Re: Official 2017 Six Nations England vs France

Post by happyhooker »

ITfuckingV
SamShark

Post by SamShark »

happyhooker wrote:ITfuckingV
Pretty poor planning.

If England lose in the first game on ITV Inverdale will never get the chance to talk about England's possible grand slam

:frown:
Dork Lard

Post by Dork Lard »

btw apologies for the logo :lol: got em both from the same source on purpose so this wouldn't happen. Oh well. I suppose wikipedia knew my personal bias..

Anyways who gives a fohh, less talk some Six Nations heah, les go, just over a week's wait now fellas ! :nod: :proud:
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

That's a huge cock.

I think England have enough to win but it won't be convincing.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

SamShark wrote:
happyhooker wrote:ITfuckingV
Pretty poor planning.

If England lose in the first game on ITV Inverdale will never get the chance to talk about England's possible grand slam

:frown:
:thumbup:
croyals

Post by croyals »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9fa3HFR02E

Let's be having ya froggies.

I'm exceptionally nervous and think at best this game is a toss up. Plus I'm going so we're guaranteed to lose.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

croyals wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9fa3HFR02E

I'm exceptionally nervous and think at best this game is a toss up. Plus I'm going so we're guaranteed to lose.
Nah going to be a cake walk for the pigdogs.
croyals

Post by croyals »

iarmhiman wrote:

Not a chance. For a start our injury situation is so bad I'm actively considering turning up to the game with my boots, and France did impress me in the Autumn. This has "shock" loss written all over it.

Also I have never seen England win a 6 Nations game against any side not called Italy so call it now.
Heymans

Post by Heymans »

Squeaky bum time fro France...I'd be reasonably happy with a close defeat but it's all gonna depend on the first 20 minutes. If England scores a lucky try, game over.
Laurent

Post by Laurent »

croyals wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:

Not a chance. For a start our injury situation is so bad I'm actively considering turning up to the game with my boots, and France did impress me in the Autumn. This has "shock" loss written all over it.

Also I have never seen England win a 6 Nations game against any side not called Italy so call it now.
the French injury list now is hitting the injury replacements...
C69

Post by C69 »

iarmhiman wrote:

Not even a close call tbh, Saes have a massive player base and a cheque book the envy of the world to draw on.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

c69 wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:

Not even a close call tbh, Saes have a massive player base and a cheque book the envy of the world to draw on.
Yep only Wales at home will beat them.
fishfoodie

Post by fishfoodie »

I'm looking forward to the first time Faz & Bastareaud collide, & a Faz shaped indentation in the pitch :D
croyals

Post by croyals »

fishfoodie wrote:I'm looking forward to the first time Faz & Bastareaud collide, & a Faz shaped indentation in the pitch :D
Of course, had you watched the game Saturday that may be wishful thinking on your part
The Man Without Fear

Post by The Man Without Fear »

All of our matches on Saturday kick off at 4.50, don't they? Abortion of a time for those of us with small kids, too early to drink properly, too late to make a day of it. And the bulk of the match will take place exactly when your little darlings expect their dinner.

fudge TV!
C69

Post by C69 »

The Man Without Fear wrote:All of our matches on Saturday kick off at 4.50, don't they? Abortion of a time for those of us with small kids, too early to drink properly, too late to make a day of it. And the bulk of the match will take place exactly when your little darlings expect their dinner.

f**k TV!
It really sucks doesn't it :lol:
My little one is now 10 so no issues :thumbup:
Another Slam on the cards or at least a 6N first position. No one can complete with your resources and a great squad.
plum-pudding

Post by plum-pudding »

looks like Haskell is goooonnneeee now too. Clifford too.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

The Man Without Fear wrote:All of our matches on Saturday kick off at 4.50, don't they? Abortion of a time for those of us with small kids, too early to drink properly, too late to make a day of it. And the bulk of the match will take place exactly when your little darlings expect their dinner.

f**k TV!

Don't be silly, I'm arranging a dads over at mine with their kids (have the afternoon off dear) and ordering in shit loads of dominos for the kids tea and drunk adults.
Dork Lard

Post by Dork Lard »

DragsterDriver wrote:That's a huge cock.

