The one and only Tennis thread

All things Rugby
bimboman

Re: The one and only Tennis thread

Post by bimboman »

Short Man Syndrome wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:06 pm
bimboman wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:00 pm
Short Man Syndrome wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:45 pm And when, exactly, did that happen to me?

And your 'fairly sure' - is that based on complete ignorance, or simply blind guesswork?
It’s scratching some nerves isn’t it..... :lol:
It's wrenching the heart, like listening to a blind person talk about colour.

Yeah, you need to be a minstrel to understand that empty venues are really a success. :lol:

It’s what they must mean by “artistic license “.
Short Man Syndrome

Post by Short Man Syndrome »

I still don't understand what any of this has to do with me but I'm confident I can name more examples of career success leading to death than people can of career failure leading to death. I hope Ms Raducanu has a good team and support around her to help her deal with the pressures of exposure and gratuitous wealth.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Short Man Syndrome wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:15 pm I still don't understand what any of this has to do with me but I'm confident I can name more examples of career success leading to death than people can of career failure leading to death. I hope Ms Raducanu has a good team and support around her to help her deal with the pressures of exposure and gratuitous wealth.
Suicide rates spike when there is recession. Then there is the lower life expectancy of low employment rate areas. I don't think career success outdoes career failure in life. Though of course career successes are more high profile, hence why we can name them.
Short Man Syndrome

eldanielfire wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:24 pm
Short Man Syndrome wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:15 pm I still don't understand what any of this has to do with me but I'm confident I can name more examples of career success leading to death than people can of career failure leading to death. I hope Ms Raducanu has a good team and support around her to help her deal with the pressures of exposure and gratuitous wealth.
Suicide rates spike when there is recession. Then there is the lower life expectancy of low employment rate areas. I don't think career success outdoes career failure in life. Though of course career successes are more high profile, hence why we can name them.
Exactly why I was confident of naming more success mortalities... I'm prepared to quote Kipling when he implied that we should 'meet with Triumph and Disaster - And treat those two impostors just the same'
backrow

Post by backrow »

Us Romanians are pretty successful tbf :smug:

Or is that the Chinese :?:
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Well that’s logical considering the failures aren’t known or published.
You can call me Bill

Post by You can call me Bill »

Short Man Syndrome wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:31 pm
Exactly why I was confident of naming more success mortalities... I'm prepared to quote Kipling when he implied that we should 'meet with Triumph and Disaster - And treat those two impostors just the same'
So according to Kipling, winning the US Open will result in Emma Raducanu's premature death ?
Short Man Syndrome

You can call me Bill wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:58 pm
So according to Kipling, winning the US Open will result in Emma Raducanu's premature death ?
Is... is this... humour?
Frodder

Post by Frodder »

Short Man Syndrome wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:07 pm
You can call me Bill wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:58 pm
Is... is this... humour?
He's a noob, be gentle
Short Man Syndrome

Frodder wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:10 pm
You can call me Bill wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:58 pm So according to Kipling, winning the US Open will result in Emma Raducanu's premature death ?
Is... is this... humour?
He's a noob, be gentle
I wholeheartedly welcome him, as a noob, with our standard and traditional greeting afforded to new members of the bored - of which he may not be aware: "Fvck off, noob."

;)
You can call me Bill

Short Man Syndrome wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:17 pm
You can call me Bill wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:58 pm So according to Kipling, winning the US Open will result in Emma Raducanu's premature death ?
Is... is this... humour?
He's a noob, be gentle
I wholeheartedly welcome him, as a noob, with our standard and traditional greeting afforded to new members of the bored - of which he may not be aware: "Fvck off, noob."

;)
Thank you for the kind welcome.

I hope that you get tremendous enjoyment from reading my future crap :thumbup:
backrow

Post by backrow »

You can call me Bill wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:24 pm
Is... is this... humour?
He's a noob, be gentle

;)

We had a Bill here before.

