NTHCBSBH Munster v Leicester Tigers, Sat Dec 10th, KO 15:15

All things Rugby
feckwanker

NTHCBSBH Munster v Leicester Tigers, Sat Dec 10th, KO 15:15

Post by feckwanker »

Who?
Munster
Simon Zebo, Darren Sweetnam, Jaco Taute, Rory Scannell, Keith Earls; Tyler Bleyendaal, Conor Murray; Dave Kilcoyne, Niall Scannell, John Ryan, Donnacha Ryan, Billy Holland; Peter O'Mahony (capt), Tommy O'Donnell, CJ Stander

Replacements: Rhys Marshall, Thomas Du Toit, Stephen Archer, Jean Kleyn, Jack O'Donoghue, Duncan Williams, Ian Keatley, Andrew Conway
versus

Leicester Tigers
George Worth, Adam Thompstone, Manu Tuilagi, Owen Williams, Peter Betham; Freddie Burns, Ben Youngs; Logovi'i Mulipola, Tom Youngs (capt),Greg Bateman, Ed Slater, Graham Kitchener, Mike Fitzgerald, Brendon O'Connor, Lachlan McCaffrey

Replacements: George McGuigan, Ellis Genge, Pat Cilliers, Luke Hamilton, Will Evans, Sam Harrison, Jack Roberts, Tom Brady
Where?

When?
Saturday, December 10th. Kick-off at 15:15

Form

Played 6 - Leicester with 4 wins, Munster with 2
Last edited by feckwanker on Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ticketlessinseattle

Re: NTHCBSBH Munster v Leicester Tigers, Sat Dec 10th, KO 1

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

biggest match of the weekend really....what's that "form" about ? Leicester wins 9 - Munster 2 ?....and they say they're no silly questions
Jim Lahey

Post by Jim Lahey »

Sky or BT?
Munster-fogs

Post by Munster-fogs »

How have they played 11 times? It's nowhere near that.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Jim Lahey wrote:Sky or BT?
BT have the Leinster game so maybe Sky have the Munster one otherwise what the fudge are Sky at?
BurrowHill

Post by BurrowHill »

Tigers are, I believe, the only team unbeaten at Thomand Park? Not expecting a win here though. Would be happy with a losing bonus point.
Munster-fogs

Post by Munster-fogs »

BurrowHill wrote:Tigers are, I believe, the only team unbeaten at Thomand Park? Not expecting a win here though. Would be happy with a losing bonus point.
Ulster have beaten us in Thomond Park. We've only played them once in the HEC so technically they're unbeaten too.
Petej

Post by Petej »

Tigers are distinctly meh at the moment so I expect to lose away and win at home.
maverickmak

Post by maverickmak »

Tigers are getting better, particularly in the pack, but are still waiting to click. This game may come a bit too soon.
ticketlessinseattle

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

iarmhiman wrote:
Jim Lahey wrote:Sky or BT?
BT have the Leinster game so maybe Sky have the Munster one otherwise what the f**k are Sky at?
its on BT and not on sky which is bollix. i have to do kids christmas concert so cant go (fcukers did this last year too) and cant even watch it on skygo :x
feckwanker

Post by feckwanker »

Ayerza and Cole out for Tigers. Big advantage to Munster there.
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

feckwanker wrote:Ayerza and Cole out for Tigers. Big advantage to Munster there.

Huge loss for Leicester, especially watching their scrum get destroyed against Wuss last Saturday with their replacements. Must be the first time ever that we have a decent chance of being the dominant scrum against Leicester, which would be a major advantage.
Yer Man

Post by Yer Man »

fogerty wrote:How have they played 11 times? It's nowhere near that.
It's 6 in the HEC/Spiv Cup.

4 - 2 to Leicester.
Yer Man

Post by Yer Man »

feckwanker wrote:Ayerza and Cole out for Tigers. Big advantage to Munster there.
Kilcoyne isn't a great scrummager - so that's good for Munster.
webbcaster

Post by webbcaster »

Munster to win with a bonus point

It is going to be like the good old days again at Thomond
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Lenny

Post by Lenny »

Yer Man wrote:

Kilcoyne has been scrummaging well this year in a dominant Munster scrum. I wouldn't have been too worried about him even if Cole was playing tbh.
redderneck

Post by redderneck »

Lenny wrote:
Yer Man wrote:

Kilcoyne has been scrummaging well this year in a dominant Munster scrum. I wouldn't have been too worried about him even if Cole was playing tbh.
Ahem.

