All things Rugby
waguser

Avon and Somerset Police taser own race relations advisor

Post by waguser »

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... dah-adunbi

Sorry but :lol: :lol:

Stupid idiots

when you see the video it is so banal.

Stupid plum wouldn't tell them who he was..
theo

Re: Avon and Somerset Police taser own race relations adviso

Post by theo »

:lol: :lol:

Thank god they don't have guns.
Margin_Walker

Post by Margin_Walker »

Well that was comedy all round.

Just tell them your name dickhead
Some proper Hot Fuzz coppers
And politely outraged commentary from the neighbour.
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

Why wouldn't he just tell them his name? If it was a random in the street asking you'd probably be happy to give your first name at least!

They were clearly looking for someone, and whoever that was I assume is what made them concerned.

Not sure what would be right there. They obviously think they've caught someone significant, and that seemingly intimidates them a bit. He refuses to give up his identity, which isn't going to allay their suspicions. Next step is probably to keep him where he is and call backup? The woman seemed a little trigger happy for sure, and should get the riot act read to her, but why wouldn't someone who's supposedly trying to improve police relations with his community, not try and be a good example? Asked your name, tell them, ask if there's something you can help with, offer ID or to wait for them to call base, take them home and offer a cuppa.
BBB

Post by BBB »

What a bloodclaat. :lol:
Dai another day

Post by Dai another day »

"Taser! Taser! Taser! You've been tasered, alright?"

Diego

Post by Diego »

Dai another day wrote:"Taser! Taser! Taser! You've been tasered, alright?"

:lol:
hp18

Post by hp18 »

Raggs wrote:Why wouldn't he just tell them his name? If it was a random in the street asking you'd probably be happy to give your first name at least!

They were clearly looking for someone, and whoever that was I assume is what made them concerned.

Not sure what would be right there. They obviously think they've caught someone significant, and that seemingly intimidates them a bit. He refuses to give up his identity, which isn't going to allay their suspicions. Next step is probably to keep him where he is and call backup? The woman seemed a little trigger happy for sure, and should get the riot act read to her, but why wouldn't someone who's supposedly trying to improve police relations with his community, not try and be a good example? Asked your name, tell them, ask if there's something you can help with, offer ID or to wait for them to call base, take them home and offer a cuppa.
Video won't work for me so you'll need to help out a bit here. Do they say why they're asking or do they just rock up and demand his details? While it's inadvisable especially if there's no witnesses, I wouldn't be particularly inclined towards telling them without a bit of give and take.
Sandstorm

Post by Sandstorm »

Raggs wrote:Why wouldn't he just tell them his name? If it was a random in the street asking you'd probably be happy to give your first name at least!
It's a point of pride among a very large number of Brits that they won't give their name to coppers. They'll also refuse to carry/show ID.
Idiots.
zt1903

Post by zt1903 »

Margin_Walker wrote:Well that was comedy all round.

Just tell them your name dickhead
Some proper Hot Fuzz coppers
And politely outraged commentary from the neighbour.
:lol:
waguser

Post by waguser »

Just bad decision making all round
lorcanoworms

Post by lorcanoworms »

Wonder if they thought hell hello hello he looks familiar,what's he wanted for.
lorcanoworms

Post by lorcanoworms »

Just looked at it now,jebus the guy is tiny. Ridiculous that they had to taser him.
OptimisticJock

Post by OptimisticJock »

hp18 wrote:

Video won't work for me so you'll need to help out a bit here. Do they say why they're asking or do they just rock up and demand his details? While it's inadvisable especially if there's no witnesses, I wouldn't be particularly inclined towards telling them without a bit of give and take.
They think he's someone else and ask him how they would know he's not that person if he doesn't tell them.

Should have tasered the fanny with the camera too.
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

lorcanoworms wrote:Just looked at it now,jebus the guy is tiny. Ridiculous that they had to taser him.
Steady on Jeff
lorcanoworms

Post by lorcanoworms »

happyhooker wrote:
lorcanoworms wrote:Just looked at it now,jebus the guy is tiny. Ridiculous that they had to taser him.
Steady on Jeff
I would have got him in a headlock,what could go wrong?
hp18

Post by hp18 »

OptimisticJock wrote:
hp18 wrote:

They think he's someone else and ask him how they would know he's not that person if he doesn't tell them.

That's a given.