Massive cûnt
You can call me Bill

backrow wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:38 pm

Is... is this... humour?
He's a noob, be gentle

;)

Massive cûnt
I had a feeling there was a Bill which was why I didn't just put Bill. Took all of 5 seconds over it, like probably most people. Crap name tbh. Not Bill. Bill''s a great name. You can call me Bill's a shit name though. Never mind.
LandOTurk

Post by LandOTurk »

Is... is this... humour?
He's a noob, be gentle

;)

Massive cûnt
Is that Backrow Bill you are thinking of? Yep he is/was!
Short Man Syndrome

You can call me Bill wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:04 pm

He's a noob, be gentle

;)

Massive cûnt
I had a feeling there was a Bill which was why I didn't just put Bill. Took all of 5 seconds over it, like probably most people. Crap name tbh. Not Bill. Bill''s a great name. You can call me Bill's a shit name though. Never mind.
Bill posters are prosecuted.
backrow

Post by backrow »

What do you call an anorexic duck that writes songs ?

Bill Withers
You can call me Bill

backrow wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:52 pm What do you call an anorexic duck that writes songs ?

Bill Withers
Ducks don't write songs.
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

eldanielfire wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:55 pm Planet Rugby shitfestery spreads to yet another topic.
Yeah stinking up the tennis thread of all threads ffs. x( :x
Grandpa

Post by Grandpa »

booji boy wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:21 pm
eldanielfire wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:55 pm Planet Rugby shitfestery spreads to yet another topic.
They never seem to post in rugby threads. Maybe admin can put the word 'Rugby' in front of every thread title... act as a sort of Cross to the devil.
You can call me Bill

I've watched tennis avidly for 2 weeks ! I've posted dozens of comments about the tennis !
You can call me Bill

Grandpa wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:59 pm
They never seem to post in rugby threads. Maybe admin can put the word 'Rugby' in front of every thread title... act as a sort of Cross to the devil.
I don't think I've made one single rugby related post yet :lol:
Snooze

Post by Snooze »

Back on subject, and in reference to (I think) what started the shit fighting, the WTA have assigned people to help these 2 young ladies for the next 12 months. Once they both made the semi's they decided this, and obviously in light of the Osaka situation. Decided they had better look after their golden geese. Hopefully they stick to this.
Grandpa

Post by Grandpa »

You can call me Bill wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:18 pm
I don't think I've made one single rugby related post yet :lol:
Though you have named yourself after the Rugby World Cup... :twisted:
Grandpa

Post by Grandpa »

Snooze wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:31 pm Back on subject, and in reference to (I think) what started the shit fighting, the WTA have assigned people to help these 2 young ladies for the next 12 months. Once they both made the semi's they decided this, and obviously in light of the Osaka situation. Decided they had better look after their golden geese. Hopefully they stick to this.
That's a good move. Though hopefully they both have good people around them to help keep them grounded.

Heard Medvedev on the radio today.. he's a bit of a dude... nothing like his court persona...
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Yes :lol: :thumbup:
Fat Albert

Post by Fat Albert »

To return the thread to what's important

Or

The sorting hat says "Difficult, Difficult"

On the red carpet at the Met Gala
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

They’re 18 year olds ffs , practically children. Eugh.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

bimboman wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:21 am They’re 18 year olds ffs , practically children. Eugh.
They are dressed up pretty and fashionable at a big fashion event. They are hardly being presented as sex objects as you seem to be reacting as. :uhoh:
You can call me Bill

RodneyRegis wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:15 pm
eldanielfire wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:04 pm
You can call me Bill wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:54 pm Fernandez is gorrrrgeous tbf
I agree. So cute!
LOL. If fernandez wasn't a tennis player she wouldn't get a second look.
Scroll on down...(pic 7)

https://www.wtatennis.com/photos/225456 ... e-met-gala
You can call me Bill

bimboman wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:21 am They’re 18 year olds ffs , practically children. Eugh.
Fernandez is definitely a woman. I agree with you about Raducanu.
You can call me Bill

I retract my apology to you on the cricket thread by the way. Just so you know.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

