Bath falcons

All things Rugby
Grizz Wyllie

Re: Bath falcons

Post by Grizz Wyllie »

Roko vs Goneva has been great fun. A personal battle with both trying to blast past the other.
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

Come on Falcons!!!
small fry

Post by small fry »

Try Harris
conversion
24-22-
David990

Post by David990 »

This is the second Newcastle game I've watched this season and I've been fairly impressed with them.
small fry

Post by small fry »

Good game , good game my luv's

Final score

24-22

Hope wasps win on Sunday
David990

Post by David990 »

Felt they should of won it last week against Wasps.
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

ASMO wrote:Fords head not in the game, he is definitely off, he basically, lost Bath that game.
Nothing to do with the 3 tries that bath let in?
David990

Post by David990 »

To be fair, if Fords penalty kicks in the first half went over then Falcons would of been hunting for a LBP rather than the win.
Sefton

Post by Sefton »

ASMO wrote:Fords head not in the game, he is definitely off, he basically, lost Bath that game.
He's focussed on Championship rugby with Sale next season.
small fry

Post by small fry »

ASMo, you may be right.

If so , very sad, perhaps his new contract is distracting him :mad:
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

ASMO wrote:I wouldn't bet against him taking a trip to Toulon
You think that what he'll be offered by English clubs, plus at least an extra £300k, if not £400k, from playing for England, would be significantly less than Toulons offer?
Sefton

Post by Sefton »

Reunited with Cockers.
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

Bath fans making the same comments as Sale fans did last season at the moment, about how if Ford keeps playing like that they won't miss him.

Completely ignores the fact that half those attempts at the posts only happen because of the good work Ford is putting in.
Frodder

Post by Frodder »

Good to see a lot of love for Brew. We were amazed he got a contract at barf
I like haggis

Post by I like haggis »

Bath to throw even more money at the SRU for Russell considering that Ford performance?
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

ASMO wrote:
Raggs wrote:
You think that what he'll be offered by English clubs, plus at least an extra £300k, if not £400k, from playing for England, would be significantly less than Toulons offer?

Toulon can offer him a 7 figure number, so yes, it would be significantly less
Sale rumoured to be offering upto £850k... plus £200k for being in the EPS twice (it may have gone up, that was the figure 2-3 years ago), plus £15k per match (11/12 a season is 170k), and I'm positive there's win bonuses in there too. That's well over a million a season.

EDIT = They got £115k for the grand slam last season, so adding that up looks like £1.3m to me...
Last edited by Raggs on Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

Frodder wrote:Good to see a lot of love for Brew. We were amazed he got a contract at barf
He does some really good stuff but always a drops a bollock.
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

ASMO wrote:Not a chance that number is true, why would you pay anything near that for a player that won;t even play for you for more than half a season.
Why not more than half a season? Fairly sure England players make more than half the season. Sale have a huge amount of cap to spare, and now a huge amount of money to spend. EQP players get more allowances too, as do those in the EPS on top. Even if it's only £550k he'd be hitting a million.
Sefton

Post by Sefton »

ASMO wrote:
Raggs wrote:
ASMO wrote:
Raggs wrote:

Toulon can offer him a 7 figure number, so yes, it would be significantly less
Sale rumoured to be offering upto £850k... plus £200k for being in the EPS twice (it may have gone up, that was the figure 2-3 years ago), plus £15k per match (11/12 a season is 170k), and I'm positive there's win bonuses in there too. That's well over a million a season.

Not a chance that number is true, why would you pay anything near that for a player that won;t even play for you for more than half a season and is eating a significant chunk of the salary cap.
You haven't seen much of us this year have you.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

I like haggis wrote:Bath to throw even more money at the SRU for Russell considering that Ford performance?
That one, yes. His kicking anyway.
OhNo

Post by OhNo »

I still think that if the pressure is on this team could mentally crack, but today when bath went ahead the heads stayed up and the Falcons played on.

I know the table will be different on Sunday, but it is over half the season gone and the team is at 6 on the table. For the first time in ages when reading the paper on Monday I'm not looking at the bottom of the table and doing a mental calculation of how many games left, points available and who has who left to play.

Plus there is free curry at the end of all home games!
RodneyRegis

Post by RodneyRegis »

Joel Hodgson is in some utterly ridiculous form. I'd absolutely love him at Quins right now.
RodneyRegis

Post by RodneyRegis »

£50?
fisgard792

Post by fisgard792 »

OhNo wrote:I still think that if the pressure is on this team could mentally crack, but today when bath went ahead the heads stayed up and the Falcons played on.

I know the table will be different on Sunday, but it is over half the season gone and the team is at 6 on the table. For the first time in ages when reading the paper on Monday I'm not looking at the bottom of the table and doing a mental calculation of how many games left, points available and who has who left to play.

Deano popular in Newcastle then.

Maybe time for him to come home.
OhNo

Post by OhNo »

fisgard792 wrote:
OhNo wrote:I still think that if the pressure is on this team could mentally crack, but today when bath went ahead the heads stayed up and the Falcons played on.

He is home. I hope.
croyals

Post by croyals »

fisgard792 wrote:

England have a decent coach for now, at least someone to keep the chair warm until 2019.
Torquemada 1420

Post by Torquemada 1420 »

Bath should merge with Glaws and rebrand as the Chokers Collective.