Re: Exodus of old Brits from Spain

Post by Laurent »

bimboman wrote:
Laurent wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Laurent wrote:
bimboman wrote:

Code: Select all

[quote="Laurent"]want a new spade Bimbo the first one is getting well worn  :lol:[/quote]
Maybe you can explain why the Brits have to leave Spain post our EU exit?
no one suggested it you tit

Well it is being heavily implied, but with little accurate detail on why, there's no reason at all the Brits in Spain would have to come home.
They would have to go back if they can't afford it on the British rupies

So total conjecture then. I imagine they'll be fine against the Euro for a start. Any actual facts ?
What facts you got a bee in your bonnet about people saying the Brits retirees may have to head back to Grey Britain.

then dug a hole
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

bimboman wrote:
Laurent wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Laurent wrote:
bimboman wrote:

Well it is being heavily implied, but with little accurate detail on why, there's no reason at all the Brits in Spain would have to come home.

So total conjecture then. I imagine they'll be fine against the Euro for a start. Any actual facts ?
I imagine so ! :P
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

What facts you got a bee in your bonnet about people saying the Brits retirees may have to head back to Grey Britain.

then dug a hole
any actual fact Laurent ? Pensions? EU competency ? Anything of any substance ?
Laurent

Post by Laurent »

bimboman wrote:

then dug a hole
any actual fact Laurent ? Pensions? EU competency ? Anything of any substance ?
There are none bar the bee in your bonnet no facts whatsoever (except for the bee and the bonnet)

le petit vélo dans la tête....
Heymans

Post by Heymans »

bimboman wrote:
Laurent wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Laurent wrote:
bimboman wrote:

Under what kind of visa will they be able to live in Spain? Old and english isn't a category I believe. There's always the "I'm loaded" kind of visa but it's nor for everyone is it?
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

I'm wondering whether bimbo has investing all his moolah in some crappy doer-upper in benidorm or some other shithole, with a view to the future?
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Move to Scotland for retirement or Tenby in Wales Bimbo. Plenty of beaches there and you can stay as long as you want.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Under what kind of visa will they be able to live in Spain? Old and english isn't a category I believe. There's always the "I'm loaded" kind of visa but it's nor for everyone is it?
One that the Spanish will agree with the British, it's in Spain's interests to keep at least some of the million empty apartments with residents in them (of course this is conjecture, as is the opposite argument).
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Gavin Duffy wrote:I'm wondering whether bimbo has investing all his moolah in some crappy doer-upper in benidorm or some other shithole, with a view to the future?

Not yet, of course when the Euro finally collapses I might have a punt.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

iarmhiman wrote:Move to Scotland for retirement or Tenby in Wales Bimbo. Plenty of beaches there and you can stay as long as you want.

West coast of Ireland I reckon , better beaches less plum and good beer.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

bimboman wrote:
One that the Spanish will agree with the British, it's in Spain's interests to keep at least some of the million empty apartments with residents in them (of course this is conjecture, as is the opposite argument).
It will be an EU agreement with the UK.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

bimboman wrote:
Gavin Duffy wrote:I'm wondering whether bimbo has investing all his moolah in some crappy doer-upper in benidorm or some other shithole, with a view to the future?

I think we'll be hearing that nugget for the next 30 years and beyond.
ZappaMan

Post by ZappaMan »

iarmhiman wrote:
bimboman wrote:

I don't.
AND-y

Post by AND-y »

bimboman wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:Move to Scotland for retirement or Tenby in Wales Bimbo. Plenty of beaches there and you can stay as long as you want.

Well whoever gets you will be incredibly fortunate
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

camroc1 wrote:
bimboman wrote:

What ? Non EU migration is now an EU competency ?
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

bimboman wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
bimboman wrote:

What?
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

bimboman wrote:

You'd better hope that May doesn't fúck up the CTA then. ANd she will if she continues down the road she's on.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

ZappaMan wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
bimboman wrote:

I don't.
Why?
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

bimboman wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
bimboman wrote:

Yes.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

camroc1 wrote:
bimboman wrote:

You'd better hope that May doesn't fúck up the CTA then. ANd she will if she continues down the road she's on.
She's just paying it lip service, she doesn't give a shit about it.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Gavin Duffy wrote:
bimboman wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
bimboman wrote:

What?