You can call me Bill wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:45 am
They had a 12 year old girl at the on court presentation. She was the spit of Fernandez including height and weight.
You can call me Bill

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:54 am
They had a 12 year old girl at the on court presentation. She was the spit of Fernandez including height and weight.
Are you of the view that Fernandez looks 12 years old ? If not, what is your point ?
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

eldanielfire wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:23 am
They are dressed up pretty and fashionable at a big fashion event. They are hardly being presented as sex objects as you seem to be reacting as. :uhoh:

I’ve not made that presentation FA did and he’s of an age where that’s pretty gross .
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

You can call me Bill wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:59 am
Are you of the view that Fernandez looks 12 years old ? If not, what is your point ?
The paedophile exchange
You can call me Bill

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:06 am
You can call me Bill wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:59 am
The paedophile exchange
“BOOM….What a woman”, Anonymous 1

“Not only is Raducanu a remarkable tennis prospect, she cleans up pretty well too”, Fat Albert

“I'm not sure if it's appropriate but I think I have a crush on a teenager”, Fat Albert

“I don't think Emma's that hot…just quite attractive in a daggie student type way (physically and mentally). Delightful girl though, and an absolute winners mentality.”, You can call me Bill

“I'm one of those who thinks she's hot from certain pictures and not so much from others. Her smile is able to light up a room though Fernandez is sooooo cute though.”, Eldanielfire

“I'm kind of with you on Fernandez being cute (albeit with a face that is really a little bit too much on the youthful side to make that sort of consideration sit particularly comfortably as a middle aged man hahaha)”, You can call me Bill

“Fernandez is gorrrrgeous tbf”, You can call me Bill

“I agree. So cute!”, Eldanielfire

“She is the second best looking of these two”, Mick Mannock

“I agree. But then we all have different tastes.”, Grandpa

“LOL. If fernandez wasn't a tennis player she wouldn't get a second look.”, Rodney Regis

“Michelle Keegan to play Emma in the Netflix movie”, Anonymous 1

“I'm an oldie and maybe that affects my taste, but if Emma came on to me, I'd very likely politely turn her away and with no regrets. Leylah, my protests about the age difference probably wouldn't last very long.”, You can call me Bill

“Each to their own and obviously beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To my eye Emma is the much more attractive of the two.”, Boojie Boy

“Absolutely. She is stunning.”, Rodney Regis

“They’re 18 year olds ffs , practically children. Eugh.”, Bimboman

“They are hardly being presented as sex objects as you seem to be reacting”, Eldanielfire

“They had a 12 year old girl at the on court presentation. She was the spit of Fernandez including height and weight.”, Anonymous 1

“Are you of the view that Fernandez looks 12 years old ? If not, what is your point ?”, You can call me Bill

“the paedophile exchange”, Anonymous 1
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

I was asked if I thought Fernandez looked like a 12 year old child.
You can call me Bill

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:48 am I was asked if I thought Fernandez looked like a 12 year old child.
You implied that Fernandez looked like a 12 year old child, in response to someone (me) suggesting that she was physically attractive.

I have pointed out, amongst other things, that you suggested that the obviously less physically mature Emma Raducanu should be played by well known sex pot and ex topless model Michelle Keegan.

Fernandez does not look anything like a 12 year old child by the way. Although she is far too young for me to be a suitable partner for her, she is nonetheless a gorgeous young woman, and I have no embarrassment in pointing that out. Like the less physically and mentally mature Raducanu, she is also an unbelievable tennis player, and a delightful and very well spoken young adult.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Michelle Keegan has dark hair is slightly built and a national figure. You farking Muppet. Fernandez looks like a child you perv
You can call me Bill

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:11 am Michelle Keegan has dark hair is slightly built and a national figure. You farking Muppet. Fernandez looks like a child you perv
Leylah Fernandez

Emma Raducanu ("“BOOM….What a woman”):

https://www.standard.co.uk/insider/emma ... 54991.html

The woman you want to play Emma Raducanu in a movie:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/1 ... modelling/
Last edited by You can call me Bill on Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.