Well if they're being reasonable (up until the taser) then I'm losing sympathy for the tasee.
waguser

Post by waguser »

ah it was a bollox tasering.

absolute bollox

bit of judgement and they could have sorted it.
croyals

Post by croyals »

Sandstorm wrote:
It's a point of pride among a very large number of Brits that they won't give their name to coppers. They'll also refuse to carry/show ID.
Idiots.
An ancient cultural legacy.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

A couple of things.

One of the police officers has the tazer in her hand from the beginning of the video ie it looks as though the 'suspect' was approached with the tazer already out and ready to fire.

The 'suspect' is acting a bit of the prick for not giving his name; but no doubt one of the reasons he didn't is because he was practising what he preached as a police race relations advisor, ie citizens in the UK are under no legal obligation to give their names to the police when stopped on 'sus'.

So far as I can see the 'suspect' had not been arrested before attempting to get into his property which the police officers forcibly stopped him doing.

I am aware that we may be seeing an edited video but some ambulance chasers are no doubt already rubbing their hands in glee.
ScarfaceClaw

Post by ScarfaceClaw »

What an absolute pillock. Acted to total twat during that whole video. As for the neighbour filming it. I say old boy, you appear to have electrocuted that gentleman. A rum job all round, what.
OptimisticJock

Post by OptimisticJock »

hp18 wrote:
OptimisticJock wrote:
hp18 wrote:

That's a given.

Well if they're being reasonable (up until the taser) then I'm losing sympathy for the tasee.
Not sure she needed to taser him but fvck him.
sewa

Post by sewa »

That really is brilliant, he would never have known otherwise
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

sewa wrote:

That really is brilliant, he would never have known otherwise
Yeah, it's hardly going to come as a shock to him.

Gets coat
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

hp18 wrote:

Start of the video comes when it's clearly been going on, smallish black guy states point blank he's not giving his name, states he's done no wrong. Male policeman calmly tells him that they have no choice than to arrest him, since they believe he's **** **** (name redacted) and he's wanted, and if he's not going to tell them his name how are they to know (all calm, slighy exasperated). Man talks loudly and tells them they don't know who the F**k they're talking about, then shouts at them to leave him alone and let him go about his business. Policewoman says they've askde him to stay calm. Guy then starts walking upto her (she has a taser out) wagging his finger and saying "You're going to calm me, your sergeant is going to calm me".

We then have a chunk edited out, how convenient... the guy has seemingly gone down a gated+ metal fenced entrance and is trying to shut the gate on them. Copper pushes his way into the place, and gets shoved off by the guy. Little bit of a scuffle, nothing ridiculous, and the policewoman tasers him once they break up.
camroc1 wrote:A couple of things.

One of the police officers has the tazer in her hand from the beginning of the video ie it looks as though the 'suspect' was approached with the tazer already out and ready to fire.

The 'suspect' is acting a bit of the prick for not giving his name; but no doubt one of the reasons he didn't is because he was practising what he preached as a police race relations advisor, ie citizens in the UK are under no legal obligation to give their names to the police when stopped on 'sus'.

So far as I can see the 'suspect' had not been arrested before attempting to get into his property which the police officers forcibly stopped him doing.

I am aware that we may be seeing an edited video but some ambulance chasers are no doubt already rubbing their hands in glee.
We don't see the approach, we see her with the taser out, but no idea how long it's been going on. If he's been preaching that race relations is helped by everyone refusing to give even a name, I don't think that'll help relations, it's a two way street.

Given the large edit, we don't know if they've arrested him before he tries to get into the property, and if he's a wanted man, I'm not sure that should be enough to stop them, it's not clear that it's his property either (not locked etc apparently).
Leinster in London

Post by Leinster in London »

Rather than watch it again, did they state "We are arresting you" or did they shoot first, then remember he can not be resisting arrest if they haven't first arrested him ?
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

Leinster in London wrote:Rather than watch it again, did they state "We are arresting you" or did they shoot first, then remember he can not be resisting arrest if they haven't first arrested him ?
There's an edit in the middle, no way of knowing.
MrJonno

Post by MrJonno »

“At first, you don’t accuse someone of being someone else. You ask questions."

They did ask questions you twat, they asked your name.

I can't make up my mind about this having been harrassed by coppers in Chingford for being Irish - I wasn't as pleasant as the guy in the video but they didn't have tasers and decided to take me up on my suggestion that they "just fk off pretty fking pronto before I get upset".

I guess a lot depends on what basis the cops have a right to demand your details and how much he resembles the suspect. If the suspect is a 20 yo white girl I'd say the cops are rightly fked.
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

MrJonno wrote:“At first, you don’t accuse someone of being someone else. You ask questions."

