Height

All things Rugby
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 38403
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: Height

Post by Anonymous 1 »

globus wrote:
SaintK wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
SaintK wrote:
globus wrote:They don't. But they know that I do them, I don't charge and I get the printing done by a local firm for "mates' rates".
We have a Funeral Director who is a sponsor of my club, all club members receive a club discount for his services! Unfortunately, I seem to be attending more funerals of members of my vintage or older each season.
In all the funerals I have attended over the years I have never seen a eulogy printed out and in nearly all the cases the Funeral Director has arranged the printing of the order of service.
Your friends and acquaintances don't live and die in Oundle do they. I can well see how this could be a peculiar Oundle thing.
Funnily enough, the son in law of one of our oldest and best loved alickadoos moved to Oundle and works at the school. He also joined the local rugby club and I think is still on the committee there.
Think he is due to attend a former players lunch at my club in November will ask him if he knows anyone called Globus in Oundle or any of the local town councillors!!
We'd be happy to host him for a beer.

What part of the school is he in? Just had a lesson from the head of percussion there and our friends played and sang at our wedding reception and those of the kiddiwinks.

With the trumpet player from the Barmy Army and his wife.

And a renowned opera singer.

But I could just be fibbing. I'll let others decide.
You slip from truth to fiction so seamlessly sometimes I doubt if you even know when you are fibbing.
User avatar
RuggaBugga
Posts: 12700
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Height

Post by RuggaBugga »

globus wrote:
SaintK wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
SaintK wrote:
globus wrote:They don't. But they know that I do them, I don't charge and I get the printing done by a local firm for "mates' rates".
We have a Funeral Director who is a sponsor of my club, all club members receive a club discount for his services! Unfortunately, I seem to be attending more funerals of members of my vintage or older each season.
In all the funerals I have attended over the years I have never seen a eulogy printed out and in nearly all the cases the Funeral Director has arranged the printing of the order of service.
Your friends and acquaintances don't live and die in Oundle do they. I can well see how this could be a peculiar Oundle thing.
Funnily enough, the son in law of one of our oldest and best loved alickadoos moved to Oundle and works at the school. He also joined the local rugby club and I think is still on the committee there.
Think he is due to attend a former players lunch at my club in November will ask him if he knows anyone called Globus in Oundle or any of the local town councillors!!
We'd be happy to host him for a beer.

What part of the school is he in? Just had a lesson from the head of percussion there and our friends played and sang at our wedding reception and those of the kiddiwinks.

With the trumpet player from the Barmy Army and his wife.

And a renowned opera singer.

But I could just be fibbing. I'll let others decide.
Oundle school has a Head of Percussion?
User avatar
SaintK
Posts: 5951
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: 'ertfordshire

Re: Height

Post by SaintK »

RuggaBugga wrote:Oundle school has a Head of Percussion?
They have a "head of" for all instruments!!
At £35k a year for boarding and £20k+ a year for day attendance they can probably just about afford it.
User avatar
globus
Posts: 52639
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Oundle

Re: Height

Post by globus »

SaintK wrote:
RuggaBugga wrote:Oundle school has a Head of Percussion?
They have a "head of" for all instruments!!
At £35k a year for boarding and £20k+ a year for day attendance they can probably just about afford it.
They certainly can! I know what they are spending on improvements to the sports facilities.

Eye watering. Best not to say on here.
User avatar
pieman99
Posts: 951
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:38 pm

Re: Height

Post by pieman99 »

If I wake up sweating in the night, wondering how much Oundle School are spending on improvements to the sports facilities, then all it takes is one phone call.

Image
User avatar
globus
Posts: 52639
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Oundle

Re: Height

Post by globus »

Go on then. Try putting Colchester in your search.
backrow
Posts: 21489
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Height

Post by backrow »

backrow wrote:
globus wrote:But what does it mean?
1. Parklife
Globus remix
Confidence is a preference for the habitual bullshitter of what is known as
(Parklife)
And morning crossword can be avoided if you take a route straight through what is known as
(Parklife)
The Management gave me brewer's droop, She intimidates me by the dirty pigeons, they love a bit of her
(Parklife)
Who's that gut lord marching (they gave me a Salute), you should cut down on your porklife mate, get some exercise
All the Famous people
So many Famous people
And they all go hand-in-hand
Hand-in-hand through their parklife
Know what I mean?
I get up when I want except on Wednesdays when I get rudely awakened by the need to Post on the Forum
(Parklife)
I put my trousers on, have a cup of tea and I think about performing emergency Cranial Surgery
(Parklife)
I feed the Kiddywinks, I sometimes feed the grand-kiddywinks too
It gives me a sense of enormous well-being
(Parklife)
And then I'm happy for the rest of the day safe in the knowledge there will always be a bit of my Wallet devoted to it
All the Famous people
So many Famous people
And they all go hand-in-hand
Hand-in-hand through their parklife
Parklife
(Parklife)
Parklife
(Parklife)
It's got nothing to do with Vorsprung durch technique, you know? Should have bought a Ford Kuga tbf
(Parklife)
(Parklife) and it's not about you joggers who go round and round and round Oundle (parklife)
(Parklife)
All the Famous people
So many Famous people
And they all go hand-in-hand
Hand-in-hand through their parklife
All the Famous people
So many Famous people
And they all go hand-in-hand
Hand-in-hand through their parklife
after the 6th Globus thread on the first forum page, I thought I'd bump it to 7
User avatar
Mog The Almighty
Posts: 11962
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Height

Post by Mog The Almighty »

globus wrote:Is it important to be taller than your partner? Could you marry Karlie Kloss?