It's not the size that matters... it's nothing else.
\m/

Ah, I'm glad some ppl are "making the effort" to post here in the common thread instead of hiding in their own respective little tree house :roll:

What's that ? Injuries ? France are pretty bad atm. Not name-dropping for dramatic effect, but check dis:
Ben Arous, Poirot (that's both first choice LHs), Chat, Bonfils, Jedrasiak (barely returned), Ollivon, Lakafia (was selected to play this match prob.), Trinh-Duc, FOFANA (nooooooooo), Danty.

Dis a big azz list. But France is deep. Problem never was the individual players though...

Shock loss for England, rough close contest ?..... when even a well predictable game turns out very different from first expected, how hard is it to predict an injury-decimated-on-both-sides, Game 1 of the tourney, Eng-Fra crunch ??...
personally, I don't think the difference will be too big. France are capable of pulling a competitive game out of their asses although they are a caliber below from Jones' team collectively, strategy/structure wise. I can't see a blowout really, France have too good players on the pitch...but they'll certainly lack that cohesion and pinpoint accuracy and simpleness in gameplan. They'll most likely create situations nobody else can, and then fail at the easiest aspect of those.
England by 8-10 ?
Heymans

Post by Heymans »

Dork Lard wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:That's a huge cock.

It's not the size that matters... it's nothing else.
\m/

Ah, I'm glad some ppl are "making the effort" to post here in the common thread instead of hiding in their own respective little tree house :roll:

What's that ? Injuries ? France are pretty bad atm. Not name-dropping for dramatic effect, but check dis:
Ben Arous, Poirot (that's both first choice LHs), Chat, Bonfils, Jedrasiak (barely returned), Ollivon, Lakafia (was selected to play this match prob.), Trinh-Duc, FOFANA (nooooooooo), Danty.

Dis a big azz list. But France is deep. Problem never was the individual players though...

Shock loss for England, rough close contest ?..... when even a well predictable game turns out very different from first expected, how hard is it to predict an injury-decimated-on-both-sides, Game 1 of the tourney, Eng-Fra crunch ??...
personally, I don't think the difference will be too big. France are capable of pulling a competitive game out of their asses although they are a caliber below from Jones' team collectively, strategy/structure wise. I can't see a blowout really, France have too good players on the pitch...but they'll certainly lack that cohesion and pinpoint accuracy and simpleness in gameplan. They'll most likely create situations nobody else can, and then fail at the easiest aspect of those.
England by 8-10 ?
You should know there's absolutely NO sort of correlation between players quality and collective on field performance with France, especially in defeat.
Dork Lard

Post by Dork Lard »

Heymans wrote: You should know there's absolutely NO sort of correlation between players quality and collective on field performance with France, especially in defeat.
But there is. Of course there is. France are the shittiest Tier 1 nation at tapping into the potential of their players, granted, but if France hasn't had an ass-whooping from England in a while (I don't count the 55-35 as one, it was totally particular) it's only because of the players quality on the pitch. In fact, the only reason France has only had a couple of ass-whoopings and barely any at all under PSA as detestably scheisse as they most undeniably were is because of the accumulated quality of the individual players on the field. That's ALL France had during those years. Instead of average defenders, you've got quality defenders from 1 to 15, and every once in a while some individual brilliance that keeps you in the game. France can ABSOLUTELY count on their accumulated individual strength to stay in this game, because it sure is hhhhhhhhhhhhhhellllll ain't coming from any sort of a collective command.
Heymans

Post by Heymans »

Dork Lard wrote:
Heymans wrote: You should know there's absolutely NO sort of correlation between players quality and collective on field performance with France, especially in defeat.
But there is. Of course there is. France are the shittiest Tier 1 nation at tapping into the potential of their players, granted, but if France hasn't had an ass-whooping from England in a while (I don't count the 55-35 as one, it was totally particular) it's only because of the players quality on the pitch. In fact, the only reason France has only had a couple of ass-whoopings and barely any at all under PSA as detestably scheisse as they most undeniably were is because of the accumulated quality of the individual players on the field. That's ALL France had during those years. Instead of average defenders, you've got quality defenders from 1 to 15, and every once in a while some individual brilliance that keeps you in the game. France can ABSOLUTELY count on their accumulated individual strength to stay in this game, because it sure is hhhhhhhhhhhhhhellllll ain't coming from any sort of a collective command.
Fair enough. I see your point. Its not always valid though, in attack as in defense. For me rather than individual players quality I think heart is a better indicator, and there's certainly been a lot of games without heart, nevermind game plan and the like.
Dork Lard

