How have you stopped your relationship getting stale?

All things Rugby
look_spanky

How have you stopped your relationship getting stale?

Post by look_spanky »

I have been with my partner for just over 2 years and we recently purchased our first home together. Over the last 6 months or so things have gotten really boring and it feels more like a friendship. In the last 2 months I've been quite unhappy in the relationship, although the fact that we both are bored in our jobs hasn't helped. Shes a great girl and I get along well with her family, everyone I know loves her but I just have this sibling feeling that something's not right. Plus now that we're 2 years in the obligatory nagging has started and she's put on a bit of weight which frankly has resulted in me being less attracted to her

We are meant to be heading to the uk for a couple of years and I think she may feel that it will keep things fresh but I'm not so sure. It's almost crunch time, so any tips on how to freshen things up? Or am I fücked?
CrazyIslander

Re: How have you stopped your relationship getting stale?

Post by CrazyIslander »

look_spanky wrote:I have been with my partner for just over 2 years and we recently purchased our first home together. Over the last 6 months or so things have gotten really boring and it feels more like a friendship. In the last 2 months I've been quite unhappy in the relationship, although the fact that we both are bored in our jobs hasn't helped. Shes a great girl and I get along well with her family, everyone I know loves her but I just have this sibling feeling that something's not right. Plus now that we're 2 years in the obligatory nagging has started and she's put on a bit of weight which frankly has resulted in me being less attracted to her

We are meant to be heading to the uk for a couple of years and I think she may feel that it will keep things fresh but I'm not so sure. It's almost crunch time, so any tips on how to freshen things up? Or am I fücked?
Bored hits a new low. People openly admitting incest. What next?
DragonKhan

Post by DragonKhan »

look_spanky wrote:I have been with my partner for just over 2 years and we recently purchased our first home together. Over the last 6 months or so things have gotten really boring and it feels more like a friendship. In the last 2 months I've been quite unhappy in the relationship, although the fact that we both are bored in our jobs hasn't helped. Shes a great girl and I get along well with her family, everyone I know loves her but I just have this sibling feeling that something's not right. Plus now that we're 2 years in the obligatory nagging has started and she's put on a bit of weight which frankly has resulted in me being less attracted to her

Pervert.

But seriously, what made you like her in the first place? What was your relationship built on initially?
panamax

Post by panamax »

[quote="look_spanky"]I have been with my partner for just over 2 years and we recently purchased our first home together. Over the last 6 months or so things have gotten really boring and it feels more like a friendship. In the last 2 months I've been quite unhappy in the relationship, although the fact that we both are bored in our jobs hasn't helped. Shes a great girl and I get along well with her family, everyone I know loves her but I just have this sibling feeling that something's not right. Plus now that we're 2 years in the obligatory nagging has started and she's put on a bit of weight which frankly has resulted in me being less attracted to her

We are meant to be heading to the uk for a couple of years and I think she may feel that it will keep things fresh but I'm not so sure. It's almost crunch time, so any tips on how to freshen things up? Or am I fücked?[/quote]

that's the question no?
assfly

Post by assfly »

I'm sure many of the bored members here will have a lot of good advice for you, if you follow a well known rule.
Winnie

Post by Winnie »

assfly wrote:I'm sure many of the bored members here will have a lot of good advice for you, if you follow a well known rule.
Lol
handyman

Post by handyman »

Marry her instead of living together in sin FFS!
The Ginger Jedi

Post by The Ginger Jedi »

Never take her for granted. Never let her take you for granted. Communicate.

2 years is nothing, if you feel like this now you're f**ked.
globus

Post by globus »

Yep. Marry her and have kids.
Flametop

Post by Flametop »

Has she any hot friends she could invite over?
How close are they?
danny_fitz

Post by danny_fitz »

I think you need to get a camera and publish a five day 'Dear Deidre Photo Casebook' of your plight, throw in a 'hot mind blowing' threesome with the barmaid from your local, an affair with your neighbour and a crush on your cougar boss at work (preferably with her inexplicably wearing lingerie in the office) so we can fully and accurately appraise the situation and offer advice.
panamax

Post by panamax »

are you the Alpha type, or a Beta?

Beta will usually complain about long term relationships, show feelings etc so my guess is you are Beta

if you want to change that Silver is your guy
CrazyIslander

Post by CrazyIslander »

After some deep ANALysis of what you ASSked I think I know what has been DOGging your relationship. BUTT its really UP to you to do it. wink wink.
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

Feck off we're full.
Chuckles1188

Post by Chuckles1188 »

One surefire way I have found to keep a relationship from getting stale is to allow it to turn into a nightmare scenario where she doesn't get on with any of your friends and has a very limited social life so insists you stay with her whenever you're not compelled to go out for work or whatever, constantly tries to interfere with everything you do, and occasionally threatens to commit suicide if you leave or if she's just having a bad day. Livens things right up
Bokkom

Post by Bokkom »

panamax wrote:are you the Alpha type, or a Beta?

Beta will usually complain about long term relationships, show feelings etc so my guess is you are Beta

if you want to change that Silver is your guy
:lol: :lol:
sewa

Post by sewa »

Chuckles1188 wrote:One surefire way I have found to keep a relationship from getting stale is to allow it to turn into a nightmare scenario where she doesn't get on with any of your friends and has a very limited social life so insists you stay with her whenever you're not compelled to go out for work or whatever, constantly tries to interfere with everything you do, and occasionally threatens to commit suicide if you leave or if she's just having a bad day. Livens things right up
Very positive advice :thumbup:
danny_fitz

Post by danny_fitz »

Chuckles1188 wrote:One surefire way I have found to keep a relationship from getting stale is to allow it to turn into a nightmare scenario where she doesn't get on with any of your friends and has a very limited social life so insists you stay with her whenever you're not compelled to go out for work or whatever, constantly tries to interfere with everything you do, and occasionally threatens to commit suicide if you leave or if she's just having a bad day. Livens things right up
I assume you put an end to this by investing in a new patio.
Chuckles1188

Post by Chuckles1188 »

In a manner of speaking, yes
look_spanky

Post by look_spanky »

DragonKhan wrote:

Pervert.