Romain Poite.

All Tigers have to do is stand up all day if need be. And no matter how bad any Tigers side is at at scrummaging in comparison to them in their pomp, I simply don't buy that they will be all that bad after all. It's not in them, when they put their minds to it. Might be with a fussy technical ref, but Poite just ain't too fussed really about little matters of legality. Mere trivia. He's a big ideas kinda guy. Frisk you for weapons on leaving the dressing room and finding none, he's happy that it's unlikely anyone will die, so fire away lads. Have at it. Keep yourselves warm. Don't mind me.
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

redderneck wrote:
Lenny wrote:
Yer Man wrote:

Ahem.

Romain Poite.

All Tigers have to do is stand up all day if need be. And no matter how bad any Tigers side is at at scrummaging in comparison to them in their pomp, I simply don't buy that they will be all that bad after all. It's not in them, when they put their minds to it. Might be with a fussy technical ref, but Poite just ain't too fussed really about little matters of legality. Mere trivia. He's a big ideas kinda guy. Frisk you for weapons on leaving the dressing room and finding none, he's happy that it's unlikely anyone will die, so fire away lads. Have at it. Keep yourselves warm. Don't mind me.

(Shudder) I hadn't realised that Romain (I'll decide before I leave the dressing room) Poite was in charge. Fcuk. Still, regardless of their tradition, Leicesters scrum got a right reaming from Worcester on Saturday. They had serious issues there.
redderneck

Post by redderneck »

Lenny wrote:
redderneck wrote:
Lenny wrote:
Yer Man wrote:

Ahem.

Romain Poite.

(Shudder) I hadn't realised that Romain (I'll decide before I leave the dressing room) Poite was in charge. Fcuk. Still, regardless of their tradition, Leicesters scrum got a right reaming from Worcester on Saturday. They had serious issues there.
It'll be a war on Saturday. He just abdicates responsibility and waves the bodies through from any angle, side, height. Supporting your own weight? Very generous of you. Not supporting it? Sure why would you when the ground or oppo player is there for you to have a bit of a gallic lean against. Midfield offsides? Weeeeeeeelll. Not so much offside as endearingly eager and it'd be a tad Anglo to pick on a man for showing enthusiasm...

Hope we're in the right space.
BurrowHill

Post by BurrowHill »

Leicester didn't play Worcester on Saturday. They played Saints, and they held their own with a second choice front row.
hp18

Post by hp18 »

Cole started when the Glasgow pack had the edge in round 1. Your lads should fudge them witless either way.
redderneck

Post by redderneck »

Grand so. Both sides intent on making a game of it. Both sides making their way back from some tough times.

Should be a cracker.
redderneck

Post by redderneck »

hp18 wrote:
Cole started when the Glasgow pack had the edge in round 1. Your lads should f**k them witless either way.
Cole, with the right ref, gets away with it. In fact, a cynic might suggest that deciding to pencil his name in or not is a matter of considering his form, his fitness and what ref's up next off the rank. Anyhow - not playing so moot I guess.
who?

Post by who? »

BurrowHill wrote:Tigers are, I believe, the only team unbeaten at Thomand Park? Not expecting a win here though. Would be happy with a losing bonus point.
Across all competitions, maybe. Tigers are 2/2 in Thomond (Munster are 2/3 in Welford Rd). It could be a weird one though.

Munster could have the edge in the scrums (???)
Tigers could be on top in the lineout(???)
Munster playing with an on-form, creative outhalf (??????????????)