I can't make up my mind about this having been harrassed by coppers in Chingford for being Irish - I wasn't as pleasant as the guy in the video but they didn't have tasers and decided to take me up on my suggestion that they "just fk off pretty fking pronto before I get upset".

I guess a lot depends on what basis the cops have a right to demand your details and how much he resembles the suspect. If the suspect is a 20 yo white girl I'd say the cops are rightly fked.
If the cops suspect me of being someone they're willing to pull a taser on, and I can get them to clear off by showing that I'm not that guy, I suspect I'm going to think "F**k my high horse, here's my ID.". They're just trying to do a job.
MrJonno

Post by MrJonno »

Raggs wrote:
MrJonno wrote:“At first, you don’t accuse someone of being someone else. You ask questions."

If the cops suspect me of being someone they're willing to pull a taser on, and I can get them to clear off by showing that I'm not that guy, I suspect I'm going to think "F**k my high horse, here's my ID.". They're just trying to do a job.

Absolutely and in that way its a bit like cycling, there are more important things than being in the right but I'm talking about after the event. Whether or not it would have been sensible for him to just provide his details has no bearing on whether they were reasonable in demanding he does it.
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

MrJonno wrote:Absolutely and in that way its a bit like cycling, there are more important things than being in the right but I'm talking about after the event. Whether or not it would have been sensible for him to just provide his details has no bearing on whether they were reasonable in demanding he does it.
Tough to tell with the edit. The start definitely shows the policeman asking very calmly and explaining why, he also states that if he doesn't show them, he'll be arrested.
waguser

Post by waguser »

never mind the "then I did that then he did that then the other did the other"

How f**ked is it when they have a "race relations advisor" who is unable and or unwilling to convince the police who he is and police who haven't a clue who he is.

epic fail
Sandstorm

Post by Sandstorm »

waguser wrote:never mind the "then I did that then he did that then the other did the other"

How f**k is it when they have a "race relations advisor" who is unable and or unwilling to convince the police who he is and police who haven't a clue who he is.

epic fail
I think he must work in a local mosque.
fatcat

Post by fatcat »

Raggs wrote:

Why even be on a high horse in the first place? I really don't see any issue with giving the police your name. It's not like they're going to hunt down your address and sign you up for a subscription to National Geographic.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

We're all nice middle class people on this thread, who would normally give our name to the police when asked without fear.

Other members of the community, for various reasons, might not be so inclined.

But as has been noted, we're not seeing the entire video, nor even the entire event.
OptimisticJock

Post by OptimisticJock »

Fvck you camroc. Don't insult me like that again.
hp18

Post by hp18 »

Raggs wrote:
hp18 wrote:

Start of the video comes when it's clearly been going on, smallish black guy states point blank he's not giving his name, states he's done no wrong. Male policeman calmly tells him that they have no choice than to arrest him, since they believe he's **** **** (name redacted) and he's wanted, and if he's not going to tell them his name how are they to know (all calm, slighy exasperated). Man talks loudly and tells them they don't know who the F**k they're talking about, then shouts at them to leave him alone and let him go about his business. Policewoman says they've askde him to stay calm. Guy then starts walking upto her (she has a taser out) wagging his finger and saying "You're going to calm me, your sergeant is going to calm me".

We then have a chunk edited out, how convenient... the guy has seemingly gone down a gated+ metal fenced entrance and is trying to shut the gate on them. Copper pushes his way into the place, and gets shoved off by the guy. Little bit of a scuffle, nothing ridiculous, and the policewoman tasers him once they break up.
Ta.
DOB

Post by DOB »

We don't see the approach, we see her with the taser out, but no idea how long it's been going on. If he's been preaching that race relations is helped by everyone refusing to give even a name, I don't think that'll help relations, it's a two way street.

Given the large edit, we don't know if they've arrested him before he tries to get into the property, and if he's a wanted man, I'm not sure that should be enough to stop them, it's not clear that it's his property either (not locked etc apparently).
The bit shown isn't much use without the initial approach. If she had her taser out when it all started, that's not a good look for the cops. If it started with them seeing him, thinking "oooh, doesn't he look a bit like..?" and then politely asking him a few questions leading up to an accusation, then that might be fair enough.
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

DOB wrote:

The bit shown isn't much use without the initial approach. If she had her taser out when it all started, that's not a good look for the cops. If it started with them seeing him, thinking "oooh, doesn't he look a bit like..?" and then politely asking him a few questions leading up to an accusation, then that might be fair enough.
Agreed, the fact there's a chunk missing in the middle of the recording is suspicious as well.