It's a simple question is a member countries immigration policy from non EU countries a matter of EU dictate ? Or is it a countries own business ?
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Gavin Duffy wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
bimboman wrote:

She's just paying it lip service, she doesn't give a shit about it.
Other than as a bargaining chip, I agree.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

camroc1 wrote:
bimboman wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
bimboman wrote:

Yes.

So the CTA is an EU agreement ?
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

I've no idea how they're going to deal with the Northern Ireland border issue.

It's going to be the Scotland border solution isn't it? Nordies will have to show passports going through Stranraer.
Heymans

Post by Heymans »

bimboman wrote:
Fair enough. So the UK will have to negociate with every EU country separately for all its retired citizens. I can see the argument for Spain that needs all its resorts filled, but it might not be as convincing for France. The English have been impacting houses prices to absurd levels in the South west. Not to mention possible spite. After all why should EU countries accomodate Uk citizens when they voted out? Petty of course but entirely possible.
We'll see.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

bimboman wrote:
Gavin Duffy wrote:
bimboman wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
bimboman wrote:

What?

It's a simple question is a member countries immigration policy from non EU countries a matter of EU dictate ? Or is it a countries own business ?
It's an EU competency for shengen countries.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

bimboman wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
bimboman wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
bimboman wrote:

Yes.

So the CTA is an EU agreement ?
It was never an issue as we both signed on at the same time. Now it's an issue. Why do you know so little about this stuff?
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

iarmhiman wrote:I've no idea how they're going to deal with the Northern Ireland border issue.

It's going to be the Scotland border solution isn't it? Nordies will have to show passports going through Stranraer.
An all-Ireland CTA with the shengen/EU border in GB would certainly be agreeable to the Irish government.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

camroc1 wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:I've no idea how they're going to deal with the Northern Ireland border issue.

An all-Ireland CTA with the shengen/EU border in GB would certainly be agreeable to the Irish government.
Not with a certain Arlene Foster though.
C69

Post by C69 »

I suspect it will be a black and white issue.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

iarmhiman wrote:
camroc1 wrote:

Nee Kelly, as I discovered today. Her people must have taken the soup.
apurelegend

Post by apurelegend »

Please God all those Brits will leave Spain. They have ruined many towns and villages with their complete lack of class and general ignorance. Such a crude bunch.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

iarmhiman wrote:
camroc1 wrote:

Tough.

As the UK Supreme Court ruled today, anything other than a change in sovereignty is strictly a UK parliament matter wrt NI.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

C69

Post by C69 »

When the reciprocal health agreements break down none of the old feckers will be covered for their maladies.
Feel the pain
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Heymans wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Fair enough. So the UK will have to negociate with every EU country separately for all its retired citizens. I can see the argument for Spain that needs all its resorts filled, but it might not be as convincing for France. The English have been impacting houses prices to absurd levels in the South west. Not to mention possible spite. After all why should EU countries accomodate Uk citizens when they voted out? Petty of course but entirely possible.
We'll see.

Indeed, I'm sure the French want back their young and bright working in London so as to avoid your communist state so they'll play hard ball. Your house prices are still f ing cheap though so can't see that changing much.
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

bimboman wrote:

As a non eu citizen you apply for a residency in Spain with proof of your pension to your local Spanish consulate. Doesn't sound like an eu thing?
Heymans

Post by Heymans »

bimboman wrote:
Heymans wrote:
bimboman wrote:
We'll see.

Indeed, I'm sure the French want back their young and bright working in London so as to avoid your communist state so they'll play hard ball. Your house prices are still f ing cheap though so can't see that changing much.
Fair enough. Absolutely impossible to predict what will happen though, so many variables and random shit on top of it. Who knows...
fisgard792

Post by fisgard792 »

i would be quite content to stay in Catalonia. the biggest problem for now, is the exchange rate, and learning catalan.

was reading a news line this morning about the demise of the euro, as euro transactions in the finance world have fallen off a cliff apparently, so who knows
mikerob

Post by mikerob »

iarmhiman wrote:
camroc1 wrote:

It would be a delicious ironing though. The DUP support Brexit and end up with an open border between NI and the republic and "border" checks between NI and GB.