Murray vs Youngs should be very interesting.
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

BurrowHill wrote:Leicester didn't play Worcester on Saturday. They played Saints, and they held their own with a second choice front row.
Apologies, you are of course right :blush: and Worcester demolished a few Wasps scrums. I spent the weekend flicking between so many games I'm getting confused.
webbcaster

Post by webbcaster »

When will we know what the Munster team is going to be ?
Crash_12

Post by Crash_12 »

Mullet 2 wrote:Image
Poor from Stringer, taking his eyes off the ball like that. Some studs across Back's knuckles would have put a stop to that.
fisgard792

Post by fisgard792 »

Mullet 2 wrote:Image
took a couple of scrums before it worked, obviously he never played at schoolboy level
Crivvens

Post by Crivvens »

Leicester Tigers (v Munster Rugby, away, Saturday 3.15pm)
15 George Worth
14 Adam Thompstone
13 Manu Tuilagi
12 Owen Williams
11 Peter Betham
10 Freddie Burns
9 Ben Youngs
1 Logovi'i Mulipola
2 Tom Youngs (c)
3 Greg Bateman
4 Ed Slater
5 Graham Kitchener
6 Mike Fitzgerald
7 Brendon O'Connor
8 Lachlan McCaffrey

Replacements
16 George McGuigan
17 Ellis Genge
18 Pat Cilliers
19 Luke Hamilton
20 Will Evans
21 Sam Harrison
22 Jack Roberts
23 Tom Brady

No JPP :((
Crivvens

Post by Crivvens »

Munster XV: Simon Zebo; Darren Sweetnam, Jaco Taute, Rory Scannell, Keith Earls; Tyler Bleyendaal, Conor Murray; Dave Kilcoyne, Niall Scannell, John Ryan; Donnacha Ryan, Billy Holland; Peter O'Mahony - capt., Tommy O'Donnell, CJ Stander.

Replacements: Rhys Marshall, Thomas Du Toit, Stephen Archer, Jean Kleyn, Jack O'Donoghue, Duncan Williams, Ian Keatley, Andrew Conway
Brewster

Post by Brewster »

Thompstone available to play x( Amazing :thumbdown:
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

Dear Munster,

Please don't break Manu.

Signed,

Not a tigers supporter.
Cossax

Post by Cossax »

I hope Jaco sits Manu down early doors. :nod:
ZappaMan

Post by ZappaMan »

Raggs wrote:Dear Munster,

Please don't break Manu.

Signed,

Not a tigers supporter.
Dear Raggs,

No dice.

Regards,
Munster.
Lazy Couch potato

Post by Lazy Couch potato »

It's a real winner takes all game. Munster won't qualify in my opinion without Winning all their home games and a second loss for tigers puts them in a very tricky situation especially with a visit to Paris to come. Given who is Reffing I'm expecting a really brutal battle up front. Last years home game v tigers was the worst big game performance in years so I'd imagine they will be extremely motivated to redeem themselves. Tigers are always competitive with or without x-factor and they have absolutely no respect for us or thomond park. I imagine we'll be peppering the academy fb with garryowens

I'm expecting a real humdinger.
feckwanker

Post by feckwanker »

Cossax wrote:I hope Jaco sits Manu down early doors. :nod:
:nod:

Such a shame to be losing Taute after Christmas :thumbdown:
redderneck

Post by redderneck »

Poite makes this a bloody lottery. Always, but ALWAYS nervous when this hoor is whistling, unless we're the clear underdogs and could do with the mayhem.

He's the perfect ref you'd want for an away fixture IMHO, but the nightmare for a home one.
giojuarez666

Post by giojuarez666 »

I'm excited about this, will be getting up early to watch it. It's a good Munster side.

For what it's worth Leicester are my favourite English side - their fans are always brilliant and the trip there in the HEC in 2003 was one of my best sporting memories. I was also at the loss in 2008 and the players esp Corry were all class. We clapped them off the pitch in a 'hats off to them' type salute.
maverickmak

Post by maverickmak »

Its pretty much always been an interesting game between these teams. I'm not particularly confident this year though. We've improved a bit recently, but our defense has gone walkabouts too often this season to feel good about a trip to Thomond.

But, the Tigers selected are good. Think it might be a touch early for Manu, and its a MASSIVE test for young George Worth. But there are plenty of weapons out there, and plenty of graft up front.