? ;)
Jay Cee Gee
Posts: 17902
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Official Westworld Thread - Spoilers everywhere!

Post by Jay Cee Gee »

Spoilers below, but I can't be arsed using tags.

Well, that's confirmed the Bernarnold theory and almost certainly confirmed that Dolores in the present is glitching and retracing her steps. She had no blood on her at all from when Logan stabbed her, which indicates that part - like the memories of Arnold - are in her past.

The Teddy fuzzy memory bit is gonna come back into play, I'm sure. There's no way Wyatt is that random beardy guy and my current theory is that Dolores is gonna be Wyatt and the 'General' she kills will be Arnold.
User avatar
Jeff the Bear
Posts: 18994
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Official Westworld Thread - Spoilers everywhere!

Post by Jeff the Bear »

Jay Cee Gee wrote:Spoilers below, but I can't be arsed using tags.

Well, that's confirmed the Bernarnold theory and almost certainly confirmed that Dolores in the present is glitching and retracing her steps.

The Teddy fuzzy memory bit is gonna come back into play, I'm sure. There's no way Wyatt is that random beardy guy and my current theory is that Dolores is gonna be Wyatt and the 'General' she kills will be Arnold.
Seems reasonable. Just watched it now as well. I was always aboard the Bernarnold theory. Tbf, it was the most obvious. The real question now is, have the show really just killed off probably it's best character? Game of Thrones showed that really strong shows can do that and just plough on..but I'm not sure Westworld is able to. Maybe Meave did something while they were chatting to allow for him to break programming and fake his death.

It does beg the obvious question as to why Ford waited the thick end of 30 years to resurrect his partner. If the other techs were that shit, then surely he'd have realised he needed a better partner far sooner...and there's still the obvious point that there must be someone about other than Ford who knew Arnold and who would know that Bernard was a direct copy.

Other interesting titbits:

MiB is a board member for Delos
MiB is almost certainly William
Elsie is almost certainly dead
Meave can see through the matrix and tell if someone is Robot just by looking at them
Jay Cee Gee
Posts: 17902
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Official Westworld Thread - Spoilers everywhere!

Post by Jay Cee Gee »

It took some time for Bernard to be built - presumably enough time that any of the techs who knew him were no longer at the park - but not 30 years. They'd put some colour back in Hopkins hair and made him up to be younger (though not weird CG young version obv).

One thing I don't buy is Maeve's upgrades giving her control over Bernard. Ford would have been very careful to keep him isolated and I doubt any general permissions the techs could give her would be sufficient.
pigaaaa
Posts: 1119
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Official Westworld Thread - Spoilers everywhere!

Post by pigaaaa »

I thought the latest episode was a right mess :thumbdown: it felt like it was cut using scenes from previous episodes without actually adding any new ones.
Last edited by pigaaaa on Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply