NTHCBSBH Munster v Leicester Tigers, Sat Dec 10th, KO 15:15

All things Rugby
Chuckles1188

Re: NTHCBSBH Munster v Leicester Tigers, Sat Dec 10th, KO 1

Post by Chuckles1188 »

fisgard792 wrote:tigers have been beaten heavily in ireland before and won the return, although well behind on the 2 games aggregate

indeed, deano lost his job after a heavy defect at ulster back in '04

it happens. the issue for me, is that i dont see many players in the team, that i would call tigers players. you never hear of the wednesday bust up's at the oval anymore.
perhaps its unfair, but the recent imports don't seem to fully there
maybe everybody else has gone well past, in the physicality stakes, and the game has moved on. saracens have whatever 'it' is, and a lot of times, wasps too.

they miss stand out players in certain positions. some players just havent kicked on, couple of years ago, they supposedly had 3 england locks.
If that's Parling, Slater and Kitchener then :lol:

Tigers don't have the tradition of chucking it around, they need a baby-eating pack of full on Orcs to establish the kind of dominance they have often had in the past. This pack is not up to that standard. He's not awful but I agree with JM2K6 that BOC is rather on the mediocre side, the props aren't at their pomp and Tom Youngs is extremely limited at setpiece time, for all that he's an animal in the loose. Lendrid seemed disinterested and neither Burns nor Williams is good enough to rescue things without a solid platform to build off. Genge is a good prospect but the back five is weak.

That's my take anyway.
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

fisgard792 wrote:tigers have been beaten heavily in ireland before and won the return, although well behind on the 2 games aggregate

it happens. the issue for me, is that i dont see many players in the team, that i would call tigers players. you never hear of the wednesday bust up's at the oval anymore.
maybe everybody else has gone well past, in the physicality stakes, and the game has moved on. saracens have whatever 'it' is, and a lot of times, wasps too.

they miss stand out players in certain positions. some players just havent kicked on, couple of years ago, they supposedly had 3 england locks.
This would be my view as well. When we talk about a backlash I wonder where its going to come from, because other than Luke Hamilton I didnt see a whole lot of Leicester style aggression or nous in that Tigers side. Cole will bviously make a difference but there are none of the baby eaters or cute hoors you'd always get in a Leicester side. I wouldn't dismiss any Leicester side, especially at Welford Road, but I was a bit taken aback when I saw the teamsheet before Saturdays game because I recognised so few names.
pjm1

Post by pjm1 »

Chuckles1188 wrote:

If that's Parling, Slater and Kitchener then :lol:

Tigers don't have the tradition of chucking it around, they need a baby-eating pack of full on Orcs to establish the kind of dominance they have often had in the past. This pack is not up to that standard. He's not awful but I agree with JM2K6 that BOC is rather on the mediocre side, the props aren't at their pomp and Tom Youngs is extremely limited at setpiece time, for all that he's an animal in the loose. Lendrid seemed disinterested and neither Burns nor Williams is good enough to rescue things without a solid platform to build off. Genge is a good prospect but the back five is weak.

That's my take anyway.
Gut feel is that Cockers has lost the team. BY seems to be a completely different player for England and his enthusaism shows. Not the case with Tigers - once upon a time it would have been the complete opposite.

Him and Mallinder are dragging the East Mids down and we need rid of the two of them. Unfortunately for the old Tigers way, the game has moved on from having dominant packs and relying on that to win you games. Don't get me wrong, it's hard to win with an inferior pack, but it's far more about 15 players being able to demonstrate rugby skills and having forwards who can come into the line as well as do their day jobs which wins matches. Sarries and England are great examples of that and Tigers don't seem at the races.
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

I think he's lost the changing room, same with mallinder.
redderneck

Post by redderneck »

Lenny wrote:

This would be my view as well. When we talk about a backlash I wonder where its going to come from, because other than Luke Hamilton I didnt see a whole lot of Leicester style aggression or nous in that Tigers side. Cole will bviously make a difference but there are none of the baby eaters or cute hoors you'd always get in a Leicester side. I wouldn't dismiss any Leicester side, especially at Welford Road, but I was a bit taken aback when I saw the teamsheet before Saturdays game because I recognised so few names.
Lenny, I suppose the backlash I'd be concerned about might well be one which isn't necessarily manifested on the scoreboard. I would expect Welford Road to be brutal.
Petej

Post by Petej »

redderneck wrote:
Lenny wrote:

Lenny, I suppose the backlash I'd be concerned about might well be one which isn't necessarily manifested on the scoreboard. I would expect Welford Road to be brutal.
It will be very brutal if they perform so badly again but Cockhead knows why we lost "We kicked poorly and invited Munster to run at us,". Pesky backs doing nothing with all the fast ball they got. The problem is creeping into the 4th play off spot and maybe getting to the LV cup final would probably save him. If we were doing as badly as Saints I think he would be gone.
fisgard792

Post by fisgard792 »

Petej wrote:
redderneck wrote:
Lenny wrote:

It will be very brutal if they perform so badly again but Cockhead knows why we lost "We kicked poorly and invited Munster to run at us,". Pesky backs doing nothing with all the fast ball they got. The problem is creeping into the 4th play off spot and maybe getting to the LV cup final would probably save him. If we were doing as badly as Saints I think he would be gone.
irrespective of what happens this weekend, i cant see RC going anywhere, until the end of the season at least, and whilst a lions tour occupies everybody else's mind.

He has mitigation is the injuries, which in fairness, he rarely moans about.

I am not a great fan of him, but you don't replace his position, unless there's somebody better and available. the team are still in the AP play-off position.

what would the bookies give on deano?