Image
I would marry TF out of her.

... and damn those dudes must be short-asses. She's tall but she's not that tall. She looks about eight foot in the photo.
User avatar
Sandstorm
Posts: 28502
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Chickenrunning...

Re: Height

Post by Sandstorm »

Mog The Almighty wrote:
globus wrote:Is it important to be taller than your partner? Could you marry Karlie Kloss?

Image
I would marry TF out of her.

... and damn those dudes must be short-asses. She's tall but she's not that tall. She looks about eight foot in the photo.
It's been shopped.
Bowens
Posts: 11040
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am

Re: Height

Post by Bowens »

Cmon Ika :lol:
User avatar
globus
Posts: 52639
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Oundle

Re: Height

Post by globus »

backrow wrote:
backrow wrote:
globus wrote:But what does it mean?
1. Parklife
Globus remix
Confidence is a preference for the habitual bullshitter of what is known as
(Parklife)
And morning crossword can be avoided if you take a route straight through what is known as
(Parklife)
The Management gave me brewer's droop, She intimidates me by the dirty pigeons, they love a bit of her
(Parklife)
Who's that gut lord marching (they gave me a Salute), you should cut down on your porklife mate, get some exercise
All the Famous people
So many Famous people
And they all go hand-in-hand
Hand-in-hand through their parklife
Know what I mean?
I get up when I want except on Wednesdays when I get rudely awakened by the need to Post on the Forum
(Parklife)
I put my trousers on, have a cup of tea and I think about performing emergency Cranial Surgery
(Parklife)
I feed the Kiddywinks, I sometimes feed the grand-kiddywinks too
It gives me a sense of enormous well-being
(Parklife)
And then I'm happy for the rest of the day safe in the knowledge there will always be a bit of my Wallet devoted to it
All the Famous people
So many Famous people
And they all go hand-in-hand
Hand-in-hand through their parklife
Parklife
(Parklife)
Parklife
(Parklife)
It's got nothing to do with Vorsprung durch technique, you know? Should have bought a Ford Kuga tbf
(Parklife)
(Parklife) and it's not about you joggers who go round and round and round Oundle (parklife)
(Parklife)
All the Famous people
So many Famous people
And they all go hand-in-hand
Hand-in-hand through their parklife
All the Famous people
So many Famous people
And they all go hand-in-hand
Hand-in-hand through their parklife
after the 6th Globus thread on the first forum page, I thought I'd bump it to 7
Mr Dumb is on the march again!
backrow
Posts: 21489
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Height

Post by backrow »

Mr Bullshit posts yet again

must say for a supposed comedy writer, you've never actually seem to have made anyone laugh or do a pastiche or a pic or anything really. just "me me me me me management me me money" - you tiresome bell end :nod:
User avatar
globus
Posts: 52639
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Oundle

Re: Height

Post by globus »

backrow wrote:Mr Bullshit posts yet again

must say for a supposed comedy writer, you've never actually seem to have made anyone laugh or do a pastiche or a pic or anything really. just "me me me me me management me me money" - you tiresome bell end :nod:
Jake. Please lock the thread. Mr Pillock is on the road again.
backrow
Posts: 21489
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Height

Post by backrow »

Rhino Hide eh ?

:lol:


I will post as I like, just Rugby banter, there are occasionally other Billy Bullshits to be found in clubs, they usually cease after the 13th or 14th utter made up lie gets found out though.
User avatar
globus
Posts: 52639
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Oundle

Re: Height

Post by globus »

backrow wrote:Rhino Hide eh ?

:lol:


I will post as I like, just Rugby banter, there are occasionally other Billy Bullshits to be found in clubs, they usually cease after the 13th or 14th utter made up lie gets found out though.
I'll see you off sonny. It's not difficult to puncture a bag of wind.
User avatar
Mog The Almighty
Posts: 11962
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Height

Post by Mog The Almighty »

Meh I just thought that dude was like 5'1 or something and it was an opportune shot.
User avatar
YOYO
Posts: 16562
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:44 pm

Re: Height

Post by YOYO »

Image
User avatar
globus
Posts: 52639
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Oundle

Re: Height

Post by globus »

YOYO wrote:Image
That is a wonderful bit from the caravan.
Post Reply