But seriously, what made you like her in the first place? What was your relationship built on initially?
Hard question to answer. She's got a great career in science that's about to take off and is very intelligent (despite having no common sense whatsoever). She was in great nick as well, when we met she was doing competitive cheerleading. Very friendly. Had a few issues with anxiety at the time too which flares up occasionally.

I might add that this is my first long term relationship as I spent the majority of my 20s bed hopping which may have me hankering to be free again. looking back with rose tinted glasses I suppose.
Winnie

Post by Winnie »

look_spanky wrote:
DragonKhan wrote:

Pervert.

Hard question to answer. She's got a great career in science that's about to take off and is very intelligent (despite having no common sense whatsoever). She was in great nick as well, when we met she was doing competitive cheerleading. Very friendly. Had a few issues with anxiety at the time too which flares up occasionally.

I might add that this is my first long term relationship as I spent the majority of my 20s bed hopping which may have me hankering to be free again. looking back with rose tinted glasses I suppose.
To be honest he problems all seem to stem from your side
Are you mature enough yet to be in a long term relationship?
Maybe you still need to sow your wild oats a few more years
look_spanky

Post by look_spanky »

That sounds just like my brothers scenario...wait, is that you???
Flametop

Post by Flametop »

If you tell her that she's got a bit fat, that should liven things up a bit.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Take up weightlifting together. :thumbup:
Short Man Syndrome

Post by Short Man Syndrome »

Flametop wrote:If you tell her that she's got a bit fat, that should liven things up a bit.
This might work. But only if you asked in a natural but confident voice. Stand with a manly but relaxed posture (not slouching etc) and maintain good eye contact.
globus

Post by globus »

Buy her a corset.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Short Man Syndrome wrote:
Flametop wrote:If you tell her that she's got a bit fat, that should liven things up a bit.
This might work. But only if you asked in a natural but confident voice. Stand with a manly but relaxed posture (not slouching etc) and maintain good eye contact.
And the make a V shape with your fingers and stick your tongue through, waggling it a bit. Works every time.

globus wrote:Buy her a corset.
Actually, buy her some nice clothes that would have fit her a year ago or whatever, claiming that you know her size. If she likes them she might actually make the effort to fit into them again.
Last edited by Nolanator on Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
hp18

Post by hp18 »

Nolanator wrote:
Short Man Syndrome wrote:
And the make a V shape with your fingers and stick your tongue through, waggling it a bit. Works every time.
Is this before or after the swiveling eyes?
Red Chopper

Post by Red Chopper »

Great place to ask for advice on such a sensitive subject. :uhoh: FWIW, it sounds like you were attracted to her physically more than anything else, that doesn't bode well for a long term relationship - has to be built on a lot more than just that. If you're finding her unattractive now, how are you going to feel 20 years down the road? As for feeling like a friend, well surely that's a positive, and a direct result of getting to know each other - wouldn't it be far worse if you didn't feel close as mates? :? I'm sure one or two bordies would disgree, but imo your'e never going to maintain that initial ''in love'' feeling forever. Ultimately it boils down to what you want out of a relationship, but if the fire is dying now, maybe a good time to end it and have a fresh start abroad?
Mr. Very Popular

Post by Mr. Very Popular »

Take a trip up the choccie highway
BBB

Post by BBB »

CrazyIslander wrote:After some deep ANALysis of what you ASSked I think I know what has been DOGging your relationship. BUTT its really UP to you to do it. wink wink.
:lol: :lol:
Keith

Post by Keith »

This really isn't the best place for serious advice, you might have already realised. Having said that....

Spontaneity! Buy her some lingierie, and leave a note with it for when she gets home from work telling her to put it on and where to wait for you...

That should sort it out for a little while at least. Women love stuff like that.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Mr. Very Popular wrote:Take a trip up the choccie highway

Sounds like she is fat enough already.
BBB

Post by BBB »

Golden Showers?
hp18

Post by hp18 »

Keith wrote:This really isn't the best place for serious advice, you might have already realised. Having said that....

Spontaneity! Buy her some lingierie, and leave a note with it for when she gets home from work telling her to put it on and where to wait for you...

That should sort it out for a little while at least. Women love stuff like that.
And while she's doing that, you can go down the pub to hang with people you actually care about :thumbup:
Steamin Beamin

Post by Steamin Beamin »

If you're already fed up of her after 2 years then you're doomed. Get out now.

Either that or start riding whatever you can, whenever you can, stay with her and look forward to a lifetime of mutual loathing.
sorCrer

Post by sorCrer »

Push her couch in.
assfly

Post by assfly »

After passion comes compassion. The calming of your relationship should hopefully coincide with a deeper understanding of each other.
SirBurger

Post by SirBurger »

I don't want to sound harsh, but 2 years is quite soon to be getting bored. Natural to get a bit of an itch after 5 years plus, but two isn't normal.
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

SirBurger wrote:I don't want to sound harsh, but 2 years is quite soon to be getting bored. Natural to get a bit of an itch after 5 years plus, but two isn't normal.
Actually at uni I saw a huge number of relationships end around the 2 year mark. Seems to be a bit of a turning point.

How old are you spanky?

The passion dies down with time, it's only natural, but if you're no longer at least happy to see her when you get home, then things probably aren't going to go well.