Post by Dork Lard »

Heymans wrote: Fair enough. I see your point. Its not always valid though, in attack as in defense. For me rather than individual players quality I think heart is a better indicator, and there's certainly been a lot of games without heart, nevermind game plan and the like.
Heymans, plenty of *heart in that Italy squad, but...
they take a massive pounding every weekend.
Trust me. Accumulated individual quality >>> heart and the much more relevant no.1 reason why France have survived the PSA-Lagisquet Apocalypse without as much destructive damage as that staff's incompetence should've caused. France were LUCKY to be France and have the Mas/Slimani, Ben Arous, Dusautoir, Picamoles, Fofana, Huget...
clydecloggie

Post by clydecloggie »

Wooden spoon decider
Dork Lard

Post by Dork Lard »

PLEAAAAASE MEMBERS OF THE GREAT PLANET RUGBY ESOTERIC OVERZEALOUSLY-WELL-PREPARED-THREAD-WORSHIPPING SECT, PLEASE HAVE SOME CONSIDERATION FOR MY MISERABLE THREAD, just this one, I BEGGG OF THEE !!!!!! I BEEGGGGGGGG !!!!!!! Only this one, then I promise we'll only do great match threads, please, spare this one...

I will sacrifice any small animal of your choice upon request immediately to appease your spirits.
Clive

Post by Clive »

f**k TV!
Sunday is f**king worse, and Friday night is crap, Saturday every time whatever time.
The Man Without Fear

bimboman wrote:

f**k TV!

Don't be silly, I'm arranging a dads over at mine with their kids (have the afternoon off dear) and ordering in shit loads of dominos for the kids tea and drunk adults.
Us betas have no male friends.
AND-y

Post by AND-y »

I just don't know who to support in this one.
The Man Without Fear wrote:
bimboman wrote:

f**k TV!

I always figured that was what this place is for.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

bimboman wrote:

f**k TV!

Agreed, these are the partners of my wife's friends , it isn't like I've chosen them, a couple of them hate rugby but are following orders I'm sure.
Masterji

Post by Masterji »

England will win easily, even with the injuries. If both teams were at full strength England would win by 20+ at Twickenham and 10+ in Paris.
Mr. Very Popular

Post by Mr. Very Popular »

State of this thread. x(
happyhooker

Post by happyhooker »

Mr. Very Popular wrote:State of this thread. x(
Look who started it.
The Man Without Fear

AND-y wrote:I just don't know who to support in this one.
bimboman wrote:

f**k TV!

I always figured that was what this place is for.
Does this mean we're going steady, then?
Dork Lard

Post by Dork Lard »

..yyyyyyeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhh soooooooooo anyways.

What's a plausible English XV for this one given the injuries ?

On the French side of things, it's going to look very close to

tba Guirado tba
Maestri Vahaamahina
Goujon Picamoles Gourdon
Macheneaud Lopez
Lamerat tba
Vakatawa Spedding Huget

Baille is good but young, maybe they'll start Chiocci at LH. They like Atonio who isn't a monster in the scrum but more impact in the loose at TH. Toulousains Fickou or David at second center instead of Fofana. Then they might have the balls to start Serin but probably Macheneaud for "security".
Dork Lard

Post by Dork Lard »

Dork Lard wrote:..yyyyyyeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhh soooooooooo anyways.

What's a plausible English XV for this one given the injuries ?
errrrr that's okay fellas, matchday sheet's coming out in just a few more days..anyways. :? :P
Raggs

Post by Raggs »

happyhooker wrote:
Look who started it.
Why exactly has he taken on himself to start a huge number of match threads? He can't be the home game crowd for all of them. It means that all I see on so many match thread openers is just "This post was made by Dork Lard who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post."
Dork Lard

Post by Dork Lard »

Raggs wrote:
happyhooker wrote:
Look who started it.
Why exactly has he taken on himself to start a huge number of match threads? He can't be the home game crowd for all of them. It means that all I see on so many match thread openers is just "This post was made by Dork Lard who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post."
aww crud...was actually expecting a response to my post !
Damn it !!!
henry

Post by henry »

The result is a foregone conclusion.

The real question is whether France will show any pride, professional or otherwise.